Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, October 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 2 2013, 12:22 AM (9,962 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 2 2013, 05:38 PM
Does Sami have a single friend? Maybe that's why they used Caroline to talk to her. Nobody else really gives a crap about Sami. Marlena, I think is exhausted with trying to reason with her.
I think the reason they had Sami talk to Caroline was because of Caroline's affair with Victor and the similarities of the "mob familes", but it just didn't work for me. They could have had Sami talk to Roman, Marlena, Hope, Kayla... all family members. Her talking to Caroline was idiotic and poorly done.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kinay
Oct 2 2013, 05:52 PM
lysie
Oct 2 2013, 12:37 PM
Theresa's new job is to talk around the hospital with her purse.
...and her ugly acid washed jacket. God that girl is annoying!
They dress her like that, I think, because the actress looks like she's 35, so they have to try to make her look younger.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Oct 2 2013, 06:43 PM
Rosebud
Does Sami have a single friend? Maybe that's why they used Caroline to talk to her. Nobody else really gives a crap about Sami. Marlena, I think is exhausted with trying to reason with her.
Using Caroline for this scene, aswell as some others, was indeed a weird choice. The real reason behind it is of course because PM is a contract player, and there aren't that many Brady's with problems nowadays. And it really highlights the fact that Sami indeed has no friends.

But where is Roman? I have to wonder about JT's episode guarantee given that he has a contract.

FauxRo is sleeping in his casket in the grave yard.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 2 2013, 06:50 PM
LuvingLumi
Oct 2 2013, 02:40 PM
Well....that entire episode was super disappointing.

The good: Lucas, I've come to realize he's MY ONLY enjoyment left on this show...loved the joke about the guns....typical Lucas with the jabs...I liked that...apparently he took all the kids for a day out? That is nice to see....I loved the mention of Allie moving out if the stuff about Dimansion was true...GOOD! I still don't believe that Lucas would be fine with Ej around Allie, it shouldn't just be about Stefano for him...it should be about both of them and what they've done to him and his family over the years.....

I still wish they'd invested more into Abby and Chad...I love their chemistry...I liked the Chad/Ej scenes at Dimansion....

The bad: EJ's hair.....What the hell......still.....WTF was that Ej and Sami bullshit fight...SAMI YOU MOVED YOURSELF IN THAT HOUSE.....WTF are you so shocked about? Goodness, she's such a twit...and EJ....stop saying that you gave your word. Since when have you kept your word on ANYTHING? WHEN? Oh and Caroline...please shut the fuck up.....are you telling me that you think EJ is a man of his word? She's completely gone bananas. IMHO Using Caroline to talk to Sami was the wrong move, unless they want the conversation to be the focal point of Sami realizing later on that Caroline was in fact wrong....there was a reason she didn't end up leaving Shawn for Victor...mobster's words don't mean squat....

Please show don't let the word "WORD" end up being the next vendetta....

This show has become a joke.
OMG.. THIS.. all of it.

Finally, we get to see Lucas in some scenes where he belongs.

I cry bullshit, too, on that EJ and Sami fight. What was that, anyway?

And Sami and Caroline was just plain pathetic. Sami now takes advice from her granny with Alzheimers who always hated EJ and Stefano Dimera. Now, she is all ok with Sami being with EJ after all he and his family have done to her children and grandchildren. It was all ludicrous... the dialogue... all of it.
If they want to portray Caroline as an Alzheimer patient, why don't they have her have a few short term memory problems? Like offer people coffee, then a minute later offer it again? Let her family deal with that. Instead of having her completely lucid (despite that ridiculous convo with Sami).

Rosebud
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 2 2013, 07:06 PM
Rosebud
I think the reason they had Sami talk to Caroline was because of Caroline's affair with Victor and the similarities of the "mob familes", but it just didn't work for me. They could have had Sami talk to Roman, Marlena, Hope, Kayla... all family members. Her talking to Caroline was idiotic and poorly done.
Did Caroline or Sami mention Caroline's relationship with Victor? I could have missed it.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 2 2013, 07:23 PM
magicsteacher
LuvingLumi

The good: Lucas, I've come to realize he's MY ONLY enjoyment left on this show...loved the joke about the guns....typical Lucas with the jabs...I liked that...apparently he took all the kids for a day out? That is nice to see....I loved the mention of Allie moving out if the stuff about Dimansion was true...GOOD! I still don't believe that Lucas would be fine with Ej around Allie, it shouldn't just be about Stefano for him...it should be about both of them and what they've done to him and his family over the years.....

I still wish they'd invested more into Abby and Chad...I love their chemistry...I liked the Chad/Ej scenes at Dimansion....

The bad: EJ's hair.....What the hell......still.....WTF was that Ej and Sami bullshit fight...SAMI YOU MOVED YOURSELF IN THAT HOUSE.....WTF are you so shocked about? Goodness, she's such a twit...and EJ....stop saying that you gave your word. Since when have you kept your word on ANYTHING? WHEN? Oh and Caroline...please shut the fuck up.....are you telling me that you think EJ is a man of his word? She's completely gone bananas. IMHO Using Caroline to talk to Sami was the wrong move, unless they want the conversation to be the focal point of Sami realizing later on that Caroline was in fact wrong....there was a reason she didn't end up leaving Shawn for Victor...mobster's words don't mean squat....

OMG.. THIS.. all of it.

And Sami and Caroline was just plain pathetic. Sami now takes advice from her granny with Alzheimers who always hated EJ and Stefano Dimera. Now, she is all ok with Sami being with EJ after all he and his family have done to her children and grandchildren. It was all ludicrous... the dialogue... all of it.
If they want to portray Caroline as an Alzheimer patient, why don't they have her have a few short term memory problems? Like offer people coffee, then a minute later offer it again? Let her family deal with that. Instead of having her completely lucid (despite that ridiculous convo with Sami).
These writers totally missed the boat with the Alzheimers story. If Caroline didn't mention the fact that she has the disease from time to time, the viewers wouldn't even realize she had it.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 2 2013, 07:25 PM
magicsteacher
Rosebud
Did Caroline or Sami mention Caroline's relationship with Victor? I could have missed it.
No, I don't think they did, but I think that since Sami and her grandmother both have been in the position of loving men from a mob family, they had her speak to Caroline. JMO, tho.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Rosebud
Oct 2 2013, 07:23 PM
magicsteacher
LuvingLumi

OMG.. THIS.. all of it.

As far as the short term memory loss I say she sees Stefano one day and starts flirting with him and as she leaves she calls him Victor, lol

gailwinters
Member Avatar

I am completely in love with with the Brothers DiMera. Why couldn't we get this story for them a long time ago? What a waste to have two actors who are so believable as brothers and never write any real story for them until one of them is leaving.

lovefashion

Does anyone think Abby looked jealous today.

michelle
Member Avatar

I liked Sami's talk with Caroline. She's been asking her for advice now for awhile, so that didn't surprise or annoy me at all. I used to have that kind of relationship with my grandmother, so I totally buy it.

What I don't buy is Sami's ridiculous behavior toward EJ. It almost makes me wish he would have left her ass in jail. Almost...

I'd really just like her to say thank you. Yeah, sharing DiMansion with Stef will suck a bit, and they won't have their fab portrait to stare at anymore, but better this than sharing a jail cell with a 500 lb inmate named Big Bertha who wants to call you sweetheart.

Sweet and Salty

blueskies
Oct 2 2013, 01:03 PM
i feel bad for Kayla here...you can tell it was a slip. Not that he wouldn't have found out eventually anyway.
Oh MY! I am OTT mad at this! I swear I loathe the writing more than I think I ever have! For them to have Kayla SLIP UP...She has not shown bitterness over this in SO many instances since the rape where she COULD have! Even when Jen Jen Jenny was dating her brother she KNEW Jenny's true love was Jack! All this was was Dan propping. I so totally will quit watching if or WHEN JJ falls at the feet of ST Daniel begging forgiveness. If not before. Today was pretty close to the straw for me.

Sweet and Salty

buster
Oct 2 2013, 01:34 PM
This comment will probably get me banned, but it seems like many of you really hate most everything about the show. It's funny that you enjoy watching it and trashing it so much.
If you think that will get you banned, you haven't been reading the boards much. This is a great place.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 2 2013, 07:29 PM
Rosebud
Oct 2 2013, 07:25 PM
magicsteacher
Rosebud
No, I don't think they did, but I think that since Sami and her grandmother both have been in the position of loving men from a mob family, they had her speak to Caroline. JMO, tho.
I guess that's possible... If I thought these writers considered history often, but they don't so I think it was just an attempt to have someone tell Sami about what a great love story she and Elvis have. :rolleyes:

Kinay

lovefashion
Oct 2 2013, 08:00 PM
I think Abby is not over Cameron and that she is bothered by his dating Gabi. I thought Cameron and Gabi looked stunning together, they sure are beautiful people.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

michelle
Oct 2 2013, 08:14 PM
I'd really just like her to say thank you. Yeah, sharing DiMansion with Stef will suck a bit, and they won't have their fab portrait to stare at anymore, but better this than sharing a jail cell with a 500 lb inmate named Big Bertha who wants to call you sweetheart.
I'd pay a lot to hear EJ tell Sami this......especially the part about the inmate named Big Bertha.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

DrewHamilton
Oct 2 2013, 04:39 PM
Gabi and Sonny's scenes really threw me off at the beginning of the episode. Last I saw, they weren't particularly favoring each other. I understand Sonny fixing Gabi up with Cameron in order to get her away from Nick, but the interaction between Sonny and Gabi just seemed weird. Like they're friends or something. I haven't been keeping up with DAYS the last few episodes, so maybe I missed something.

Gotta agree with Theresa. I still think Parker looks like Daniel popped him out an threw blonde hair on his head. Darken that hair and it's a Daniel "mini me."

"And it's Jennifer. Always." Loved that line! Go Jennifer! :cheer:

Nice to see Lucas had all of Sami's kids today. Wish we'd get more of that. Hell, it's the only we'd see Allie.

I've wanted Jack raping Kayla to come out for years now. But I have a hard time believing Kayla would be so upset to blurt it out in the defense of Daniel. The writers could've definitely come up with a better way for Jack's dark past to come to light. #InstantFail.
You.need to watch Monday's episode (9-30-13). By the end of the episode Gabby and Sonny and Will were all friendly again.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Romancer66
Oct 2 2013, 05:37 PM
jewlmc
Oct 2 2013, 12:51 PM
Awful. To get THAT angry over JJ dissing Daniel? Contrived and pathetic.
This. I said this on another thread, but I think it bears repeating. Why couldn't Kayla have slipped up about the rape because of something upsetting that recently happened to her? Like treating a rape victim in the ER or putting in some time at a rape crisis center? Something that would naturally lead her to think about her own rape and how it affected her life? Why does she have to blurt this out in defense of Daniel Jonas, of all people? He's not her brother, he's not her best friend, he's not that close to her, but she'll lose her temper with her teenage nephew (who has every right to prefer his father to Daniel) and almost blurt out something that would traumatize/hurt him because he has the nerve to dislike Dr. Douche? Kayla has a right to feel whatever she feels about Jack, but lashing out at his troubled teenage son, who had nothing to do with what happened and didn't even exist at the time, is hardly constructive. Granted, JJ would most likely have found out about Jack's shady past one way or another in time, but having it happen now, under these particular circumstances, because of freakin' Daniel, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Great post. Totally agree with your statements.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

lovefashion
She did seem jealous to me. I do not think she has "moved on" as much as she thinks. I do not think Nick is going to be very happy about Gabby seeing Cameron either.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kinay
Oct 2 2013, 08:48 PM
lovefashion
I think Abby is not over Cameron and that she is bothered by his dating Gabi. I thought Cameron and Gabi looked stunning together, they sure are beautiful people.
I don't think she's jealous. I think she doesn't like that he dumped her and moved on so quickly. She seems to expect him to fight for her or something, even while she has moved on and is sleeping with Chad.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply