Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the Week of October 7-11, 2013
Topic Started: Oct 21 2013, 09:59 AM (2,360 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

Was this the week that Delia got mowed over? The following week's ratings should be interesting. Rumor is JFP is nervous because she didn't expect to receive such negative viewer backlash from the storyline. *can we say "duh?!*
Edited by LPS, Oct 22 2013, 10:52 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WrecklessLove
Member Avatar

as a daily GH watcher there are multiple storylines and are grating my nerves, but i cant turn away lol it really is great campy tv right now. very deserving of the ratings. the only complaint i have is that some storylines just fall off the face of the earth because the cast is so big and there's so much going on. AJ being arrested for Connie's murder was a big damn deal a month ago. not so much anymore because of the Robin propping

seattlegirl

LPS
Oct 22 2013, 10:30 AM
Was this week that Delia got mowed over? The following week's ratings should be interesting. Rumor is JFP is nervous because she didn't expect to receive such negative viewer backlash from the storyline. *can we say "duh?!*
JFP must have selective memory. This same exact story line is what got her removed from GH. I pray to the soap gods (Bill Bell, Jeanne Cooper) that they make Sony wake up & make some changes pronto before YR moves down to the last spot in the ratings. Many warned us what we could expect with JFP in charge, sadly it is even worse than anyone could imagine. She has dismantled so much of what Bill Bell did. Iconic sets destroyed, brought on newbie about newbie. Bringing her personal favorite Steve Burton's Dylan on who is being shoved down our throat and soon to be attached to a core character. Not to mention she fired Bill Bell's music department making way for her friends while our classical YR music has been deleted. Time for Sony to wake up and fix their mistake.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

seattlegirl
Oct 22 2013, 10:55 AM
LPS
Was this week that Delia got mowed over? The following week's ratings should be interesting. Rumor is JFP is nervous because she didn't expect to receive such negative viewer backlash from the storyline. *can we say "duh?!*
JFP must have selective memory. This same exact story line is what got her removed from GH. I pray to the soap gods (Bill Bell, Jeanne Cooper) that they make Sony wake up & make some changes pronto before YR moves down to the last spot in the ratings. Many warned us what we could expect with JFP in charge, sadly it is even worse than anyone could imagine. She has dismantled so much of what Bill Bell did. Iconic sets destroyed, brought on newbie about newbie. Bringing her personal favorite Steve Burton's Dylan on who is being shoved down our throat and soon to be attached to a core character. Not to mention she fired Bill Bell's music department making way for her friends while our classical YR music has been deleted. Time for Sony to wake up and fix their mistake.
I feel your pain, seattlegirl. JFP is a soap killer. She decimated Another World in the mid 1990s and set it on the path to cancellation. Although I don't watch Y&R anymore, I'm not at all surprised to hear that she's trashing it.

Yet she keeps getting hired. They say that clinical insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The executive producers in the soap world clearly suffer from clinical insanity. :)

bygnedys

With not many soaps left on air, there must be some writers out of work who could write better stuff.

If Days wants high ratings, kill D a n i e l.

On Y/R the story should be about Billy and Deila losing their little girl, but newbies are getting more airtime and being told about it before major characters who be told first or be a big part of it.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

I see nothing positive about Days ratings. One week 2.0s. The next 1.7s. The next week 1.8s and 1.9s. No consistency at all.

metitle
Member Avatar

LPS
Was this the week that Delia got mowed over? The following week's ratings should be interesting. Rumor is JFP is nervous because she didn't expect to receive such negative viewer backlash from the storyline. *can we say "duh?!*
really? She is nervous eh?
Well she ought to be.
She needs to kill off Victor for good.
That would send the ratings higher.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Oct 22 2013, 08:07 AM
Yay for GH!! It's been great lately. I couldn't care less about Days anymore. It's predictable, slow-moving and the adoration of the Orange One is so over the top and my tolerance has run completely out for it. I hope someone at Y&R wakes up soon, before Jill Farren Phelps has anymore little children wonder onto the road in the night and get viciously mowed down. That's her idea of compelling story telling. :shame:
Oh my God! JFP killed off a child on Y&R the same way she killed off Jake on GH! That along with the terrible way Brenda was brought back brought GH to the brink of cancellation in 2011. Even though I've heard some negative things about JFP I simply cannot believe she did the same thing to another child within a year of taking the helm at Young and the Restless. What a hack of epic proportions!

bygnedys

I still say Days big mistake besides the orange one, is they tape too darn far ahead. It might save them on the budget, but it doesn't allow a chance to make changes when something isn't working.

I hope G.H. doesn't mess up and lose their gains. R.C. has known for some time that Robin was coming back and he had time to write some stuff that made sense. Tues, U.S. on the show they rushed it in order to get her back to P.C. and had the characters all bow down to one guy with a gun. It was terrible writing considering all the good guys had guns as well.

blueskies
Member Avatar

^I don't know the specifics of the GH or YR child death stories, but I mean how bad could they be? The Zack-death storyline still rips my heart out and even though I sometimes wish they hadn't killed him, it sure provided a heck of a great storyline.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

bygnedys
Oct 23 2013, 09:20 AM
I still say Days big mistake besides the orange one, is they tape too darn far ahead. It might save them on the budget, but it doesn't allow a chance to make changes when something isn't working.

I hope G.H. doesn't mess up and lose their gains. R.C. has known for some time that Robin was coming back and he had time to write some stuff that made sense. Tues, U.S. on the show they rushed it in order to get her back to P.C. and had the characters all bow down to one guy with a gun. It was terrible writing considering all the good guys had guns as well.
I agree they tape way too far ahead, but even tho they do, they knew clear back in June and July when much of this garbage was taped, that fans were unhappy with some couples and s/ls, but I am guessing did nothing to change things. From pics and tweets we have seen about what they are now taping for Feb..there is nothing different happening.
Edited by magicsteacher, Oct 23 2013, 10:52 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

They killed off Delia on Y&R? Wow, that show just keeps making mistakes one after another..

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Manny
Oct 23 2013, 12:37 PM
They killed off Delia on Y&R? Wow, that show just keeps making mistakes one after another..
And again they sacrificed an Abbott for a Newman! Getting ready old…..

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

metitle
Oct 21 2013, 02:57 PM
Southofsoap
Oct 21 2013, 01:05 PM
Yikes at Y&R and B&B - were there lots of pre-emptions on CBS that week?
B&B is off its game.
The show is only about a handful of folks (Hopeless, Lame-Ass, Wyatt, Caroline and Rick)
The reason I dislike this show immensely.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

bygnedys
Oct 22 2013, 12:22 PM
With not many soaps left on air, there must be some writers out of work who could write better stuff.

On Y/R the story should be about Billy and Deila losing their little girl, but newbies are getting more airtime and being told about it before major characters who be told first or be a big part of it.
It seems to be just the opposite: the worst of the worst are rising from the ashes and hammering the nails even deeper on the soap opera coffins.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Oct 29 2013, 10:23 AM
bygnedys
Oct 22 2013, 12:22 PM

It seems to be just the opposite: the worst of the worst are rising from the ashes and hammering the nails even deeper on the soap opera coffins.
It is baffling, and boggles my mind, how the execs at CBS thought hiring Jill Farren Phelps, who helped drive GH into the ground to the brink of cancellation, was a smart business move.

outrageous
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Oct 22 2013, 07:56 AM
magicsteacher
Oct 21 2013, 07:28 PM
Kudos to GH. I have started watching and right now it's way, way better than Days. More drama, more storyline movement and the sets are ten times better... not to mention the acting.

Unfortunately, Days is stuck in neutral with the same storylines and the same characters going around and around and around. BORING. :shame:
I couldn't give two craps about Days at this point. I will always love the show because I grew up watching it. That said, the show has become the Daniel Jonas show. TomSell's obsession with Daniel is out of control. Too many characters have been ruined and too many vets backburned for the sake of the scumbag character. The show desperately needs new writers and the character needs to backburned if not written off all together.
Be careful what you wish for lol. When Higley was the writer and replaced, we got TomSel. When they got replaced we got MarDar. When they were replaced, we got TomSel again. Ask for another replacement, we'll get Higley back. I think it's pretty much pick your poison right now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply