Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 10/21
Topic Started: Oct 21 2013, 07:19 AM (12,194 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Please post all interesting/spoilerish tweets in this thread. If a news article or new video is also tweeted (for example by SOD or NBC), it should probably go in its own thread, following our normal rules. This thread is for tweets, usually from someone on the list below, which give us information in some way about anything related to the show or upcoming storylines.

Please link each tweet and then set it off in italics, quotes or a quote box. To link a tweet, click "expand" and then click "details". That will give you the link to the tweet on its own page. If this is difficult (ie posting from a phone), please at least set off the tweet in quotation marks.

If anyone has names to add to this thread, please PM them to me rather than putting them in the thread. There are unfortunately a lot of fake accounts out there, and we want to verify each account is legit before putting it in this list.

I have entered the below list as a "Twitter List" under the DaytimeRoyalty twitter account. To access it, go to

http://twitter.com/DaytimeRoyalty/days-of-our-lives

Then click "Follow this list". It will then appear in your lists.

Thanks! :smile:

Posted Image

List of Twitter and FB pages

Official Days Accounts
@Daysofourlives
@NbcDays

Current Days Cast
Kristian Alfonso - @kjalfonso
Camila Banus - @camilabanus
Blake Berris - @blakeberris
Shawn Christian - @ShawnC4Real
Bryan Dattilo @bryan_dattilo
Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty
Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson, Eileen Davidson Facebook
Casey Deidrick - @caseydeidrick
Sean Douglas - @TheSean_Douglas
Judi Evans - @TheJudiEvans
Galen Gering - @Galengering, Jenna Gering (wife) @jennagering
Deidre Hall - @DeidreHall, The Deidre Hall Fan Page (Facebook)
Bill & Susan Hayes - @DaysHayes
Drake Hogestyn - @DrakeHogestyn, Drake Hogestyn Facebook
Lauren Koslow - @LaurenKoslow
Wally Kurth - @Wallykurth
Jen Lilley - @jen_lilley
Meredith Scott Lynn - @MeredithSLynn
Kate Mansi - @katemansi
Eric Martsolf - @EricMartsolf
Chandler Massey - @ChandlerMassey
Casey Moss - @1CaseyMoss
Nathan Owens - @Nathanjowens
Terrell Ransom Jr. - @TerrellRansomJr
Melissa Reeves - @missyreeves4
James Reynolds - @JreynoldsJames
Suzanne Rogers - @SuzanneC_Rogers, Suzanne Rogers Facebook
James Scott - @IamJamesScott
Freddie Smith - @freddiemsmith
Chrishell Stause - @Chrishell7
Alison Sweeney - @Ali_Sweeney, Alison Sweeney Facebook
Greg Vaughan - @greg_vaughan
Guy Wilson - @THEguywilson
Ari Zucker - @Ari_Zucker, Ari Zucker Facebook

Writers/Hairstylists/Other Staff
Lisa De Cazotte (Co-Executive producer) - @DeCazotte1
Judie Henninger (Promos) - @heyjude14
Matthew Holman (Hairstylist) - @Matthewhairpro
Jayne Marie Kehoe (Wardrobe) - @costumesbyjmk
Patrick Kilian (Former Hairstylist) - @patrickkilian
Maggie Klaus (Former 'Days Insider') - @TheRealMagstar

Former Days cast active on twitter or Facebook and not currently on another soap:
Matt Ashford - @matthew_ashford
Nadia Bjorlin - @realnadiab
Kyle Brandt - @KyleBrandt34
Tamara Braun - @tamarabraun
Darin Brooks - @theedarinbrooks
Sarah Brown - @sarahjoybrown,Sarah Brown Facebook
Ian Buchanan @KilttripUSA
Molly Burnett - @mollydollyy
Crystal Chappell - @crystalchappell
Christie Clark - @Christie__Clark, Christie Clark Facebook
Patrika Darbo - @PatrikaDarbo
Bren Foster - @BrenFosterReal
Staci Greason - @StaciGreason
Mark Hapka - @MarkHapka
Shelley Hennig - @Shelleyhennig
Brody Hutzler - @brodyhutzler
Gloria Loring - @theglorialoring
Kyle Lowder - @kylelowder22
Martha Madison - @Marth27, Martha Madison Facebook
Rachel Melvin - @Rachel_Melvin
Patrick Muldoon - @MuldoonPatrick
Patsy Pease - @PatriciaPease
Austin Peck - @AustinRed5
Thaao Penghlis - @ThaaoPenghlis
Julie Pinson - @JuliePinsonCom
Peter Reckell - @PeterReckell
Lisa Rinna - @lisarinna
Michael Sabatino - @michaelsabatino
Francisco San Martin - @Pepoduder
Kevin Spirtas - Kevin Spirtas Fan Page (Facebook)
Charles Shaughnessy - @c_shaughnessy
Billy Warlock - @billywarlock
Valerie Wildman - @ValerieWildman
Schuyler Yancey - @schuyleryancey

Contact Info:

DAYS Comment Line: 1-818-840-2067

Ken Corday
Executive Producer, Days of Our Lives
3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 170
Burbank, CA 91505

Greg Meng
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523
gmeng@dool.net

Lisa De Cazotte
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Bruce Evans
SVP, Current Programming
NBC/Universal
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Rebecca McGill
Director, Drama Programming
NBC Television Network
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Gary Tomlin
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Chris Whitesell
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Writing Team
Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Michael Lynton
Chairman & CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
10202 West Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232-3195

Steve Kent
Senior Executive VP of Programming
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
steve_kent@spe.sony.com

Soap Opera Digest
4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10004
sodsound@soapoperadigest.com

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
feedback@sonypictures.com and spe_corporate_communications@spe.sony.com

------------------------------------------------------------

It is unlikely SOD will print any letter that bashes an actor/actress, producer or headwriter. Try to be reasonable and respectful with your criticism, but don't be afraid to express your point of view about the show and its storylines.

If the comment line inboxes are full, wait until they're emptied and call back later.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The PR team at Days wants us to let everyone know they check this board daily and they report our feedback to producers. They also check the comment line, so make sure to call it often and leave your feedback about the show!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Replies:
throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Oct 22 2013, 11:11 AM
LuvingLumi
Oct 22 2013, 10:50 AM
I just wish that before the 50th Days gets a new writing team...just saying
I often imagine what Dool would be like under Carlivati, and the thought excites yet terrifies me at the same time. :unsure:
No Carlivati, please. But I would not be sad to see TomSell go.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

The current writing team doesn't know who to juggle/maintain multiple storylines well. Back in the day, DAYS was able to sustain multiple storylines of interest and utilize more characters. Now, we get one slow storyline at a time....big snooze.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Oct 22 2013, 11:51 AM
The current writing team doesn't know who to juggle/maintain multiple storylines well. Back in the day, DAYS was able to sustain multiple storylines of interest and utilize more characters. Now, we get one slow storyline at a time....big snooze.
I think their bigger issue is that they can't right characters.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Oct 21 2013, 11:10 PM
tylerbo20
Oct 21 2013, 07:31 PM
Hope they deal with Bo soon on this show
especially since Peter has no current plans on returning (at least that's the really strong impression he gave in his interview). He didn't even want to be a face seen during the 50th anniversary if that's all they were gonna give him. It kinda sounds like he's bitter about the show.
He knows how iconic Bo & Bope are & how central they are to the show's history. So him not wanting to return for the 50th even for a brief appearance is such a slap in the face to Days fans as a whole.
He also apparently dislikes the way Bo was written out and was disappointed that there was no Emmy opportunity for him during his exit. He said in an interview that Ken told him he wouldn't kill off Bo. If Peter really wanted that Emmy moment, he should've told Ken to do just the opposite and kill Bo in some fashion that would give Peter material, as well as Kristian. (There's no way that Peter could've gotten material without also giving Kristian material if Bo had died as part of Peter's exit.)
I'm going to refrain from commenting on anything else he said in the interview. I'll let people listen to it themselves and create their own thoughts and interpretations of what he said, and didn't say.
Just listened to the interview. I'm not sure I would characterize him as bitter but he's definitely disappointed and hurt that he was no longer considered a lead. I liked that he did acknowledge that the same thing happened to the vets who were there before him and said they were gracious about it. He still seemed surprised that it happened to him. It stinks but pushing aside middle-aged and older people in favor of the young is a natural part of life. It doesn't just happen in show business. Like you I won't say more so as not to spoil it for those who haven't listened.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Oct 22 2013, 11:47 AM
JtSmarts
LuvingLumi
I often imagine what Dool would be like under Carlivati, and the thought excites yet terrifies me at the same time. :unsure:
I know it'll probably never happen in a million years but I'd love to see Thom Racina come back (I'd ultimately love to see Sheri come back but she seems content with what she's doing now so I'd settle for Thom) .... is it really that hard to find good writers who know how to write compelling character driven storylines?? I am beyond sick of the character assassinations and ridiculous plot driven storylines
Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

DocandJohn4ever
Oct 22 2013, 12:52 PM
throughthehourglass
JtSmarts
LuvingLumi
I know it'll probably never happen in a million years but I'd love to see Thom Racina come back (I'd ultimately love to see Sheri come back but she seems content with what she's doing now so I'd settle for Thom) .... is it really that hard to find good writers who know how to write compelling character driven storylines?? I am beyond sick of the character assassinations and ridiculous plot driven storylines
Racina would be great, and I liked what he attempted to do at OLTL recently.
Offline Profile Goto Top

maverick
Member Avatar

delete
Edited by maverick, Oct 23 2013, 12:00 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

shyone269: @DaysHayes You two are always greatly missed here and of course on #Days Are we going to see you two soon?
DaysHayes: @shyone269 Dec. 24&25, and Julie several in Jan.
https://twitter.com/dayshayes/status/392796776883036160
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Oct 22 2013, 06:43 PM
shyone269: @DaysHayes You two are always greatly missed here and of course on #Days Are we going to see you two soon?
DaysHayes: @shyone269 Dec. 24&25, and Julie several in Jan.
https://twitter.com/dayshayes/status/392796776883036160
I wish we'd see them more, but the promise of more Julie in January is a hopeful sight.

How many times does it have to be stated that this show lost a part of it's soul when first Mac Carey, and Then Francis Reid, passed away. Tom and Alice were the heart of Salem, and helmed the headline family the show was based upon, the Horton's.

Susan Hayes and Bill Hayes can never be Tom and Alice, but Doug and Julie could serve as an epicenter of reason. I mean, what would Tom think about Dan and Jennifer, if he were in character? We need a moral center to voice concern, and say what the fans are thinking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Oct 22 2013, 11:51 AM
Yep! There was always a story pyramid for the show under successful head writers:

There was the A story and it was front and center. It was usually an umbrella story that would tie in several main characters, but center around a selected few.

There was a B story, that was going on, or just starting, as the A story was ramping up. Once the A story climaxed, the B story sucked characters in and gained momentum, so the viewer was automatically drawn into drama unfolding.

Then the C story served as a backdrop that would climax between the A an B climax, so the drama didn't stop, The C story did not have to contain a lot of "main characters", but if well written could uncover a new star of the show and ratings boost.

The show would revolve like an engine, and it felt like each set of couples or characters would be featured in an A story, they just had to wait their turn and it would happen. Also, the B story could and would evolve into the A story, and spread through the canvas.

It's so easy to see, so why don't we see it? Do soap writers need to take some courses on writing before taking on a show in this genre.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

DocandJohn4ever
throughthehourglass
JtSmarts
LuvingLumi
I think a headwriting team of Thom Racina and Lorraine Broderick would be fabulous. Or even him and Carolyn Culliton. Or Carolyn and Lorraine like Matt suggested with Richard C as breakdown writer. Those combinations do have the potential to be great writing teams imo.
Edited by Reese, Oct 22 2013, 08:04 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Thuggie101
Member Avatar

@KJAlfonso: Hope you all had a sweeeet beautiful day;)) http://t.co/i8QeQx9i0D
Offline Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Reese
Oct 22 2013, 08:01 PM
DocandJohn4ever
throughthehourglass
JtSmarts

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think a headwriting team of Thom Racina and Lorraine Broderick would be fabulous. Or even him and Carolyn Culliton. Or Carolyn and Lorraine like Matt suggested with Richard C as breakdown writer. Those combinations do have the potential to be great writing teams imo.
Well, Days needs something and someone else, cause Tomsell isn't getting the job done. We need some characters that are actually written in character and some character driven stories, which I thought either Meng or KC told us we would be getting. Of course, they also told us we would be getting midwestern family values ( I guess drugging and raping a priest doesn't quite fit that mold, huh? ), the bad guys would pay, and there would be romance. I haven't seen any of those things. :frustration:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Thuggie101
Oct 22 2013, 08:24 PM
@KJAlfonso: Hope you all had a sweeeet beautiful day;)) http://t.co/i8QeQx9i0D
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

greg_vaughan: Thank You ALL for your acknowledgements for today's air show, directed by @Ali_Sweeney @DaysofourLives #days
https://twitter.com/greg_vaughan/status/392820583882174465

greg_vaughan: Today's performance by @Ari_Zucker was nothing short of heartfelt & excellent on all levels! @DaysofourLives #days
https://twitter.com/greg_vaughan/status/392821605505585154

greg_vaughan: Personally, after just watching today's airshow, @DaysofourLives has a tremendous cast, writers, directors & crew that produce a GREAT show!
https://twitter.com/greg_vaughan/status/392825159087689728

greg_vaughan: As the story continues down a dark journey ahead, prepare for what will be a path that will have you on the edge of ur seat @DaysofourLives
https://twitter.com/greg_vaughan/status/392830914729750528
Edited by Supergirlx2, Oct 22 2013, 09:04 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

zyona

Supergirlx2
Oct 22 2013, 08:38 PM
greg_vaughan: Thank You ALL for your acknowledgements for today's air show, directed by @Ali_Sweeney @DaysofourLives #days
https://twitter.com/greg_vaughan/status/392820583882174465

greg_vaughan: Today's performance by @Ari_Zucker was nothing short of heartfelt & excellent on all levels! @DaysofourLives #days
https://twitter.com/greg_vaughan/status/392821605505585154

greg_vaughan: Personally, after just watching today's airshow, @DaysofourLives has a tremendous cast, writers, directors & crew that produce a GREAT show!
https://twitter.com/greg_vaughan/status/392825159087689728

greg_vaughan: As the story continues down a dark journey ahead, prepare for what will be a path that will have you on the edge of ur seat @DaysofourLives
https://twitter.com/greg_vaughan/status/392830914729750528
He trying to sell this story so hard!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysmemories

Days is thinking about the 50th. Thats good!!! But hell no to Tomlin when that time comes. Im sure the show will still suck.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

daysmemories
Oct 22 2013, 10:28 PM
Days is thinking about the 50th. Thats good!!! But hell no to Tomlin when that time comes. Im sure the show will still suck.
Days' 50th is still over 18 months away. It's possible that Peter just added that bit about the 50th to try to make what he was saying sound more dramatic.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Poor GV, sorry but this story is crap with a capital S.H.I.T. but I still love him.
Edited by Laufeyson, Oct 22 2013, 11:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

Supergirlx2
Oct 22 2013, 10:34 PM
daysmemories
Oct 22 2013, 10:28 PM
Days' 50th is still over 18 months away. It's possible that Peter just added that bit about the 50th to try to make what he was saying sound more dramatic.
Can only hope, but if TomSell is at the helm and the show is still on the air, Peter Reckell will not be apart of the anniversary. I too listened to the interview and cannot blame him for not coming back. TomSell can only write for the EJ/Sami show and I think most of would like to puke at the thought of anymore. But I'm sure the writers will bore us to death...that is, if Days makes it that far. JMO
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Days Details · Next Topic »
Locked Topic