Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Drake Hogestyn Back!
Topic Started: Oct 21 2013, 12:48 PM (9,606 Views)
Ellie

http://soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-drake-hogestyn-back-days

Oct 21, 2013

Drake Hogestyn, who last aired as John in June, returns to the DAYS studio today to begin taping new episodes. Expect the actor to air again in early 2014. In the 8/12 issue of Digest, Executive Producer Ken Corday indicated there was a good chance Hogestyn would be back, adding, "I consider him one of the iconic characters in Salem and someone who can come and go because John Black is a superspy, know all-do all. It is very possible that by the end of the year or the turn of the year, you will see him again."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

"Early 2014" = Mid-to-late February
(didn't Freddie tweet something about Valentine's Day a short while ago?)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LMAO at KC's description of John Black.

Anyway, happy for his fans, but sad for me. I was soooo enjoying a John-less Marlena.

Keith
Member Avatar

If they instantly reunite John with Marlena, I will vomit. Give us a STORY.

lysie
Member Avatar

If Marlena grovels to him, I'm throwing my tv and my laptop out my window.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
DraDeeDOESitBETTER best couple on DAYS

please it better be long time thing...not just to wrap again some scenes....hoping for a J&M reunion!!!

six
Member Avatar

RIP interesting Marlena. It's been fun.

Congrats John fans.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Wow. Well this is surprising.

I was fully convinced that was the last of John Black that would ever be seen, unless the show was cancelled.

Mostly happy for Deidre, though.
Edited by Yoryla, Oct 21 2013, 01:01 PM.

Ellie

six
Oct 21 2013, 12:59 PM
Marlena's storyline with Kristen is wrapping up (I mean, we know this based on Eileen leaving if nothing else), and what we have to go on is Corday's statement that she'll be Eric and Sami's mother. I'm a J&M fan but regardless, I think anything with John is going to be much more interesting than repeated convos in the coffeehouse with Sami.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Oct 21 2013, 12:50 PM
"Early 2014" = Mid-to-late February
(didn't Freddie tweet something about Valentine's Day a short while ago?)
Yes. If he's begun to just film today, he definitely won't be seen until the end of February, possibly early March.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Like others have said, for Drake's fan, I know you are happy. I so like Marlena without John. To me, some of the best stuff I've seen with them is when John was died and then "died". Hope it all works out.

six
Member Avatar

Ellie
Oct 21 2013, 01:02 PM
six
Marlena's storyline with Kristen is wrapping up (I mean, we know this based on Eileen leaving if nothing else), and what we have to go on is Corday's statement that she'll be Eric and Sami's mother. I'm a J&M fan but regardless, I think anything with John is going to be much more interesting than repeated convos in the coffeehouse with Sami.
I disagree, simply because for the most part, the Marlena who interacts with John is the Marlena that drives me up the wall, (seriously, I've thought I hated her since they reunited, but in 2007, I realized John was to blame the whole time), but I'm glad you folks will have your couple back.
Edited by six, Oct 21 2013, 01:11 PM.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Uggh, I have loved Marlena so much without him. Now she turns into a lovesick doormat again :(

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Oct 21 2013, 01:08 PM
Ellie
six
I disagree, simply because for the most part, the Marlena who interacts with John is the Marlena that drives me up the wall, (seriously, I've thought I hated her since they reunited, but apparently John has been the problem this whole time), but I'm glad you folks will have your couple back.
I'm not.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 21 2013, 01:10 PM
six
Ellie
six
I disagree, simply because for the most part, the Marlena who interacts with John is the Marlena that drives me up the wall, (seriously, I've thought I hated her since they reunited, but apparently John has been the problem this whole time), but I'm glad you folks will have your couple back.
I'm not.
I'm giving graciousness a spin.

Keith
Member Avatar

If John Black doesn't have to pay dearly for his residual feeling for Kristen and what it did to his relationship with Marlena, I don't think any J&M fan will be pleased.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I am excited... to a point! I have to wait and see what the storyline is honestly. I don't want insta J&M romance. I would like a actual storyline for John and/or Marlena that doesn't revolve around their children.

And on a side note... give them their house back!!! I am beyond sick of the coffeehouse/nightclub and Horton Square!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I am crying I am sooo happy,about fucking time.

Ken,you could give a shit about Drake or John Black.

But make John have to work for getting Marlena back.

Tammy
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 21 2013, 01:10 PM
six
Ellie
six
I'm not.
:fight:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply