Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, October 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 15 2013, 12:49 AM (7,916 Views)
Lori

Miss Rhi
Oct 15 2013, 12:40 PM
Luce
Oct 15 2013, 12:30 PM
He has sex with men. I'm not certain, but I think there are restrictions placed on him giving blood whether he's a match or not.
I had to idea that was even an issue in this day and age. Never really thought about it since screening is so much better now. Here's an article in case anyone else wants to know more about it. I feel like I'm the only one who didn't know about this. ^o)

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/banned-life-why-gay-men-still-cant-donate-blood-6C10622947
You're not alone, apparently the writers didn't know either. Or don't have the guts to go there. I don't want to think about which.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

so Daniel performed another miracle...at this rate he'll be the first living person declared a saint.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Oct 15 2013, 12:42 PM
Ugh

I'm starting to think a nap would have been better then this "All hail Daniel the super surgeon" themed episode.
Seriously. And for a day when one character died and they suddenly was alive again, this episode is booooooring.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Roman isn't wrong about the DiMeras, but he does realize he's talking to Sami, right? I mean, Stefano could basically be having the same conversation with EJ about being with someone like her.

Luce

Lori
Oct 15 2013, 12:45 PM
Miss Rhi
Luce
He has sex with men. I'm not certain, but I think there are restrictions placed on him giving blood whether he's a match or not.
I had to idea that was even an issue in this day and age. Never really thought about it since screening is so much better now. Here's an article in case anyone else wants to know more about it. I feel like I'm the only one who didn't know about this. ^o)

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/banned-life-why-gay-men-still-cant-donate-blood-6C10622947
You're not alone, apparently the writers didn't know either. Or don't have the guts to go there. I don't want to think about which.
I wish they would have brought it up. It's a real issue, and I'm not watching live right now, but it sounds like they have chosen to highlight that Sonny is pretty upset about this whole thing. Seems like it would've fit in pretty organically with him being even more distraught/feeling helpless.

Ah well. Missing subtle/logical story beats = modus operandi for Days.

Team WilSon
Member Avatar

Will and Sonny are so cute with Arianna :wub:

Sweet and Salty

Well, Stefano knows his Bible!

Why can't anyone get any privacy?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Sami got home quick. That was a weird ending shot of her.

blueskies
Member Avatar

a meh eppi. And considering how high stakes it should have been, it wasn't good.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Team WilSon
Member Avatar

After today's episode I hate Dr. Daniel Jonas even more.

metitle
Member Avatar

blueskies
so Daniel performed another miracle...at this rate he'll be the first living person declared a saint.
fuck!!!

Sweet and Salty

blueskies
if Chad dies I really hope Abby's pregnant with his kid. Stefano will make her move in next.
Oh PLEASE no! Abigail Dimera! That would be miserable! :stars:

jam6242
Member Avatar

I don't want to see Stefano being a good father or grandfather. That's not his purpose in Salem, for me anyway.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Luce
Oct 15 2013, 12:53 PM
Lori
Miss Rhi
Luce

I wish they would have brought it up. It's a real issue, and I'm not watching live right now, but it sounds like they have chosen to highlight that Sonny is pretty upset about this whole thing. Seems like it would've fit in pretty organically with him being even more distraught/feeling helpless.

Ah well. Missing subtle/logical story beats = modus operandi for Days.
Then that would have taken the attention away from Sami, Daniel, etc. Can't have that happening.
Edited by jam6242, Oct 15 2013, 01:04 PM.

Keith
Member Avatar

I'm glad Daniel pointed out that he JUST did his job.

I agree that giving blood being barred for Sonny would have been a nice beat. I've avoided blood drives at school so long as the broad bans against homosexuals giving blood existed. It hasn't changed in almost ten years, when I first heard about it happening in high school.

Sweet and Salty

Who was Cam referring to when he said "not something, but someone" when he was responding to wanting Chad to be alive? Chad? God?

Jason47
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Oct 15 2013, 12:06 PM
Is that Corday playing the nurse in the OR? She's terrible.
Kim Meredith, who is a real-life nurse & medical consultant, is the OR Nurse.

http://www.kimmeredith.com/kimbio.html
Edited by Jason47, Oct 15 2013, 01:18 PM.

camera shy

Lori
Miss Rhi
Luce

When it comes to real life, how would they know if a man who wanted to donate blood was gay or not. And whats to stop anyone from lying?

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Oct 15 2013, 01:11 PM
Who was Cam referring to when he said "not something, but someone" when he was responding to wanting Chad to be alive? Chad? God?
I took it to mean Abby.

Sweet and Salty

I'm literally crying at the scene where Stefo is told by EJ that Chad is alive.

I love that old man, and his "love" for his family.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply