Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, October 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 2 2013, 12:22 AM (10,143 Views)
Rosebud
Member Avatar

somuchwhatever
Oct 2 2013, 10:48 PM
Whoever the Awesome Writer who crafts JJ's dialogue could have so much fun with this, especially if she got stuck in the past and starting bringing home truths about everyone's history that the current writing regime would like to forget.

"What do you mean, Maggie's married to that thug who was a sperm donor for Bo?"
"Why is Jennifer macking on that orange dude? Isn't he the one who broke up her brother's marriage?"
"Wait, you're marrying your rapist? Must be something in the water in this town."
"That's not Roman. I'm not exactly sure what Roman looks like, honestly, but that's not him."
Ohhh, I love this!!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

six
Oct 3 2013, 12:00 PM
S loves EJ
Oct 3 2013, 10:47 AM
six
Oct 3 2013, 09:47 AM
SocRMum1
Oct 3 2013, 09:20 AM
I'm pretty sure they had that discussion right around the time they first came together back in the winter, too. I remember EJ telling her that if she wanted him she had to accept that being a DiMera was part of who he is and he won't turn his back on his family. I think it might have been in regard to Kristen at that time, though.

Or maybe that was the discussion they had right after everyone found out that Kristen and Brady were bumping uglies?
Yeah, they did, after Sami got annoyed when she saw EJ and Kristen talking at the Christmas toy drive.

SlovesEJ - the only thing that has changed so far is that Stefano is in their lives. I understand why that alarms Sami, but it's not like EJ told her he's planning a kidnapping or murder. He's still showing the same personality he had when she accepted his proposal. The scene I mentioned would be around the first week of September.

ETA - LL, You're talking about the May 20th scenes. That fight didn't have anything to do with him being a Dimera. He told her to leave if she couldn't trust that he didn't attack Rafe. And he was in the process of stealing Stefano's company at the time. Gabi had overheard EJ having a cryptic convo on the phone with Justin and she, Hope and Sami jumped to the conclusion that EJ had been putting a hit on Rafe.

I watched a lot of the newer important ejami stuff pretty recently, so I don't just randomly happen to remember exactly when this all happened. :$

I know EJ hasnīt been planning any kidnapping or murders and that is why Sami will stay with him, but if he would start doing that she would leave because imo Sami hasnīt expressed wanting to be a part of that.
I don't think so either, but I don't think it's correct to say she expected him to reject being a Dimera, because her words say otherwise.

When I said Sami thought EJ was willing to give up his last name I was thinking back to what she said in yesterdayīs fight. I just went back and rewatched it and she said - you were willing to give up your last name we was gonna runaway together, so I guess she meant if they had gone through with the plans to runaway. Anyway I donīt think sami has expected him to give up his last name or to be a saint, but I think she has expected him to change as much as to stay away from more serious crime.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Oct 3 2013, 09:31 AM
six
Oct 3 2013, 08:59 AM
In early September around the time EJ and Will brought the kids to the police station to see Sami before her trial.

I do remember this scene, but I guess there must be some other scene you are refering too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G97hRQ-v45o

Anyway the impression I got from this scene aswell as from others was that Sami wanted to become mrs EJ Dimera because of the money and power, but she didnīt thought it would include Stefano, nor that it would include attempted murders, kidnappings etc because EJ had changed.
Then that just solidifies Sami's complete idiocy.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 3 2013, 11:34 AM
BeeBee
Oct 2 2013, 09:55 PM
Rosebud
Oct 2 2013, 05:38 PM
Does Sami have a single friend? Maybe that's why they used Caroline to talk to her. Nobody else really gives a crap about Sami. Marlena, I think is exhausted with trying to reason with her.
I don't think Sami has had a friend since she and Madison parted ways .I think Sami also had an off screen friend with no name.I think this too was during the Madison days where there was dialogue by Sami that some friend she had at the court or police station gave her some information.I'm surprised I have forgotten that dialogue because I was shocked when Sami said she had a friend since I had never seen any story other than Madision where she actually had a friend.I think they would have been better off having Sami looking in a mirror tallking aloud discussing the pros and cons of staying in the mansion rather than throwing Carolne under the bus.
well, of course back when she was somewhat likable and root-able, there was her friend Jamie.
Thanks I had totally forgotten the name.

spartan
Member Avatar

Can we discuss those killer shoes AS was wearing? Loved the color and that was a serious heel. Girl was workin it. She looked fab in that dress with her hair and makeup as well.

outrageous
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 3 2013, 08:45 AM
outrageous
Oct 2 2013, 09:29 PM
I loved the conversation between Caroline and Sami. I thought if anyone would understand Sami's situation right now it would be her. At least she has some knowledge about the mob and can relate. She understood the extent of EJ's sacrifice for Sami. I liked how she ended the conversation with "you've got a choice to make". Caroline regreted her choice in the end.
Uhm...the last sentence, that is flat out not true. Caroline NEVER regretted her choice, EVER and she said it many times....that is why this makes absolutely no sense. Not only does Caroline know that Ej and Stefano don't keep their word, but she knows that Victor didn't either....and that is why she didn't end up with Victor....oh and she loved Shawn.....that little bit too.
Well she always had something for Victor. Nobody is saying she didn't love Shawn, but she's never really been over Victor - even when she was married to Shawn. She lost it when Victor married Vivian, and she didn't like it when he married Maggie either. She may never have regretted "doing the rigth thing and choosing the right guy", but MY impression is that Victor is the "one who got away". It's just my take on Caroline's love life.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Keith
Oct 2 2013, 11:21 PM
And gangster/mobster can't really describe either Stefano or Victor. They are independent, small town criminals in charge of their own tiny sydicates that may or may not be loosely tied to other, larger organizations. The recent writing claiming them as legitimate mobsters is laughable and has been since 2008.
I don't think small town criminals is a good description of them, especially not Stefano. No matter who the headwriter is, Stefano has always been portrayed as an international criminal. As for Victor, he was definitely a mobster when he first arrived in Salem. If I remember correctly his brother, Justin's father, was killed in a car bomb during some mob war in Greece. Then he became more of a business tycoon.

I agree with you about the current portrayal of the DiMeras that they started around 2008, I don't like it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply