Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 4 2013, 12:22 AM (11,289 Views)
Keith
Member Avatar

jam6242
Oct 4 2013, 05:53 PM
Kyan
Oct 4 2013, 05:48 PM
I can't say enough about how phenomenal Judi Evans is as an actress. You could see it wasn't just about Jack and was about their father raping her also. That should be brought up and have JJ deal with could he be the third generation.
Poor JJ. Grandpa Bill was a rapist too. His family history could really mess up his mind!
As far as sexual assault goes, JJ's got the motherload in his genes, eh?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

Keith
Oct 4 2013, 07:07 PM
jam6242
Kyan
I can't say enough about how phenomenal Judi Evans is as an actress. You could see it wasn't just about Jack and was about their father raping her also. That should be brought up and have JJ deal with could he be the third generation.
Poor JJ. Grandpa Bill was a rapist too. His family history could really mess up his mind!
He and Jennifer could really bond over this.

Kriss4

jewlmc
Oct 4 2013, 12:49 PM
For almost telling her already troubled son painful information, yes, Kayla does at least "owe" Jennifer some kind of info. It'd be one thing if they haven't been family for years, but since she is Aunt Kayla ....

I haven't been able to see it yet. I just got home. Did Jen demand an explanation, or did Kayla offer one?

And is Jennifer angry at Kayla for the slip?

Kriss4

blueskies
Oct 4 2013, 12:58 PM
Awesome cliffhanger!! Can't wait till Monday. This storyline came out of nowhere really but it's easily the best one going on right now.
Which one?

Kriss4

Keith
Oct 4 2013, 01:26 PM
I have to agree with whoever said Kayla does owe Jen and explanation. Under no circumstances is it Kayla's decision to tell JJ about the rape. She's not his parent. She's his aunt. Even just a slip is inappropriate enough to warrant the apology. I'm glad the writers for this episode gave some good meaty stuff, including Kayla having a chance to be like 'Whoa, where did that even come from?', because its been about 25 years. As a victim of rape, no matter how much time has passed, Kayla owes zero explanations to anyone about feeling the way she feels. That is entirely separate from her slipping like that. I'm glad this scriptwriter, whoever it was, gave good accordance to everything that needed to be regarding Kayla, her role then, and her role now.

JJ looking into Spectator records was nice. I would have liked it more if he was such a dog with a bone that he showed up at the Spectator and tried to use his dad's name to get to the older papers, but was turned away by a new hard-ass of an owner. Also, did anyone else think its odd that, amid the publicity for the book, no other papers have dug up dirt?

Jennifer and Abigail. If we were going to be robbed of the initial conversation, I'm glad they discussed today, at least. I'm also glad Jack was apparently there for it. And Jennifer has already talked about how it was Jack's greatest regret. What happened to the redemption being forgotten...? :)

JJ and Adrienne was fantastic. I loved the sneaky way he came at the Jack/Kayla stuff and how upset it made Adrienne, Jack's sister, Kayla's best friend once upon a time, and a victim of rape herself. Her racing mind was palatable. Loved the saucer crash, even though I saw it coming from miles away.
So, Keith...are you telling me Kayla is NOT a bystander in her own story today? She's getting a chance to voice a few things?

Romancer66

Keith
jam6242
Kyan
Bill's rape of Laura was before my time. Anyone remember how it was handled? Did he experience any remorse or shame? Did he face any censure from his family or the town and have to redeem himself, or was his crime swept under the rug because he married his victim?

Kriss4

Kyan
Do you think Kayla and Adrienne will have a talk about that? I mean, Duke raped Adrienne, and his son Jack raped Kayla.

They never talked about what Jack did back in the day. Adrienne talked about it with Steve, but that was before she found out that Jack was her brother, Billy.

I mean, obviously, Adrienne would still have feelings about what happened to her, and so does Kayla. Who better to understand how buried feelings bubble up to the surface sometimes?

Steve was five years old and Billy was a baby when their mom, Jo, put them in the orphanage. Billy was adopted by Harper Deveraux soon after that. Steve never did get adopted.

Adrienne was born after her big brothers were given away. She went looking for Steve when she grew up.

Kriss4

You know, this Jennifer, JJ, Abby, Kayla story is the most interesting one Days has going at the moment.

My opinion only, of course. I'm biased, though, I know!

LastLicks
Member Avatar

I may actually miss the whole three amigos thing going on with Gabi/Will/Sonny raising baby Arianna; really cute. However, I'm not down for writing Nick into another corner . . . he's still weirdly obsessive and unstable (all of which Blake Berris plays very well) . . . but was he not supposed to turn a corner after we found out what happened in prison? I thought he would slowly be redeemed and become a better version of the lovable nerd we used to root for. That's what I want.

Jennifer should just take a leave of absence if she's not planning to be at work until JJ is back home. I loved that Kayla came by to explain what happened; not necessarily because she owes Jennifer one but because she cares about everyone involved, and because she senses her comment will likely be the reason her nephew finds out an ugly truth about Jack. Kind of like what MBE said in her interview, Kayla would probably take this to the grave where the children were concerned, and that was reinforced today. There was a good balance of understanding between them and Jennifer's protectiveness over her son. And I'm relieved that Jennifer isn't just waiting and hoping for the best, instead taking initiative in deciding to handle telling him herself, now. Too bad Adrienne wasn't privy to this little family meeting (wouldn't that have been so great?), because she could certainly use a little help . . .

I got a kick out of JJ trying to manipulate Adrienne into telling him the truth, but I think she could have held herself together a little better. If he didn't already suspect the secret was huge, he certainly does now! I do wonder what kind of conversations they will have after he already knows: if she'll tell him about her own experiences with Duke Johnson and how Jack also struggled to deal with the crimes of his two fathers as much as his own. Seeing how JJ never got to read Jack's book, I hope he'll finally be able to once he learns to accept and forgive, and be able to follow his father's journey through the end.

Theresa and Anne would be pathetic if they weren't so entertaining, lol. Though I could care less about Theresa trying to make Jennifer jealous, I do love how she relentlessly tries to get under everyone's skin.

I laughed so hard when Benardi's widow yelled "Murderer!" as Sami and EJ took a walk. Never gets old.
Edited by LastLicks, Oct 4 2013, 09:27 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Keith
jam6242
Kyan
Johnny and Sydney have Ej and Sami.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

I'm watching right now.

JJ just left Rory and Bev at the table.

Kayla hasn't arrived at Jen's yet.

Kriss4

She just arrived...meanwhile, JJ has arrived, too...at Adrienne's.

Some great conversations ahead, I think!

LastLicks
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Oct 4 2013, 07:52 PM
Kyan
Do you think Kayla and Adrienne will have a talk about that? I mean, Duke raped Adrienne, and his son Jack raped Kayla.

They never talked about what Jack did back in the day. Adrienne talked about it with Steve, but that was before she found out that Jack was her brother, Billy.

I mean, obviously, Adrienne would still have feelings about what happened to her, and so does Kayla. Who better to understand how buried feelings bubble up to the surface sometimes?

Steve was five years old and Billy was a baby when their mom, Jo, put them in the orphanage. Billy was adopted by Harper Deveraux soon after that. Steve never did get adopted.

Adrienne was born after her big brothers were given away. She went looking for Steve when she grew up.
You know, this OT: I loved Jack and Adrienne scenes but I never technically loved their relationship, for lack of development. There was no doubt where Steve and Adrienne stood; they quickly became very close and he was the brother that she'd turn to first. I always interpreted that Jack and Adrienne were never close and thought that point was made clear . . . until it wasn't. There was a lot of effort put into developing his relationships with both Steve and Jo (which were amazing!), but he and Adrienne only shared a limited amount of spontaneous moments (most of which were also enjoyable) . . . until basically, Jack got used to the idea of having a sister and they suddenly loved each other. We never actually saw them spending time getting to know each other and any early tension between them was never to be mentioned again. I did believe they finally become a family when Steve died, but Adrienne was off the show two months later, and last we heard of her was after Jackson's birth. If Matt and Judi didn't make me believe these two really did care about each other, it probably wouldn't work for me at all.
Edited by LastLicks, Oct 4 2013, 10:21 PM.

Keith
Member Avatar

blueskies
Oct 4 2013, 09:21 PM
Keith
jam6242
Kyan
Johnny and Sydney have Ej and Sami.
Nope. JJ still wins. On both ends. Bill. Jack. Duke. Adrienne. Kayla. Jennifer. Maggie. Stephanie.

Keith
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Oct 4 2013, 07:44 PM
Keith
jam6242
Kyan
Bill's rape of Laura was before my time. Anyone remember how it was handled? Did he experience any remorse or shame? Did he face any censure from his family or the town and have to redeem himself, or was his crime swept under the rug because he married his victim?
The rape was never revealed, to my knowledge. Bill was drunk and he definitely assaulted Laura. Bill did not remember what happened and when he asked Laura, she said she had turned him away and nothing happened. She lied to preserve Mickey and Bill's relationship.
Edited by Keith, Oct 4 2013, 10:15 PM.

LastLicks
Member Avatar

Keith
Oct 4 2013, 10:08 PM
Romancer66
Keith
jam6242

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
The rape was never revealed, to my knowledge. Bill was drunk and he definitely assaulted Laura. Bill did not remember what happened and when he asked Laura, she said she had turned him away and nothing happened. She lied to preserve Mickey and Bill's relationship.
That's interesting. I didn't think Jennifer ever knew, but I always wondered about the rest of the family.

Harmony233

LastLicks
Oct 4 2013, 10:05 PM
Kriss4
Oct 4 2013, 07:52 PM
Kyan

You know, this OT: I loved Jack and Adrienne scenes but I never technically loved their relationship, for lack of development. There was no doubt where Steve and Adrienne stood; they quickly became very close and he was the brother that she'd turn to first. I always interpreted that Jack and Adrienne were never close and thought that point was made clear . . . until it wasn't. There was a lot of effort put into developing his relationships with both Steve and Jo (which were amazing!), but he and Adrienne only shared a limited amount of spontaneous moments (most of which were also enjoyable) . . . until basically, Jack got used to the idea of having a sister and they suddenly loved each other. We never actually saw them spending time getting to know each other and any tension between them early on was never mentioned again. I did believe they finally become a family when Steve died, but Adrienne was off the show two months later, and last we heard of her was after Jackson's birth. If Matt and Judi didn't make me believe these two really did care about each other, it probably wouldn't work at all for me.
you know I was always kinda shocked Adrienne named sonny Jackson instead of after steve who everyone thought was dead at the time

Kriss4

I liked the Kayla/Jen conversation. I saw Kayla's regret and understood it, but it does make me sad that she said its still there for her, but JJ and his feelings are gonna take precedence. I want to hear more about what she feels now, aside from regret at the slip. I'm interested in JJs feelings too but not ONLY JJ's.

Adrienne's gonna give it away on Monday! I'm so there for that!
Edited by Kriss4, Oct 4 2013, 10:22 PM.

Keith
Member Avatar

LastLicks
Oct 4 2013, 10:19 PM
Keith
Romancer66
Keith

That's interesting. I didn't think Jennifer ever knew, but I always wondered about the rest of the family.
In part, I have always wondered if keeping the rape under wraps led to her breakdown. She'd loved Bill before the rape. And well after she wanted to be with him over Mickey. But she never really faced the rape. No idea if that ever came into play during the initial breakdown story. Probably not. Its safe to say no one in the family knows about Mike's true origins.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Keith
Oct 4 2013, 10:22 PM
LastLicks
Oct 4 2013, 10:19 PM
Keith
Romancer66

In part, I have always wondered if keeping the rape under wraps led to her breakdown. She'd loved Bill before the rape. And well after she wanted to be with him over Mickey. But she never really faced the rape. No idea if that ever came into play during the initial breakdown story. Probably not. Its safe to say no one in the family knows about Mike's true origins.
I really wish that they'd have one of Jen's kids have a breakdown the way Laura did....it would be a good story to have JJ end up with somekind of breakdown after this happens....not a full on catatonic state or anything but something where he needs treatment....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply