Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR wants to know...; Favorite Scary Moments
Topic Started: Oct 5 2013, 01:53 PM (2,970 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

-Marlena levitating from the bed
-Cassie falling out of the pinata
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ifyouleavemenow

I've been lurking on the board for years but I had to join to weigh in on this!

The suspense of the Salem Stalker back in 2003 had me glued everyday and I couldn't miss a day. That being said, I think the scariest was Maggie being killed by the wine bottle. And then Mickey coming to try and save her and he was also attacked. They were always one of my favorite couples, so to see them be terrorized was gut-wrenching to me. The whole incident at their house scared me to death while watching it.

And as a kid growing up in the 90s, Marlena's possession was eerie as well, especially when she had her final standoff with John in the morgue and she was tossing him around everywhere.

Now that I think about it, not that this was particularly "scary" per se, but after all the Salem Stalker murders took place, Marlena was revealed to the town as the culprit and she had no idea of what ha happened. I just remember her being so dumbfounded and her telling John that she still loved him and you could see the fright in her eyes... Again, not really scary, but it must have been scary to realize to Marlena that she herself could possibly carry out these murders.

jdawg1077

i think what is scary is influenced how old we were when we watched the show. When I was a kid, I remember watching during the Salem Slasher story of 83-84. I still remember vividly being creeped out by Delia screaming with bloody hands after Renee's murder. And the images of the Roman and Eugene masks in the Slasher's hidden room with the hollowed-out eyes. I'm sure there were others from that time, but that story creeped me out as a child.

From more modern times, popular answers like Vivian burying Carly and Marlena's possession didn't scare me too much, if at all. I think the last time I felt the show was scary was in the first three months of the Salem Stalker storyline. Maybe it's because we knew that legacy characters were being killed off, and it added to the emotion of it. I think the height of the fright was Maggie's Halloween murder. The mood was so dark and so perfectly set from the murders of Abe and Jack. It was put together really well.

Nate
Member Avatar

-Cassie's death
-Maggie's death
-When a baby (either JJ or Hope/Bo/Lexie/Abe kid) fell out of the car and into a river.

Nate
Member Avatar

blueskies
Oct 6 2013, 10:20 AM
this scene when Marlena spits pea soup at John and then uses eye lasers to burn through the handcuffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKpB_w8t0U0
What the HELL. was this a dream scene!?!

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

The night on Halloween 2003 when the Salem Stalker "killed" Maggie. Hit her in the head with the liquor bottle :o .. that CREEPED me out so much when it happened lol

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Shick
Oct 16 2013, 09:54 PM
The night on Halloween 2003 when the Salem Stalker "killed" Maggie. Hit her in the head with the liquor bottle :o .. that CREEPED me out so much when it happened lol
Several years later the writers referenced it in a humorous way. I don't remember the context, but Maggie said to another character ... "I was more scared than I was the night Marlena murdered me." It sounded so ridiculous that it was a LOL moment and a nice dig at the ludicrous SSK storyline.
Edited by Renee Dimera, Oct 17 2013, 12:07 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

-Vivian rolling around Carly's grave as Carly realizes she's been buried alive.
-Silent Night - Marlena's Possessed
-Celeste & Mardevil's first meeting.
-Marlena is lured out of the Church by the devil.
-John & Mardevil's morgue fight.
-Maggie killed by the Salem Stalker.
-The Plane Crash (It was so real like it was scary.)

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Any Ejami scene. :)

Seriously though,Marlena floating over her bed and the devils voice that came out of her.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Saw a poll in the latest Soap Opera Digest that asked for the readers' favorite serial killer storyline. The Salem Strangler won by a large margin with 49% of the votes. The next closest from GH received 25% of the votes. Not bad for a 30+ year old storyline!

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Nate
Oct 16 2013, 08:59 PM
blueskies
Oct 6 2013, 10:20 AM
this scene when Marlena spits pea soup at John and then uses eye lasers to burn through the handcuffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKpB_w8t0U0
What the HELL. was this a dream scene!?!
When Marlena couldn't remember being the murderer, they explored many possibilites. Someone threw out it was possible she was possessed again, so they did a test... but somehow this "result" proved she wasn't possessed... I don't remember how they explained it

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply