Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, October 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 15 2013, 12:49 AM (8,097 Views)
bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Well, Sami has been predictable but IMO she probably changes her mind in regards to marrying Elvis, especially if Lucas is going to take Alli away from her.
Edited by bellajewel, Oct 15 2013, 08:09 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Interesting how the writers screwed up a tiny bit related to the gay characters by having Sonny say he tried to give blood. Gay men who have had sex with other men recently are not allowed to donate blood in the US.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

jam6242
Oct 15 2013, 07:36 PM
Supergirlx2
Oct 15 2013, 07:31 PM
The point of having Hope in this episode was?!?!?!?!

(and this coming from someone who loves seeing her on & sometimes longs for an appearance cause they've been so sparse this year.)
I agree. We see her little enough these days. Why waste her on what amounted to a cameo?
the Roman/Hope scene was nice and made sense, but it wasn't 100% necessary to progress the story, and the interaction could've technically been incorporated somewhere else.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

jam6242
Oct 15 2013, 01:02 PM
I don't want to see Stefano being a good father or grandfather. That's not his purpose in Salem, for me anyway.
Isn't that pretty much all he'll be doing now since making his bargain with God? :rolleyes:

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I'd be shocked if Stefano kept his promise to God. It was touching he poured his heart out in the chapel but...in no time he's going to be back to his devilish
doings.
Edited by bellajewel, Oct 15 2013, 08:38 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Oct 15 2013, 01:32 PM
What WAS that giddy, flippant chat Kritter had with EJ over the family curse thing?!
A very stupid scene indeed.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 15 2013, 04:10 PM
badaddiction
Oct 15 2013, 03:42 PM
LuvingLumi
Oct 15 2013, 03:31 PM
badaddiction
Oct 15 2013, 03:01 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't mind him being an ass, but when he crosses into hypocrite mode that is when he becomes insuffarable. Just like Sami....
Oh, yeah, there are many a scenes that I've RME at. I'm on a character's side as long as he/she is owning their shit, no matter how dispicable it is. But when they condemn others for something they've done themselves or excused a loved one who has done the same thing, then yeah, I'm wanting the character to STFU on the matter until they can admit to their hypocrisy or own their crap.
ITA...like Ej criticizing Stefano for making a pact with God if he saved his son...didn't Ej do that? Didn't he turn around and forget said pact once Sami pissed him off enough? Yeah junior...don't criticize your old pops, you did the same exact thing.

That is why this story where EJ/Ejami are now supposedly Stefano's and Marge's victims is such a fail IMHO.....EJ climbing on his high horse to lecture a man that has done very similar things that Ej himself did not too long ago, leaves me feeling like I'm wasting my damn time watching this show.
I missed a lot of Elvis' story in recent years, so I only know of stuff from the past and recent things, but today was a prime example of his hypocrisy. There he was coming clean to Sami about blackmailing Chad and feeling bad, then two minutes later he's outside threatening Cameron.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Remorseful Stefano and frazzled Sonny were the highlights for me today. It is a shame there is no one on this show who is capable of serving as a Stefano replacement whenever JM decides to retire, unless ED returns of course.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

metitle
Oct 15 2013, 05:26 PM
what is wrong with Days writers? Why can't they educate themselves on medical protocol?
Really a doctor walking into the main reception area and announcing a patient status?
Jeez, even layman knows that the doctors ask to speak the patient's next of kin privately and give a status report.

Yep, plus Chad going out of surgery into a room almost immediately. When did they take out his breathing tube?

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

LonePirate
Oct 15 2013, 08:39 PM
Remorseful Stefano and frazzled Sonny were the highlights for me today. It is a shame there is no one on this show who is capable of serving as a Stefano replacement whenever JM decides to retire, unless ED returns of course.
IMO JM/ Stefano is not replaceable by anyone.

Sweet and Salty

metitle
Oct 15 2013, 07:46 PM
magicsteacher

So typically Sami and so predictable.
Who on this show isn't predictable?
Marlena is predictable by being the goody person, we can predict that she will not be Kirsten.
Nor will Kirsten suddenly wake up tomorrow and said she will emulate Marlena.
Stefano, EJ, Sami are all known for their schemes.
Everyone on the show have their individual personality and they wont change, so they are all predictable.
Two years from if the show is still on, Dr. Douche will still be a douche and orange.
Jennifer will still be a waffler, Rafe will still be judgmental and the list goes on.
I don't know. We have had a small miracle in hygiene here recently! ^_^

Rosebud
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Oct 15 2013, 07:36 PM
Kinay
Oct 15 2013, 06:22 PM
badaddiction
Oct 15 2013, 03:01 PM
Mitchapalooza
Oct 15 2013, 02:46 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Nah, most days I don't mind him being an ass. As a matter of fact, that's one of the main reasons I love him. I've always preferred the bad boy/bad girl characters (except for the entire cast of characters on Scandal. Hate.Them.All.). But there is something so completely earnest (although boring) and honorable about Cameron when he's in Dr. mode that it pisses me off when EJ gets in his face.
It is just EJ 's style to pick on the meek, women and the young and naive. Cameron, boring or not, is what can be considered a real man in comparison to dumbass ,badass Elvis Demira. Honourable is not a word in the Demira vocabulary, they don't know the meaning of it. EJ is just lucky Cameron is such a stand up guy and if he keeps getting in his face ,I hope Cameron tells everyone who will listen how Ejerk and his bro lied about having a brain tumour to get a girl. How pathetic is that?
Cameron should have been allowed to stand up to EJ in a more forceful manner.EJ is such as ass.One second he is thanking Cameron for helping to save Chad's life and the next second he is threatening Cameron if he tells Abby about Chad's lie.I don't Chad is much of a hero.They can have dialogue about Chad stepping in front of EJ and perhaps Sami when Marge started shooting but they should have shown Chad doing this ,I agree with the poster who said they did not see this since I never saw that either.It did look as if Marge jus had a bad aim.
I also have to wonder about writers who can make a murder trial,engagement party shooting,and life saving surgery boring and stupid.
I'm no Cameron fan... I think he's boring and the actor is lifeless, but that's no excuse for writing him as a milquetoast sap. All he ever does is stand there and take Elvis' threats, the walks away. That said I like him a lot more than Elvis. At least he has dignity and self control, and doesn't act like an jerk.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Oct 15 2013, 07:38 PM
Another boring hum drum show.

Ej was downright annoying, as was Sami, both on their high horses to everyone.

The operating room scenes were laughable.. come on now.. it doesn't take all that much to make scenes at least look half way realistic.. not in every detail, but at least in major things. Did Days ever hear about HIPPA laws? Privacy demands that the doctor not announce a patient's condition to everyone in the lobby/waiting area. You take the immediate family to a private room or area away from others and inform them.. then if they wish to tell others, it is their privilege to do so, not the doctor's. I realize it's a soap, but Days could have done a little better than this.

Stefano will never keep his promise to God, and I hope he doesn't. We don't need more goody goodies in Salem.. we need a villain or two to keep things lively.

Roman's little talk to Sami was nice, but let's face it... he is wasting his breath. She will marry EJ anyway and at some point down the road, live to regret it. So typically Sami and so predictable.
Does Kositchek even know who he's talking to? Sami has chosen time and time again to live a life full of danger and lies and has made more bad choices than anyone in the history if Salem. Why is this any different than anything else she's ever done? :rolleyes:

Sweet and Salty

bellajewel
Oct 15 2013, 08:44 PM
LonePirate
IMO JM/ Stefano is not replaceable by anyone.
Agree. But we have to be realistic and know he'll retire someday. He's definitely irreplaceable, but his "dynasty" needs to be handed down, and the only one entertaining to me is ED. Maybe they'll write in a Chad replacement who fits the bill. Who knows.

Sweet and Salty

Rosebud
Oct 15 2013, 09:06 PM
magicsteacher
Oct 15 2013, 07:38 PM
Another boring hum drum show.

Ej was downright annoying, as was Sami, both on their high horses to everyone.

The operating room scenes were laughable.. come on now.. it doesn't take all that much to make scenes at least look half way realistic.. not in every detail, but at least in major things. Did Days ever hear about HIPPA laws? Privacy demands that the doctor not announce a patient's condition to everyone in the lobby/waiting area. You take the immediate family to a private room or area away from others and inform them.. then if they wish to tell others, it is their privilege to do so, not the doctor's. I realize it's a soap, but Days could have done a little better than this.

Stefano will never keep his promise to God, and I hope he doesn't. We don't need more goody goodies in Salem.. we need a villain or two to keep things lively.

Roman's little talk to Sami was nice, but let's face it... he is wasting his breath. She will marry EJ anyway and at some point down the road, live to regret it. So typically Sami and so predictable.
Does Kositchek even know who he's talking to? Sami has chosen time and time again to live a life full of danger and lies and has made more bad choices than anyone in the history if Salem. Why is this any different than anything else she's ever done? :rolleyes:
If being a daddy is anything like being a mama, I can't imagine just standing there watching your baby take that step into hell along with you grand babies and not trying one last time. Doesn't happen in my family, much to my ire 99% of the time! :-/

outrageous
Member Avatar

Today's show was boring.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Oct 15 2013, 07:48 PM
If Stefano's promise to God leads him to apologize to Kate for repeatedly calling her a whore, I'm good with it.

The last thing I want to see is Stefano making the rounds and apologizing to everyone. OY.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

LonePirate
They could bring back Orpheus. :wub2:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Is Sonny's night club across the street from the hospital, because one scene ended with will and sonny and Kositchek and hope all at the club, then the next scene they all showed up at the hospital. Not even a commercial break in between.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Rosebud
Oct 15 2013, 09:28 PM
Is Sonny's night club across the street from the hospital, because one scene ended with will and sonny and Kositchek and hope all at the club, then the next scene they all showed up at the hospital. Not even a commercial break in between.
didn't they at least have a scene or two to make it from the club to the hospital? ;) there have been times when a character has jumped from one location to another in consecutive scenes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply