Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Drake Hogestyn Back!
Topic Started: Oct 21 2013, 12:48 PM (9,880 Views)
Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I just don't want DHer to start phoning it in with her performances once DHim returns. She seemed so revitalized these past 6 months.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Seriously, Deidre's been tweeting so many pics with Josh Taylor in the last few months. I really think everyone's comparing what's airing now to what it might be like with Drake back. I think some of you (I know not all) will be thrilled to see Drake after a few months of Marlena interacting, in whatever way, with Roman.

Tammy
Member Avatar

They need to FIX his character! And Marlena needs to bust his balls and stay the way she has been strong and independent... or it will be for nothing! IMO! ;)

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Oct 21 2013, 01:09 PM
Uggh, I have loved Marlena so much without him. Now she turns into a lovesick doormat again :(
It's tomsell's fault if that happens. Once upon a time on this show women were strong with dreams, scemes, hobbies, careers, ect... of their own. They were developed characters both in, and out of relationships.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Ellie
Oct 21 2013, 01:18 PM
Seriously, Deidre's been tweeting so many pics with Josh Taylor in the last few months. I really think everyone's comparing what's airing now to what it might be like with Drake back. I think some of you (I know not all) will be thrilled to see Drake after a few months of Marlena interacting, in whatever way, with Roman.
I would rather see her interact with a John cardboard cutout then "Roman". :x

Yoryla
Member Avatar

But I don't really think this is gonna be any biggie, in the sense that this will be probably be just recurring with no special storyline, just them making up and then seeing them twice a month. So whether someone thinks this is good or not, I don't think it's gonna matter a lot in the long run.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

six
Oct 21 2013, 01:12 PM
lysie
Oct 21 2013, 01:10 PM
six
Oct 21 2013, 01:08 PM
Ellie
Oct 21 2013, 01:02 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I disagree, simply because for the most part, the Marlena who interacts with John is the Marlena that drives me up the wall, (seriously, I've thought I hated her since they reunited, but apparently John has been the problem this whole time), but I'm glad you folks will have your couple back.
I'm not.
I'm giving graciousness a spin.
Look at you! So mature.

Really, I can appreciate the joy of John and J&M fans. I have my favorite characters and couples too and I know I'd be excited if they were returning. But regarding John, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I wish I would just ignore John and his suckiness, but I can't when he's ruining Marlena. I like her rivalry with Kristen. I like her snarky alliance with Victor. I like her reluctant partnership with Nicole. I like her doling out advice to Sami, Eric and Will. And I hate who she becomes around John. Sigh.... oh well.

six
Member Avatar

Keith
Oct 21 2013, 01:13 PM
If John Black doesn't have to pay dearly for his residual feeling for Kristen and what it did to his relationship with Marlena, I don't think any J&M fan will be pleased.
I'll refrain from using examples, so this doesn't turn into a hijack, but nothing these writers have done makes me think John will have to spend any real time making amends for what he did.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nah. It completely depends on a) if Drake decides to actually be present in his scenes this time around and b) how they choose to write him. I always hate to see a long term character disappear with no fanfare so I'll be glad that they have a chance to fix that, but otherwise....whoopdedo. Marlena have some some to sit with in the background.

Ellie

lysie
Oct 21 2013, 01:23 PM
Ellie
Nah. It completely depends on a) if Drake decides to actually be present in his scenes this time around and b) how they choose to write him. I always hate to see a long term character disappear with no fanfare so I'll be glad that they have a chance to fix that, but otherwise....whoopdedo. Marlena have some some to sit with in the background.
If you're saying you might prefer Roman & Marlena scenes to John & Marlena scenes in whatever context, then we'll have to agree to disagree.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Oct 21 2013, 01:25 PM
lysie
Ellie
If you're saying you might prefer Roman & Marlena scenes to John & Marlena scenes in whatever context, then we'll have to agree to disagree.
Yeah. I mean, she gets to have a backbone in scenes with Winston. And Winston sucks but at least he's awake when they're filming. But those pics started months ago before the Sami shooting story started and they haven't had that many scenes together.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Keith
If John Black doesn't have to pay dearly for his residual feeling for Kristen and what it did to his relationship with Marlena, I don't think any J&M fan will be pleased.
I'll refrain from using examples, so this doesn't turn into a hijack, but nothing these writers have done makes me think John will have to spend any real time making amends for what he did.
You have to refrain. ;)

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 21 2013, 01:27 PM
six
Keith
You have to refrain. ;)
You're welcome.

Ellie

lysie
Ellie
lysie
Ellie
Yeah. I mean, she gets to have a backbone in scenes with Winston. And Winston sucks but at least he's awake when they're filming. But those pics started months ago before the Sami shooting story started and they haven't had that many scenes together.
Ok. Let me know if you want pics for a Winston/Marlena banner.

jules

Ellie
six
Oct 21 2013, 12:59 PM
RIP interesting Marlena. It's been fun.
Marlena's storyline with Kristen is wrapping up (I mean, we know this based on Eileen leaving if nothing else), and what we have to go on is Corday's statement that she'll be Eric and Sami's mother. I'm a J&M fan but regardless, I think anything with John is going to be much more interesting than repeated convos in the coffeehouse with Sami.
Absolutely! I will admit that I'm a little afraid that they will destroy J&M (mostly John) even more. But I am happy at the prospect of seeing Deidre and Drake in scenes together again.

Tammy
Member Avatar

lysie
Ellie
lysie
Ellie
The only reason Winston looks "awake" in his scenes is because his face is pulled so tight that he can't blink or show any other emotion! ;)

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Okay.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'll get back to you.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

lysie
Oct 21 2013, 12:56 PM
If Marlena grovels to him, I'm throwing my tv and my laptop out my window.
He better come crawling on his fucking hands and knees...seriously....if she grovels I'm going to lose my shit.

I'm so happy that John is back, mainly because I once considered myself a fan of the character. I wasn't happy with the way they wrote the character during the last story and wasn't happy that they wrote him out so poorly but I also was ticked off that Drake didn't give it his all... to at the very least not make me want to see him gone, at least temporarily....I blame it 80% on the writing and 20% on the actor....but I'm glad to see him back.

This brings two of my favorites back...now if we can get Jack back somehow? and then Bo back when Hope is about to marry someone else...lol
Edited by LuvingLumi, Oct 21 2013, 01:45 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Well, there goes Marlena's face.

Forever lost to the suckage of Johns mouth.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Ellie
six
Oct 21 2013, 12:59 PM
RIP interesting Marlena. It's been fun.
Marlena's storyline with Kristen is wrapping up (I mean, we know this based on Eileen leaving if nothing else), and what we have to go on is Corday's statement that she'll be Eric and Sami's mother. I'm a J&M fan but regardless, I think anything with John is going to be much more interesting than repeated convos in the coffeehouse with Sami.
and let's face it...Marlena hasn't been interesting....she's been independently trying to stick it to Kristen, defend/protect Brady, etc...but aside from one or two scenes with Victor and Nicole...she's been far from interesting....

I prefer some real angst....the Kristen/Marlena dynamic should have been great...it hasn't been though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply