Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 11 2013, 12:41 AM (11,658 Views)
Rosebud
Member Avatar

PatNS
Oct 11 2013, 01:56 PM
Sami's little speech at the beginning had me ROTFLMAO ... one thing she learned this year is that EJ DiMera is a real man ... uh, I don't think so. He was never really a man but since Stefano emasculated him his lack of manhood is pretty much a fact now.

LOL!!! I think I saw a tiny bulge in Stefano's pocket, where he must keep Elvis' balls.

I hope you are wrong about the John mention being the end of John and Marlena, because after Kristen's nastiness Is revealed I'm done with this show if they don't bring John back.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 11 2013, 02:29 PM
Nicolerox
Oct 11 2013, 02:25 PM
gailwinters
Oct 11 2013, 12:51 PM
I see Galen is falling back on his "sniff and smug" acting technique. I much preferred his coma.
Me too.

If there has been another more useless, worthless, character or talentless actor, than Rafe or Galen, then I've never heard of it.

Daniel comes to mind.
And Elvis.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 11 2013, 11:05 PM
camera shy
Oct 11 2013, 12:33 PM
Why do they dress AS in dresses so tight that you can see every lump and bump?
I like the dress, but not on her. She doesn't have the arms for it. I didn't like her hair either.

She has a good body, and she's obviously worked hard for it, so I don't understand why they dress her so badly. Classic clothes. That FIT.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kinay
tomsawyer
Oct 11 2013, 12:32 PM
ROTFLMAO - EJ getting down on one knee to shake Rafe's hand and welcome him to the party like he's a little kid.
EJ still is and will always be threatened by Rafe , not because of Sami but because he knows Rafe is the better man. The guy was in a coma and paralyzed and still EJ feels the need to antagonize him. Love how Rafe is not bothered by EJ's attempts to belittle him every chance he gets. Makes EJ look even more pathetic.
Elvis doesn't need anyone to make him look pathetic.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Oct 11 2013, 02:45 PM
Kinay
tomsawyer
ROTFLMAO - EJ getting down on one knee to shake Rafe's hand and welcome him to the party like he's a little kid.
EJ still is and will always be threatened by Rafe , not because of Sami but because he knows Rafe is the better man. The guy was in a coma and paralyzed and still EJ feels the need to antagonize him. Love how Rafe is not bothered by EJ's attempts to belittle him every chance he gets. Makes EJ look even more pathetic.
Rafe came across as pretty bitter to me. He's just as ego driven as EJ. Too bad that the acting/writing can't make me have a little compassion for Rafe. He's so unnecessary to the story.
What story? :shrug:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

MissLola
Oct 12 2013, 09:01 AM
I seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere. I thought I was reading the Friday discussion thread. But it seems I ended up in some fanfic thread. What happened? :shrug:
If anyone and their posts are bothering you click on their name to get to their profile and on the left hand side is a menu where blocking aka ignoring them is an option. If you think a post is breaking the rules report it instead of replying and spurring conversation that will probably get trashed anyway.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Steven Williford
Scriptwriter: Richard Culliton

Segment 1: Cam lets Chad know that he knows that Chad is lying about having a brain tumour. He called the hospital in L.A. that is doing the trial treatment that he's supposed to be taking. It's all coming together now. You didn't want Abigail to know because it wasn't true, right? I broke up with her because I was concerned about your state of mind. But guess what, the lies end today.

Will is making sure the babysitter has everybody and their dogs number. Ari cries so the sitter goes to tend to her. Sonny and Will kiss.

Rafe - Guess what. I've finally been downgraded to a rehab patient but I'm still stuck in this damn bed. It's okay because at 7:45 on the dot a candy striper is going to come in here and ask if I want an apple juice or a magazine. And you want to know what else ... TV. It sucks. It's all reality TV. I hate my reality. Why would I want to watch that on TV. Kate has her Tablet out. I'll find you something to watch on Hulu that is really nice and violent. Rafe - No, because I'm breaking out of here tonight.

Marge can't go through with it. She sets the gun down.

EJ continues nattering. Sami has to add her 2 cents. If nothing else her sappy speech gave me the best laugh this show has given me in ages ... and the icing on the cake ... it made Stefano chuckle as well.

Kate tells Rafe that the two of them aren't cut out for R & R. She talks about when she had cancer and how much she hated waiting to start her life again but she did. And look how much joy and happiness I've brought to the world ever since. Rafe - You did actually bring me some joy ... a lot of joy. Didn't even see it coming. Kate - You need to get your strength back. You really are making progress. Rafe scoffs - I fall down when I try to walk. Kate offers to get him Home Care if he wants to go back to his loft. Rafe isn't letting her pay for Home Care for him. Kate - Alright. You'll just have to take comfort in the fact that Jordan ... Jordan, who makes Jillian from the Biggest Loser look like a pussycat, she thinks you're making progress. And she's right behind me, isn't she? Jordan - Well you're not always wrong.

Marge picks up her Tablet and talks to Sami's picture. You and EJ are the ones who should suffer. You should know what it feels like to lose what Timmy and I have lost. She puts the gun in her purse and leaves the house.

Will and Sonny finally arrive at the party and apologise to EJ and Sami for being late. EJ actually tells the truth when he says they didn't miss anything. Will thinks everyone is having a good time except Stefano. EJ says that's because Sami put him in his place. Will likes that Sami is giving Stefano a hard time. Stefano is the only one here that isn't on their side. Stefano goes to Marlena. Well, well, well, if it isn't the Queen of the Night. It's nice that we bumped into each other. We haven't had a chance to talk. Marlena - I know. I thought it was too good to be true. Stefano - You and your daughter have exactly the same sense of humour. Salut. Marlena - Do you think she was joking about something. Stefano - Something just dawned on me. Since Elvis and Samantha are together, we are family. So I wish you would come by the house sometime, have dinner, see the children, catch up on things. Marlena - Great. I think on the 5th of never. She walks away. Abby tells Gabi she's going to find Chad. Gabi tells her that Cameron wanted to talk to Chad alone. She doesn't know about what but it seemed very important.

Chad - This whole thing is none of your business and what the hell were you doing checking up on me like that. You are my doctor, the doctor who discovered the tumour in the first place. You have an obligation ... Cam - To what? Cover for you; to back up your lies. How about the 2 of us go in there and tell Abigail the damn truth. Chad - I told you I don't want Abigail to know anything about this. Cam - And I'm pretty sure I know why. I should have known there was something false about this whole thing. This lie has to end. EJ comes out. What's going on here?

Segment 2: Marge is in the square. She pulls the gun out of her purse and looks around.

Rafe - One thing you should know about Kate is she only insults people she cares about. Jordan doesn't think being compared to Jillian Michaels is an insult. Kate - Actually I'm really glad you're here because your patient is going absolutely crazy threatening to break out. I think the sane thing to do would be to authorize that field trip you were talking about. Rafe - I have cabin fever real bad and I think it could negatively impact my recovery. Kate - OMG this is a dire situation; he's using impact as a verb. Jordan - And what would you want to do on this field trip? Rafe - I don't know. Breathe fresh air. As much as I hated testifying against Sami it was great for me to get out. Jordan - If you do leave the hospital I'd have to go with you. Rafe - Okay, let's do it. I'll buy you a beer. Kate - Let's do it. Jordan - Right now? Kate - What? You have a hot date? Come on, it's a joke. Rafe - Not to get personal but maybe some time off campus might do you a lot of good. Kate - The three of us having a beer together. I can not think of anything that's been more exciting. Rafe - So what do you say?

Sonny wants to go check on some things. Will doesn't want him to do. You're my date, I want you to be with me. Sonny will be right back. Will calls the sitter to check in. Stefano walks up - You're a very devoted father. Will - Thank you. Stefano - Now that your mother is living with us I want you to understand something. You and that lovely little girl are welcome in my home anytime whatsoever and that also includes the young Mr. Kiriakis. Will - Thank you. Stefano - You are very fortunate. You have a wonderful friend for business and a lovely friend for your life. Will - I know. Sonny - Thank you. Stefano - Of course your father and my son ... it doesn't work out too well, does it? Enough is enough. We might as well just bury the hatchet. Ciao. Will - Let's hope he doesn't bury the hatchet in your dad's back.

Sami goes up to Abby and Gabi. She thanks Gabi for coming to her party; she knows it must be weird. Gabi - Seeing that you're marrying someone else besides my brother. It's a little weird but the most important thing is that you're happy. Sami thanks Abby for coming; she knows she's going through a lot. And you're here with Chad. Where's Chad? Where's EJ for that matter?

Chad tattles to EJ - He's accusing me of lying about my tumour and treatment. Cam - He is lying. I spoke to the hospital in L.A. that administers the protocol. EJ gets on his high horse and lectures Cam and lies to his face saying that he paid for his brother's treatment and the doctors in L.A. don't want anyone to know that they let this rich guy because of a donation he made. If you push this I will personally take it upon myself to end your medical career. You will spend the rest of your life making a living on the 5's and 10's that bored housewives stick in your G-string. Do we understand one another?

Segment 3: EJ continues threatening Cam trying to make himself feel like a man. Chad pretends to be sick. EJ rants. Cam goes back inside. Chad and EJ celebrate their lies.

Kate, Jordan and Rafe are in the square. When they see the boarded up windows Kate comments - Seems like Sami's been window shopping again. Rafe - It looks like someone lost their mind. Jordan - It looks like we're going to have to find a new place for our field trip. Do you think the café is still open? Rafe - I've got an idea. Back away Jordan. Jordan - Why? Kate puts her hand on Jordan's so Jordan lets go of the wheelchair. Rafe wheels it around. Kate - Bravo Detective. Rafe - How about that coach! Jordan - It's very impressive and it's good you keep building your upper body strength just in case. Rafe - In case what? In case I'm stuck in this thing the rest of my life.

Marlena and Caroline look over at Will with Sonny. Caroline - He's so happy. Marlena - I remember that smile looking at me from his bassinet. Caroline - I don't think it could possibly be the same smile. They laugh. He's not a little boy anymore. He's a father and he has a life long partner. Marlena - He's lucky to have such a good partner.

Kate - Good going coach, you really know how to brighten up a party. Jordan - Rafe, with the progress you're making, there's no reason to believe that you'll be confined to a wheelchair. Kate - Then why did you say it? Jordan - You're right, I shouldn't have. My job is to consider all the possibilities no matter how remote but I shouldn't have said it. I'm sorry. Rafe - Are you? Good. Prove it. Buy me a beer!

Cam joins the ladies and tells Gabi that they should go. Gabi - Why? Cam says he has to work early tomorrow. I'm sorry. Sami understands. Gabi says goodnight. Chad walks up. What's going on? Gabi says that she and Cameron are leaving. Chad - It would mean a lot to me if you stayed. I'm serious. I know this is my brother's party but I'd like my friends here too. Cam - That's fine. After Gabi and Cam walk away Abby asks Chad what's going on. What did the two of you talk about?

Marge puts her gun back in her purse and starts walking.

Chad lies and tells Abby that Cam wanted to talk about Theo and how he's doing, nothing major. Abby - And he had to do that privately? Chad - I think he thinks that things changed when I moved back in with my family and I'm pretty sure Abe didn't think it was a swell idea. I think it was good. I think Cameron and I cleared the air. Abby - Great. Chad - Now I want you to enjoy the party. Sonny apologises to Sami and EJ. The cake is still not here. I know you wanted to announce the date. EJ, there's really nothing that can spoil this party. Sami looks at the entrance ... so does Stefano who mutters, What the hell is she doing here!

Segment 4: Kate holds the door open for Jordan and Rafe. Everyone stares. Stefano - The nerve of the ... EJ walks over and holds out his hand to Rafe. Welcome. We didn't realise you'd be able to make it to the celebration. Kate - Did you really think that we knew this was going on. We were going out for a beer and the café happened to be closed. EJ - Well you're welcome to have a beer here or anything else you may wish to drink. Darling, look Raphael is here. He's out and about which is truly an inspiration. Rafe - Let's get the hell out of here. Sami - Rafe ... Kate - It turns out he's really picky about who he drinks with. Rafe sees Stefano - On second thought why don't we stick around. Beer actually sounds good besides I wouldn't want to be rude.

Marge is outside the DiMera mansion. One more time she checks her gun and then rings the doorbell. Harold answers. May I help you? Marge - That depends. Are EJ and Sami at home?

Sami - Not that I want to question your judgement but before you invited Rafe to stay for a beer don't you think you should have sent your father to ... I don't know ... Outer Mongolia. EJ - Who knows? Maybe it will help them move on. Sami - You think this is funny. EJ - I may have to live in his house; I may have to do his bidding but Rafe can say whatever he wants to the old ... gentleman. Jordan brings Kate and Rafe a beer to their table and tells Gabi she'll be right back with her wine. Gabi - Are you sure that this is a good idea. Rafe - Yeah, it's okay. Ask Jordan. One beer is not going to hurt me. Gabi - You know that I'm not talking about that. Rafe - Look at that, the happy couple doesn't look so happy. Gabi - Maybe they're just tense now that you're here. Kate - You think! Rafe - But I'm all about letting bygones be bygones. Marlena comes over to Rafe. I'm so happy to see you out and about. Kate, can I talk to you? They go to the bar. Marlena - I don't recall seeing your name on the guest list. Kate - Trust me, this is not my idea. Sami scoffs - I find that hard to believe. Kate - Oh really. Do you think I want to raise a glass to you and EJ? You're not exactly two of my favourite people. Sami - But I know you'd be happy ruining my party. You should get Rafe out of here. Kate - Sami, you are positively radiant tonight. Sami - We both know it's not a good idea. You know what Stefano did the last time he found out about the two of you. Kate - Rafe is the one who wanted to stay. Sami - Fine, at least he doesn't know what Stefano tried to do to him. Rafe stares at Stefano and recalls EJ telling him exactly what Bernardi was going to do to him. Sami goes to EJ. I think something awful is going to happen; I just know it.

Harold - I'm sorry. Mr. DiMera and Miss Brady are not at home. Is there something that I can help you with. The phone rings. Harold answers. The cake for the engagement party. No, it's going to Chad DiMera's club. Club TBD. Yes that's the name. That's where the party is being held. He goes back to the door to find Marge gone.

EJ - Just remember none of this matters - Father, Rafe, Kate. As long as we're together nobody is going to ruin our happiness.

Segment 5: Will sits down across from Rafe. Is this your idea of a good time. Rafe - Are you worried that I'm going to make a scene. Will - No. I'm worried about you. Why don't we grab some more beers and go outside and get some fresh air. Rafe - Thanks but no thanks. Will - I know this is hard for you but I want you to know that I genuinely feel that my mom is happy where she's at right now. Rafe - Yeah, of course, because EJ's changed, Stefano's mellowed, they're good guys now. Will - I don't know. Maybe today they are. Rafe - No such luck. Listen, I appreciate you coming to talk to me and I appreciate you being worried about your mom's happiness but guess what, so am I. We've been through a lot and I actually feel like I owe her. She defended me when I was unable to defend myself. Unfortunately I can't do that for her now.

Marlena is outside talking on her cell. I'm very glad you called and I'll check on you tomorrow. Will comes out and joins her. They hug. Marlena tells him she's been missing him just a little bit. Will - Sorry, busy with the baby. They talk about how things are going in Will's household. Marlena - It makes me so happy to see you so happy. Will - Vice versa. Speaking of you being happy, how are you and John.

Marge walks past the gates to the square. She talks to a photo of Joe on her cell. I'm sorry it's come to this but if the law won't make Sami Brady and EJ DiMera pay for what they did I will. Her cell rings. Timmy, is that you?

Sami sits down across from Rafe. Sami - I just wanted to say I'm really happy to see you outside of the hospital. You look like you're doing better then when I barged into your PT room. Rafe - Stronger every day. Sami - Good. I should probably get back to my guests. Rafe - Good luck to you and the kids. I mean it. Sami - I know you do. She leaves and Stefano walks over. You really have lost a lot, haven't you? Rafe - Yeah I have but I still have all my working parts. Stefano - You seem to look a little pathetic to me. Rafe - And you, you look like a broken down equipment manager jealous of a guy who can still swing a bat. Stefano chuckles. At least you still have your tongue. Rafe - I told you I wasn't going to rest until I was on my feet coming after you. Stefano - I'll be waiting but I won't hold my breath.

Segment 6: Will - You still love John, don't you? Marlena - Sometimes love isn't enough. Will - But you two have been through so much together. Marlena - I know we have but now instead of being a team it seems we've become separate individuals. Will - Have you heard of this new thing called counselling. Marlena - Have you heard of a boy being fresh. Clearly counselling works a whole lot better when one of the parties decides to stay living in the United States and not live in Europe. So I'm sorry to say it but I think we can't make it work. Will - Are you okay with that? Marlena - I have to be okay because that's what is. Will - I'm sorry. Marlena - I know. I'm sorry too. They hug.

Chad talks to Abigail and says something outrageous. When she looks at him and says what he tells her he knows her mind is somewhere else right now. What can I do? Abby - You're doing it.

Caroline stands next to Stefano. As I said, someday ... Stefano - I know, I know. It will all come back to haunt me. Caroline - Haunt you? It'll bite you in the ass. Kate returns to Rafe's table. I saw Stefano talking to you. What did he want? Rafe - Just to get under my skin. Kate - That's it, we're leaving. Rafe - I didn't say that he succeeded. Jordan returns. Kate - We're leaving. Jordan - Fine. EJ calls everyone to attention. EJ talks about his and Sami's relationship and how they always find their way back to each other. Rafe turns to Jordan - Let's get out of here before I hurl.

Marge talks to Timmy. You're a good boy, you always have been but I need you to listen to Grandma and Grandpa now. I want you to know no matter what anyone says I loved your daddy and you more than life itself. Goodnight baby. She cries.

EJ toasts Sami saying that this time there is nothing or no more that can split them apart.

Segment 7: Kate, Jordan and Rafe are back in the square. Rafe - I'm sorry, I just had to get out of there. I couldn't listen to that phoney bastard ramble on any longer. Kate - I know. The whole thing was nauseating. I'm sorry I suggested going there. Rafe - No, I said it was fine. I just had to go. Besides it was good to see my old friends again; let Stefano and EJ know I'm going to be back on my feet soon, my old self again. Jordan - I know it's none of my business but it seems to me you have quite a complex relationship with your ex-wife. Kate laughs. Jordan - That wasn't a joke. Kate - No, Jordan, actually it was.

Gabi tells the guys that she just got off the phone with the sitter. Apparently we set a record with our 20 calls. Will - Imagine what it will be like when she starts dating. Chad decides he wants to say a few things. He praises EJ and how important it is to have family on your side. Abby backs up in terror - Oh my gosh she's got a gun. Marge starts shooting.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 11 2013, 02:53 PM
lovinsafe
Oct 11 2013, 02:46 PM
What a sad, pathetic, pitiful, distressing and inaccurate account of the history of DAYS. Each day they move further away from the truth which many of us know and this isn’t it. I’m with Rafe I also wanted to hurl!
And did they really need to have Marlena toasting them? That was all kinds of stupid.
It should have been Stefano.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Oct 11 2013, 03:03 PM
DaraFan
Nicolerox
camera shy
Sami is so not want to be married to the EJ threatening Cameron. Chad won't end up with Abby for long and EJ won't have Sami for long.
Well while I agree with you about Chad, cause, well you've had to live under a rock not to know why. But as for as EJ and Sami...even I can see the supercouple writing these two are getting.

Like it or not, this is the couple Days/NBC has chosen to be their flagship and I'm afraid they'll be around quite a while.
I really fail to see the writing their getting as super couple writing. We see Sami more than willing to throw Ej under the bus any chance she gets when it might benefit her own self. Yet we see the continuous sacrifices she makes for Rafe. If that's considered supercouple writing I'd gladly do without it.

What sacrifices has she made for Rafe?

I think the letters they wrote to each other, the sacrifice that EJ made for her freedom, her decision to stay at the DiMansion with EJ, even her decision not to take the DA's deal....all of those things pass as super couple writing under the current regime. They're about as super couply as Days is going to get.
That is so sad :drunk:

PALMommy
Member Avatar

metitle
Oct 11 2013, 09:31 PM
AidanGreensFan
Oct 11 2013, 09:13 PM
Hamilton
Oct 11 2013, 08:49 PM
metitle
Oct 11 2013, 08:43 PM
did anyone notice how frumpy Jordan looked in her clothes?
Jeez, the wardrobe people drop the ball on that character.
I think that's the point. They want her to look as unappealing as possible and that horrible outfit fit the bill.
Yep - and there will be some sort of future bombshell reveal moment. Like Rafe and Jordan go to dinner and he picks her up and BAM - it's Chrishell Stause& her hotbody self
Just like when Chloe Lane came to Salem. Well Kate have her work cut out for her.
Brownies, anyone?

PALMommy
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 11 2013, 09:53 PM
PALMommy
Oct 11 2013, 09:44 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 11 2013, 09:06 PM
loved, Loved LOVED this episode!!! Perfection! Sami protecting EJ and putting Stefano on notice was fab, and exactly what a Dimera wife would do. :rockon:

EJ threatening Cameron was smoking hot! More please! I need more of this EJ.

I loved seeing EJ and Sami so happy together. Even Rafe's sourpuss couldn't damper it. In fact, it made it better. EJ and Stefano both took turns getting their digs in. :laugh:

Marge, Kate and Jordan. No. Just NO. -_-
I wondering exactly what Dimera wives we've ever seen that would be classified as good?

There was Kristen who was married to Tony and cheated on him with John. Anna who drugged Tony to originally marry him. Or Liz Chandler who cheated on Tony with Neil?

Or Stefano's first wife Daphne that left him while pregnant with Tony? (At least that's a normal response) Or Kate who cheated on Stefano with Ian McAllister?

Or there's EJ's wives. . .Nicole who faked a pregancy, kidnapped Sydney and cheated on EJ with Brady while they were married. Oddly enough the only thing I can come up with about Sami being a "good wife" is that she shot EJ in the head and their constant fighting/grief leads to sex.

And after all my research online, I'm left with Vivian Alamain, who married Stefano because HE seduced and romanced HER to get his possessions back after her husband Jonesy died! It appears she did nothing to hurt him - ever. SO there you have it . . . all those wives and VIVIAN ALAMAIN is the cream of the crop! That's just sad!
I didn't say that there were good Dimera wives. I said that Sami's actions are what a Dimera wife would (or for a better word, "should") do, at least IMO. She's protective and supportive of him.
I did edit it to reflect good and bad . . . but my point is that Sami fits right in to the mold of "Dimera wives". And you're right, they have all seemed protective and supportive of their men. . . right up until they become the women that the facts above support.
Edited by PALMommy, Oct 12 2013, 09:37 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 12 2013, 09:05 AM
PatNS
Sami's little speech at the beginning had me ROTFLMAO ... one thing she learned this year is that EJ DiMera is a real man ... uh, I don't think so. He was never really a man but since Stefano emasculated him his lack of manhood is pretty much a fact now.

LOL!!! I think I saw a tiny bulge in Stefano's pocket, where he must keep Elvis' balls.

I hope you are wrong about the John mention being the end of John and Marlena, because after Kristen's nastiness Is revealed I'm done with this show if they don't bring John back.
Lol, well I'm sorry to say it, but I don't think we'll be seeing John back anytime soon and possibly ever again, unless the current writers are replaced.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

nikki_123
Oct 11 2013, 04:42 PM
I think EJ is setting up Rafe and Kate to go after Stefano , and he is pulling their strings and having fun playing them like a chess game. :soapbox:
I don't think he has any kind of plan.. He seems fine with Stefano, and he seems happy as can be.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Ellie
Oct 11 2013, 05:33 PM
I agree except I don't mind the Kate/Rafe/Jordan thing so much. I think what they're going for is that Jordan is coming along as a caregiver, and Kate's fine with that since she can't do it, but then Rafe's going to fall for Jordan and Kate will be left out in the cold. (Fine with me.) The part I have an issue with is the whole physical therapist thing. Why not just say she's a nurse? (Truly it would probably be a male nurse taking him out like that, as the type of things he may need help with are better handled by someone of the same gender.) If they'd made her a nurse who is also helping with his rehab, I think it would make more sense.
Taking him out of the hospital (at night mind you) makes no sense in any possible way. It's ridiculous.
Edited by Rosebud, Oct 12 2013, 09:42 AM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Bee
Oct 11 2013, 09:04 PM
Today's epi was fine but Mansi's reaction to psycho chomper mouth's bullet led entrance was awful. Ugh. I actually said "ugh" while watching it. The Rafe vs Stefano stuff was lame but whatevs....if it gives 'em something to do. It's not John vs Stefano with its nice rich history but getting plopped into storylines that aren't really his is kind of Rafe's fortay. It was totes random when the three amigos walked in for a beer. Like, seriously? Most bars put a sign up that says closed for a private party. Chad and Sonny kind of suck at this.
Could this show be any more obvious that they want to replace John with Rafe in regards to giving Stefano a new enemy? The baseball reference was more than obvious. I get it. Too bad it's ridiculous and boring.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Oct 12 2013, 09:09 AM
Angie79
Oct 11 2013, 11:05 PM
camera shy
Oct 11 2013, 12:33 PM
Why do they dress AS in dresses so tight that you can see every lump and bump?
I like the dress, but not on her. She doesn't have the arms for it. I didn't like her hair either.

She has a good body, and she's obviously worked hard for it, so I don't understand why they dress her so badly. Classic clothes. That FIT.
I personally loved her wardrobe around 2005. She was wearing jeans and cute blouses and she looked fabulous.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Oct 12 2013, 09:25 AM
Rosebud
Oct 12 2013, 09:05 AM
PatNS

Lol, well I'm sorry to say it, but I don't think we'll be seeing John back anytime soon and possibly ever again, unless the current writers are replaced.
I guess that's fine. I stopped watching this show in 2009 when they fired both DHs and didn't miss it one bit. It will be easy again to quit.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

NYBlueDevil
Oct 11 2013, 10:19 PM
Chad and Sonny suck at running a club. That ending was awful.

Am I the only one who thought that babysitter was Kinsey at first? lol
I could see a resemblance - probably the hair

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

six
Oct 12 2013, 08:37 AM
LuvingLumi
Oct 11 2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah the intent is to make Jordan look as unappealing as possible...very plain Jane...so that when the ugly duckling transforms into a beautiful swan Rafe will be left drooling....
On this subject, the new hairdresser has already started making her look better. Her hair looks more conditioned and shiny and the color is richer, which they really should have held off on doing until later. Although at 30, this woman is really too old for this role. I could see a sixteen year old not realizing what Chloe was working with until it was in their face, but Rafe is too old to be confused about Jordan's looks.
I agree about the new hair/makeup guy....I don't think Rafe is confused about her looks though, I just think this is who she's always been. Maybe we'll get to it soon, but I don't think she's ever been glamorous. She strikes me as the type that devoted herself to school and then to her job after school. She's never worn much make up, she's never been considered ugly though, she's no ghoul girl for sure but I don't think it's even the same story. If I wrote it as she would find herself falling for Rafe she'd do things to her appearance just to impress him.....but maybe she is looking this way because she wants to hide from her past...that could also be the angle here....maybe she died her hair the richer brown to get away from the blonde she use to be. Maybe she put on glasses again and took off the contacts everyone in her past was use to seeing her with. Maybe the lack of make up is a way to disguise herself from the dolled up person she was in a previous life. I stil think there is enough they can do to make her interesting, at least to make the story interesting.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 12 2013, 09:17 AM
gailwinters
Oct 11 2013, 03:03 PM
DaraFan
Nicolerox

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I really fail to see the writing their getting as super couple writing. We see Sami more than willing to throw Ej under the bus any chance she gets when it might benefit her own self. Yet we see the continuous sacrifices she makes for Rafe. If that's considered supercouple writing I'd gladly do without it.

What sacrifices has she made for Rafe?

I think the letters they wrote to each other, the sacrifice that EJ made for her freedom, her decision to stay at the DiMansion with EJ, even her decision not to take the DA's deal....all of those things pass as super couple writing under the current regime. They're about as super couply as Days is going to get.
That is so sad :drunk:
More like tragic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply