Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 11th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 11 2013, 12:41 AM (11,947 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

mollymay
Oct 11 2013, 08:48 PM
gailwinters
Oct 11 2013, 08:27 PM
BeeBee
Oct 11 2013, 08:19 PM
gailwinters
Oct 11 2013, 07:49 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't want to stray too far from the today's topic but my recollection is henchmen were preswent but the ass kicking was all Brady.
While his henchmen held EJ for him, I believe.

Back on topic, I love the part of EJ that can be a total jerk when someone is threatening his family. It's part of his charm for me and thus I enjoyed his scenes with Cameron and Chad. It may be partly because I don't care at all about Cameron and I love Chad. :P
That's what I love about EJ...he loves his family and if you mess with them, he'll cut you!!

For all the work Cameron did in the scene he might as well have been a cardboard cut out.
Just seeking clarification which member of his family does he love ?

He's pretty much screwed all of them over at one time or another.

For someone who supposedly cares for chad he didn't have any problems throwing him back into the hands of the father he seems to think is such a tyrant.
Edited by concerned, Oct 12 2013, 02:26 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

I don't understand why we saw so much of Marge.

In my mind, John is on assignment with the ISA to nail Stefano and Kristen, and/or to locate Steve and Bo, who have both gone missing. Only family could take him away from Marlena.

More of Stefano threatening Justin and referring to Marlena as his Queen of the Night.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

MissLola
Oct 11 2013, 06:38 AM
They really need to get Kate back to being a strong, ruthless business woman. Not this pathetic mess on screen right now.
And make her look like one again. I hate how the show lets Lauren insert her own style on Kate.

Kinay

concerned
Oct 12 2013, 02:22 PM
mollymay
Oct 11 2013, 08:48 PM
gailwinters
Oct 11 2013, 08:27 PM
BeeBee
Oct 11 2013, 08:19 PM

While his henchmen held EJ for him, I believe.

Back on topic, I love the part of EJ that can be a total jerk when someone is threatening his family. It's part of his charm for me and thus I enjoyed his scenes with Cameron and Chad. It may be partly because I don't care at all about Cameron and I love Chad. :P
That's what I love about EJ...he loves his family and if you mess with them, he'll cut you!!

For all the work Cameron did in the scene he might as well have been a cardboard cut out.
Just seeking clarification which member of his family does he love ?

He's pretty much screwed all of them over at one time or another.
And would do so again in a heartbeat. EJ doesn't need a reason to cut anyone, family or not. This mission he's on to protect Chad's lies has nothing to do with family love and everything to do with EJ loving to push his weight around and showing off his ugly side to an impressionable young Chad, teaching him how to lie and deceive. I'm glad Chad gets shot and that their lies can come back to bite them in the ass.

six
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 12 2013, 11:56 AM
six
Oct 12 2013, 08:37 AM
LuvingLumi
Oct 11 2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah the intent is to make Jordan look as unappealing as possible...very plain Jane...so that when the ugly duckling transforms into a beautiful swan Rafe will be left drooling....
On this subject, the new hairdresser has already started making her look better. Her hair looks more conditioned and shiny and the color is richer, which they really should have held off on doing until later. Although at 30, this woman is really too old for this role. I could see a sixteen year old not realizing what Chloe was working with until it was in their face, but Rafe is too old to be confused about Jordan's looks.
I agree about the new hair/makeup guy....I don't think Rafe is confused about her looks though, I just think this is who she's always been. Maybe we'll get to it soon, but I don't think she's ever been glamorous. She strikes me as the type that devoted herself to school and then to her job after school. She's never worn much make up, she's never been considered ugly though, she's no ghoul girl for sure but I don't think it's even the same story. If I wrote it as she would find herself falling for Rafe she'd do things to her appearance just to impress him.....but maybe she is looking this way because she wants to hide from her past...that could also be the angle here....maybe she died her hair the richer brown to get away from the blonde she use to be. Maybe she put on glasses again and took off the contacts everyone in her past was use to seeing her with. Maybe the lack of make up is a way to disguise herself from the dolled up person she was in a previous life. I stil think there is enough they can do to make her interesting, at least to make the story interesting.
I don't have an opinion on whether or not Rafe is confused about Jordan's looks, since the story hasn't covered the transformation yet, but I do have a feeling he's going to suddenly realize she's pretty, which will be ridiculous. I do agree that Jordan could become interesting. She's not a failed character, yet, but if they don't do something with her soon, she will be. Right now they're making the same mistake with her that they did with Madison - she's not allowed outside of her own story, and Kate and Rafe are filling the roles of Sami and Brady.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

six
Oct 12 2013, 04:18 PM
LuvingLumi
six
LuvingLumi
Oct 11 2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah the intent is to make Jordan look as unappealing as possible...very plain Jane...so that when the ugly duckling transforms into a beautiful swan Rafe will be left drooling....
On this subject, the new hairdresser has already started making her look better. Her hair looks more conditioned and shiny and the color is richer, which they really should have held off on doing until later. Although at 30, this woman is really too old for this role. I could see a sixteen year old not realizing what Chloe was working with until it was in their face, but Rafe is too old to be confused about Jordan's looks.
I agree about the new hair/makeup guy....I don't think Rafe is confused about her looks though, I just think this is who she's always been. Maybe we'll get to it soon, but I don't think she's ever been glamorous. She strikes me as the type that devoted herself to school and then to her job after school. She's never worn much make up, she's never been considered ugly though, she's no ghoul girl for sure but I don't think it's even the same story. If I wrote it as she would find herself falling for Rafe she'd do things to her appearance just to impress him.....but maybe she is looking this way because she wants to hide from her past...that could also be the angle here....maybe she died her hair the richer brown to get away from the blonde she use to be. Maybe she put on glasses again and took off the contacts everyone in her past was use to seeing her with. Maybe the lack of make up is a way to disguise herself from the dolled up person she was in a previous life. I stil think there is enough they can do to make her interesting, at least to make the story interesting.
I don't have an opinion on whether or not Rafe is confused about Jordan's looks, since the story hasn't covered the transformation yet, but I do have a feeling he's going to suddenly realize she's pretty, which will be ridiculous. I do agree that Jordan could become interesting. She's not a failed character, yet, but if they don't do something with her soon, she will be. Right now they're making the same mistake with her that they did with Madison - she's not allowed outside of her own story, and Kate and Rafe are filling the roles of Sami and Brady.
Since I find Rafe to be a pretty useless character, putting Jordan in story with him and giving her almost no discernible personality is not going to make me care about her. Their "cutesy" scenes seem forced because even though she's been around for a while, she hasn't really been on screen that much. I don't know her, so I don't care about her.

In this show, she had nothing that defined her as Jordan. They could have brought a day player in to do what she did, and it wouldn't have made any difference to the scenes.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Oct 12 2013, 04:58 PM
six
LuvingLumi
six

Since I find Rafe to be a pretty useless character, putting Jordan in story with him and giving her almost no discernible personality is not going to make me care about her. Their "cutesy" scenes seem forced because even though she's been around for a while, she hasn't really been on screen that much. I don't know her, so I don't care about her.

In this show, she had nothing that defined her as Jordan. They could have brought a day player in to do what she did, and it wouldn't have made any difference to the scenes.
This is exactly the reason why I cannot care one bit about the storyline. The problem is that this storyline is based on the assumption that Rafe could be the center of one, individual storyline. When the fact is, he cannot. Rafe is a supporting character. He does not have the legacy to be the lead in the storyline. That's why the storyline worked better when it was with Sami and Carrie, because the audiences knew them and cared about them. Now, the show is trying to tell us Jordan is the newbie and Rafe is the one we should know and care about. But the problem is I don't. The only character I care about this storyline is Kate. And for that reason alone I want her out of it.

Jason47
Member Avatar

NYBlueDevil
Oct 11 2013, 10:19 PM
Am I the only one who thought that babysitter was Kinsey at first? lol
Wyndoline Landry played the babysitter, and per her resume, the character's name is Candy, but it wasn't said on the show...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2528387/resume

KateDiMera
Member Avatar

Quote:

This is exactly the reason why I cannot care one bit about the storyline. The problem is that this storyline is based on the assumption that Rafe could be the center of one, individual storyline. When the fact is, he cannot. Rafe is a supporting character. He does not have the legacy to be the lead in the storyline. That's why the storyline worked better when it was with Sami and Carrie, because the audiences knew them and cared about them. Now, the show is trying to tell us Jordan is the newbie and Rafe is the one we should know and care about. But the problem is I don't. The only character I care about this storyline is Kate. And for that reason alone I want her out of it.

Haven't seen this point made so succinctly until now. I realize I'm not exactly what you would call an 'impartial observer' seeing as Kate is above and beyond my favorite character on the show and always has been, but what little impartiality I can muster tells me that Rafe is not 'center of storyline' material. And Kate, with her 15+ years in Salem, should not be relegated to circling his bland orbit in an effort to make this even blander storyline happen.

Sigh...as always with DAYS, let me watch while I :drunk:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

gailwinters
six
LuvingLumi
six

I agree. If they want to keep Rafe around (why I have no idea), then they should have gotten him out of the hospital and involved in some detective work and that's where he could meet some new love interest. I don't see where they can go with Jordan. The story is boring.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 13 2013, 01:13 PM
gailwinters
six
LuvingLumi

I agree. If they want to keep Rafe around (why I have no idea), then they should have gotten him out of the hospital and involved in some detective work and that's where he could meet some new love interest. I don't see where they can go with Jordan. The story is boring.
I don't find the story boring. I think it's interesting to actually see a character go through a trauma and then struggle through recovery. So many times they have shootings or surgeries and bam! the character is off and running as if nothing ever happened. I give them props for taking the time to actually give Rafe's rehab a more realistic touch. I'm also in favor of this hard nosed physical therapist coming in and working Rafe while trying to keep up a wall between them. Chrishell said Jordan is hiding a past and didn't come to town to find a man. Her focus is on her job and that's what's been shown. It's a good foundation.

It sounds as if the frustration is in the lack of progression for Jordan. I think as the story unfolds and we see more and more of Jordan's real personality and less of the clinical robot presented currently interest in her will increase. Knowing her back story will help viewers care about her. I'm willing to see where it goes because even though she hasn't been given much time and as blunt as Jordan has been, I feel the moments where they have had her connect with Rafe are genuine. I like their look and I like their chemistry as a pair.
Edited by Hamilton, Oct 13 2013, 01:50 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Oct 13 2013, 01:48 PM
Rosebud
gailwinters
six

I don't find the story boring. I think it's interesting to actually see a character go through a trauma and then struggle through recovery. So many times they have shootings or surgeries and bam! the character is off and running as if nothing ever happened. I give them props for taking the time to actually give Rafe's rehab a more realistic touch. I'm also in favor of this hard nosed physical therapist coming in and working Rafe while trying to keep up a wall between them. Chrishell said Jordan is hiding a past and didn't come to town to find a man. Her focus is on her job and that's what's been shown. It's a good foundation.

It sounds as if the frustration is in the lack of progression for Jordan. I think as the story unfolds and we see more and more of Jordan's real personality and less of the clinical robot presented currently interest in her will increase. Knowing her back story will help viewers care about her. I'm willing to see where it goes because even though she hasn't been given much time and as blunt as Jordan has been, I feel the moments where they have had her connect with Rafe are genuine. I like their look and I like their chemistry as a pair.
I believe there are other forces at work that are keeping Rafe and Jordan at snails pace.

Stupid Days.

It's possible and even beneficial to have more than 4 couples on the show.
Remember the days when there where multiples of stories and couples ebbing in and out. They were good.

Here's a thought. Pick up the speed for...

Rafe and Jordan,
Nicole and Eric,
Lucas and Autumn,
Stefano, Cecily, Kate
Victor and Maggie
Gabi and Nick / Cameron
Marlena and long distance John

Give them all mini storylines something independent to do other than concern themselves with the love lives of Sami and EJ, Daniel and Jennifer, Will and Sonny and Kristen and Brady.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

concerned
Oct 13 2013, 03:10 PM
Hamilton
Rosebud
gailwinters

I believe there are other forces at work that are keeping Rafe and Jordan at snails pace.

Stupid Days.

Remember the days when there where multiples of stories and couples ebbing in and out. They were good.

Rafe and Jordan,
Nicole and Eric,
Lucas and Autumn,
Stefano, Cecily, Kate
Victor and Maggie
Gabi and Nick / Cameron

Give them all mini storylines something independent to do other than concern themselves with the love lives of Sami and EJ, Daniel and Jennifer, Will and Sonny and Kristen and Brady.
And may I add, resolve the Bo/Hope issue once and for all?

concerned
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Oct 13 2013, 05:25 PM
concerned
Hamilton
Rosebud

Stupid Days.

Rafe and Jordan,
Nicole and Eric,
Lucas and Autumn,
Stefano, Cecily, Kate
Victor and Maggie
Gabi and Nick / Cameron

And may I add, resolve the Bo/Hope issue once and for all?
Knew I had forgotten someone.

Or even just have Hope enjoying companionship of someone else and feeling attracted to them but feeling guilty about it because of Bo.

Just some discussion of the situation,.....

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

concerned
Hamilton
Rosebud
gailwinters

Stupid Days.

Rafe and Jordan,
Nicole and Eric,
Lucas and Autumn,
Stefano, Cecily, Kate
Victor and Maggie
Gabi and Nick / Cameron

I agree about the other forces at work to keep Rafe and Jordan apart. Perhaps the writers had to put their story on hold for a bit to wrap up other stories before characters left the show. But you are so right... it is possible to have more than 3 or 4 couples going at the same time, write them well, and have interesting, compelling stories.

camera shy

magicsteacher
Oct 13 2013, 07:45 PM
concerned
Hamilton
Rosebud

Stupid Days.

Rafe and Jordan,
Nicole and Eric,
Lucas and Autumn,
Stefano, Cecily, Kate
Victor and Maggie
Gabi and Nick / Cameron

I agree about the other forces at work to keep Rafe and Jordan apart. Perhaps the writers had to put their story on hold for a bit to wrap up other stories before characters left the show. But you are so right... it is possible to have more than 3 or 4 couples going at the same time, write them well, and have interesting, compelling stories.
Whatever happened to you had your storyline, it wrapped up and you got backburned for a few months? Dannifer has had so many storylines come to an end and instead of getting backburned they just went on to another storyline. Now the characters being backburned haven't even had a storyline, they just are backburned.

jdawg1077

I can't believe that they wrote Cameron as such a simpering, backbone-less mess with EJ. I could see him standing there and taking EJ's verbal onslaught with a smirk, or even a look of fear. But the way EJ grabbed the back of Cameron's neck? Are you kidding me? I'm guessing that at this point, it was clear that Cameron was being written off the show, and they figured they'd sacrifice his manhood to give EJ a little extra DiMera juice. If Cameron were sticking around, I'm sure the direction of that scene would've been different. Either way, bullying EJ can't get smacked down soon enough.

As for Rafe, he's quickly become one of my favorite characters again, calling Sami/EJ/Stefano out on their varying degrees of bull and nonsense. His line about wanting to leave the party before he would "hurl" crystalized his character's status for me as the normal everyman speaking truth to power. I'm also fine with Rafe carrying a story (and a potential romance) all on his own. I disagree with the notion that he is a supporting character. To me, he is to this first half of this decade what Roman Brady was to the first half of the 1980s: a hero cop with a nemesis (trade Stefano for EJ) who was introduced in order to protect the show's leading lady (trade Marlena for Sami). I have a suspicion that Sami/Rafe is where the pendulum will swing back to next, but with plenty of complications featuring Kate and Jordan. They are already sowing the seeds of EJami's demise. We can assume that as EJ gets sucked back into Stefano's world, his relationship with Sami will slowly be sacrificed, and Rafe will be the one to go after EJ. I for one cannot wait. I hope that Rafe yanking EJ's tie unexpectedly is just the start of EJ the smug bully being put in his place.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply