Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, October 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 1 2013, 09:03 AM (6,660 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Oct 1 2013, 03:45 PM
six
Oct 1 2013, 02:50 PM
Yoryla
Oct 1 2013, 02:40 PM
tomsawyer
Oct 1 2013, 02:30 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't agree.

What EJ did to Stefano was a full-blown betrayal. Without any previous signs or warnings, he arranged to take his whole entire fortune. There was never any sort of justification for that, it was done out of pure childish revenge and payback. If EJ didn't want to forgive his father for disowning him, he could have simply walked away and never look back. With total guarantee, that would have been what would have hurt Stefano the most in the long run. And the idea that EJ thought he could just get away with what he had done was just stupid. Given all of that, what is happening now is *Very* minor.

Something was stolen from Stefano, and he just took back what was rightfully his all along to begin with. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Plus the fact that Sami did the shooting all on her own, nobody forced her.
Sami did the shooting all on her own, but Stefano essentially kept her imprisoned by keeping quiet about the location of the razor (and he most likely made sure it ended up at the nurse's house in the first place), moving the planted money out of the utility room etc. None of this would have happened if it weren't for him, so I don't think Sami should be grateful to him for deciding to stop ruining her life for the time being.
The money was an illegal scheme of EJ's and was not true. EJ made up something that isn't true. So that is a non-issue.

How could it possibly said that "none" of this would have happened without Stefano, when, again, Sami is the one who shot a man. That was the crime here, not Stefano hiding a razor.
Shooting somebody isn't a crime if the shooter can prove they justifiably acted in self defense or defense of another person. That's why the prosecutor dropped the charges against Sami because she didn't believe she could prove that Sami committed a crime.

On the other hand, withholding evidence can often be a crime.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Yoryla
six
Yoryla
tomsawyer

I don't agree.

What EJ did to Stefano was a full-blown betrayal. Without any previous signs or warnings, he arranged to take his whole entire fortune. There was never any sort of justification for that, it was done out of pure childish revenge and payback. If EJ didn't want to forgive his father for disowning him, he could have simply walked away and never look back. With total guarantee, that would have been what would have hurt Stefano the most in the long run. And the idea that EJ thought he could just get away with what he had done was just stupid. Given all of that, what is happening now is *Very* minor.

Something was stolen from Stefano, and he just took back what was rightfully his all along to begin with. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Plus the fact that Sami did the shooting all on her own, nobody forced her.
Sami did the shooting all on her own, but Stefano essentially kept her imprisoned by keeping quiet about the location of the razor (and he most likely made sure it ended up at the nurse's house in the first place), moving the planted money out of the utility room etc. None of this would have happened if it weren't for him, so I don't think Sami should be grateful to him for deciding to stop ruining her life for the time being.
The money was an illegal scheme of EJ's and was not true. EJ made up something that isn't true. So that is a non-issue.

How could it possibly said that "none" of this would have happened without Stefano, when, again, Sami is the one who shot a man. That was the crime here, not Stefano hiding a razor.
It doesn't matter if EJ cooked up an illegal scheme or not, Stefano torpedoing it is still another step he took to ensure that Sami stay in jail until EJ came crawling back to him.

Sami shooting Joe wasn't a crime. That's why she's free. The crimes that lead to this story were 1. Stefano sending Bernardi to maim Rafe. 2. Stefano at least withholding evidence and possibly arranging to have it stolen and concealed.

ETA: or what Tomsawyer just said.
Edited by six, Oct 1 2013, 03:57 PM.

camera shy

It pissed me off when Sami called Stefano's girlfriend a 'whore'. What makes a woman a 'whore'? Sleeping with a man you're not married to? Sleeping with a lot of men? Taking money from a man you're sleeping with? What made Stefano's girlfriend a 'whore'?

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I think Eric complete's dependence on Nicole became even more apparent when he nearly broke down at the prospect of her leaving him (10 points to Eric for correctly deducing the real reason behind this need for change but only just). Them working together really is not healthy for either one of them. He thinks she's still in love with Brady and she respects his vows, it's saved them from doing something they'd both regret only because they don't yet fully realise how deep their feelings for each other go. Ericole could've happened months ago. And for a very long time both were settling for just a little piece of the other, knowing they couldn't have the whole and that makes it so tragic. I don't see them going completely Thornbirds on them, that boat has sailed, imo. It is time to move on truly. Nicole can't keep giving to a man that can never give back and Eric can't truly expect Nicole to be his celibate partner (while he remains a priest) for as long as she shall live. She needs to let him go, for real this time and he needs to do the same.

I am one of the many people convinced this story is going nowhere fast and logically they should cut their loses and actually move on to something better, with actual movement but today was so heartbreaking and just made me want them to make it in the end but the odds of that happening are just so slim. It's a shame really, this story could have been amazing.
Edited by Laufeyson, Oct 1 2013, 04:04 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Oct 1 2013, 01:53 PM
I still cannot understand why Sami would, could or should be angry to Stefano at this point. Bitch, you're FREE, and not spending the rest of your life behind bars. I think that should be something to be grateful about! And sure, Stefano could have given the razor back earlier, but the point is he eventually did it. And the only thing he is asking in return is for them to live at the mansion and for them to be a family??? That's not such a tough deal, Sami! Especially given that before all this happened, EJ took something that was *not* his. The old Stefano would have had him killed for being such a treacherous bastard.

All this "drama" that is supposed to be coming out of this situation just seems hollow to me.
I completely agree!!! It was just fine with her that Elvis did SOMETHING that got her out of jail.she didn't care what it was. She should have kissed Stefano's ring today. Voluntarily. You take up with Elvis DiMera, you want to live the good life at the DiMansion, bringing your children with you, and you're shocked that baby Elvis made a deal with his father to save your stupid @ss? GMAB. Sami, you are a DiMera, you wanted to be a DiMera, now shut up.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 1 2013, 01:54 PM
Rosebud
Oct 1 2013, 01:12 PM
Can someone tell me why St. Luke's has two parish priests?
I'm Catholic and when I grew up we had two parrish priest who shared a home and the nuns lived about two doors away. Once after school me and my school friends had the opportunity to sneak up into the bedrooms and poke around.....all we found was a big jar of jelly beans. :D
:blulaugh: I also grew up Catholic and went to a Catholic school for 8 years and we also had 2 parish priests, but that is unheard of anymore. There just aren't enough of them and some of them now serve until they're too old and HAVE to retire, because there aren't any new young ones. Having that old priest on Days cracks me up.

concerned
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Oct 1 2013, 03:53 PM
Yoryla
six
Yoryla

Shooting somebody isn't a crime if the shooter can prove they justifiably acted in self defense or defense of another person. That's why the prosecutor dropped the charges against Sami because she didn't believe she could prove that Sami committed a crime.

So they will be following up on hiding the video.
I'm not a lawyer but I think lying whilst under oath is also a crime.
Edited by concerned, Oct 1 2013, 04:22 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Oct 1 2013, 02:01 PM
Yoryla
I still cannot understand why Sami would, could or should be angry to Stefano at this point. Bitch, you're FREE, and not spending the rest of your life behind bars. I think that should be something to be grateful about! And sure, Stefano could have given the razor back earlier, but the point is he eventually did it. And the only thing he is asking in return is for them to live at the mansion and for them to be a family??? That's not such a tough deal, Sami! Especially given that before all this happened, EJ took something that was *not* his. The old Stefano would have had him killed for being such a treacherous bastard.

All this "drama" that is supposed to be coming out of this situation just seems hollow to me.

Stefano also wants EJ to work for him, and Sami knows that means that EJ will probably go back to the dark side. Sami also don´t want her children to be raised as Dimeras.
Then why is she with Elvis DiMera? A very well known criminal?

concerned
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 1 2013, 04:22 PM
S loves EJ
Yoryla

Stefano also wants EJ to work for him, and Sami knows that means that EJ will probably go back to the dark side. Sami also don´t want her children to be raised as Dimeras.
He's s changed man and the father of two of her children

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Oct 1 2013, 02:02 PM
The Room Stops
Oct 1 2013, 09:18 AM
Ah, yes. No list of worst characters ever would be complete without Rachel Blake. I love JER, but oh man, didn't you just wanna jump into the TV and strangled her yourself?

I do miss Aremid though. I miss the big, umbrella storylines.
I think she is easily the most annoying character I've ever come across on television, her incessant crying was so grating.
For me she was nothing compared to Susan Banks. :drunk:

concerned
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 1 2013, 03:57 PM
It pissed me off when Sami called Stefano's girlfriend a 'whore'. What makes a woman a 'whore'? Sleeping with a man you're not married to? Sleeping with a lot of men? Taking money from a man you're sleeping with? What made Stefano's girlfriend a 'whore'?
D. Only sleeping with a man because he is giving you money.

Still we haven't seen evidence of that yet so I think potential gold digger might be a more accurate description.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

concerned
Oct 1 2013, 04:21 PM
tomsawyer
Yoryla
six

Well I doubt they follow up on any of the actual crimes committed here, but yes, they could obviously prosecute Sami for lying under oath and withholding evidence if they wanted. That would be so much fun, LOL. I mean, if they couldn't milk the drama out of a murder trial, just think how much exciting a perjury/obstruction of justice trial would be.

concerned
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Oct 1 2013, 04:28 PM
concerned
Oct 1 2013, 04:21 PM
tomsawyer
Yoryla

Well I doubt they follow up on any of the actual crimes committed here, but yes, they could obviously prosecute Sami for lying under oath and withholding evidence if they wanted. That would be so much fun, LOL. I mean, if they couldn't milk the drama out of a murder trial, just think how much exciting a perjury/obstruction of justice trial would be.
It could happen off screen just like jack and Jen getting engaged. John deciding to leave. Bo not coming back to hope. And steve divorcing kayla.

I'm totally ok with ej turning up to the cafe with kids in tow and discussing with sonny how hard it is being a single parent whilst Sami is doing time.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 1 2013, 04:22 PM
S loves EJ
Yoryla

Because she thinks Elvis is a semi-reformed criminal like she is. That means they only commit minor crimes now, LOL. On the other hand, Stefano is still trying to commit major crimes like castration, so she doesn't want him around her family.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Yoryla

Well by Stefano standards, he's being reasonable, but that's a really low standard. In a normal, loving family, you'd expect your fiancée's father not to hold back evidence that could free you from a murder charge or force you to live in his house, work with him and be his loving family in order to get the evidence to set you free. So yeah, I can see why she's pissed. Of course, normal and loving doesn't often make for interesting soap relationships, so I'm good with both Stefano's demands and Sami's reaction.
Sami knows she is not involved in a normal loving family, and if she expected Stefano to actually be GONE then she's dumber than dirt.

concerned
Member Avatar

If I have to choose between watching adrienne and Justin fight for their marriage or Sami end up in jail. I choose airtime for adrienne and Justin but I am happy for both events to occur even if it is off screen.

concerned
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 1 2013, 04:33 PM
tomsawyer
Yoryla

Well by Stefano standards, he's being reasonable, but that's a really low standard. In a normal, loving family, you'd expect your fiancée's father not to hold back evidence that could free you from a murder charge or force you to live in his house, work with him and be his loving family in order to get the evidence to set you free. So yeah, I can see why she's pissed. Of course, normal and loving doesn't often make for interesting soap relationships, so I'm good with both Stefano's demands and Sami's reaction.
Sami knows she is not involved in a normal loving family, and if she expected Stefano to actually be GONE then she's dumber than dirt.
The Phoenix always rises.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Oct 1 2013, 03:11 PM
Yoryla
Oct 1 2013, 02:34 PM
S loves EJ
Yoryla

But that's such a crock too. She's been in EJ's vicinity for a long time, and has gone to the dark side herself just a *few* times, most recently threatening people with guns and asking EJ "get rid of Nick".
Sami can be bad but I doubt she will be okey with EJ putting out hits on people. She is not mafiawife material. She did not go trough with her plans for nickffof
No, she'd be there right next to Elvis taking aim.

OliveAnn

Jason47
Oct 1 2013, 02:16 PM
blueskies
Oct 1 2013, 12:33 PM
glad the show didn't get pre-empted completely.
A few more minutes and it would have been preempted nationally. But there's always NBC.com and Hulu.com and the SoapNet airings for those who missed portions of the episode today.
Will today's episode count in ratings?

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Ophelia
Oct 1 2013, 03:26 PM
Ericole was breaking my heart today. AZ was wonderful, as always, and I really liked how GV let Eric's emotions slip through.

"It's not like you'd kill somebody." Oh, honey, you must be new here.
Also, tone it down just a smidge.

I really wish they'd stop having so many scenes in Fangoria. It's really dark and it's a little strange to have so many people frequenting a bar in the middle of the day.

I'd love to have had Jordan really lose it with Marge and then have to go back to the status quo with Rafe.
They need to decide if it's a NIGHT club or a coffee house. :rolleyes:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply