Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: The Shelly Altman Interview
Topic Started: Oct 16 2013, 02:48 PM (1,330 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

The Shelly Altman Interview The Young and the Restless

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/the-young-and-the-restless/the-shelly-altman-interview-the-young-and-the-restless/2013/10/16/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Like many new head writers before her, Altman says the right things. We'll see, though...

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I can understand them adding newer, younger characters, can't have everyone in the same age group.
I don't mind it if the younger actors actually have talent.
That's one reason I only watch Y&R, all the other soaps, imo, had such cheezy acting, and Y&R didn't.
Edited by Sammie Jo, Oct 17 2013, 09:29 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Horrible + all lies.

How dare these people even say these things out loud? Do they have no shame?

I don't think she said any of the "right things". She's basically confirming all the bad things people have been talking about this show. It's disgusting.

Y&R now is a travesty. A mockery, and a mere shadow of the once Great show William J. Bell created.

LPS
Member Avatar

I just think Y&R is incredibly unstable. Bill Bell trained Alden to be his successor and ever since Bell died, it has been one power struggle after another.
Edited by LPS, Oct 18 2013, 12:42 AM.

Soapwatcher

See that's another script that didn't have to be written, they printed it once, and each writer and producer dust it off and repeat it word for word.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

"further root Dylan onto the canvas", we all knew that was happening :puke:
"going to see a stronger, healthier, Sharon approaching life and love and relationships in a different way", how many time are they going to tell us that and each time she gets a little worse :shrug:
"fix Y&R" :blah: :blah: :blah:

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Oct 16 2013, 04:16 PM
I can understand them adding newer, younger characters, can't have everyone in the same age group.
That's one reason I only watch Y&R, all the other soaps, imo, had such cheezy acting, and Y&R didn't.
The casting has been very weak! I can name several characters who suck as actors: Carmine, Kyle, Abby, Mason, Courtney and the biggest one of all Dylan! SBu adds no dimension to the show. When he's not on I forget he's even part of the canvas! Little Faith acts circles around them all.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Oct 17 2013, 06:49 PM
Sammie Jo
The casting has been very weak! I can name several characters who suck as actors: Carmine, Kyle, Abby, Mason, Courtney and the biggest one of all Dylan! SBu adds no dimension to the show. When he's not on I forget he's even part of the canvas! Little Faith acts circles around them all.
That's what I said, if they actually have talent, I'm okay with bringing in some new characters, but so far they haven't brought in many talented newbies.
Ita with your list, except for Dylan, I think he might be better with a more interesting script.

Soapwatcher

It was mentioned that they're going to keep the one who plays Hillary/Ann too, that she's not really "bad" just mourning her mother, excuse after how many years? so we have to put up with her too and she doesn't add anything to the canvas at all.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Thank God Faith isn't on much either. I'd have to have a priest near to perform and exorcism on my television.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Oct 18 2013, 07:28 AM
It was mentioned that they're going to keep the one who plays Hillary/Ann too, that she's not really "bad" just mourning her mother, excuse after how many years? so we have to put up with her too and she doesn't add anything to the canvas at all.
I agree about Hillary and the "mourning", sorry honey, your mom was a drunk and she and she alone, drank herself to death.
A friend of mine did this, she daily consumed a half gallon of vodka, one day, her husband came home to find her dead in her bed, with her half finished bottle of vodka by her side.
It's very sad, but no one's fault except the person doing the drinking.
They have let the Gus connection drop, no one is even mentioned in months.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Oct 18 2013, 12:37 AM
3WishGenie
Oct 17 2013, 06:49 PM
Sammie Jo
That's what I said, if they actually have talent, I'm okay with bringing in some new characters, but so far they haven't brought in many talented newbies.
Ita with your list, except for Dylan, I think he might be better with a more interesting script.
I dont think SBu can do anything different from his usual Jason performance. While I rejoiced at his departure from GH, I turned around only to want to jump off a bridge at him joining Y&R!! LOL :drunk:

Btw I was agreeing with you there. I also wouldn't have a problem with newbies if they actually brought in actors of a certain caliber. However JFP is only interested in what looks good and cheap. All the actors who have talent were already part of the show before she joined.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply