Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thorsten Kaye Cast as the New Ridge on B&B!
Topic Started: Oct 15 2013, 07:33 PM (2,873 Views)
vani

With this new Ridge as the big new hot ticket, I guess we can kiss having Thorne in a front burner good-bye. That really sucks. :wtf:Does Bell have against WH? :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Will be interesting to see Ridge played by someone with acting chops! lol I really wish it wasn't Brooke Hogan he was coming back for ugh.

I dont know why they hardly use Thorne. I thought he could've been hooked up with Katie.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
#BringonJulexis

LMAO so much! seriously? wow. I've always liked TK as Zach on AMC. If this means it will end Brill once and for all, I'm all for it.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Oct 15 2013, 11:51 PM
metitle
Oct 15 2013, 09:29 PM
LPS
Oct 15 2013, 09:19 PM
Well he has to be a better actor than Ronn Moss and his million scarves.
:blulaugh: you come up with the funiest one liners?
Ronn must be pacing back and forth and saying how could Bradley do this to me?
I bet RM has already called KKL and is bitching. They probably having a bitch fest together. I personally hope this Ridge gets with Katie and it'll be payback to Brooke.
It's so crazy, but I was just thinking that a few weeks ago. But then the thought of Moss and Tom together was kinda weird, so I just brushed it off. This new recast (and Thorsten no less!) could reinvigorate my desire to see a Ridge/Katie revenge hookup/relationship. lol

metitle
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Oct 16 2013, 12:52 PM
Nicole Dimera
Oct 15 2013, 11:51 PM
metitle
Oct 15 2013, 09:29 PM
LPS
Oct 15 2013, 09:19 PM
Well he has to be a better actor than Ronn Moss and his million scarves.
:blulaugh: you come up with the funiest one liners?
Ronn must be pacing back and forth and saying how could Bradley do this to me?
I bet RM has already called KKL and is bitching. They probably having a bitch fest together. I personally hope this Ridge gets with Katie and it'll be payback to Brooke.
It's so crazy, but I was just thinking that a few weeks ago. But then the thought of Moss and Tom together was kinda weird, so I just brushed it off. This new recast (and Thorsten no less!) could reinvigorate my desire to see a Ridge/Katie revenge hookup/relationship. lol
I am all about the revenge part.
But then Katie will probably sink to Brooke's nasty level.
Besides wasn't Ridge who dumped Brooke because he claimed she was still talking to Deacon?
That was just a contrive story for the return of Deacon Sharpe.
After all they do share a useless kid - oops, I mean hopeless kid -- oops again - I mean Hope.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Well Kaye is definitely a better actor than Moss. I'm just not seeing him as Ridge. Does this mean Kaye is leaving the east coast and heading west? If he does, and he's taking his family along, I'd like to see Susan Haskell end up somewhere. I don't care if it's at B&B with her hubby, or one of the other soaps.

Hope and Wyatt Fan
Member Avatar

I'm so excited Thorsten Kaye is playing as the new Ridge cause he is a great actor and he will be great playing as the New Ridge

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Daytime
Oct 16 2013, 08:06 AM
I am a Brooke and Bill fan but not a fan of Bill and Brooke as a couple.. I hope this will end Brill because as much as I love both of these characters, its not right for them to be together. Sometimes I think KKL isn't comfortable with this pairing but she'll tow the company line and do what she's told. Something about the way she is in scenes with him. She and Don have chemistry but Don seems more into it than she is. Its nothing like when she shared scenes with Ronn.

I for one welcome the recast even though I don't have anything against Ronn. I just want Brooke and Bill to end..I think this pairing has hurt the character of Brooke even more than her past transgressions. I want something different for her.
Totally agree with everything you've said Daytime. I've tried to find the appeal of Brill but I agree something is definitely off with Kelly in her scenes with Don. It's nearly painful to watch them together. That said I'm betting Thorsten had to screen test with Kelly before the hire at least I hope so.

Hope and Wyatt Fan
Member Avatar

Fafokahw
Oct 16 2013, 03:56 PM
Daytime
Oct 16 2013, 08:06 AM
I am a Brooke and Bill fan but not a fan of Bill and Brooke as a couple.. I hope this will end Brill because as much as I love both of these characters, its not right for them to be together. Sometimes I think KKL isn't comfortable with this pairing but she'll tow the company line and do what she's told. Something about the way she is in scenes with him. She and Don have chemistry but Don seems more into it than she is. Its nothing like when she shared scenes with Ronn.

I for one welcome the recast even though I don't have anything against Ronn. I just want Brooke and Bill to end..I think this pairing has hurt the character of Brooke even more than her past transgressions. I want something different for her.
Totally agree with everything you've said Daytime. I've tried to find the appeal of Brill but I agree something is definitely off with Kelly in her scenes with Don. It's nearly painful to watch them together. That said I'm betting Thorsten had to screen test with Kelly before the hire at least I hope so.
I complete agree agree with you but Ridge needs to end Brill once and for all yes Brooke loves Bill but she's not in love with him she's in love with Ridge he will always be in her heart Ridge is Brooke soulmate and they will always get back together no matter who Brooke is with

Nicole Walker

Heather Tom is excited about Thorsten coming to B&B!

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

DrewHamilton
Oct 16 2013, 02:44 PM
If he does, and he's taking his family along, I'd like to see Susan Haskell end up somewhere. I don't care if it's at B&B with her hubby, or one of the other soaps.
This! I don't watch The Bold & The Beautiful, so this news doesn't affect me, but I would love to see Susan Haskell on one of the four remaining soaps.

natdot99
Member Avatar

TK is fine as hell and i love his voice.
First boo
all Bell is going to do is write a triangle between Bill/Brooke/Ridge. It would be great to see Bill get his karma so see how Brooke will change her feelings for him once Ridge returns to LA.
Second boo
The better have a good explanation for him missing his mother funeral, daughter wedding, and Stephanie changing her trust agreement in favor of Eric over Thomas.

metitle
Member Avatar

natdot99
Oct 17 2013, 03:14 PM
First boo
all Bell is going to do is write a triangle between Bill/Brooke/Ridge. It would be great to see Bill get his karma so see how Brooke will change her feelings for him once Ridge returns to LA.
Second boo
The better have a good explanation for him missing his mother funeral, daughter wedding, and Stephanie changing her trust agreement in favor of Eric over Thomas.
you know that's exactly what he is planning to do.
write another frigging triangle.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

metitle
Oct 17 2013, 03:39 PM
natdot99
Oct 17 2013, 03:14 PM
First boo
Second boo
you know that's exactly what he is planning to do.
write another frigging triangle.
As long as it's not Steffy/Liam/Hope, Hope/Wyatt/Liam, Maya/Caroline/Rick, or Rick/Maya/Carter.

This show has too many damn triangles.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Too many darn flashback.

Interesting to have him on the show.

ratfink
Member Avatar

What fun! I am loving it! :popcorn: :drunk:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Miss Rhi
Oct 16 2013, 07:02 AM
At least it's not Lane Davies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m4hGWGLknQ
Well, you could almost believe him to be Eric's son just by the identical speech pattern.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Has Kaye ever acted without the accent?

BlueEyes28
Member Avatar

Haven't seen him act before but will give him a chance.Hopefully Ridge comes back to take Brooke away from Bill.Have no interest in him and Katie.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Aiden: "Hope, you are a beautiful woman. And I like you." (8/19/14)

Poor Thorsten. I get that soap actors are so desperate to get jobs, with soap operas on the decline. But I don't think this guy truly realizes what he is getting himself into.

Hope everything works out for him in the end.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply