Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, October 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 1 2013, 09:03 AM (6,708 Views)
camera shy

Rosebud
Oct 1 2013, 01:12 PM
Can someone tell me why St. Luke's has two parish priests?
I'm Catholic and when I grew up we had two parrish priest who shared a home and the nuns lived about two doors away. Once after school me and my school friends had the opportunity to sneak up into the bedrooms and poke around.....all we found was a big jar of jelly beans. :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

Yoryla
Oct 1 2013, 01:53 PM
I still cannot understand why Sami would, could or should be angry to Stefano at this point. Bitch, you're FREE, and not spending the rest of your life behind bars. I think that should be something to be grateful about! And sure, Stefano could have given the razor back earlier, but the point is he eventually did it. And the only thing he is asking in return is for them to live at the mansion and for them to be a family??? That's not such a tough deal, Sami! Especially given that before all this happened, EJ took something that was *not* his. The old Stefano would have had him killed for being such a treacherous bastard.

All this "drama" that is supposed to be coming out of this situation just seems hollow to me.

Stefano also wants EJ to work for him, and Sami knows that means that EJ will probably go back to the dark side. Sami also don´t want her children to be raised as Dimeras.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Oct 1 2013, 09:18 AM
Ah, yes. No list of worst characters ever would be complete without Rachel Blake. I love JER, but oh man, didn't you just wanna jump into the TV and strangled her yourself?

I do miss Aremid though. I miss the big, umbrella storylines.
I think she is easily the most annoying character I've ever come across on television, her incessant crying was so grating.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I actually liked Ericole today but I still want Nicole to take the job, move out and never look back.

Jason47
Member Avatar

blueskies
Oct 1 2013, 12:33 PM
glad the show didn't get pre-empted completely.
A few more minutes and it would have been preempted nationally. But there's always NBC.com and Hulu.com and the SoapNet airings for those who missed portions of the episode today.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Yoryla
I still cannot understand why Sami would, could or should be angry to Stefano at this point. Bitch, you're FREE, and not spending the rest of your life behind bars. I think that should be something to be grateful about! And sure, Stefano could have given the razor back earlier, but the point is he eventually did it. And the only thing he is asking in return is for them to live at the mansion and for them to be a family??? That's not such a tough deal, Sami! Especially given that before all this happened, EJ took something that was *not* his. The old Stefano would have had him killed for being such a treacherous bastard.

All this "drama" that is supposed to be coming out of this situation just seems hollow to me.
Well by Stefano standards, he's being reasonable, but that's a really low standard. In a normal, loving family, you'd expect your fiancée's father not to hold back evidence that could free you from a murder charge or force you to live in his house, work with him and be his loving family in order to get the evidence to set you free. So yeah, I can see why she's pissed. Of course, normal and loving doesn't often make for interesting soap relationships, so I'm good with both Stefano's demands and Sami's reaction.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Marge is really off the rails! That doesn't bode well for those on her hit list.

Sami flouncing around playing lady of the manor was downright laughable.

Enjoyed the Justin and Adrienne scenes once Marge was done ranting.

Nicole and Eric scenes were the best. Ari just brings it day in and day out! Kudos to her.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Oct 1 2013, 02:01 PM
Yoryla

Stefano also wants EJ to work for him, and Sami knows that means that EJ will probably go back to the dark side. Sami also don´t want her children to be raised as Dimeras.
But that's such a crock too. She's been in EJ's vicinity for a long time, and has gone to the dark side herself just a *few* times, most recently threatening people with guns and asking EJ "get rid of Nick".
Edited by Yoryla, Oct 1 2013, 02:41 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Oct 1 2013, 02:30 PM
Yoryla

Well by Stefano standards, he's being reasonable, but that's a really low standard. In a normal, loving family, you'd expect your fiancée's father not to hold back evidence that could free you from a murder charge or force you to live in his house, work with him and be his loving family in order to get the evidence to set you free. So yeah, I can see why she's pissed. Of course, normal and loving doesn't often make for interesting soap relationships, so I'm good with both Stefano's demands and Sami's reaction.
I don't agree.

What EJ did to Stefano was a full-blown betrayal. Without any previous signs or warnings, he arranged to take his whole entire fortune. There was never any sort of justification for that, it was done out of pure childish revenge and payback. If EJ didn't want to forgive his father for disowning him, he could have simply walked away and never look back. With total guarantee, that would have been what would have hurt Stefano the most in the long run. And the idea that EJ thought he could just get away with what he had done was just stupid. Given all of that, what is happening now is *Very* minor.

Something was stolen from Stefano, and he just took back what was rightfully his all along to begin with. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Plus the fact that Sami did the shooting all on her own, nobody forced her.

six
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Oct 1 2013, 02:40 PM
tomsawyer
Yoryla

I don't agree.

What EJ did to Stefano was a full-blown betrayal. Without any previous signs or warnings, he arranged to take his whole entire fortune. There was never any sort of justification for that, it was done out of pure childish revenge and payback. If EJ didn't want to forgive his father for disowning him, he could have simply walked away and never look back. With total guarantee, that would have been what would have hurt Stefano the most in the long run. And the idea that EJ thought he could just get away with what he had done was just stupid. Given all of that, what is happening now is *Very* minor.

Something was stolen from Stefano, and he just took back what was rightfully his all along to begin with. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Plus the fact that Sami did the shooting all on her own, nobody forced her.
Sami did the shooting all on her own, but Stefano essentially kept her imprisoned by keeping quiet about the location of the razor (and he most likely made sure it ended up at the nurse's house in the first place), moving the planted money out of the utility room etc. None of this would have happened if it weren't for him, so I don't think Sami should be grateful to him for deciding to stop ruining her life for the time being.
Edited by six, Oct 1 2013, 03:06 PM.

Sweet and Salty

PatNS
Oct 1 2013, 02:33 PM
Marge is really off the rails! That doesn't bode well for those on her hit list.

Sami flouncing around playing lady of the manor was downright laughable.

Enjoyed the Justin and Adrienne scenes once Marge was done ranting.

Nicole and Eric scenes were the best. Ari just brings it day in and day out! Kudos to her.
She's an incredible actress. She expresses her feelings and truly makes you sympathize with her.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 1 2013, 09:03 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
I almost peed my pants when I opened this thread. I would cover my eyes and hyperventilate every single time this woman came on the screen. She was terrifying to 7 year old me. :lol:

S loves EJ

Yoryla
Oct 1 2013, 02:34 PM
S loves EJ
Yoryla

But that's such a crock too. She's been in EJ's vicinity for a long time, and has gone to the dark side herself just a *few* times, most recently threatening people with guns and asking EJ "get rid of Nick".
Sami can be bad but I doubt she will be okey with EJ putting out hits on people. She is not mafiawife material. She did not go trough with her plans for nick.
Edited by S loves EJ, Oct 2 2013, 02:39 AM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 1 2013, 09:03 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
And don't forget the other long-time-ago connection...

The first radio series Macdonald Carey worked on was the Irna Phillips' soap "Woman in White" for WGN in 1937!!

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Oct 1 2013, 02:34 PM
S loves EJ
Yoryla

And a lot when she was younger, as a Sami I actually loved back then.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Oct 1 2013, 02:02 PM
The Room Stops
Ah, yes. No list of worst characters ever would be complete without Rachel Blake. I love JER, but oh man, didn't you just wanna jump into the TV and strangled her yourself?

I think she is easily the most annoying character I've ever come across on television, her incessant crying was so grating.
Damn...I almost thought you were describing Sami...

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 1 2013, 03:13 PM
Laufeyson
Oct 1 2013, 02:02 PM
The Room Stops

Damn...I almost thought you were describing Sami...
No, that's a different kind of annoying. There's sections and subsections of annoying and almost every character on this show fits somewhere....

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Ericole was breaking my heart today. AZ was wonderful, as always, and I really liked how GV let Eric's emotions slip through.

"It's not like you'd kill somebody." Oh, honey, you must be new here.
Also, tone it down just a smidge.

I really wish they'd stop having so many scenes in Fangoria. It's really dark and it's a little strange to have so many people frequenting a bar in the middle of the day.

I'd love to have had Jordan really lose it with Marge and then have to go back to the status quo with Rafe.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Yoryla
tomsawyer
Yoryla

I don't agree.

I don't agree that EJ trying to get revenge on Stefano was without "any sort of justification." His father disowned him, so he was hurt and angry. That's justification. We may thinks EJ's revenge was lame or an overreaction, but it's not like he just decided to do something to Stefano just because.

As to Stefano, he didn't "just take back what was rightfully his." If that was the case, he would've agreed to just take back the company and the house back since that's what EJ stole. Instead, he went the extra step of forcing EJ to live in the house with his family, work for him and have a father-son relationship with him. It's obviously the latter demand that's really pissing off both EJ and Sami.

All in all, I have no problem with anybody's reaction and I think it's all in character. It makes sense that EJ would try to take some childish revenge on Stefano. It makes sense that Sami would make a stupid, impulsive mistake that landed her in hot water. It makes sense that Stefano would use that mistake to his advantage to try to exert control over his son and his family. And it makes sense that both EJ and Sami are pissed about Stefano trying to exert control over them. So, it's all in character and there are justifications for everybody's reactions, even if we think their justifications are dumb.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

six
Oct 1 2013, 02:50 PM
Yoryla
tomsawyer
Yoryla

I don't agree.

Sami did the shooting all on her own, but Stefano essentially kept her imprisoned by keeping quiet about the location of the razor (and he most likely made sure it ended up at the nurse's house in the first place), moving the planted money out of the utility room etc. None of this would have happened if it weren't for him, so I don't think Sami should be grateful to him for deciding to stop ruining her life for the time being.
The money was an illegal scheme of EJ's and was not true. EJ made up something that isn't true. So that is a non-issue.

How could it possibly said that "none" of this would have happened without Stefano, when, again, Sami is the one who shot a man. That was the crime here, not Stefano hiding a razor.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply