Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 4 2013, 12:22 AM (11,764 Views)
Tammy
Member Avatar

Maybe I am missing (or forgetting) something... but how is Kayla, JJ's Aunt? :blink:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Tammy
Oct 4 2013, 02:14 PM
Maybe I am missing (or forgetting) something... but how is Kayla, JJ's Aunt? :blink:
Oh yeah, Steve... nevermind lol.

BJ Deveraux
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Oct 4 2013, 12:51 PM
Jack's book has had more screen time this week than Hope and Marlena combined.
Jack's book also has more screen time than Jack did last time around

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

They should do a mutiple personality disorder storyline for Nick. He has it in his genes and it fits. One personality can be the homophobe and the other can be stalker guy, the geeky nerd nice guy can be the other, lol

S loves EJ

If anyone has a multi personality disorder itīs EJ.

Keith
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 4 2013, 02:31 PM
They should do a mutiple personality disorder storyline for Nick. He has it in his genes and it fits. One personality can be the homophobe and the other can be stalker guy, the geeky nerd nice guy can be the other, lol
I've been wanting since 2008.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

LuvingLumi
Oct 4 2013, 02:31 PM
That's not a bad idea either. I probably should have said that I wish they'd do a mental illness storyline with Nick at the center.

six
Member Avatar

Adrienne spilling her tea right before she metaphorically spills tea amused me more than it should have.

I like that EJ continues to steer Chad down the wrong path in a genuine attempt to help. Like someone I follow on twitter said, it would have been better if Sami had gotten in on it. Faking medical records is her area of expertise after all.

I have a feeling Will is going to be the first of many Bradys to complain about Sami living with Sami, which is going to get old, really fast, since the rest of them didn't have anything to say a couple of months ago. It's also nice that Sami finally recognizes and is grateful for the sacrifice EJ made for her.

It bothered me that Jen seemed to disapprove of Kayla's slip. Apparently the rape is a dark family secret that everyone has decided to shield the kids from, which makes sense, but it's not like Adrienne, or someone not directly involved, made the comment that set JJ on the course to finding out the whole story. JJ is an adult now and it's Kayla's story to tell, or hint at, if that's what she wants to do.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Yeah, I kinda agree that it's Kayla's story to tell or not tell. I mean I guess Jennifer can and will have an opinion, but if Kayla wanted to tell everyone that Jack raped her, then it'd be her right and Jennifer really couldn't stop her.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Ellie
Oct 4 2013, 12:32 PM
Marlena did counsel Nick, didn't she? Didn't she come to the prison to meet with him?

I'm not watching live today but I did a binge view last night of like 6 shows I missed. I'll wait till today's is over on the east coast to comment on it. But ALI SWEENEY IS SOOOO BAD. Ok I think that will tide me over for another 30 minutes.
I think Marlena went to the prison to evaluate whether Nick was pyschologically ready for release on parole.I thought they would have Marlena treat Nick after the Jensen death but there has only been one mention by Nick of seeing some off screen therapist while he was talking to Maggie in the park.

spartan
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Oct 4 2013, 12:39 PM
Why didn't the make-up team hide those bruises or hickeys on Chandler's neck? Lord knows they are not from a rough night of sex between Will and Sonny.
I noticed those as well when Will was sitting on the coffee table with Sami. Thought it was the lighting at first but nope.

spartan
Member Avatar

Loved the cliffhanger ending with Adrienne and JJ. Also loved the Kayla/Jen scenes.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Abigail's dress and hair are both very unfortunate.

Nick is going off the rails, fast.

So, the usually overly calm Will chooses *this* subject to rage on to Sami? Why? Didn't he just six months ago ask Stefano to get the evidence out from the polica station to help him? Seems strange. Plus a little gratitude would help.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

six
Oct 4 2013, 02:49 PM
Adrienne spilling her tea right before she metaphorically spills tea amused me more than it should have.

I like that EJ continues to steer Chad down the wrong path in a genuine attempt to help. Like someone I follow on twitter said, it would have been better if Sami had gotten in on it. Faking medical records is her area of expertise after all.

I have a feeling Will is going to be the first of many Bradys to complain about Sami living with Sami, which is going to get old, really fast, since the rest of them didn't have anything to say a couple of months ago. It's also nice that Sami finally recognizes and is grateful for the sacrifice EJ made for her.

It bothered me that Jen seemed to disapprove of Kayla's slip. Apparently the rape is a dark family secret that everyone has decided to shield the kids from, which makes sense, but it's not like Adrienne, or someone not directly involved, made the comment that set JJ on the course to finding out the whole story. JJ is an adult now and it's Kayla's story to tell, or hint at, if that's what she wants to do.
Actually I remember Marlena having a chat with Sami about that when she moved in with the kids back in the spring.....I can't recall if Roman ever said anything since he's barely on....but I do recall Marlena voicing her discontent.

On the JJ thing...what bothers me is that it should be up to the parents to tell the child in whatever way they see fit. If I were writing, I would have had Jen approach Kayla and have them both sit JJ down and tell him. I guess it would have looked even worse since the excuse to tell him during this troubled time in his life would have been to make him not see Dan in such a bad light, considering his father did something so horrible....forget it...lol
Edited by LuvingLumi, Oct 4 2013, 04:28 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 4 2013, 04:26 PM
six

Actually I remember Marlena having a chat with Sami about that when she moved in with the kids back in the spring.....I can't recall if Roman ever said anything since he's barely on....but I do recall Marlena voicing her discontent.
The only recent Roman reaction I recall was at the school opening when Ejami told people their wedding was going to be in two weeks. He didn't act super excited, but he then told them that the only thing that matters is his daughter's happiness.. Then he hugged Sami and shook EJ's hand.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 4 2013, 04:26 PM
six

On the JJ thing...what bothers me is that it should be up to the parents to tell the child in whatever way they see fit. If I were writing, I would have had Jen approach Kayla and have them both sit JJ down and tell him. I guess it would have looked even worse since the excuse to tell him during this troubled time in his life would have been to make him not see Dan in such a bad light, considering his father did something so horrible....forget it...lol
I'm pretty certain that the closest we got to Marlena sharing her opinion on the matter is when she told EJ she wouldn't visit Sami there. Other than that, she was too wrapped up in bristen to say anything to Sami.

I would agree with you on JJ if he were twelve, or even fifteen, but I don't think you can be mad at the victim for shattering the fantasy world that the adult JJ was living in. And I know JJ literally just became an adult and he's not in the right frame of mind to hear this, but really JnJ are lucky they were able to postpone this talk as long as they were, since things are so readily available online. Well, I would support Jen being upset if Kayla had told JJ the truth to hurt him, but ultimately, the pain JJ is going to go through is due to Jack's actions, not Kayla's.
Edited by six, Oct 4 2013, 05:07 PM.

Kyan

I can't say enough about how phenomenal Judi Evans is as an actress. You could see it wasn't just about Jack and was about their father raping her also. That should be brought up and have JJ deal with could he be the third generation.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Kyan
Oct 4 2013, 05:48 PM
I can't say enough about how phenomenal Judi Evans is as an actress. You could see it wasn't just about Jack and was about their father raping her also. That should be brought up and have JJ deal with could he be the third generation.
Poor JJ. Grandpa Bill was a rapist too. His family history could really mess up his mind!

Ellie

jam6242
Oct 4 2013, 05:53 PM
Poor JJ. Grandpa Bill was a rapist too. His family history could really mess up his mind!
Anyone's family history on Days could really mess up their mind.

SadieEsperanto

spartan
Oct 4 2013, 03:33 PM
LonePirate
Oct 4 2013, 12:39 PM
Why didn't the make-up team hide those bruises or hickeys on Chandler's neck? Lord knows they are not from a rough night of sex between Will and Sonny.
I noticed those as well when Will was sitting on the coffee table with Sami. Thought it was the lighting at first but nope.
I was wondering about that too. Why didn't they just put a different shirt on him?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply