Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, October 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 2 2013, 12:22 AM (10,038 Views)
outrageous
Member Avatar

I loved the conversation between Caroline and Sami. I thought if anyone would understand Sami's situation right now it would be her. At least she has some knowledge about the mob and can relate. She understood the extent of EJ's sacrifice for Sami. I liked how she ended the conversation with "you've got a choice to make". Caroline regreted her choice in the end.
Edited by outrageous, Oct 2 2013, 09:31 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

outrageous
Oct 2 2013, 09:29 PM
tomsawyer
Oct 2 2013, 12:55 PM
six
Oct 2 2013, 12:13 PM
I don't understand why EJ doesn't tell Sami they have to live at the mansion because Stefano has the goods on Will, because surely he doesn't think anyone suddenly believes his word is his bond.
I wish they would've gone with that angle too. I don't like this "I give my word as a DiMera" thing they are doing with Stefano and now EJ. It's never been a thing before.
Maybe not when they give their word to others, but it may have greater meaning when they give it to each other. Come to think of it, EJ and Stephano never really lie when they give their word "as Dimeras" to others eiter. For example, when Stephano gave his word that he didn't send Bernandi to kill Rafe, he really didn't. He sent him to cut his little appendage off.

I loved the conversation between Caroline and Sami. I thought if anyone would understand Sami's situation right now it would be her. At least she has some knowledge about the mob and can relate. She understood the extent of EJ's sacrifice for Sami. I liked how she ended the conversation with "you've got a choice to make". Caroline regreted her choice in the end.
That's the thing. Caroline didn't regret her choice. And IDK what constitutes being in the mob, but I don't think Victor was. And I can think of several times that Stefano went back on his word - particularly during the stuff with John and Marlena.

Abena
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Oct 2 2013, 07:48 PM
I am completely in love with with the Brothers DiMera. Why couldn't we get this story for them a long time ago? What a waste to have two actors who are so believable as brothers and never write any real story for them until one of them is leaving.

I could have watched Chad and Ej scene for the whole! ;) :D

some much sibling chemistry..........going to waste with Chad's exit :facepalm:

mollymay

I loved the whole show...from Theresa giving Jen hell to of course the fabulous DiMera brothers!!

And Ejami were perfection, the push and pull between them is what makes me a fan!!

But seriously though...when Sydney said "I want my doll", I help expected stuff to fly off the walls of the DiMera pub and whack Sami in the head. That kid gives me the heebie jeebies!!!

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 2 2013, 05:38 PM
Does Sami have a single friend? Maybe that's why they used Caroline to talk to her. Nobody else really gives a crap about Sami. Marlena, I think is exhausted with trying to reason with her.
I don't think Sami has had a friend since she and Madison parted ways .I think Sami also had an off screen friend with no name.I think this too was during the Madison days where there was dialogue by Sami that some friend she had at the court or police station gave her some information.I'm surprised I have forgotten that dialogue because I was shocked when Sami said she had a friend since I had never seen any story other than Madision where she actually had a friend.I think they would have been better off having Sami looking in a mirror tallking aloud discussing the pros and cons of staying in the mansion rather than throwing Carolne under the bus.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

I enjoyed today's show!

I will so miss Chad :( He has really grown on me and I believe his acting has improved over the years. I loved his scenes with Ej today... very entertaining for me.

Theresa (or Teresa(sp)??)-- I kind of like her. I actually wish that she would sleep with both JJ and Dan the man to piss off Jennifer....lol ohhh maybe we could have a whose the daddy with Theresa? Is it JJ or Daniel??

No I am not kidding about the comment above!!

Sami's dress gets an A plus whereas Abigail's dress gets a "needs to be burned". Whatever that thing was with the sides cut out was hideous.

Sami and Ej--- TOp performance of the show for me. AS and JS really feed off each other and their exchange was explosive. I have to agree with Ej though. He gave everything for her and while most women would be on their hands and knees thanking a man who would sell his sole to the devil himself for them, Sami off course has a little fit. I am glad Caroline tried to talk some sense into her. And that scene at the end where Ej came into the pub.... WUB!!!!

Great episode... ready for tomorrow!

Romancer66

Rosebud
Oct 2 2013, 09:27 PM
Kinay
Oct 2 2013, 08:48 PM
lovefashion
Oct 2 2013, 08:00 PM
Does anyone think Abby looked jealous today.
I think Abby is not over Cameron and that she is bothered by his dating Gabi. I thought Cameron and Gabi looked stunning together, they sure are beautiful people.
I don't think she's jealous. I think she doesn't like that he dumped her and moved on so quickly. She seems to expect him to fight for her or something, even while she has moved on and is sleeping with Chad.
Which makes Abigail her mother's daughter through and through--and that's not a compliment.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I don't have a problem with Sami going to her grandmother for advice. We've seen a bond between the women and Sami actually seems to respect her opinion more often than not. What I have issue with is the content of the conversation. I would have respected the scene more if instead of droning on about respecting Ej for standing by his word and their love, Caroline had taken the hard stance of 'you made the choice to hitch your wagon to this man and in essence the Dimera world of which he has always had ties so live with it. If you're going to whine at every turn about the family connections, then take off the ring and walk away now.'

Sami and Ej's argument was just silly. It was superfluous filler that carried not a bit of weight.

I don't like Teresa's 80s throwback jean jacket, Abby's ugly dress, Chad's unattractive shirt/sweater combo and JJ's wife beater under the unbuttoned plaid shirt. Gabi looked gorgeous though and at least Jennifer is out of the ugly dress, but overall I'm not feeling confident wardrobe!

Kayla's slip was fine for me. I thought it worked fine to have it slip out in the exchange that took place. I'm sure Kayla is feeling the strain of both Teresa and JJ going off the rails.

Lucas with all the kids was a nice treat and at least they kept him consistent with his take on Sami's predicament. I wish they'd branch him out and show Lucas interacting with JJ more or just in a sweet scene sharing an ice cream cone with his daughter.

Teresa with Anne feels too high school shenanigans for my taste and a bit redundant since we already saw the Chloe/Anne duo essentially doing the same thing. Something fresh here please writers.

Christmas is coming. Could you please recast Sydney again? That scene was just weird.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Delete. Sorry, my laptop is giving me problems.
Edited by outrageous, Oct 2 2013, 10:37 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

outrageous
Oct 2 2013, 10:32 PM
lysie
Oct 2 2013, 09:32 PM
outrageous
tomsawyer
Oct 2 2013, 12:55 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Maybe not when they give their word to others, but it may have greater meaning when they give it to each other. Come to think of it, EJ and Stephano never really lie when they give their word "as Dimeras" to others eiter. For example, when Stephano gave his word that he didn't send Bernandi to kill Rafe, he really didn't. He sent him to cut his little appendage off.

That's the thing. Caroline didn't regret her choice. And IDK what constitutes being in the mob, but I don't think Victor was. And I can think of several times that Stefano went back on his word - particularly during the stuff with John and Marlena.
I could have sworn that Caroline said she regreted not marrying Victor about a couple of years ago. The whole reason why she didn't do it was because he was a gangster and she could never live with him. Maggie was worried about it too, but then she married him anyways.

Stephano does go back on his word, of course, but only he's allowed to do that lol.
She's talked about doubts, but she really didn't seem to even doubt herself until Shawn died and she got lonely.

And seriously...does gangster even describe Victor?

Kriss4

I was a little disappointed that the Kayla/JJ stuff started at the END of the episode. I'm not really SURPRISED, mind you, but I was all ready for the drama, and the drama was only beginning and then it was over until tomorrow.

I love Kayla, though. Mary Beth did a good job in all her scenes. With Jennifer, Anne, Theresa, and JJ...but then just when it was getting to the part I'd been wondering about, it ended.

I guess I'll be tuning in tomorrow.

I hope it's solid stuff.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Oct 2 2013, 10:10 PM
Teresa with Anne feels too high school shenanigans for my taste and a bit redundant since we already saw the Chloe/Anne duo essentially doing the same thing. Something fresh here please writers.

All the Jennifer hate from the characters just seems random to me.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 2 2013, 10:34 PM
outrageous
lysie
outrageous

I could have sworn that Caroline said she regreted not marrying Victor about a couple of years ago. The whole reason why she didn't do it was because he was a gangster and she could never live with him. Maggie was worried about it too, but then she married him anyways.

Stephano does go back on his word, of course, but only he's allowed to do that lol.
She's talked about doubts, but she really didn't seem to even doubt herself until Shawn died and she got lonely.

Well he's not Stephano, but his past is pretty shady. He retired from the mob when the pier disappeared and "shipments" no longer came in lol.

lysie
Member Avatar

outrageous
Oct 2 2013, 10:40 PM
lysie
outrageous
lysie

Well he's not Stephano, but his past is pretty shady. He retired from the mob when the pier disappeared and "shipments" no longer came in lol.
The mob? Dude was a criminal, but the mob? Victor did AWFUL things, and in some ways, IMO, was worse than Stefano. That's not my issue here, lol.

But semantics aside, I don't agree that Caroline regretted her decision or that her situation was really even similar enough to Sami's to bother mentioning. I don't have an issue with Sami and Caroline discussing it, but Caroline's stance on the whole thing is pretty stupid and is actually, IMO, the definition of pimping/propping which I really don't think is even necessary. It kind of defeats the purpose of the couple, IMO.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Rosebud
Oct 2 2013, 07:23 PM
magicsteacher
Oct 2 2013, 06:50 PM
LuvingLumi
Oct 2 2013, 02:40 PM
Well....that entire episode was super disappointing.

The good: Lucas, I've come to realize he's MY ONLY enjoyment left on this show...loved the joke about the guns....typical Lucas with the jabs...I liked that...apparently he took all the kids for a day out? That is nice to see....I loved the mention of Allie moving out if the stuff about Dimansion was true...GOOD! I still don't believe that Lucas would be fine with Ej around Allie, it shouldn't just be about Stefano for him...it should be about both of them and what they've done to him and his family over the years.....

I still wish they'd invested more into Abby and Chad...I love their chemistry...I liked the Chad/Ej scenes at Dimansion....

The bad: EJ's hair.....What the hell......still.....WTF was that Ej and Sami bullshit fight...SAMI YOU MOVED YOURSELF IN THAT HOUSE.....WTF are you so shocked about? Goodness, she's such a twit...and EJ....stop saying that you gave your word. Since when have you kept your word on ANYTHING? WHEN? Oh and Caroline...please shut the fuck up.....are you telling me that you think EJ is a man of his word? She's completely gone bananas. IMHO Using Caroline to talk to Sami was the wrong move, unless they want the conversation to be the focal point of Sami realizing later on that Caroline was in fact wrong....there was a reason she didn't end up leaving Shawn for Victor...mobster's words don't mean squat....

Please show don't let the word "WORD" end up being the next vendetta....

This show has become a joke.
OMG.. THIS.. all of it.

Finally, we get to see Lucas in some scenes where he belongs.

I cry bullshit, too, on that EJ and Sami fight. What was that, anyway?

And Sami and Caroline was just plain pathetic. Sami now takes advice from her granny with Alzheimers who always hated EJ and Stefano Dimera. Now, she is all ok with Sami being with EJ after all he and his family have done to her children and grandchildren. It was all ludicrous... the dialogue... all of it.
If they want to portray Caroline as an Alzheimer patient, why don't they have her have a few short term memory problems? Like offer people coffee, then a minute later offer it again? Let her family deal with that. Instead of having her completely lucid (despite that ridiculous convo with Sami).
Whoever the Awesome Writer who crafts JJ's dialogue could have so much fun with this, especially if she got stuck in the past and starting bringing home truths about everyone's history that the current writing regime would like to forget.

"What do you mean, Maggie's married to that thug who was a sperm donor for Bo?"
"Why is Jennifer macking on that orange dude? Isn't he the one who broke up her brother's marriage?"
"Wait, you're marrying your rapist? Must be something in the water in this town."
"That's not Roman. I'm not exactly sure what Roman looks like, honestly, but that's not him."

Ophelia
Member Avatar

lysie

I think the word you want is "curmudgeon." ;)

Victor seems more likely to yell at kids to get off his lawn than carry out any mob-style activities since he's been Maggietized.

Keith
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 2 2013, 10:46 PM
outrageous
Oct 2 2013, 10:40 PM
lysie
outrageous

The mob? Dude was a criminal, but the mob? Victor did AWFUL things, and in some ways, IMO, was worse than Stefano. That's not my issue here, lol.

But semantics aside, I don't agree that Caroline regretted her decision or that her situation was really even similar enough to Sami's to bother mentioning. I don't have an issue with Sami and Caroline discussing it, but Caroline's stance on the whole thing is pretty stupid and is actually, IMO, the definition of pimping/propping which I really don't think is even necessary. It kind of defeats the purpose of the couple, IMO.
Idk, there was a bit of that going on around Reilly's second run with Caroline and Victor being stuck together. I don't think Caroline every regretted it, either. She chose a solid husband and raised a solid family. She loved Shawn, or the affair reveal would never have been compelling. She has been shown hating Victor as much as loving him depending on the writers' flavor (Parker switch comes to mind, but that was a giant WTF).

And gangster/mobster can't really describe either Stefano or Victor. They are independent, small town criminals in charge of their own tiny sydicates that may or may not be loosely tied to other, larger organizations. The recent writing claiming them as legitimate mobsters is laughable and has been since 2008.
Edited by Keith, Oct 2 2013, 11:26 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 2 2013, 12:32 PM
Good lord. Sydney is a robot and Johnny is a dork.
Ahem...Sydney is a serial killer, not a robot.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 2 2013, 12:46 PM
It would be a nightmare living in that house that I'm already living in, right?
To be fair, she hasn't lived there in real world months, Salem world weeks.
Edited by mer4santo, Oct 2 2013, 11:44 PM.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

I just *hate* it when Jen smirks. It makes me rage. I never paid much attention to her storylines before -- has she always been this obnoxious?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply