Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's From the Vault: "Days" 1974 Press Kit; Features cast/crew info, biographies of all cast!
Topic Started: Oct 6 2013, 07:39 PM (539 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Here's the first page of the 1974 "Days" press kit released by NBC. For all the pages, please visit http://www.jason47.com/days/presskit1974.html

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Donovanfan

I didn't realize Joe Gallison had been on that long. I really like Neil Curtis. Thanks for sharing Jason!

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Donovanfan
Oct 6 2013, 10:19 PM
I didn't realize Joe Gallison had been on that long. I really like Neil Curtis. Thanks for sharing Jason!
Yes. His first episode was being the doctor when Addie gave birth to Hope!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I would give anything to go back and be able to see everything from 1965 - 1980. Doesn't Days have its entire broadcast history saved? They should really be looking into ways to make money off that instead of just letting them sit in a storage house - DVD's, iTunes, online broadcast, etc. I hope they do something for the 50th.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Oct 6 2013, 11:16 PM
Yes. His first episode was being the doctor when Addie gave birth to Hope!
Joe's first episode as Neil was 2/13/74...Ben Archibek appeared as Neil for one episode on 1/10/74, but Hope was born on the 1/11/74 episode with Dr. Mel Bailey as the doctor.

bygnedys

So Marie is not even mentioned in 1974, but she was part of the major story on the show when it started.

Keith
Member Avatar

bygnedys
Oct 7 2013, 11:04 AM
So Marie is not even mentioned in 1974, but she was part of the major story on the show when it started.
AFAIK, only current cast members for the time were included. It was a press kit. Why would past cast members and/or characters be mentioned?

Jason47
Member Avatar

bygnedys
Oct 7 2013, 11:04 AM
Marie was not seen from November 1973-April 1977, so she's not included in the press kit for 1974.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Interesting that it specifically says that Salem is a midwestern town. I know there's been some speculation about that. Guess they forgot Addie had died a few months previously (unless this was written months ahead of time). Thanks Jason!
Edited by jam6242, Oct 7 2013, 02:02 PM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Casey
Oct 6 2013, 11:27 PM
I would give anything to go back and be able to see everything from 1965 - 1980. Doesn't Days have its entire broadcast history saved? They should really be looking into ways to make money off that instead of just letting them sit in a storage house - DVD's, iTunes, online broadcast, etc. I hope they do something for the 50th.
That's a really good idea. GL did a book. Didn't ATWT do a dvd or was it another soap?

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Aliaron
Oct 7 2013, 07:34 PM
Casey
Oct 6 2013, 11:27 PM
That's a really good idea. GL did a book. Didn't ATWT do a dvd or was it another soap?
Soap Classics released episodes of both As The World Turns and Guiding Light in various DVD formats. I am so bummed that they are no longer operating. It had so much promise. They were actually going to stream episodes (full seasons!) in an online format until they lost the rights to them. B&B released two sets: "How it All Began" and "Most Shocking Moments".

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply