Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, October 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 8 2013, 12:56 AM (10,853 Views)
Donovanfan

Casey was amazing, and I have thought since the first day i saw him he could have easily been a young Jack. He's played the part of a grieving, troubled teen with such heart for a newcomer. If he doesn't' get nominated and win an Emmy for this role I will be truly pissed. Definitely an episode worth saving. The only thing that ruined it was Daniel in the scene and being the one to stop JJ. I would have given anything for anyone else to do it, but it is what it is.

Marlena made me laugh chasing after the thief. I hope he didn't use his personal cell phone to lure Marlena out of the club and that he was using a disposable cell phone. He didn't seem to bright or professional.

Thank God Nicole is getting the heck out of that rectory. I can not believe that Eric was so selfish as to not see what a great opportunity this is for Nicole to do something to better herself and give her life some direction.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Aliaron
Oct 8 2013, 09:32 PM
I think every woman on tge show except Hope is a rape victim.
Hope has been almost raped a few times.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Hope doesn't need Bo's permission to move on. - KA

camera shy
Oct 8 2013, 04:47 PM
But why the heck does Hope keep disappearing?
Because an asshole named Gary Tomlin (one of the writers) has an ax to grind with KA, he refuses to grow the hell up and get over it. Hope's only value these days are to be Salem's resident whipping girl, soundboard for the young-uns, pop up cop and/or Jennibore's babysitter. :sleep: Hope is not allowed to have an actual life of her own outside of those scenarios. Nor is she ever allowed to move on to new love interests (with or without Bo in the picture). :soapbox:

And I am so incredibly sick of it.
Edited by MissFancyFace, Oct 9 2013, 04:26 AM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Jason47
Oct 8 2013, 09:55 PM
concerned
Oct 8 2013, 05:25 PM
From the tweets thread.

"If an actor is no longer on a show but that show continues to use their picture (like Steve Burton as Jason on the Quartermaine mantel) does the actor get paid for the use of his image?

“Yes,” responds Valentini. “There is a nominal fee if the actor is no longer on the show.”

I was just thinking about this whether Mathew Ashford would be getting any money for his photo being shown all the time. He must almost be in the running for most looked at photo in Days history.
If it's a featured photo (not just in the background), yes. But I think from the rates I tracked down, it's $25 per episode for a photo.
So I'd there were eight photos of jack on the back of his book when jj trashed the bookstore would Mathew ash ford get $25 or $200 ?

concerned
Member Avatar

Ophelia
Oct 8 2013, 11:15 PM
Rosebud
Oct 8 2013, 09:26 PM
camera shy
In what police station do they let a person just arrested act out like that? You don't get to scream and yell in a police station without them really giving you something to scream and yell about.
LOL! It was more like a group therapy session.
Frankly, all the assault victims of Salem need to have one big group therapy session.
That wouldn't be healthy.

Ej raped Sami. Sami raped Austin.

concerned
Member Avatar

MissFancyFace
Oct 9 2013, 04:25 AM
camera shy
But why the heck does Hope keep disappearing?
Because an asshole named Gary Tomlin (one of the writers) has an ax to grind with KA, he refuses to grow the hell up and get over it. Hope's only value these days are to be Salem's resident whipping girl, soundboard for the young-uns, pop up cop and/or Jennibore's babysitter. :sleep: Hope is not allowed to have an actual life of her own outside of those scenarios. Nor is she ever allowed to move on to new love interests (with or without Bo in the picture). :soapbox:

And I am so incredibly sick of it.
If anyone should be the face of days hope is it for me.

It is just degrading to the whole brand of days for characters of the calibre of hope and Marlena to be playing chorus girls in the Sami choir. This wouldn't happen to Stephanie Forrester

concerned
Member Avatar

Donovanfan
Oct 9 2013, 12:10 AM
Casey was amazing, and I have thought since the first day i saw him he could have easily been a young Jack. He's played the part of a grieving, troubled teen with such heart for a newcomer. If he doesn't' get nominated and win an Emmy for this role I will be truly pissed. Definitely an episode worth saving. The only thing that ruined it was Daniel in the scene and being the one to stop JJ. I would have given anything for anyone else to do it, but it is what it is.

Marlena made me laugh chasing after the thief. I hope he didn't use his personal cell phone to lure Marlena out of the club and that he was using a disposable cell phone. He didn't seem to bright or professional.

Thank God Nicole is getting the heck out of that rectory. I can not believe that Eric was so selfish as to not see what a great opportunity this is for Nicole to do something to better herself and give her life some direction.
Kristen a help never is too bright.

I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to minions.

Bring back Marco please.

concerned
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 8 2013, 11:16 PM
concerned
Oct 8 2013, 05:51 PM
I don't understand the little girl references to Kristen's dress.

Who dresses little girls like that?
Lots of little girl dresses have those tiny cap sleeves. It's a classic princess dress up type dress. All she's missing is a big Little Kitty bow in her hair.
I can see where you are coming from with the cap sleeves but the overall overt trampiness of it sort of outweighed the sleeve detailing IMO

concerned
Member Avatar

I am just not getting the jack. Jj thing.

Sure the storyline is a bit of a repeat but I just don't get the same vibe from jj As I did from jack.
Jack always seemed much more internalised and cerebral.

He could be anyone's kid as far as I can see. I just don't feel there is a connection there yet.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Sable Colby
Oct 8 2013, 06:43 PM
Did Nicole look orange to anyone else today or was it just my TV? I would hate to think that whatever Dr. Dan has is spreading...
Not just you!!! To me her face looked pink an blushed too!

Yoryla
Member Avatar

concerned
Oct 9 2013, 04:47 AM

Sure the storyline is a bit of a repeat but I just don't get the same vibe from jj As I did from jack.

He could be anyone's kid as far as I can see. I just don't feel there is a connection there yet.
My thing is that I honestly can't say that I care about these characters. Aside from seeing MBE and JE doing wonderful work as Kayla and Adrienne in regards to this storyline, I'm just not that interested, lol.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Hope doesn't need Bo's permission to move on. - KA

concerned
Oct 9 2013, 04:35 AM
If anyone should be the face of days hope is it for me.

It is just degrading to the whole brand of days for characters of the calibre of hope and Marlena to be playing chorus girls in the Sami choir. This wouldn't happen to Stephanie Forrester
Yep. Ken Corday himself recently said in an interview that "Hope is one of the triumvirate", along side Jennibore and Sami. And what a load of K-RAP that is. Along with billions of other empty promises he has spewed.

I agree, longtime fan faves like Hope, Marlena, Kayla, etc. deserve so much better. Kate and Jennibore aren't being wasted on the back burner. So there is absolutely no excuse as to why other female characters in that age range continue to be shoved to the sidelines.

thepadange

Yoryla
Oct 9 2013, 04:51 AM
Sable Colby
Oct 8 2013, 06:43 PM
Did Nicole look orange to anyone else today or was it just my TV? I would hate to think that whatever Dr. Dan has is spreading...
Not just you!!! To me her face looked pink an blushed too!
I thought it was her natural suntan or more likely sunburn, actually.
Edited by thepadange, Oct 9 2013, 10:03 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

Yoryla
Oct 9 2013, 05:06 AM
concerned

My thing is that I honestly can't say that I care about these characters. Aside from seeing MBE and JE doing wonderful work as Kayla and Adrienne in regards to this storyline, I'm just not that interested, lol.
That's okay!

You feel how you feel. But me?

I have enjoyed it. I've been enjoying watching Casey Moss develop. I've really enjoyed watching Mary Beth and Judi be featured after years of waiting. They're good actresses and it's been so frustrating for me as a fan to always see them in the background, supporting others constantly, never allowed to react to anything personal, forever there to listen to everyone else, to care about everyone else, while no one ever seemed to even ask them how they're doing.

They need some attention too, and I'm SO glad they've been getting some. Let others take a backseat now and then!

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Albert Alarr
Scriptwriter: David Cherrill

Segment 1: Brady dreams that Eric tells him that he can't marry him and Kristen ... it would be a mistake. Kristen agrees with Fr. Eric. Seriously, don't do it! He wakes up and tells himself that was a crazy dream.

Nicole comes into the rectory. Eric asks if she did what he asked. Yes she did give some thought to whether or not she's leaving. Eric - So you've come to a decision. Nicole - Yes I have.

Kristen is in the club talking on her cell to a guy sitting at the bar. The woman is going to be here any minute. Do you have all the info? Guy - Grab her purse; make sure I get the flashdrive. What if she puts up a fight? Do I hurt her? Kristen - I don't know. Just do whatever it takes. She puts the phone down when Marlena comes up to her table. Well hello there. Come sit down. We have so much to talk about. The guy watches as Marlena hangs her purse over the chair.

Hope is at the hospital talking on her cell. Yes I'll take his statement. Look for my email. Hope sees Kayla and says Hey. Kayla - Hope, it's not a good time right now. Hope - What's going on? Kayla - I've just got to go ... I've got to take care of this. Hope - Wait, hold on a second. What's going on? What happened? Tell me what's wrong! Kayla - It's more than wrong. It's JJ. It's the worst possible thing. Hope - What? What happened! Kayla - He found out today that ... oh ... he's so upset and Daniel went out looking for him ... I just hope to God he finds him. I just ... I've got to find him.

Rory is lying on the bench outside the pub when Dan comes along. You. You're JJ's friend. Have you seen him! Rory is stoned. Dr. Dan? Dan - Yes. Have you seen JJ. It's important.

Abby comes home and finds Jen sitting in the living room holding the transcript. Abby - Mom, what's all that? Jen - It's the transcript from my trial. When I came home it was opened up like this to your Dad's testimony about raping Kayla. JJ was here and he read it. He knows.

Repeat of JJ smashing the window showcasing his Dad's book display. A bystander asks - WTH is the matter with you. JJ pushes him away and grabs potted plants and throws them at the store's door.

Kristen - So is this cool and civilized or what. You and I, we're a team. Who'd have thunk it! Marlena - Not I certainly. Kristen - I for one am very proud of us. Here we are trying to see the best in each other and I see a feisty woman with a lot of spunk. You have a lot of energy considering your age. Marlena - And I admire your energy too. Considering you've been persona non grata most of your life having these colossal setbacks yet here you are, you just keep on keeping on. Kristen - Did I tell you I didn't sleep a wink last night thinking about this party. I'm so excited. Marlena - Wow. I wonder where Sonny is. Kristen is sure he's on his way. Here's a list of hors d'oeuvres and of course we're going to have an open bar. Marlena - I was thinking champagne. Kristen - Oh gallons and gallons and gallons of champagne but we can't slight the martini lovers, can we. I'm so excited about this. I was actually considering making it a double celebration. Not just Sami and EJ's engagement but Sami's freedom. Marlena - Oh, I think that might be ... Kristen - Tacky, I know. How could we celebrate a woman who actually shot and killed a man and left his wife a widow and his little boy has no father for the rest of his life. Marlena - You seem to have made all of the arrangements so why don't we talk about the supper menu. Kristen gets a call. It's her henchman at the man. The place is almost empty; no witnesses. So get a move on unless you've changed your mind. Kristen - No, no changes.

Nicole - Well my decision is that I'm going to leave St. Luke's. I'm going to take the TV reporting job and hopefully St. Luke's loss is broadcast journalism's gain. Eric - So you thought this through. Nicole - Of course I thought it through. Why are you so resistant. I'm expendable. Eric - I don't see you that way. I think you're extremely good at what you do. I'm selfish. I like having you around. Nicole - Right back at you. Eric - You know my main concern is whether you're making this move for positive reasons. Nicole - Making more money is a positive, right? Eric - You know what I'm trying to say. I just have this feeling that you're running away and not towards something. So I want you to tell me why you're really leaving. Nicole - Look Eric, my time here, I haven't exactly been proud of the things I've done. Eric - Things? Can you talk about it? Nicole - Yeah. All the stunts that I've pulled, all the mistakes that I've made. I will regret those but you know what, I'm moving on because it's the best thing for me and even better for you.

Jen - So I found your brother's so called friends at the park, Rory and Bev, and they told me he was definitely trying to find out something about his father. And then Adrienne told me that he stopped by her house but she said he fooled her. She thought he knew for some reason. Abby - So she told him. Jen - No. She didn't tell him but she said maybe she had said something. She thought by the time he left he had figured it out. Abby - And then he came here. Jen - Yeah. Mr. Corman told me he saw JJ breaking into the house. When I walked in it was all out like this. Abby - He read what Dad said on the witness stand. OMG Mom, this is a nightmare. She tries calling him. Damn it. He won't answer. It's his voicemail. Jen - Oh God, I wish I knew where he was.

Dan tries to get an answer from Rory. Rory - I get it man. And he's like my friend and all but today ... WHOA man, so whacko! Dan - So you saw him. Rory - Yeah. Dan - Where was he going? Rory - We were in the town square together. I'm not sure ... Dan takes off running. Rory - Oh ... you're welcome.

The bystander tries to stop JJ who turns around and slugs him. JJ grabs another chair and breaks another window.

Segment 2: Eric - I really don't know how to take that. So why would your leaving be the best thing for me? Nicole - I know how dedicated you are to your work and having a better assistant would really help you out but don't worry, I'm going to find you a perfect one. I know I've quit on you several times but this time I'm going to do it right. So I'm giving you my two weeks ... but don't worry, I'm working with an employment agency who's already set up a few interviews so we're good. Eric - Okay. You know you really don't have to do that. Nicole - Yes I do and I've already seen a few good resumes and since I know the job inside and out I'm going to do the one on ones. Trust me, I'm going to find you a great assistant ASAP subject to your approval of course. Brady comes in. Nicole - I'm assuming you're here for Precana so I'm going to go (she pretends she's going to upchuck) and get my work done. She leaves. Brady - What is wrong with her! What was that all about. Eric - She's just trying to tie up some loose ends. Where's Kristen. Brady - She's probably on her way.

Kristen - Where in the world is Sonny! We can't just leave the list here for him. OMG, I have a Precana meeting today. I totally forgot about it! Marlena - Why did you ask me ... Kristen - Would you please wait here and give Sonny the deposit cheque please. Marlena - Well I can ... Kristen - Thank you so much. She leaves.

Justin comes into the living room of the K mansion and greets his wife. Hey honey. Adrienne - I'm glad you're home. Justin - Home, yes. I didn't think I'd miss the old place but I did. Mostly I missed my beautiful wife. He bends down to kiss her. Adrienne - Yes honey, I know. Justin - Adrienne, what's wrong? Adrienne - Have you talked to JJ today?

Jen rushes to open the door to Kayla and Hope. Have you heard anything? Kayla - Yes. Jen - What. Did he try to contact you. They go into the living room. Kayla - I think we need to sit down because this is going to be difficult ... Jen - Kayla, just tell me! What! Kayla - Look, I know that a long time ago you and I made a deal that you would be the one to tell JJ what happened. But he came to the hospital today and ... it's like he knew everything already. Jen - Yeah. He read the transcript of my trial. Kayla - I tried to convince him to come here and let you tell him about it but he wouldn't let it go. He forced me to confirm that ... Abby - No, no, no. Don't say it. Kayla - I am so sorry. Jen - No Kayla, don't you be sorry. Don't you ever ... you are the victim here. Kayla - No, I meant that I'm sorry JJ's now a victim too. To find out about his Dad like that ... Jen - I know Kayla. It's my fault. Hope - No, it's not your fault. Jen - Yes it is. I should have told him years ago. I told Abigail and it was hard but we got through it and I think that's what made us closer. But I never told JJ because he was always away and then Jack died. And then JJ came home and ever since then everything's been wrong. Kayla - There's never a good time to tell somebody this. Jen - It's been awful because I feel like I can't even talk to him now. But you saw him. Was he okay? How did he look? Kayla - Physically good; emotionally not so good. Hope reads a text on her phone and shakes her head.

JJ grabs all the books and once again shoves a guy aside before he starts heaving the books as far as he can. Dan runs up and tackles him to the ground. Hey, hey, hey STOP! JJ - Let me up or I swear to God I'm going to kill you.

Segment 3: Hope - Something is going down at the square. Probably a shoplifter or something. I don't know. The patrolmen will handle it but I'm the detective on call. I'm sorry, I've got to go. Hugs all around and then she leaves. Jen - I wish there was some way to contact him. Kayla - When he's ready I'm sure he's going to come here and talk to you about it. It's just that right now I think he's too upset. Abby - Mom, this is weird. I'm getting all these tweets ... OMG ... Store featuring Jack Deveraux's books smashed and trashed. Young kid goes berserk. Jen - What! It's JJ. They all take off.

Justin - When was JJ here? Adrienne - Not that long ago. He ... he ... Justin - I hope he wasn't try to convince you to let him move in because the best thing for him is to move back into the house. He needs his family right now. Adrienne - He didn't want to talk about staying here. He's awfully upset about something right now because I ... Justin - What? Adrienne - When he came by ... you know how he can be really charming ... Justin - Oh boy. Adrienne - He wanted to know something so we sort of ... cue f/b of part of JJ and Adrienne's conversation. I think I may have really messed things up again.

JJ - You S.O.B. I'm going to smash your face. Dan - Stop talking. Whatever is wrong you're not going to fix it by trashing the place. Two uniformed cops rush up. Calm down. No one's going to get hurt. He's fine, let him go. Dan gets up. Cop to JJ - Keep your hands around your back and we're going to pull you up. Do you understand me? They pull him up as Hope arrives and looks around. What the hell happened here? Other cop - Somebody doesn't like books. The bystander rushes up. I saw the whole thing. He was smashing windows and trashing the place. He punched me when I tried to stop him. Hope - Go with Ofc. Hamlin, he'll take your statement. JJ, do you want to tell me what happened here. Silence. Okay, we'll do this down at the station. The cop cuffs JJ. Hope - JJ, I'm sorry but you're under arrest. She gives him his Miranda rights.

Marlena mutters - Come on Sonny, at least text me. Kristen's henchmen leaves the club. Marlena dumps everything out of her purse and starts wiping things off - I don't know what spilled inside her purse. Outside the henchmen dials Marlena's cell. Dr. Marlena Evans? Marlena - Yes. Guy - I'm with Perfect Delivery Inc. I have a package for you from a John Black. My instructions are to hand deliver it. Where are you now please? Marlena - I'm at a club TBD. Do you know where that is? Guy - Yes ma'am. I'll meet you outside the entrance in 5 mins. Marlena - Sure.

Nicole is at the pub interviewing an older woman. Let me be upfront about the job. You have to really want to commit to watching over Fr. Eric, Fr. Matt, the sisters, sometimes the school kids and the parents. You pretty much have to give yourself over to the work. The woman is ready to do that. Nicole -
Are you sure? Because it's really hard work, all day, all night and not a lot of pay. You have to make St. Luke's run right or really don't apply. So are you cool with the drawbacks. Woman - I've admired Fr. Eric ever since he came to St. Luke's and of course Fr. Matt is everyone's favourite. Nicole - You're a parishioner. Woman - Yes. A retired nun ready to get back to work for the Lord. Nicole - That's wonderful. Thank you. We will be in touch. Nice to meet you. She leaves. Nicole - Hell no! A nun as an assistant; Eric would rather chew glass.

Kristen starts apologising for being late as soon as she arrives at the rectory. I had that meeting with your mother about the engagement party. She hates being late; she feels like she's failing people. Where do you want to start? Eric suggests that they all take a chair. Eric - Kristen, the last time you spoke so eloquently about how much you love Brady and why. Kristen - That was really easy to do. Eric - And I'm sure he loved hearing it. After that I thought Brady was the one who truly opened up on the deeper issues that you two might be having. He was painfully honest. I think you both came out of the session stronger. Now it's your turn. As you approach the wedding do you have any hesitation, any secrets that you may be keeping.

Marlena steps outside the club and the henchman tries to grab her purse. Marlena struggles with him - What do you think you're doing!

Segment 4: Nicole is on her cell in the pub. You are an employment agency for pete's sake. Do you not screen these people! Okay, the last guy was great on paper as long as you overlook the fact that he's blind. And really, an ex-nun. Devotion to God is not part of the job description, believe me, I know. And the next applicant, no show. Great, now we're back to square one. She hears someone clear their throat. Never mind, she's here. I'll call you back. Nicole holds up her tablet and reads the woman's resume. She keeps making remarks about everything on the resume. It's obvious she likes what she sees. She then looks up and sees a beautiful, striking blonde. No. I'm sorry. You can't work for Eric honey. You're going to have to get another job okay. Thanks.

Justin - It sounds like JJ played you. He's very adept at that. Adrienne - He just seemed so sincere. Justin - He's adept at that too. Adrienne - I really thought he knew; I mean, not everything, but most of it. And then I talked to Jen and she said he didn't know a thing about Jack and Kayla, not a thing. Justin - When do you tell your son something like that. Adrienne - Plus she said since he's been back from England he's been so alienated and so angry. But Justin I'm afraid of what he's going to do when he does find out. Her phone rings. It's Jen. Hey Jen. How's JJ? Have you talked to him? He's here. We'll be right there. She turns to Justin. We have to go to the police station. JJ's been arrested.

JJ is led into the squad room. Hope - You have some cuts on your hands. Do you want me to send for a doctor. Silence. She tells the beat cop - I've got this. She takes JJ's arm. Come on, let's sit down. This is off the record, when we're on the record I'll make sure you have an attorney. But right now this is family. Just you and me JJ. What happened out there? Silence. Hope - Hang in there. You'll get through this. Dan walks up. I tried calling Jennifer but her batteries must be dead. Hope - She's on her way. How's that bystander that got cut. Dan - He's fine. He didn't need stitches. I cleaned him up. He went back to the office. Hope - Good. Can we take your statement? What did you see? Dan - Actually I was late to the scene so ... the other guy that was there walks up ... I saw the whole thing. That kid was totally whacko. He could have killed somebody smashing things, punching people. You should have him tested for drugs. He's nuts. Hope - Dillon, get this guy's statement. Kayla, Abby and Jen arrive. JJ just shakes his head. Kayla - Can you tell us what happened Daniel? Jen goes to JJ. What happened? JJ - Go for it Jonas. You always know everything, right? You've wanted to see me in jail since Day 1 so why don't you tell them all about it.

The struggle continues. Let go, bitch. The guy finally gets the purse and takes off. Marlena - Oh no you don't. She chases after him.

Kristen - I've always been afraid to trust anyone. I guess that's not shocking considering my last name is DiMera, right? My childhood was ... wow ... and my various relationships with men ... kind of disastrous nightmares. And I felt that women are unreliable. And then I met and fell in love with you and your love was so complete and so total and your trust and your forgiveness ... I don't even have words except to say that I am not as afraid as I used to be to trust. That little smile of his is his way of letting me know that he loves me and that I'm safe. He changed my life because he made me hope that I can love and that I can have happiness. And the most amazing thing of all is that I'm actually starting to believe that I deserve those things and that's just incredible. I know that I had those plans to hurt people and that was horrible of me. Keeping secrets ... there's something that both of you need to know. I've been keeping a secret.

Segment 5: Justin and Adrienne arrive. Abby - I'm not asking why JJ. I know why. What happened? Kayla - Everyone here is just trying to help you. Jen - Are you okay? Are you alright? Abby - What happened JJ? JJ stands up. Now's your chance Jonas. Go for it. Score some points. Tell them what a piece of crap I am and that I never do anything right. I'm a born criminal. Go ahead. Justin - JJ, I've got to say something here. I'm still your lawyer and I need you to listen to me very carefully. Do not answer any questions from anybody. In fact I suggest that everyone here just stay silent. JJ - Oh right, 'cause that's what you do best, isn't it. He yells at Jen - You say nothing.

Kristen - Don't look like that please. I know we said we're not going to keep secrets and here I am admitting to one. But aren't some things supposed to be private. I know that if we're going to work we have to be honest and you were completely truthful with me so I need to be completely truthful with you. I did something behind your back and it started a long time ago. I find this slightly terrifying. I'm afraid that if I tell you I might lose you again.

Nicole happens to get off the park bench just as the henchman comes along. He's knocked to the ground. Damn. He looks around. Oh for God's sake.

JJ walks up to Daniel. You make me sick, all of you. Justin - JJ, listen to me. Anything you say can be used against you. JJ - I don't care anymore. Why should I! Maybe I should go to jail. At least in jail ... Justin snaps - Son, listen to me. JJ yells - I'm not your damn son. Leave me alone. Justin - I just meant ... JJ - No, you're a liar just like the rest of them the only difference is that you get paid for it. My God, you're all such hypocrites jumping on my case whenever you get the chance because I'm not good enough. I'm the disappointment. I'm the loser, the screw up home from London. Getting kicked out of school, trashing people's things, stealing, doing drugs, dealing drugs, breaking the law. Justin - JJ ... JJ - Don't forget lying, huh. No way, can't forget those damn lies, right? 'Cause you guys are all so perfect. You don't lie, do you? Oh wait, I just heard Aunt Kayla that you've been lying to me since the day I was born. Jen - Honey, please, I'm begging you ... stop. JJ - You all knew how I felt about my Dad. All of you knew how I felt about my Dad, great guy. Oh, the greatest. A couple of flaws sure but a total hero. Hell, he died saving my sister's life. So I go around telling everyone what a fantastic father I had and every single one of you knew the truth and you didn't say a damn word. You had years to tell me but you didn't. And I'm supposed to be the screw up. I'm supposed to be the one who doesn't do anything right. You ... what do you always do ... you let me go on swallowing the big lie. Who finally tells me the truth. Who do I finally turn to ... Aunt Kayla, I am so, so sorry for what he did. I still can't believe it. I can't believe that he raped you. I'm sorry ... sorry. Dan looks shocked.

Segment 6: Nicole - Listen fella, you really need to keep your eyes on the road. This tablet cost me more than I made in a week and ... Guy - Shut the hell up. Keep moving. Nicole - Excuse me for my very existence. If you think I'm going to help you ... Guy - I said shut the hell bitch. Marlena yells - Somebody stop him. He's a thief. The guy takes off running.

Kristen - I went to see a specialist, a doctor and I kept it from you. I'm okay. It's not like that. When you brought up the possibility of adopting a baby I started fantasising about being pregnant, having your baby. I can't get pregnant but there's been so many medical advances so I thought I'd take a shot, check it out. But I always knew conceiving would be a long shot but after seeing the doctor, well long shot is kind of optimistic. Brady - I'm sorry. It's okay. I don't understand why you wouldn't share this me. Kristen - I didn't want you to get all excited, get your hopes up. I didn't want to fail you. I don't ever want to fail you. I know that you would make such a great Dad. I saw that when you were showing me the adoption pamphlet and everything. You were so excited about raising a baby with me. Brady - I still am. I still want to. Kristen - You have to understand something. The chances of me conceiving are highly unlikely. You need to know that in your soul, do you understand. He does. Brady doesn't care. If we adopt a baby fine. If you want to go through fertility treatments, we'll do it. If none of it works and you're happy, I'm okay with that. You're all I want. They kiss.

JJ - Nothing I can say can ever make it right Aunt Kayla, ever. For what my Dad did I hope he's screaming in hell. At least I know that you had a reason not to tell me but the rest of you ... nobody here gets a pass. You hear me! You're all a bunch of liars. From now on I don't want anything to do with any of you anymore. Not that you give a damn. You all hate the big screw up anyway. Abby - JJ, that's not true. JJ - I'm the one that screws up everything. I'm the one that's always getting in trouble. Oh but you guys, you're just so perfect. What a kind, loving, honest family. Oh wait, hold on. My kind, loving, honest family told me they'd rather have me sleep on the street then come stay with them. Jen - We do love you, of course we do. JJ - You shut the hell up. You're just another liar that said that she wants the truth. Oh my so called family. You guys are all strangers to me just like my Dad ... just like my Dad. He starts kicking at the furniture so a couple of cops grab him and pin him to a desk.

Segment 7: Hope rushes into the squad room. Let him go. I've got it. Let him go right now Ofc. JJ, we're going to take you downstairs now. You'll be booked then spend the night in jail. You'll be arraigned tomorrow. Justin - Hope, JJ and I need to talk before you start ... JJ - Why don't you go to hell with the rest of the liars. Hope - Let's go. Jen touches JJ. He snaps - Get away from me. Don't touch me. JJ is led out.

Eric - The kind of honesty you showed was exactly what was needed. The sessions are to help you get a handle on your problems before the wedding and that's what you've done. Brady is glad they did it but the question still remains, now that we've done what you asked us to do, will you marry us?

Marlena rushes up to Nicole. He's got my bag. Nicole - He threw it right here. Nicole calls 911 while Marlena starts picking up her things. The camera pans to the flashdrive which ended up under some leaves.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Romancer66

concerned

Well, Jack was about 8 or 9 years older than JJ when he turned to the dark side and then found out about his origins and Harper being a serial killer. So, naturally, he'd be more cerebral and (slightly) more contained than an immature teenage boy. He was also ambitious from an early age, partly because of Harper pushing him hard, partly because he had a lot of drive. JJ isn't well-formed in that regard. I have absolutely no idea what this kid wants to do with his life, beyond lash out at the world and flout his mother's authority (not that she doesn't deserve some of that grief for neglecting him for years). That's actually something that disappoints me about both Deveraux kids: they lack the direction their parents had at roughly the same age. Jack wanted to succeed, Jennifer wanted to make a difference in the world--eventually their goals coalesced and they became a formidable team. There were suggestions under MarDar that Abigail had journalistic leanings, but TomSell wiped those out in favor of having her waffle between two boring suitors and interfere constantly in her mother's post-Jack love life. And JJ peddles drugs because ... it's such a great, long-term career prospect? :rolleyes: Come to think of it, with the exception of Sonny, who owns his own business, the teen and 20something crowd is all coming across like a bunch of aimless slackers. Which doesn't make them at all interesting.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Oct 9 2013, 12:43 AM
Aliaron
Oct 8 2013, 09:32 PM
I think every woman on tge show except Hope is a rape victim.
Hope has been almost raped a few times.
I would still argue that the subsex was rape.

KAM

Mitchapalooza
Oct 8 2013, 05:37 PM
Yoryla
Oct 8 2013, 05:19 PM
Mitchapalooza
Oct 8 2013, 10:28 AM
Love them...and I will never forgive those two c.unts MarDar for absolutely BUTCHERING their returns and RUINING them!
I don't get this. Am I really in such a disagreement over Carrie and Austin with everyone, lol? I mean, for me, when they were first brought back I couldn't care less. But once I saw how they started the Cafe and Abby/Austin storylines on a slow burn, I was riveted!

How can people say this couple was butchered, since they ultimately got back together and had a baby??? Lmao! That's the happy ending of happy endings.
The difference is I absolutely HATED Cafe and hated how they destroyed the Caustin relationship and basically turned Austin in a raging vagina.

Austin scrapbooking while Carrie cheats with Rafe in her office? Not ever in any realm is that believable to me.

I liked the Austin/Abigail thing, but only from the Abigail perspective. I know Austin has typically been portrayed as a "dumb" character, but still.

Outside of that, I really hated how the show just quit on Caustin and didn't do anything to try and re-establish THEM as the rooting couple.

MarDar decided Caustin was over and Cafe would be the rooting couple (history be damned!)....I absolutely HATED that and it was because of the Rafe propping at the time.

The entire Cafe thing also HEAVILY cheapened Carrie as a character...they did nothing to redeem Carrie from the absolute HORRID writing she got under JER (or was it Sheffer) 2nd run.
I agree that Carrie had horrible writing on her return before last. I think the bulk of the damage was done by Sheffer as he developed the JER set up.

And I agree that Caustin was butchered in the end last time out, too. But I'm thinking that the worst stuff at the end that hurt the couple's fans the most was rewritten MarDar done by TomSell.

As you wrote in another post, the baby was a bittersweet story beat at best. What should have been a gift of great joy to Caustin fans was reduced to a plot point to usher them off screen and make Carrie feel obligated to keep a family with Austin.

IMO the single most horrible thing done to Caustin as a couple was having heart broken Carrie tell Rafe she was staying with Austin...BUT if only she and Rafe had met so much earlier things would have been so much different.

AARGH!!! In that one line, all the glorious history of Caustin that gave them so many fans over so many years was being undone. It made me glad that Carrie was going away. I just didn't want to see her any more.
Edited by KAM, Oct 9 2013, 01:20 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

concerned
Oct 9 2013, 04:44 AM
Rosebud
Oct 8 2013, 11:16 PM
concerned
Oct 8 2013, 05:51 PM
I don't understand the little girl references to Kristen's dress.

Who dresses little girls like that?
Lots of little girl dresses have those tiny cap sleeves. It's a classic princess dress up type dress. All she's missing is a big Little Kitty bow in her hair.
I can see where you are coming from with the cap sleeves but the overall overt trampiness of it sort of outweighed the sleeve detailing IMO
Yea, it was a strange mix. I think because it was so tight it also kind of made it look like a little girl dress, but too trampy with the cleavage. I dunno, it was just a bad look, LOL and why he chooses to dress like that to meet with Eric is astounding.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

HJBJDJ
Oct 8 2013, 08:47 PM
I watched JJ's scenes from the past few days.. first scenes of DAYS I've seen in almost 1.5 years. JJ reminds me so much of Jack 1988. He has made all sorts of his own mistakes and his whole world is rocked and shattered finding out his whole life he's been lied to, kept in the dark, the truth hidden from him and from everyone who claims to love him.

As Jack said after finding out he was adopted, :Why didn't anyone love me enough to tell me the truth?"

I could see JJ saying the same.

The same issues of finding out an idolized father is not who you thought he was and trying to understand how the father you knew and loved could be the same monster who commited the crime(s)

JJ is Jack all over again.

How I wish Jack were here, with writers that would care to show his part of this story. Jack's worst fear coming true, his children finding out his awful secret.

This is exactly my GF said when we were watching..."JJ is Jack all over again"....and it hit me....YES YES YES!!

Good job by TPTB on that!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply