Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 4 2013, 12:22 AM (11,847 Views)
leela46
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Oct 6 2013, 03:34 AM
BeeBee
Oct 6 2013, 02:51 AM
S loves EJ
Oct 5 2013, 09:56 AM
I think itīs coming that Stefano will want EJ to do things for him, and then we will see how big sacrifice EJ has made.
After all the slimy sh-t EJ has done I look forward seeing what he does for Stefano that is such a big sacrifice.

I donīt think EJ will do anything that is worse than he already done, but he has made it clear that he has wanted to move away from the dark side so to him itīs a sacrifice having to go back there.
Other than flying an airplane into a skyscraper, I don't think there IS anything worse than what EJ has already done.

Of course EJ is going back to the dark side. That's the whole purpose of putting him back in Stefano's orbit. And didn't Corday compare Ejami to Michael and Kay Corleone. Michael only got worse, not better.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

waterlilly
Oct 6 2013, 01:26 PM
Thank you so much for the clips, it has helped this newby a lot! Wow big diff between then and now, they were great then!
If you want to see the whole Steve/Kayla/Jack story from the very start, go here. Jack comes in (played by Joseph Adams, who had a striking resemblance to Stephen Nichols) on clip 97 in this playlist.

If you want to see where it starts getting seriously angsty on the Steve/Kayla front, start on this one. Around clip 21, Steve finds out that Jack is Billy and starts pushing Kayla at Jack. This is Jack #2, and we're stuck with him until he and Kayla finally go on a honeymoon.

By the time Matthew Ashford comes in, things start picking up because someone is poisoning Kayla, which leads to an inevitable Steve/Kayla reunion, which leads to Jack finding out, and... And I recommend you pack a lunch if you head in because you're not going to be able to stop watching after that. This whole story is soap opera at its finest.
Edited by somuchwhatever, Oct 6 2013, 02:18 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

leela46
Oct 6 2013, 01:52 PM
S loves EJ
BeeBee
S loves EJ
I think itīs coming that Stefano will want EJ to do things for him, and then we will see how big sacrifice EJ has made.
After all the slimy sh-t EJ has done I look forward seeing what he does for Stefano that is such a big sacrifice.

I donīt think EJ will do anything that is worse than he already done, but he has made it clear that he has wanted to move away from the dark side so to him itīs a sacrifice having to go back there.
Other than flying an airplane into a skyscraper, I don't think there IS anything worse than what EJ has already done.

Of course EJ is going back to the dark side. That's the whole purpose of putting him back in Stefano's orbit. And didn't Corday compare Ejami to Michael and Kay Corleone. Michael only got worse, not better.

Corday did compare Ejami to the godfather, but it might just be a reference to it because both "Corleone and the Dimeras are mobsters" it doesnīt mean that the writers will write Ejami according to Michael and Kay Corleone was written in the films. I do think it can be assumed that EJ will get darker than he has been for about the past two years when he just done small crimes, but we donīt know just a dark he will get if he will start putting out hits on people or nor, or whether it will break up Ejami or not.

camera shy

S loves EJ
Oct 6 2013, 02:27 PM
leela46
Oct 6 2013, 01:52 PM
S loves EJ
BeeBee

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Corday did compare Ejami to the godfather, but it might just be a reference to it because both "Corleone and the Dimeras are mobsters" it doesnīt mean that the writers will write Ejami according to Michael and Kay Corleone was written in the films. I do think it can be assumed that EJ will get darker than he has been for about the past two years when he just done small crimes, but we donīt know just a dark he will get if he will start putting out hits on people or nor, or whether it will break up Ejami or not.
I don't think KC would have brought up Michael and Kay if they weren't planning on going down the same road with Ejami. I don't know Michael and Kay's story, but what I read from other posters who do, Michael kept getting in deeper and deeper with criminal activities until Kay grew to hate the man he became. And wasn't one of their children killed in a car bomb meant for Michael?

S loves EJ

Iīm sorry I managed to report the above post by mistake I was on the phone and hit the wrong buttom, but I was gonna say that the writers can break up Ejami without having Sami grow to hate EJ that would be a cruel thing to do to those who like Ejami.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

These writers were over the top cruel to fans that stuck with the show for decades. Look at the extremely cruel way they handled J&J, Jarlena, and Lumi fans.

And just look how nasty they were to ejole and safe fans with their offensive storylines mishandling both rape and child loss.
Edited by TreasureCove, Oct 6 2013, 03:37 PM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Oct 6 2013, 03:35 PM
These writers were over the top cruel to fans that stuck with the show for decades. Look at the extremely cruel way they handled J&J, Jarlena, and Lumi fans.

And just look how nasty they were to ejole and safe fans with their offensive storylines mishandling both rape and child loss.
You forgot Steve and Kayla fans but at least the writers did not write crap like John still have feeling for Kristen if Steve been on show they show him to still have feeling for ava or other crap.and who knows what they will write for hope and piss hope and bo fans
Edited by Partnersincrime, Oct 6 2013, 03:48 PM.

camera shy

S loves EJ
Oct 6 2013, 03:25 PM
Iīm sorry I managed to report the above post by mistake I was on the phone and hit the wrong buttom, but I was gonna say that the writers can break up Ejami without having Sami grow to hate EJ that would be a cruel thing to do to those who like Ejami.
I wasn't cruel to Nicole fans to killed off another of her babies? These writers don't care about the fans of any of the characters on this show.

camera shy

And you know, I don't see this show ever giving EJ a happy ending. Sami will for sure get one with either, Lucas or Rafe or someone new, but EJ will always eventually lose out when it comes to love.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

camera shy
Oct 6 2013, 03:59 PM
S loves EJ
I wasn't cruel to Nicole fans to killed off another of her babies? These writers don't care about the fans of any of the characters on this show.
As a long time shipper fan there is only one thing that is TRUE.....fans of couples always get screwed over...it might not happen this year, but it will happen. YOu can bet on it.

camera shy

LuvingLumi
Oct 6 2013, 04:06 PM
camera shy
S loves EJ
As a long time shipper fan there is only one thing that is TRUE.....fans of couples always get screwed over...it might not happen this year, but it will happen. YOu can bet on it.
And when it comes to Ejami they've been pretty cruel to them in the past with Sami shooting EJ in the head and him kidnapping Sydney and letting her think she had been murdered. I don't think the writers will have any problem going down that road again if they think they have an exciting story to tell.

S loves EJ

camera shy
S loves EJ

It was cruel to kill off Ejole baby and the writers have been gruel to other fans aswell, including the Ejami fans in the past, but it seems that the power ups likes Ejami and are comitted to them, and seems to use their influence over the writers more now, but with these writers you never know.

camera shy
Oct 6 2013, 04:03 PM
And you know, I don't see this show ever giving EJ a happy ending. Sami will for sure get one with either, Lucas or Rafe or someone new, but EJ will always eventually lose out when it comes to love.

I donīt think it will be a happy ending for anyone until the show gets cancelled. Maybe EJ doesnīt deserve a happy ending but if EJ would be together with Sami or an other woman at that time they might still let them end up together, it would be pointless to break them up then since those who doesnīt like EJ or Ejami probably already stopped watching by then if they were to continue to write for Ejami.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
camera shy
S loves EJ
This is true, of course there will be some couples who will always lose out. Especially when there are characters which can be in different relationships. Couples come and go, when it comes to certain characters so it seems that some are losers and some are winners and now I'm thinking that some have more weight on the show, or rather, all shows have some characters who have more weight meaning: )

gailwinters
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 6 2013, 04:17 PM
LuvingLumi
camera shy
S loves EJ
And when it comes to Ejami they've been pretty cruel to them in the past with Sami shooting EJ in the head and him kidnapping Sydney and letting her think she had been murdered. I don't think the writers will have any problem going down that road again if they think they have an exciting story to tell.
Well, I think you have to take into account that this time around, the writers are probably not free to write whatever they want.

camera shy

gailwinters
Oct 6 2013, 04:49 PM
camera shy
LuvingLumi
camera shy

Well, I think you have to take into account that this time around, the writers are probably not free to write whatever they want.
I think whatever they write, in the past, in the present and in the future, there's a chain of command and they have to get approval from NBC or Sony. So I think the writers at the time who wrote Sami shooting EJ in the head had to get approval for higher on up and they gave it.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 6 2013, 05:38 PM
gailwinters
Oct 6 2013, 04:49 PM
camera shy
LuvingLumi

I think whatever they write, in the past, in the present and in the future, there's a chain of command and they have to get approval from NBC or Sony. So I think the writers at the time who wrote Sami shooting EJ in the head had to get approval for higher on up and they gave it.
Probably. But there was a different mindset at that time. The writing was clearly intended to kill Ejami then. Now the writing is clearly intended to make them a couple - a couple who are going to have a lot of angst and obstacles. Of course, the writing can turn at any time, but I don't think the same players have as much say as they did when Sami shot EJ.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

The network knows about all stories, from Safe to Sami shooting Ej to writing Ejami.... As we all know, another sure bet is the story can change on a dime as has been evident this past year

LastLicks
Member Avatar

somuchwhatever
Oct 6 2013, 11:57 AM
I want to say there was a discussion with Jack and Jo later on where she said that after dealing with how hard it was to give Steve and Billy away that she just couldn't do it again with Adrienne. I'll have to do some digging, too.

(Aaaaaand there goes my Sunday. LOL)
I remember her saying this as well, though I couldn't remember if it were to Jack or Steve. I know she went looking for Billy after the adoption, and the scene where she alludes to this with Steve, when he realizes what she's telling him, is one of my absolutely favorite angsty-Johnson family moments. I don't think Steve ever felt more abandoned by her, it was heartbreaking. She knew Duke would never forgive Steve for nearly killing him in that fire but hoped his wrath would in time spare Billy, who had already been adopted Harper and Camille. She always intended to return for Jack but lost him anyway, I think that played into their dynamic later on.
Edited by LastLicks, Oct 6 2013, 08:02 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
BeeBee
S loves EJ

He didn't seem to have a problem with blackmailing Chad into moving back to Chez DMera.In fact he seemed to be quite happy to hone his blackmailing skills on his own brother.I think I am going to have agree to disagree as to the size of EJ's sacrifice.
Edited by BeeBee, Oct 6 2013, 08:49 PM.

LastLicks
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Oct 6 2013, 09:03 AM
granolagirl
Oct 6 2013, 01:45 AM
LastLicks
Oct 6 2013, 12:42 AM
While Jack was not important to Kayla in the way she was important to him, she would never leave him to figuratively rot in hell, either. Especially after Steve's death, because he had loved his baby brother so intensely, Kayla almost inherited his concern over Billy Jack's well-being. She could have closed the door on rebuilding their relationship and probably should have then, but she allowed for him to be a part of Stephanie's life. Even when he died this last time, Kayla seemed genuinely upset over it.

Now I'm not saying that was the right approach in the writing; I certainly understand that her voice was ignored to benefit Jack. However, that was the story as told and I do admire her ability to care enough about someone who didn't deserve to be cared about by her, especially because Jack really did come to hate himself over what he had done, and it just made for interesting soap opera.
I think it was overdone, but it worked as long as it was something that was freely given by Kayla and not expected by Jack (or anyone else -- the Thanksgiving scene with Jo pushing everyone to hold hands has always pushed the envelope for me). The overtones around this story that her forgiveness might become an obligation in some way is where it doesn't work, for me. But I'm glad they are showing that the events still affects her.

Jennifer and Kayla's friendliness never really bothered me... Maybe because they were friendly before, and Jack and Kayla were already forming a weird kind of alliance during the Marina story when Jack and Jennifer were just getting involved.
The rape happened in early 1988, and that dinner scene in 1990 is actually one of my favorite scenes.

However, one thing I didn't like about it was Jo. Normally, I liked Jo, but sometimes she made me angry. This was one of those times, because she was so consumed by her wish for Jack to be part of the family that she lacked sensitivity toward anyone else.

This includes Steve. Steve was gonna stop that wedding. Jo stopped him for Billy's sake. So what if Steve was miserable? So what if Kayla was desperately unhappy? As long as Billy was getting what he wanted...she showed definite favoritism toward Jack, and I resented it sometimes, because I didn't see it as fine for everyone to dismiss their own feelings forever, twisting their lives around to make Jack happy.

Jack was a grown up. He wanted HIS dreams, his wishes. It was all supposed to happen for HIM. Everyone else was supposed to keep up the pretense. What would it do to Billy if they didn't? To heck with what it was already doing to Steve and to Kayla.

At the dinner, it was like she was blind to how difficult it was for Kayla. She was kind of oblivious. Of course, Kayla wasn't her daughter, just her daughter-in-law. She loved Kayla, but she wasn't at all sensitive to Kayla sometimes.
I loved the Johnson family dinner scene, too.

Jo's blissful ignorance was at times frustrating but it was intended, which isn't something you see a lot in the writing now, and I think it made for more interesting dynamics.

Steve was sometimes left to feel Jo favored Jack, whom she put on a pedestal in her mind simply for being educated and raised in a sophisticated environment she could never have provided him; but Steve was the patriarch of that family ever since Duke's death, and especially in later years, she would make Jack feel he had to live up to his brother's legacy, too. Adrienne had a very different relationship with her being the daughter Jo actually raised, also being a victim of child abuse. I don't remember if that ever conflicted with Jo's desperate yearning for the sons lost, except maybe when Jo would insist on Jack's right to basically do and say whatever he felt because it was deserved in her mind. I do remember Adrienne felt shut out when Steve and Jo would make decisions for all of them, and that's where she related to Jack. Kayla definitely got the short end of the stick in that regard: not only were the Johnsons male-dominant (which old-mentality Jo encouraged), she had even less say as the daughter-in-law.

Jo did really mean well and loved them all unconditionally, that's what I loved about her.
Edited by LastLicks, Oct 6 2013, 08:52 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply