Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 4 2013, 12:22 AM (11,632 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

Theresa is so bad at her job it's pitiful, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

That flashback Nick had was a nice fake-out. His conversation with Gabi is not going to end well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KAM

Will just wanted to tell Elvis thank you...He said thank you very much...and then he left the building. :blulaugh:

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Jack's book has had more screen time this week than Hope and Marlena combined.

blueskies
Member Avatar

JJ's trying to trick Adrienne into revealing what happened...wonder if it'll work?? I will say he's a smart kid. Not a pushover like a lot of men in Salem. And heck, women too.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Sevprince
Oct 4 2013, 12:48 PM
Majority of the characters needs to be diagnosed as bipolar really since their personalty and attitude seems to change on daily bases.
I have more reasoning then personality changes and would explain further but don't feel like it right now.

trojangal
Member Avatar

KAM
Oct 4 2013, 12:42 PM
OK...EJ's messing with Chad's medical records to prop his lie to Cameron. Sure...why not? After all, it worked so well with the Bernardi kid's bank records.... :rolleyes:
Well that is probably the point of having EJ help him cover this up,
Abby can be indignant about both the lie & the Di Meara coverup

LonePirate
Member Avatar

There's Marge and her audition for the new Cocoa Puffs mascot.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Awesome cliffhanger!! Can't wait till Monday. This storyline came out of nowhere really but it's easily the best one going on right now.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Holy cow! Adrienne was freaked out by JJ's probe into the Jack and Kayla tragedy.

jam6242
Member Avatar

So the scenes in the promo for this week don't actually occur this week? :huh?:

KAM

blueskies
Oct 4 2013, 12:52 PM
JJ's trying to trick Adrienne into revealing what happened...wonder if it'll work?? I will say he's a smart kid. Not a pushover like a lot of men in Salem. And heck, women too.
Like father, like son.

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

LOVE Theresa and loved her yesterday when she told dear Jen Jen what a piece of crap she is! :hail:

jam6242
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Oct 4 2013, 12:45 PM
jam6242
Oct 4 2013, 12:23 PM
LuvingLumi
Oct 4 2013, 12:21 PM
Nick is full on cray again
It's a shame he's never received any counseling. It would give Marlena something else to do too. She was friends with and treated both of his parents so she even has a link with him.
They should have Nick be diagnosed with a mental disorder like Bipolar which wouldn't explain all the homophobic stuff but would explain his stupid impulsive decisions and how his personality can change so fast. Our luck they'd make him a sociopath. :rolleyes:
I would like to learn the root of Nick's mental instability.

SadieEsperanto

I loved everything about Sonny in this episode. Everything.

Ellie

Ok, random comments from my catch-up viewing:

- That Ali Sweeney scene where she reunites with the kids might be one of the worst Ali scenes ever. She's just so bad! She runs in like she's never worn heels before, she scrunches up her face like she can't decide how to fake laugh/cry, she totally doesn't work with the child actors, and then when she hugs Deidre, Deidre's crying! Of course! Because she actually has the ability to cry when the scene calls for it. Ali just has no clue how to ad lib around the kids, and she either has no clue how to prepare for a scene like this, or she just doesn't have the time to try. The culmination of a big story like that and it fell completely flat.

- I'm finding the "flash drive story" to be the most interesting... so of course it's on like once a week.

- REALLY liked Greg Vaughan in the hypnosis scenes. You could read on his face what was going on, as the memories came back to him and then he horrifyingly realized what they might be.

- Bev/Theresa is just such a casting fail. I can't get over it. Two women in the same storyline who look almost exactly alike.

- Rory needs to be fired. It's like his only acting inspiration is Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

- Nadia's acting has improved since she left the show.

- As others here are saying, I'm really enjoying Kayla's interaction with the other characters.

Keith
Member Avatar

I have to agree with whoever said Kayla does owe Jen and explanation. Under no circumstances is it Kayla's decision to tell JJ about the rape. She's not his parent. She's his aunt. Even just a slip is inappropriate enough to warrant the apology. I'm glad the writers for this episode gave some good meaty stuff, including Kayla having a chance to be like 'Whoa, where did that even come from?', because its been about 25 years. As a victim of rape, no matter how much time has passed, Kayla owes zero explanations to anyone about feeling the way she feels. That is entirely separate from her slipping like that. I'm glad this scriptwriter, whoever it was, gave good accordance to everything that needed to be regarding Kayla, her role then, and her role now.

JJ looking into Spectator records was nice. I would have liked it more if he was such a dog with a bone that he showed up at the Spectator and tried to use his dad's name to get to the older papers, but was turned away by a new hard-ass of an owner. Also, did anyone else think its odd that, amid the publicity for the book, no other papers have dug up dirt?

Jennifer and Abigail. If we were going to be robbed of the initial conversation, I'm glad they discussed today, at least. I'm also glad Jack was apparently there for it. And Jennifer has already talked about how it was Jack's greatest regret. What happened to the redemption being forgotten...? :)

JJ and Adrienne was fantastic. I loved the sneaky way he came at the Jack/Kayla stuff and how upset it made Adrienne, Jack's sister, Kayla's best friend once upon a time, and a victim of rape herself. Her racing mind was palatable. Loved the saucer crash, even though I saw it coming from miles away.
Edited by Keith, Oct 4 2013, 01:28 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Seriously, Sami, you told Will what Ej did and then told him no one can ever find out about this? We all know that won't turn out well esp if Will would tell Sonny, the town gossip.

KAM

Keith
Oct 4 2013, 01:26 PM
I have to agree with whoever said Kayla does owe Jen and explanation. Under no circumstances is it Kayla's decision to tell JJ about the rape. She's not his parent. She's his aunt. Even just a slip is inappropriate enough to warrant the apology. I'm glad the writers for this episode gave some good meaty stuff, including Kayla having a chance to be like 'Whoa, where did that even come from?', because its been about 25 years. As a victim of rape, no matter how much time has passed, Kayla owes zero explanations to anyone about feeling the way she feels. That is entirely separate from her slipping like that. I'm glad this scriptwriter, whoever it was, gave good accordance to everything that needed to be regarding Kayla, her role then, and her role now.

JJ looking into Spectator records was nice. I would have liked it more if he was such a dog with a bone that he showed up at the Spectator and tried to use his dad's name to get to the older papers, but was turned away by a new hard-ass of an owner. Also, did anyone else think its odd that, amid the publicity for the book, no other papers have dug up dirt?

Jennifer and Abigail. If we were going to be robbed of the initial conversation, I'm glad they discussed today, at least. I'm also glad Jack was apparently there for it. And Jennifer has already talked about how it was Jack's greatest regret. What happened to the redemption being forgotten...? :)

JJ and Adrienne was fantastic. I loved the sneaky way he came at the Jack/Kayla stuff and how upset it made Adrienne, Jack's sister, Kayla's best friend once upon a time, and a victim of rape herself. Her racing mind was palatable. Loved the saucer crash, even though I saw it coming from miles away.
Great post. I agree. I was initially disappointed that Abby already had been told about this sometime off screen. But now I think it is right for this to be all about JJ being the last to know. Today's script writer was Janet I.
Edited by KAM, Oct 4 2013, 01:45 PM.

Keith
Member Avatar

I really wish the anti-Stefano feeling could get consistency for each character. I also laughed when Sami said no one hates Stefano more than she does. Girl, talk to me when he makes you believe he killed your husband, kidnaps your kids forcing you to shoot him, sends a brainwashed total stranger to replace your husband, keeps you hidden on an island for almost four years, forcibly makes you a surrogate to kids that are also not his, reveals your real husband is alive, kidnaps you and your replacement husband and coerces you into sleeping with him (Stefano) to save the now love of your life, forces you to reveal your affair with your husband's replacement at I believe the baptism of the daughter yuou and husband replacement conceived through said affair, stalks you relentlessly for ten years after you divorce the husband you once thought was dead, seduces you into being possessed by the devil, uses guilt from the devil attacking him and feigns amnesia to get you to take care of him, helps drive his 'son' to frame your true love for murder, kidnaps you and keeps you in a cage and places your true love's neck under a guillotine, helps his adoptive daughter keep you and your true love apart by hiring an innocent cuckoo to help fake his daughter's pregnancy, putting aside his adoptive daughter's own crimes against you, using your ex-husband's health as a bargaining chip to get all of his crimes pardoned, using chip technology to make your new husband have an affair with who he thinks is his former lover on a submarine, his role in the JT/Zach baby switch with your husband being a potential father, and then after a nice little breather, coming back and having his son put your husband into a coma, and then after he wakes up, his crazy nephew puts a hit and run hit on your husband who dies and then Stefano takes said husband and reprograms him as his pawn again and all that mess...really Sami? You can compete with THAT?
Edited by Keith, Oct 4 2013, 01:59 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply