Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of September 30 - October 4, 2013
Topic Started: Oct 11 2013, 01:24 AM (2,476 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/10/ratings-yr-and-bb-up-in-women-18-49-demo

Ratings Report for the Week of September 30 - October 4, 2013

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,752,000 (+24,000/+334,000)
2. B&B 3,521,000 (-44,000/+332,000)
3. GH 2,731,000 (-71,000/+17,000)
4. DAYS 2,426,000 (-200,000/+27,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/12 (-.1/+.1)
2. B&B 2.6/9 (same/+.2)
3. GH 2.1/7 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.8/6 (-.2/-.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 810,000 (+46,000/-46,000)
2. GH 718,000 (-12,000/+55,000)
3. B&B 676,000 (+46,000/+43,000)
4. DAYS 539,000 (-91,000/+66,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (+.1/same)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (+.1/+.1)
2. GH 1.1/7 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 0.8/6 (-.2/+.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. GH 263,000 (+1,000/+32,000)
2. Y&R 230,000 (+26,000/+21,000)
3. B&B 203,000 (+34,000/+60,000)
4. DAYS 182,000 (-18,000/+35,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. GH 0.8 (same/+.1)
2. Y&R 0.7 (+.1/+.1)
3. B&B 0.6 (+.1/+.2)
4. DAYS 0.5 (-.1/+.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings - HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.7/3,815,000
Tuesday: 2.5/3,344,000
Wednesday: 2.6/3,484,000
Thursday: 2.5/3,353,000
Friday: 2.6/3,611,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.9/2,573,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,533,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,404,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,351,000
Friday: 1.7/2,292,000

GH
Monday: 2.2/2,800,000
Tuesday: 2.1/2,793,000
Wednesday: 2.1/2,711,000
Thursday: 2.3/2,949,000
Friday: 1.9/2,442,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.7/5,167,000
Tuesday: 3.5/4,719,000
Wednesday: 3.5/4,831,000
Thursday: 3.2/4,482,000
Friday: 3.3/4,546,000
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

Ouch! What crappy numbers for DAYS.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

Who didn't see this happening?? Get a clue DAYS!

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Was there an interruption on Friday? Crazy big drop for GH and they had a big reveal. I would also have thought the JJ/Kayla almost reveal would have gotten more viewers.

daysmemories

Wow Days lost ALOT of viewers.
Everyday viewership went down.
Edited by daysmemories, Oct 11 2013, 09:30 AM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Days got hit in total viewers and demos.....I just don't find the show exciting...this week I watched and of the week, only one show is probably the best one....Monday's show...the rest is just painful to watch.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Well I see DAYS is back to normal there usual downward spinal! I wonder who was on 4 days out of 5?

Fantastic to see GH is hanging in there but they understand the concept of what a soap is about which is the first step in having a successful show!

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

There goes those crazy up and down ratings for Days again. GH has been good, but they are inconsistent. One day I am glued to the TV, the next day I could care less. GH is good when they are using their vets and respecting their history, it's boring and eye-rolling when they get campy and shove the OLTL trio of doom in our faces.

concerned
Member Avatar

Monday ("Shock")
Kristen gets rid of her and Eric's intimate video; Will and Sonny's fight intensifies.

Tuesday ("Marlena")
Kristen recognizes how much of a threat Marlena really is; Eric wants to know why Nicole wants to quit her job.

Wednesday ("Huge Fight")
Sami and EJ have a huge fight; Kayla lets something important slip when talking to JJ about his dad.

Thursday ("Theresa's Ploys")
Theresa continues to bother Jennifer; Sami and EJ make peace.

Friday ("Chad Seeks Help")
Chad seeks EJ's help to cover his tracks; Will interrogates Sami about her living situation.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

concerned
Oct 11 2013, 05:58 PM
Monday ("Shock")
Kristen gets rid of her and Eric's intimate video; Will and Sonny's fight intensifies.

Tuesday ("Marlena")
Kristen recognizes how much of a threat Marlena really is; Eric wants to know why Nicole wants to quit her job.

Wednesday ("Huge Fight")
Sami and EJ have a huge fight; Kayla lets something important slip when talking to JJ about his dad.

Thursday ("Theresa's Ploys")
Theresa continues to bother Jennifer; Sami and EJ make peace.

Friday ("Chad Seeks Help")
Chad seeks EJ's help to cover his tracks; Will interrogates Sami about her living situation.
Thank. This speaks volumes.

S loves EJ

The Days numbers are the same as they were a year ago when they were going in a Safe direction, or when Safe was together, so no couple makes or breaks the ratings.

outrageous
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Oct 12 2013, 05:28 AM
The Days numbers are the same as they were a year ago when they were going in a Safe direction, or when Safe was together, so no couple makes or breaks the ratings.
Thank you. Safe and Ejole - and they were actually worse. But back then it was the writers' fault.
Edited by outrageous, Oct 12 2013, 03:12 PM.

Dee-anne

outrageous
Oct 12 2013, 01:46 PM
S loves EJ
Thank you. Safe and Ejole - and they were actually worse. But back then it was the writers' fault.
I have to say that EJole hardly got screen time then. TPTB even seem to be reluctant to put them in spoilers,I remember because some of us use to complain about that back then. As far as I am concerned EJ's best pairing was Nicole. He never came across as pathetic as he does now. Any good writing for Ejole never lasted very long before they tore them apart to put EJ back in Sami's orbit for the umpteenth time, then it was that constant boring triangle being forced down our throats again. Sami was still getting a lot of screen time back then too. Much more than Nicole.

Personally, I think Sami is the problem with the parings of EJami, and Safe. Both pairings are incredibly boring, although to me, Safe is more tolerable than Ejami. It has gotten to the point where I cannot stand to watch anything to do with Samantha Gene Brady in it, or listen to anyone talking about her. I only watch Nicole scenes now but, the way they are writing this show, I think I am about to stop watching all together.
Edited by Dee-anne, Oct 12 2013, 04:38 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

I think we have discussed ad nauseum, and most of us agree, that one couple does not make or break the ratings. It is a combination of things that come into play that cause ratings to go up or down.

For me, right now, it isn't just one couple, it's the writing for the show in general. I can't stand to see one more FB of Kristen and Eric, and I hate the storyline that they chose to go with for them. Call me crazy, but drugging and raping a priest just doesn't float my boat. ED is a good actress and she had so many possibilities for story on Days.. too bad they stuck her with this one. And don't even get me started on Bristen as a couple.

I want to see drama, adventure, intrigue, and romance; I want to see some vets with major roles. I am not interested in seeing the ruination of the history of the show I have watched for over 30 years just to pimp and prop a few couples, and I don't want to see the same 4 or 5 characters sucking the life out of the show day after day after day.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

outrageous
S loves EJ
and people are blaming the writers now too....those that don't find the show exciting or interesting that is....

I don't see anyone saying that it's this or that couple, or this or that character...sure we joke about Dannifer and such but let's face it...it's ALWAYS the writers fault when the show doesn't do well.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

outrageous
S loves EJ
actually this time last year ej and nicole barely despite they loss child if you meant sami and rafe and ej and sami than you be right
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysmemories

LuvingLumi
Oct 12 2013, 10:54 PM
outrageous
S loves EJ
and people are blaming the writers now too....those that don't find the show exciting or interesting that is....

I don't see anyone saying that it's this or that couple, or this or that character...sure we joke about Dannifer and such but let's face it...it's ALWAYS the writers fault when the show doesn't do well.
I blame the writers because what they are putting on screen is complete utter BULLSHIT!

S loves EJ

Bringing up that the ratings were the same when Safe was a couple is relevant to this weeks ratings, since there were posts implying that the bad ratings was Ejamiīs fault. Nicole being EJīs second choice is off topic though but itīs not against the rules to go a little bit off topic if it can be kept civil. It shouldnīt take over the thread though and that is why I said we were getting off topic in a post above.

concerned
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Oct 13 2013, 12:22 PM
Bringing up that the ratings were the same when Safe was a couple is relevant to this weeks ratings, since there were posts implying that the bad ratings was Ejamiīs fault. Nicole being EJīs second choice is off topic though but itīs not against the rules to go a little bit off topic if it can be kept civil. It shouldnīt take over the thread though and that is why I said we were getting off topic in a post above.
I think people only bring it up because wasn't the whole point of having EJ and Sami together that their enormous popularity would bring the ratings up so high it would be worth the required WTF associated with the rewrite of history.

They were supposed to be the couple that would make the show more popular.

Show seems pretty consistent in numbers... they'll have good weeks when there is some story resolution and then bad weeks when there are endless weeks of filler.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

concerned
Oct 13 2013, 02:53 PM
S loves EJ
Oct 13 2013, 12:22 PM
I think people only bring it up because wasn't the whole point of having EJ and Sami together that their enormous popularity would bring the ratings up so high it would be worth the required WTF associated with the rewrite of history.

They were supposed to be the couple that would make the show more popular.

Show seems pretty consistent in numbers... they'll have good weeks when there is some story resolution and then bad weeks when there are endless weeks of filler.
Exactly! that to me is the biggest issue, that they can't keep the pace up throughout the year...they only seem to do it around sweeps and then nothign for months on end.

IMHO bringing up who's second, first, third choice is irrevelant...because let's be realistic here....Sami might have been depicted as Ej's first choice throughout the years, but Ej hasn't been depicted as Sami's first choice until this year and even then, fans can spin it another way very easily.....their relationship hasn't been reciprocal throughout....and just because it is now doesn't mean that it will be like that tomorrow....Sami cheated on Rafe, her husband that she loved sooooo much in the span of an hour.....she can certainly through Ej under the bus, or he can do the same to her in the span of an episode also....it might not happen now but to think they are solid now just because of the writingTODAY is really unrealistic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply