Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thorsten Kaye Cast as the New Ridge on B&B!
Topic Started: Oct 15 2013, 07:33 PM (2,843 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Thorsten Kaye Cast as the New Ridge on The Bold and the Beautiful

Posted Image

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bold-Beautiful-Thorsten-Kaye-1072090.aspx
Edited by Daytime, Oct 15 2013, 07:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

I have never even watched this show, but, I can't believe that are replacing Ronn Moss with Thorsten... that's quite a leap lol. Sucks for AMC to lose him though.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Not sure how if this will work. Ridge coming back could be interesting with Brooke/Bill moving forward they way they are.

metitle
Member Avatar

what??????
Oh my goodness, when is his first air-date?
let me put it on my calendar. Then I will start watching this fucking hot mess again.
just see the date: Dec. 13th.
Edited by metitle, Oct 15 2013, 08:14 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I haven't watched BB in many years....but TK is the new Ridge??? Color me SHOCKED!!! :o :o

metitle
Member Avatar

bellajewel
Oct 15 2013, 08:12 PM
I haven't watched BB in many years....but TK is the new Ridge??? Color me SHOCKED!!! :o :o
same here - did not see this coming at all.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I just don't see TK as Ridge F!

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

I'm excited about this cause I like Thorsten as an actor. I figured Ridge had to be recast soon because Brooke has never been happy with any man for any length of time with Ridge always being a factor and she's been too content with Dolla Bill. Will be there in December to see how this all plays out, thanks Daytime for keeping us updated :D

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

Daytime
Oct 15 2013, 07:33 PM
Thorsten Kaye Cast as the New Ridge on The Bold and the Beautiful

Posted Image

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bold-Beautiful-Thorsten-Kaye-1072090.aspx
He looks drunk in this pic :x

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

:lol: Oh, I have got to see this! Bradley tops himself again!

I can't stop :lol:

LPS
Member Avatar

Well he has to be a better actor than Ronn Moss and his million scarves.
Edited by LPS, Oct 15 2013, 09:24 PM.

metitle
Member Avatar

LPS
Oct 15 2013, 09:19 PM
:blulaugh: you come up with the funiest one liners?
Ronn must be pacing back and forth and saying how could Bradley do this to me?

metitle
Member Avatar

of course he is making his appearance as Friday (Dec. 13) as a cliffhanger.
And since its Friday the 13th, you know he is coming back to scare the walking mattress right back into his bed.
I wonder if he is make his appearance "Chucky" like? or even "Jason"
well doesn't matter, the walking mattress will be ready and open.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

GASP!

Nicole Walker

metitle
Oct 15 2013, 09:29 PM
LPS
Oct 15 2013, 09:19 PM
:blulaugh: you come up with the funiest one liners?
Ronn must be pacing back and forth and saying how could Bradley do this to me?
I bet RM has already called KKL and is bitching. They probably having a bitch fest together. I personally hope this Ridge gets with Katie and it'll be payback to Brooke.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Have they lost their mind

If they recasting ridge it better cast someone that does not have damm accent

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Firstly I have to say I'm not sure there is any need for Ridge in the show at this point. The Forrester are nearly phased out, and it's clear that was the intention alla long when they started beefing up the Spencers. Of course, this could prove to work in that if this in fact restores some of the Forrester family, also with the addition of Ally coming along nearly at the same time. Will this mean more storyline for Thomas then?

Not interested in seeing a Ridge/Brooke/Bill triangle, especially when I suspect that BB already has it laid out that Brooke and Bill are now the "it" couple and would win in the end. Which is just ridiculous considering the 25 year history of Brooke and Ridge. Also, the fact that this is a new, unfamiliar actor as Ridge, the audiences won't care about him the same way as with Ronn. Which means the viewers will probably want Brill instead of Bridge. So if they're actually trying to form some sort of triangle, the end result is plain as day. Ridge will be the underdog and Bill (of course) the winner. Now if it were Ronn Moss back as Ridge, then I would actually like to see it happen because it would be sort of new. But not in this cop-out sort of way.

Now as far as the actor Thorsten Kaye goes, I haven't actually seen him act ever, but I've heard very high praise about him from soap bloggers and critics. So I'm sure he's up for the task. Now, after 25 years of being front and center on B&B, we all know that there's going to be lots of complaints anyway, whoever it is as Ridge, because it's a new actor. So I don't think about that as any kind of measure for whether he's successful or not.

However, the person I would have seen best to fill Ridge's shoes would have been Peter Reckell. He could pull off the earring and scarf -wearing, somewhat metrosexual fashion designer, be a leading man, and also charm Brooke's pants off.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

At least it's not Lane Davies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m4hGWGLknQ

metitle
Member Avatar

Lane Davies should never have been cast as Ridge Forrester.
I only saw him as Mason Capwell and no one else.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I am a Brooke and Bill fan but not a fan of Bill and Brooke as a couple.. I hope this will end Brill because as much as I love both of these characters, its not right for them to be together. Sometimes I think KKL isn't comfortable with this pairing but she'll tow the company line and do what she's told. Something about the way she is in scenes with him. She and Don have chemistry but Don seems more into it than she is. Its nothing like when she shared scenes with Ronn.

I for one welcome the recast even though I don't have anything against Ronn. I just want Brooke and Bill to end..I think this pairing has hurt the character of Brooke even more than her past transgressions. I want something different for her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply