Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, October 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 2 2013, 12:22 AM (10,039 Views)
S loves EJ

lysie
Oct 2 2013, 12:24 PM
Rosebud
Oct 2 2013, 12:23 PM
Sami: you chose the DiMeras. I choose my family.

Sweetie you are a DiMera. Maybe not in name at the moment but in every way you have chosen to be a DiMera.
Just the other day she couldn't wait to be a DiMera. Seriously. None of this makes any sense.

She couldnīt wait to be EJīs wife, she thought he was willing to give up the Dimera name.

Yoryla
Oct 2 2013, 01:57 PM
blueskies
Oct 2 2013, 12:17 PM
:lol: okay, I don't particularly like EJ, but damn, Sami just told HIM that his word means more to him than her & the kids??? wtf??? He did this so she would be with the kids!! I'd say living with one more narcissistic & psychotic relative is a breeze compared to life in prison.
THANK YOU! :applause:

This is exactly what I was saying in yesterday's daily thread!

I think it make sense that Samiīs first reaction is to be upset because of her fear that EJ will be pulled back to the dark side. Chad even explained Sami as a person that storms out of a supermarket, but if she would continue to be upset about it I would I agree it wouldnīt make sense, because living in the mansion must be a better option than jail.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I'm gonna say the dialogue was actually pretty crisp in this episode. The banter between EJ and Chad and the wise-crack remarks by Lucas and Sami were good.

I'm so going to miss the Chad/EJ/Kristen sibling relationships. It's so great that they are now finally ALL living in the same house, and then it has to be now, when Chad and soon Kristen will both be leaving. I really hope there will be LOTS of scenes with them all together at the mansion, and at least one scene where Stefano, Kristen, EJ, Chad and Sami are all present. (Probably will happen at the engagement party, yay!!!) What will EJ do without any siblings present? I find it hard to believe there would actually be just two DiMeras, Stefano and EJ, around. Of course Sami would be the third if they manage to marry.

Also loved how the minute Chad had moved in, he already took the trademark glass of bourbon/whisky that every DiMera does while contemplating! :D Aaah, if only this could last!!!

Yoryla
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Oct 2 2013, 11:41 PM
lysie
Oct 2 2013, 12:32 PM
Good lord. Sydney is a robot and Johnny is a dork.
Ahem...Sydney is a serial killer, not a robot.
I'm sure Marlena could offer up some words of counseling on that future bit of problem.
Edited by Yoryla, Oct 3 2013, 06:00 AM.

S loves EJ

tomsawyer
Oct 2 2013, 12:55 PM
six
Oct 2 2013, 12:13 PM
I don't understand why EJ doesn't tell Sami they have to live at the mansion because Stefano has the goods on Will, because surely he doesn't think anyone suddenly believes his word is his bond.
I wish they would've gone with that angle too. I don't like this "I give my word as a DiMera" thing they are doing with Stefano and now EJ. It's never been a thing before.

I like the word angel. Given your word usually means something in mob families, but I would like them to bring up the evidence against Will too but I think thatīs coming. Anyway one thing that is different from before is that EJ hasnīt kissed the ring in the past when given his word.

LuvingLumi
Oct 2 2013, 02:40 PM
Well....that entire episode was super disappointing.

The good: Lucas, I've come to realize he's MY ONLY enjoyment left on this show...loved the joke about the guns....typical Lucas with the jabs...I liked that...apparently he took all the kids for a day out? That is nice to see....I loved the mention of Allie moving out if the stuff about Dimansion was true...GOOD! I still don't believe that Lucas would be fine with Ej around Allie, it shouldn't just be about Stefano for him...it should be about both of them and what they've done to him and his family over the years.....

I still wish they'd invested more into Abby and Chad...I love their chemistry...I liked the Chad/Ej scenes at Dimansion....
The bad: EJ's hair.....What the hell......still.....WTF was that Ej and Sami bullshit fight...SAMI YOU MOVED YOURSELF IN THAT HOUSE.....WTF are you so shocked about? Goodness, she's such a twit...and EJ....stop saying that you gave your word. Since when have you kept your word on ANYTHING? WHEN? Oh and Caroline...please shut the fuck up.....are you telling me that you think EJ is a man of his word? She's completely gone bananas. IMHO Using Caroline to talk to Sami was the wrong move, unless they want the conversation to be the focal point of Sami realizing later on that Caroline was in fact wrong....there was a reason she didn't end up leaving Shawn for Victor...mobster's words don't mean squat....

Please show don't let the word "WORD" end up being the next vendetta....

This show has become a joke.

Lets see if I got this straight you liked a EJ scene? :huh1:

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Phil Sogard
Scriptwriter: Melissa Salmons

Segment 1: It's Oktoberfest at the club. Gabi is talking to Sonny. She's happy to be having a night out. Sonny thinks she and her date will have a blast. Cameron has arrived.

Abby is reading her dad's book and crying. Chad knocks. She opens the door and goes into his arms.

JJ and Bev are in the park. JJ insists that Daniel doesn't have the guts to tell his mom that he crashed at his place. Bev points out that it doesn't take guts to tell the truth and since JJ totally punked Dan in front of Jen she's not so sure Dan won't tell.

Dan is at his apt making a call to get his locks changed.

Kayla sees Jen near the nurse's station and asks if she's heard from JJ. No but she heard he's holding court at the park. She guesses that's his new home. Anne and Theresa walk up laughing. Kayla reminds Theresa she has a plane to catch. Theresa isn't going anywhere.

Lucas and the 3 kids are at the pub. Caroline is there to. The kids are excited about going to Chicago with Mommy and Daddy.

EJ tells Sami they can't move out of the mansion. Sami finally realises this was part of the deal. Don't say this was for me. EJ tells her that this was the price for her not going to prison for the rest of her life. Sami says he can't expect her to live under the same roof as the man who was willing to send her to prison knowing she was innocent. She thinks that EJ can't possibly live here either. EJ states clearly that he can and he will because he gave Stefano his word.

JJ thinks if Dan was going to tell he'd have done so already. Bev asks where he's planning on spending the night.

Theresa informs Kayla and Jen that Anne got her a new job at the hospital. Kayla didn't approve a new job for Theresa. Anne knows how committed she is to helping Theresa turn things around. The court order clearly states she must be employed at University Hospital so I found a spot for her. Theresa says this job will be a better fit for her. Kayla asks where she'll be working. Hospital security. Jen starts laughing. Anne - We got an order to re-issue everyone's ID credentials and she thinks Theresa is perfect the job. Theresa tells Kayla she won't blow it this time. She just needed to be working with the right person.

Segment 2: Sonny's matchmaking is so blatant it's adorable. Cam and Gabi are actually cute together. They talk about the Chicken Dance. Cam says it doesn't matter that he can dance. Nothing prepares you for that dance - it's pretty scary.

Abby talks about how it felt to read the book. Abby thanks him again. Chad tells Abby he's moving into the mansion today. EJ sent someone over to pack. He thinks she hates that he's moving there. Abby - It's your family. Sometimes that's all that matters.

Kayla says that Theresa has to meet the same standards as any other employee here. She tells Theresa this is her last chance; no more excuses. Theresa gets it. She won't let her down. Kayla tells her to stay away from Jen; she has a lot on her plate. Kayla leaves. Theresa and Anne mention Jen and then Theresa says she's going to get started on that 'special' project.

Theresa lets herself into Jen's office. Jen tells her to leave. Theresa sneers. We have unfinished business.

EJ says it's easier to keep her safe if they're living here where he can keep an eye on things. Sami argues. He repeats that he gave his word. It means that I gave my word as a DiMera ... end of! Sami scoffs. He was willing to give up his last name and run away with the kids. EJ snaps - I would have done just about anything to set you free. I grovelled for you. Sami is sorry. EJ - Sorry does not touch it my dear. I got down on my hands and knees for you and I begged him to take it all back and I offered him anything in return for you ... I kissed that guy's ring ... for you! Sami - Are you serious! You're like the Borgia's now. I'm not putting up with this mobster ... I'm going to talk to Stefano right now. EJ - You will do no such thing! Sami - Are you giving me an order? Stefano's not back 24 hrs and you're ... EJ - Take a breath before you lash out. Sami can't. There is no air in this place. What will this do to you. What will this do to our children. EJ - Do not make me sell this to you because I have done enough begging to last a life time. Sami knows. But you're asking me to trade one life sentence for another and I can't and I certainly can't for some stupid, Gothic oath ceremony. EJ - Do you really think that little of me. He yells, she yells. She can't think. All she can hear is that his word means more to him than she and the children do. EJ - Are you just deliberately refusing to listen to me. Sami's heard every word but the only reason they're staying here is because of him. So you're going to trade it all, me, the kids, our life, our family, for that ... or I'll be out of here.

Segment 3: EJ yells that he gave his word. Sami - You are choosing the DiMera's, I choose my family, our family. Come with me. EJ can't. Sami - You can't live in this house without me. EJ doesn't want to. Sami can see he's not going to budge. EJ - Because I gave my word. Sami - Don't say that to me again. I'll send someone for my things.

Abby and Chad talk about family. Wherever Chad is that's where Abby will be.

Dan is playing with Parker and Parker keeps asking for Jennifer.

Theresa tries to scare Jen. Jen doesn't take the bait. She tells Theresa to stay away from her and her son. Goodbye.

JJ asks to crash at Bev's house. Bev can't. Kayla walks up. Bev leaves. JJ tells his Aunt Kayla it's good to see her. I've been worried about Mom. Kayla - She's worried about you too. JJ - We made a mess of things. Kayla - We? JJ - Mostly me. I really want to fix it. Maybe you can help.

Segment 4: Anne hands Theresa a clipboard and tells her what to do with the form. Theresa thought it was supposed to be complicated. Anne - Window dressing. You have only one job to do and that's to make Jennifer miserable on a daily basis. All Theresa needed was a clear goal. When I get under her skin she'll start messing up. She's so overprotective of her kids. Anne agrees, the kids and Dr Dan. Get to work.

Dan talks to Parker about Jennifer's son and how her little boy needs her a lot. Just because we don't see her it doesn't mean we can't love her or miss her.

Jen looks at a drawing from Parker. Cue f/b.

JJ - This thing between me and Mom; I just think we need more time. Just a couple of more days and then she can probably hear me. Kayla - I hope you'll try. JJ - I hope I can stick around to try. I can't live in the park; they arrest for that. Kayla - Where are you going to go? JJ - I don't know. Maybe I can hang with you and Joey for a few nights. Kayla - Stop. We love you which is why we're not going to get in the middle of this. You've got to work this out with your mother. JJ - Yeah everyone who loves me is okay with me sleeping on the street until then. You guys don't give a damn about me. Daniel and Mom have turned you all against me.

Abby comes into the club and talks to Sonny asking how things are. They're good. We're happy and it looks like Gabi may end up happy too. Abby turns and sees Cam and Gabi together.

EJ hears the door and thinks it's Sami. It's Chad. He asks what's going on. EJ tells him Samantha left for good. She refuses to live in this house with Stefano. Chad - I'm sorry but can you blame her.

Sami arrives at the pub. Sydney wants her doll. Sami forgot it. Johnny asks if she forgot Daddy too. Caroline takes the kids to make ice cream. Lucas asks Sami's what's up. Sami - EJ's lost his mind and I'm afraid that I've lost him.

Segment 5: Sonny - Sorry, I thought since you had moved on with Chad ... Abby tells him he doesn't have to apologise. She has moved on and Cameron should to. She keeps watching them.

Kayla - Daniel? He's got nothing to do with this. JJ - Like hell. Kayla - Your mother is the one who's taken the hard line here because she wants to get through to you. JJ - Or get me out of the way. Kayla - That is not it. JJ - You're friends with them so you don't get it either. You think he's a great guy, right. Kayla - Yes I do. JJ - You're all so blind. The guy's scum. How come you can't see it?

Theresa tells Dan she has some forms for him to fill out.

EJ can blame Sami for not staying because she is the reason ... he stops. Chad - The reason what? EJ tells him it doesn't matter. Go and unpack. Chad figures out that EJ made a deal with Stefano who was sitting on the evidence. EJ - What was I supposed to do, let her go to prison. Chad - Of course not 'cause he had you. EJ - Thank you, it's not that hard to understand, is it? Chad - Stefano had you boxed in so he dictated the terms. I'm surprised all he wanted was for you all to live here. EJ - That was just the first order of the day though I suspect it was the one that mattered to him the most. You know how he likes his torture. He made sure he took care of business. Chad - So you did pay for it. EJ - In blood and treasure. Chad - How much? EJ - Everything.

Sami is telling Lucas and Caroline that EJ is saying they all have to live there together. Lucas - He can't do that. Sami knows. It would be a nightmare, completely toxic. Lucas - He's been living off those poisonous fumes long enough. Caroline is lost. Lucas - EJ wants Sami to live in the DiMera crypt. Caroline - That's where you've been living, isn't it? Lucas - This time with the crypt-keeper himself. Sami - Stefano is back. Lucas - Which might be a good thing after all because it means Allie doesn't have to live there anymore. Sami - I'm really happy this is working out for you. Lucas - I'm sorry that you're hurt but if you and EJ are going to break up maybe it's better now ... Caroline - You're breaking up? Sami - No. He's going to realise that I'm right. He's going to come to his senses. Lucas - Sounds just like him, doesn't it? Caroline - You're in love with him, aren't you? Sami - Of course. I thought he felt the same way about me. Caroline - He does. Sami - If he really loves me he would never ask me to do this.

Chad - So Stefano leans on you to stay here and you lean on me to get me to move in. EJ - The circle of life. EJ pours them each a drink. Welcome home.

Segment 6: Lucas tells Sami not to let EJ bully her. If you know something's not right for you and the kids you shouldn't do it. You're doing the right thing. Stick to your guns. Wait a sec ... not guns. Don't touch another gun as long as you live. Hang in there. Lucas goes to check on the kids. Sami tells Caroline the fact that Lucas is agreeing with her sort of makes her think she's wrong. Jump in. Caroline asks why EJ is insisting on it. Sami tells her EJ had to promise Stefano a lot of things to give up the evidence that would free her. Caroline - Such as. Sami - The entire company, the deed to the house ... Caroline - Everything EJ has. Sami - And then he had to promise to live in that house with him; that he'd bring the entire family to live under that roof with him. Caroline - And EJ is sticking to that. Sami - He keeps insisting he gave his word as a DiMera. Caroline understands that. The man gave his word. It has to mean something.

Chad - Doesn't Sami get what you did for her? EJ - She says she does. Chad - She still leaves you here with your decanter in hand. That's cold. EJ - No she wants me to leave with her and double-cross Stefano. Chad - It wouldn't be the first time. EJ - I gave him my word as a DiMera. She does not have sympathy for promises made to our father. Chad - It's not about that. It's about you. It's about your word. EJ - Thank you. You've been a DiMera 5 mins. and you understand that. Chad - Why were you so okay of me lying to Cameron? EJ - Cameron had something you wanted and you took it. Did you give him your word. Chad - Hell no. EJ - Exactly. All's fair in love and war. EJ's going to pour another drink but Chad won't let him. You love Sami, it's not over yet. You can't take her storming out of here seriously. EJ - This wasn't a little tantrum; she meant it. Chad - You have your work cut out for you. EJ - I don't beg. Chad - She'll get it. EJ - Maybe in time. Chad - Now, before she digs in her heels. Do it. EJ - Thanks. Chad - I don't want to live in this joint without those kids around. EJ - Neither do I. He hugs Chad. Thank you.

Jen sees Dan and goes in another direction. Theresa sees her and goes up to Daniel and gushes over his pictures of Parker as Jen watches.

Kayla - Daniel and your mother were happy. JJ - There is no way! The guy isn't half the man my Dad was. Maybe she was lonely but this is just desperate and pathetic. It's like she's forgotten all about him. Kayla - Your mom hasn't forgotten about your dad. JJ - Then how can she look twice at this two-faced S.O.B. Kayla snaps - Hey! JJ - Don't try and defend him okay. He's a scummy, self-serving ... Kayla - Stop it! That is not true. JJ - He's not in the same league as my Dad. Maybe it's hard ... Kayla - Listen JJ your dad was no saint. I know that better than anybody.

Segment 7: Sami is affronted that Caroline thinks she is wrong. Caroline points out that EJ sacrificed everything for her. Sami knows that. Caroline - This is the man who promised to love you and stay with you for better and worse. Don't you want to know that he can keep a promise and hang in there the worst it can get. Sami - Yeah, for me, not Stefano. Caroline - We all know what Stefano is but this is about what EJ could be. Sami's worried that being in that house will destroy EJ; that he'll be sucked back into that life. She's scared it will change him and he's hell bent on staying there. Caroline - Then you have a choice to make. She gets up from the table and goes to the kitchen. EJ comes into the pub.

Gabi has to go. Abby says hi to Cameron and then asks why he lied to her.

Dan gets paged. Theresa goes to Jen and says Dan is nice, hot too. Isn't it funny how we like the same men. Lucky for me you just throw them away. What's up with that?

JJ - Okay, Dad wasn't a saint but ... Kayla - Just forget that okay, please. JJ - No I'm not going to forget it. How can I. Aunt Kayla, what do you mean by you should know better than anyone. What do you know about my Dad?

lysie
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Oct 3 2013, 04:31 AM
lysie
Rosebud

Sweetie you are a DiMera. Maybe not in name at the moment but in every way you have chosen to be a DiMera.
Just the other day she couldn't wait to be a DiMera. Seriously. None of this makes any sense.

She couldnīt wait to be EJīs wife, she thought he was willing to give up the Dimera name.

She said she couldn't wait to be a DiMera. That's the exact opposite of giving up the name.

Sigh. And with that, I think I'm done discussing this show.

six
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
lysie
Rosebud

No she didn't. EJ told her upfront that he wasn't willing to turn his back on his family, so she knew that going in, and when EJ talked about what it meant to be a Dimera, she said she couldn't wait to be one.

ETA: I really should use the preview button.
Edited by six, Oct 3 2013, 08:33 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

outrageous
Oct 2 2013, 09:29 PM
I loved the conversation between Caroline and Sami. I thought if anyone would understand Sami's situation right now it would be her. At least she has some knowledge about the mob and can relate. She understood the extent of EJ's sacrifice for Sami. I liked how she ended the conversation with "you've got a choice to make". Caroline regreted her choice in the end.
Uhm...the last sentence, that is flat out not true. Caroline NEVER regretted her choice, EVER and she said it many times....that is why this makes absolutely no sense. Not only does Caroline know that Ej and Stefano don't keep their word, but she knows that Victor didn't either....and that is why she didn't end up with Victor....oh and she loved Shawn.....that little bit too.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Oct 3 2013, 06:17 AM
tomsawyer
Oct 2 2013, 12:55 PM
six
Oct 2 2013, 12:13 PM
I don't understand why EJ doesn't tell Sami they have to live at the mansion because Stefano has the goods on Will, because surely he doesn't think anyone suddenly believes his word is his bond.
I wish they would've gone with that angle too. I don't like this "I give my word as a DiMera" thing they are doing with Stefano and now EJ. It's never been a thing before.

I like the word angel. Given your word usually means something in mob families, but I would like them to bring up the evidence against Will too but I think thatīs coming. Anyway one thing that is different from before is that EJ hasnīt kissed the ring in the past when given his word.

LuvingLumi
Oct 2 2013, 02:40 PM
Well....that entire episode was super disappointing.

The good: Lucas, I've come to realize he's MY ONLY enjoyment left on this show...loved the joke about the guns....typical Lucas with the jabs...I liked that...apparently he took all the kids for a day out? That is nice to see....I loved the mention of Allie moving out if the stuff about Dimansion was true...GOOD! I still don't believe that Lucas would be fine with Ej around Allie, it shouldn't just be about Stefano for him...it should be about both of them and what they've done to him and his family over the years.....

I still wish they'd invested more into Abby and Chad...I love their chemistry...I liked the Chad/Ej scenes at Dimansion....
The bad: EJ's hair.....What the hell......still.....WTF was that Ej and Sami bullshit fight...SAMI YOU MOVED YOURSELF IN THAT HOUSE.....WTF are you so shocked about? Goodness, she's such a twit...and EJ....stop saying that you gave your word. Since when have you kept your word on ANYTHING? WHEN? Oh and Caroline...please shut the fuck up.....are you telling me that you think EJ is a man of his word? She's completely gone bananas. IMHO Using Caroline to talk to Sami was the wrong move, unless they want the conversation to be the focal point of Sami realizing later on that Caroline was in fact wrong....there was a reason she didn't end up leaving Shawn for Victor...mobster's words don't mean squat....

Please show don't let the word "WORD" end up being the next vendetta....

This show has become a joke.

Lets see if I got this straight you liked a EJ scene? :huh1:
I've liked Ej's scenes in the past...they are few though, but it's not the first time...I've said multiple times that I think JS did his BEST work when Ej shot John and when he came back from Mexico back in 06/07...so yeah, I've liked Ej's scenes here and there....

S loves EJ

six
Oct 3 2013, 08:29 AM
S loves EJ
lysie
Rosebud

No she didn't. EJ told her upfront that he wasn't willing to turn his back on his family, so she knew that going in, and when EJ talked about what it meant to be a Dimera, she said she couldn't wait to be one.

ETA: I really should use the preview button.

When did she say that I canīt seem to remember Sami saying that.

six
Member Avatar

In early September around the time EJ and Will brought the kids to the police station to see Sami before her trial.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I'm pretty sure they had that discussion right around the time they first came together back in the winter, too. I remember EJ telling her that if she wanted him she had to accept that being a DiMera was part of who he is and he won't turn his back on his family. I think it might have been in regard to Kristen at that time, though.

Or maybe that was the discussion they had right after everyone found out that Kristen and Brady were bumping uglies?

S loves EJ

six
Oct 3 2013, 08:59 AM
In early September around the time EJ and Will brought the kids to the police station to see Sami before her trial.

I do remember this scene, but I guess there must be some other scene you are refering too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G97hRQ-v45o

Anyway the impression I got from this scene aswell as from others was that Sami wanted to become mrs EJ Dimera because of the money and power, but she didnīt thought it would include Stefano, nor that it would include attempted murders, kidnappings etc because EJ had changed.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

michelle
Oct 2 2013, 08:14 PM
I liked Sami's talk with Caroline. She's been asking her for advice now for awhile, so that didn't surprise or annoy me at all. I used to have that kind of relationship with my grandmother, so I totally buy it.

What I don't buy is Sami's ridiculous behavior toward EJ. It almost makes me wish he would have left her ass in jail. Almost...

I'd really just like her to say thank you. Yeah, sharing DiMansion with Stef will suck a bit, and they won't have their fab portrait to stare at anymore, but better this than sharing a jail cell with a 500 lb inmate named Big Bertha who wants to call you sweetheart.
I also thought it made perfect sense that Sami would talk with Caroline about the issue with EJ/Stefano. More often than not Sami seems to go to Caroline for advice like this...I can think of a number of times when she's done so in the past several years. Not so much with any of her other family members, though. Maybe a conversation or two with Hope, but that's about it.

What I found a little out of place was having the discussion with Lucas and later Lucas and Caroline together. But I enjoyed the scenes.

As far as the EJami argument itself - I thoroughly enjoyed it and I thought it was some of the best work I've seen AS do in quite a long time. I really thought she made great choices - very little scrunchy face, she allowed us to see that Sami was both confused and hurt but more than anything concerned about the impact this would have on EJ and their family. She was pissy at times but for the most part I think she just couldn't understand his point of view - and I thought he did a pretty poor job of conveying it to her. She was absolutely right - EJ has lied to Stefano many times in the past so why would now be any different? She didn't have the advantage of seeing the emotional scene between Stefano and EJ and realizing just how hard it had been for EJ and how humiliating and emasculating it had been - even when he was angrily telling her that he'd groveled and begged. Part of me feels like a lot of the anger EJ directed at her in the fight is residual from how angry he's been since that confrontation with Stefano but has had no where he could direct it. I feel like now that they've both had the opportunity to cool down and process things a bit (with help from Caroline and Chad) they'll be better able to discuss their situation with one another's POV in mind. Kudos to the writing for setting that up so well.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar

I remember that Dimera discussion happening when he told her to walk out if she didn't accept that was part of who he was...I do think that was before September, though.....I would say it was around late spring....they got into a huge fight where he called her a child or something and told her to shut up and then told her to leave if she couldn't accept that he was a Dimera and would always be. That was of course before he stole Stefano's company....but still

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 3 2013, 09:20 AM
I'm pretty sure they had that discussion right around the time they first came together back in the winter, too. I remember EJ telling her that if she wanted him she had to accept that being a DiMera was part of who he is and he won't turn his back on his family. I think it might have been in regard to Kristen at that time, though.

Or maybe that was the discussion they had right after everyone found out that Kristen and Brady were bumping uglies?
Yeah, they did, after Sami got annoyed when she saw EJ and Kristen talking at the Christmas toy drive.

SlovesEJ - the only thing that has changed so far is that Stefano is in their lives. I understand why that alarms Sami, but it's not like EJ told her he's planning a kidnapping or murder. He's still showing the same personality he had when she accepted his proposal. The scene I mentioned would be around the first week of September.

ETA - LL, You're talking about the May 20th scenes. That fight didn't have anything to do with him being a Dimera. He told her to leave if she couldn't trust that he didn't attack Rafe. And he was in the process of stealing Stefano's company at the time. Gabi had overheard EJ having a cryptic convo on the phone with Justin and she, Hope and Sami jumped to the conclusion that EJ had been putting a hit on Rafe.

I watched a lot of the newer important ejami stuff pretty recently, so I don't just randomly happen to remember exactly when this all happened. :$
Edited by six, Oct 3 2013, 09:58 AM.

S loves EJ

LuvingLumi
Oct 3 2013, 09:45 AM
I remember that Dimera discussion happening when he told her to walk out if she didn't accept that was part of who he was...I do think that was before September, though.....I would say it was around late spring....they got into a huge fight where he called her a child or something and told her to shut up and then told her to leave if she couldn't accept that he was a Dimera and would always be. That was of course before he stole Stefano's company....but still

There been two times Ejami have fought and then have make up sex. The first one in may was as mentioned about if EJ had put out a hit on Rafe. The second time was about EJ stealing Stefanoīs companies and that is when EJ called Sami a child. EJ did ask her in the second fight if she loved the part of him that was powerful and strong, but he didnīt say in either fight that he would always be a Dimera and that she would have to accept that.

S loves EJ

six
Oct 3 2013, 09:47 AM
SocRMum1

Yeah, they did, after Sami got annoyed when she saw EJ and Kristen talking at the Christmas toy drive.

SlovesEJ - the only thing that has changed so far is that Stefano is in their lives. I understand why that alarms Sami, but it's not like EJ told her he's planning a kidnapping or murder. He's still showing the same personality he had when she accepted his proposal. The scene I mentioned would be around the first week of September.

ETA - LL, You're talking about the May 20th scenes. That fight didn't have anything to do with him being a Dimera. He told her to leave if she couldn't trust that he didn't attack Rafe. And he was in the process of stealing Stefano's company at the time. Gabi had overheard EJ having a cryptic convo on the phone with Justin and she, Hope and Sami jumped to the conclusion that EJ had been putting a hit on Rafe.

I watched a lot of the newer important ejami stuff pretty recently, so I don't just randomly happen to remember exactly when this all happened. :$

I know EJ hasnīt been planning any kidnapping or murders and that is why Sami will stay with him, but if he would start doing that she would leave because imo Sami hasnīt expressed wanting to be a part of that.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Oct 2 2013, 09:55 PM
Rosebud
Oct 2 2013, 05:38 PM
Does Sami have a single friend? Maybe that's why they used Caroline to talk to her. Nobody else really gives a crap about Sami. Marlena, I think is exhausted with trying to reason with her.
I don't think Sami has had a friend since she and Madison parted ways .I think Sami also had an off screen friend with no name.I think this too was during the Madison days where there was dialogue by Sami that some friend she had at the court or police station gave her some information.I'm surprised I have forgotten that dialogue because I was shocked when Sami said she had a friend since I had never seen any story other than Madision where she actually had a friend.I think they would have been better off having Sami looking in a mirror tallking aloud discussing the pros and cons of staying in the mansion rather than throwing Carolne under the bus.
well, of course back when she was somewhat likable and root-able, there was her friend Jamie.

six
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Oct 3 2013, 10:47 AM
six
Oct 3 2013, 09:47 AM
SocRMum1

I know EJ hasnīt been planning any kidnapping or murders and that is why Sami will stay with him, but if he would start doing that she would leave because imo Sami hasnīt expressed wanting to be a part of that.
I don't think so either, but I don't think it's correct to say she expected him to reject being a Dimera, because her words say otherwise.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply