Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, October 15th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 15 2013, 12:49 AM (7,990 Views)
metitle
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 15 2013, 08:40 PM
metitle
Oct 15 2013, 05:26 PM
what is wrong with Days writers? Why can't they educate themselves on medical protocol?
Really a doctor walking into the main reception area and announcing a patient status?
Jeez, even layman knows that the doctors ask to speak the patient's next of kin privately and give a status report.

Yep, plus Chad going out of surgery into a room almost immediately. When did they take out his breathing tube?

this is why they needed to borrow one of the prime-time TV show sets.
This is just ridiculous, they forgot the entire ICU portion.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Daniel will always suck unless they a) give him some type of history that isn't egg-baby ludicrous, b) give him a personality that doesn't involve standing there while everyone around him sings his praises, and c) give him some complexity, layers and people around him that call him on his shit whenever he screws up.

Think about every plot point on the show lately. With the exception of Ejami antics (where you could insert Sami there into the Daniel role), you can easily fill in the phrase "to make Daniel look good" or "and Daniel saves the day" at the end of a summary of the plot point and it would fit.

Everyone hates a goddamned Mary Sue, and that's all Daniel is. Good characters are flawed, complex, struggling and striving to do better. He's none of those things. And the writers need to learn how to show instead of telling - you can shove 80 characters down my throat telling me how awesome Dr. HandsInHisPatients'Pants is, and I ain't gonna buy it if I haven't seen it for myself onscreen.

I don't know a ton about Shawn Christian as an actor, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's up to it. But even if he isn't, unequivocally the major problem with Daniel Jonas is the writing for the character is total crap.

SadieEsperanto

What I enjoyed most about today's show was Freddie Smith, who was finally being allowed to play Sonny as a little bit vulnerable. He was arguably more upset than anybody else (rambling, fumbling with the coffee etc.) and it was nice to see Will doing the comforting for once.

FS' acting style is well-suited for subtlety and I thought he did a lovely job.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

SadieEsperanto
Oct 15 2013, 10:10 PM
What I enjoyed most about today's show was Freddie Smith, who was finally being allowed to play Sonny as a little bit vulnerable. He was arguably more upset than anybody else (rambling, fumbling with the coffee etc.) and it was nice to see Will doing the comforting for once.

I totally agree. Freddie and Chandler were the hilights of the show for me.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Oct 15 2013, 09:35 PM
Rosebud
Oct 15 2013, 09:28 PM
Is Sonny's night club across the street from the hospital, because one scene ended with will and sonny and Kositchek and hope all at the club, then the next scene they all showed up at the hospital. Not even a commercial break in between.
didn't they at least have a scene or two to make it from the club to the hospital? ;) there have been times when a character has jumped from one location to another in consecutive scenes.
I deleted the ep off the DVR so I can't go check, but I don't think there was a scene between them. I could be wrong. But still it seemed ridiculous it was SO fast.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

metitle
Oct 15 2013, 10:01 PM
Rosebud
metitle
what is wrong with Days writers? Why can't they educate themselves on medical protocol?
Really a doctor walking into the main reception area and announcing a patient status?
Jeez, even layman knows that the doctors ask to speak the patient's next of kin privately and give a status report.

Yep, plus Chad going out of surgery into a room almost immediately. When did they take out his breathing tube?

this is why they needed to borrow one of the prime-time TV show sets.
This is just ridiculous, they forgot the entire ICU portion.
Oh, I thought maybe that room he was in was in the ICU even though it didn't look like one. But Abby went right from talking to Jonas (right after surgery) in to see Chad. He had quite a serious injury so he should have still been in post op with a breathing tube in, with other patients surrounding him. Days used to bother getting things like that right.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Rosebud
metitle

I'm happy with Chad's progress from shooting victim,to near death/back from the dead,to his room unconscious with everyone coming to talk to him in basically one day.
I don't think I could take much more of Chad clinging to life by a thread with a constant parade of hand wringing visitors and Daniel's furrowed brow while he reassure all that it's in God's hands or some other platitude.Thank God he will be conscious soon so we won't have to listen to any more stupid one way conversations with him.
Edited by BeeBee, Oct 16 2013, 12:25 AM.

Lori

BeeBee
Oct 16 2013, 12:17 AM
Rosebud
metitle

I'm happy with Chad's progress from shooting victim,to near death/back from the dead,to his room unconscious with everyone coming to talk to him in basically one day.
I don't think I could take much more of Chad clinging to life by a thread with a constant parade of hand wringing visitors and Daniel's furrowed brow while he reassure all that it's in God's hands or some other platitude.Thank God he will be conscious soon so we won't have to listen to any more stupid one way conversations with him.
The fix for that is not to show the surgery. If you can't write and produce a decent, credible, well-acted surgery don't show it. There are ways around it, and they still could have propped Dr. Marty Stu, which seemed to be the point.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Rosebud
metitle

....and how about slapping some make up on his chest to at least make it kind of look like he had surgery on his stomach and chest.......

Not even looking forward to sweeps......it's going to be all about Sami/EJ/Daniel/Jennifer. Even if they aren't in those scenes, I just think that it will somehow get back to being about them......kind of like the whole six degrees of Kevin Bacon........There's other characters--do TPTB realize that? :frustration:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

I have never seen the purpose of Chad. To me he wasn't even good eye candy. Not sorry to see the actor or the character go.....he should have left with Mia years ago.

lachelle73

kay
Oct 16 2013, 12:01 AM
SadieEsperanto

They were for me too loved how Sonny was trying to be strong but let his vunerability show. Loved Will concern you could tell he knew how upset Sonny was and he was there for him when he needed him to keep him calm. Loved how it was Will doing the comforting for Sonny this time. Loved the club scene when Sonny got all flustered and Will kept him calm. But I wanted to see more of them and I was hoping that Sonny would have mentioned how he felt when Will got shot and now Chad and have he and Will really comfort eachother. I wanted them to hug or kiss :wub2: after the talk but loved the ending with the both of them with AG that was a nice scene. Need to see more of this with Sonny and Will before Chandler leaves. :-/

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Supergirlx2
Oct 15 2013, 04:31 PM
Miss Rhi
Oct 15 2013, 12:02 PM
They could bring Benji back saying he was in witness protection.
Benji is dead. Tony/Andre killed him.
This is Days we're talking about here. The select few actually stay dead.

lachelle73

Would like to see more story with all the cast not just the same few we see all the time. Sami,EJ, Dan, Jen, Theresa, Kristen. They need to spread the wealth they have a talented cast and they need to use them all and make the writing better for them sometimes things seem to drag on and on while some of the parts I want to see are glossed over. The continity needs to be better and stop using others to prop those who we see ALL THE TIME. Need better writing and use the cast better.

Ocean

The best part of the show was Wilson family. Little adorable Arianna was so cute and good listener.

Starr

Oh, Stefano's going straight? Yeah, right. It'll wear off and he'll be his criminat self again.

Starr

blueskies
Oct 15 2013, 12:16 PM
you know given that Stefano can't seem to die, his kids have terrible luck. Does he suck the life outta them or something?
Yup. They have probably died half the deaths he should have died. I think his 6th of the 6th (or whatever) "phoenix" title should have run out by now. I really hope he will change because of his prayer in the church, but I doubt it will last.

Starr

tomsawyer
Oct 15 2013, 12:27 PM
You know, it's kinda nice that Chad is getting the hero treatment before he's sent off canvas. At least they're trying to bring some nice closure to the character.
I've been thinking about Chad this morning. I will miss him on the show. Is he supposed to die, or leave town for some other reason? I have to read the updated spoilers.

Vicky4Mimi

kay
Oct 16 2013, 12:01 AM
SadieEsperanto

I was thinking they might be leading up to Sonny wanting to be a doctor-and he starts in med school. :shrug: You know how med school is in Salem, he will be a doctor by Valentines Day :teehee:

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Lori
Oct 16 2013, 07:38 AM
BeeBee
Oct 16 2013, 12:17 AM
Rosebud
metitle

The fix for that is not to show the surgery. If you can't write and produce a decent, credible, well-acted surgery don't show it. There are ways around it, and they still could have propped Dr. Marty Stu, which seemed to be the point.
They just go from one farcical situation to another from Jennifer's heart/appendix bull,to Rafe's (or someone else's) surgery I think where posters were discussing
Cameron's use of the paddles to restart someone's heart,to Sami's extended jail time/trial,to Chad's surgery.They ideas are not bad,just the execution of those ideas.If they cannot afford to do a scene properly why bother.Just do it off screen then have characters react to it.They could have wheeled Chad into surgery then had more reaction without the "operating room" drama then showed Chad in his room while other characters mention the amount of time that passed between surgery and seeing him in his room.They could have showed Sami in jail for about a week with characters mentioning the passage of time while the other crap played out instead of the rushed ending although I am happy Abe had decent screen time during the reveal.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I loved Joe Mascola's chapel scenes.

I thought he was the highlight of an otherwise somewhat boring episode.

Chris Kostlecheck giving Sami what for was so WTF.

Dude, Sami has shot more people than any DiMera and she played a MAJOR part in all that just went down.
Go check your Botox, it's affecting your memory.

I'm sure Stefano's deal isn't going to last, but it'll be interesting to see how he acts & how other react to his new persona.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply