Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR wants to know...; Favorite Scary Moments
Topic Started: Oct 5 2013, 01:53 PM (2,787 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

We haven't done one of these in a while, so in the spirit of Halloween, we want to know what some of your favorite "scary" moments, scenes, and stories on Days have been. Since Days is a soap and not exactly "The Shining" your choices don't necessarily have to be moments that literally scared you. With all the murders, kidnappings, and buried alive stories this show has had, it shouldn't be hard to think of a few that were just straight up creepy!

This thread will be open until October 14th. Please remember to give a clear description or try to provide a clip. If you just say "that time Stefano died", that really won't be useful.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

The one that LEAPS to mind for me is this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB8ItE9ZEas

Cut to about 19:30'ish...they're all on the island with Tony who is completely insane (deliciously so!) and Marlena decides she wants to speak with Stefano to plead with him for the release of everyone in the room (her, John, Jen, Jack baby JJ, Hope, Patrick, etc). I about leapt out of my chair the first time I saw it, then just LOL'ed at the reactions of everyone. Hee heee!!! Good stuff!!
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Oct 5 2013, 02:14 PM.

Mason

Vivian rolling around on Carly's grave, and the Devil using Sami to lure Marlena out of the church.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Definitely Marlena levitating from her bed as Silent Night is sung by those at St. Luke's.

MissLola
Member Avatar

When Cassie's dead body fell out of the Thanksgiving pinata. It was a scene straight out of a low budget slasher movie.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Also, Mary Anderson's murder by the Salem Strangler.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Would Carly's detox be considered "scary"? cause i was terrified during some of the security camera shots. ;)

jam6242
Member Avatar

For a storyline, I found the Salem Strangler story the scariest, especially the scenes in which we thought Jake was murdering Marlena (when the victim turned out to be Samantha) and when Jake tried again to murder Marlena at Don Craig's cabin.

For scary scenes, I have to go with Trish Clayton's step-father trying to rape her and one of her alters slamming him in the head with an iron and killing him.
Edited by jam6242, Oct 5 2013, 04:27 PM.

Dany_E

Kayla has a short dream at about 7:50 of this one of Harper (complete with that creepy Harper music they played whenever he was on and nutso). The way he comes out of the dark right at her... (shudder)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd8-fC4f6GY

T-Love74
Member Avatar

In the beginning of the possession storyline, Father Francis was in the hospital. Lexie went to check on him. He opened his eyes and they were glowing red. Lexie was horrified and he lunged for her throat. I thought he was really gonna kill her. But, then, Jonah came in and saved her. That scared the bejeezus outta me and my sister.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

When Laura Horton tried to commit suicide by hanging herself during the height of her mental instability in the late 70's.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Oct 5 2013, 05:00 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

When Carly was in the coffin
& Viv was taunting her

Cassie falling out of the piņata

Marlena creepy eyes when she was possessed

trojangal
Member Avatar

Peter's body in the coffin at the church but it
Turns out to be Daniel Scott.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

When Mimi was babysitting Claire, with the guilt hanging over her that she knew that Claire was Shawn's and not Philip's, and DollClaire turned into DemonicEyedBabyClaire. Can't find a YouTube clip, but that was weird freaky!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

I can't say that I've ever been scared watching Days of Our Lives. But when Marlena died during the possession I was mad because I thought she was really dead. That was before the internet and spoilers. I would have to say that Stefano was damn scary during the Maison Blanche story. Especially in this clip when he opens the door to the dungeon. Yikes! He was the man.

http://youtu.be/VdSoKbfHUFg

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Cassie falling out of that pinata. Eek.

Mar Devil's voice.

Caroline opening her eyes and speaking to someone while she was in her coffin during the Salem Serial Killer story.

Marlena's coffin falling to Hell (I guess that's where she was going) after she was killed during the SSK storyline.

And this won't be scary to anyone else, but I swear I was afraid of the dark until I was 8 years old because of this scene:

http://youtu.be/dGpUlEtFWSY

Under no circumstances should anyone be able to wake up form the dead. I knew that just wasn't right, lol. Also, I have a lot of baggage towards Marlena. Hmph.

MoreLucas
Member Avatar

All of ths salem stalker killings, exp Cassie's death was scary. When Kate came out screaming after finding out Roman was murdered. That still gived me chills. Also Hope finding out Zack died stil gives me chills.

Carly
Member Avatar

I thought the scenes where Maggie was "killed" by the Salem Stalker were super creepy. Those scenes had a great, old-fashioned horror movie feel to them.

Titus Andronicus
Member Avatar

All of buried alive. That was the storyline that got me into Days.

This is the scene mentioned earlier, Vivian rolling around in ecstasy.

Paradise to Hell, paradise to Hell, come in please...

- The finale of Maison Blanche: The hurricane, Roman discovering Stefano alive, then John and Marlena, Celeste creeping everybody out, the chase down the river, Hope falling overboard, Bo and Billie's romance being ruined, John showing back up at the house during the fire, Kristen discovering Stefano's alive, Tony being blinded...

- Is Marlena alive (1988)? Going back through the episodes, it's fairly obvious that Days had no intention of bringing Marlena back, but that's only part of it. It's a pretty good story about Roman being able to let go and how much Diana saw herself as competition to a dead woman. There's a few scenes to mess with everyone: Marlena's perfume, her favorite flowers being delivered, the story of the goblets, the blonde woman showing up occasionally in flashes, with her finally getting the better of Diana's curiosity.

The Carrie hologram in Stefano's lair during the latter part of that storyline looks extremely low-rent now, but possibly passed for creepy then.
Edited by Titus Andronicus, Oct 5 2013, 09:01 PM.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

the camera man's legs in the Kristen and Eric sex scenes

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply