Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, October 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 22 2013, 12:25 AM (9,660 Views)
SKBaldwin

The Room Stops
Oct 22 2013, 07:12 PM
Rosebud
Oct 22 2013, 06:57 PM
The whole thing is just stupid. That said, I am excited to see Kristen get what's coming to her, and if she doesn't... Grrr.
Kristen won't pay. She never has before, why start now?
Didn't you watch last week's episode? DiMeras don't pay.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Oct 22 2013, 07:11 PM
six
Oct 22 2013, 06:03 PM
Lori
Oct 22 2013, 05:55 PM
six
Oct 22 2013, 05:49 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephas
He's been given strong reason to suspect she's not wholeheartedly searching for her replacement as church secretary, but not any reason to suspect her of rape.
1. He knows Nicole strongly resembles his rapist.
2. He knows she was at the hotel and that she and the rapist both used the same tactics.
3. He knows the rapist used a name that holds significance to Nicole.
4. He knows Nicole has shown a willingness to do terrible things to serve her own agenda
5. He knows Nicole was really weird and evasive when he tried to get details on what happened that night.

All these things add up to give Eric reason to believe Nicole is guilty.

Except that Eric shouldn't believe those reasons because he knows Nicole. That's where the story turns into beyond stupid.

John saw Marlena kill people... and he never believed it for a second. He saw her attack someone during the possession, and he still didn't believe it was her fault. If they were writing this as a love story, Eric wouldn't believe it. He would see the evidence, he would doubt for a second while he took it all in, and he would be unable to believe it.
But Nicole is not Marlena. John didn't just think Marlena was innocent because he loved her, but because he knew her and he knew what was in her heart. I've loved the way Eric has been unwavering in his support of Nicole, but a love story between normal characters doesn't need to take the same path as a love story where one or both characters is or has been a villain. Brady is currently in a story where he's 100% supportive of the woman he loves, and he looks like an idiot. He doesn't look stupid because the audience knows Kristen's lying. He looks stupid because more and more signs that Kristen is lying keep piling up and he refuses to pay attention to them.
Edited by six, Oct 22 2013, 07:22 PM.

SKBaldwin

six
Oct 22 2013, 07:20 PM
The Room Stops
Oct 22 2013, 07:11 PM
six
Lori

2. He knows she was at the hotel and that she and the rapist both used the same tactics.
4. He knows Nicole has shown a willingness to do terrible things to serve her own agenda
5. He knows Nicole was really weird and evasive when he tried to get details on what happened that night.

Except that Eric shouldn't believe those reasons because he knows Nicole. That's where the story turns into beyond stupid.

John saw Marlena kill people... and he never believed it for a second. He saw her attack someone during the possession, and he still didn't believe it was her fault. If they were writing this as a love story, Eric wouldn't believe it. He would see the evidence, he would doubt for a second while he took it all in, and he would be unable to believe it.
But Nicole is not Marlena. John didn't just think Marlena was innocent because he loved her, but because he knew her and he knew what was in her heart. I've loved the way Eric has been unwavering in his support of Nicole, but a love story between normal characters doesn't need to take the same path as a love story where one or both characters is or has been a villain. Brady is currently in a story where he's 100% supportive of the woman he loves, and he looks like an idiot. He doesn't look stupid because the audience knows Kristen's lying. He looks stupid because more and more signs that Kristen is lying keep piling up and he refuses to pay attention to them.
To be fair, Eric does see the woman in his flashbacks, but he can't see her face, so he doesn't remember exactly who it is yet.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Oct 22 2013, 06:25 PM
six
Lori
six
Oct 22 2013, 05:49 PM

He's been given strong reason to suspect she's not wholeheartedly searching for her replacement as church secretary, but not any reason to suspect her of rape.

1. Circumstantial evidence. Proves nothing.
2. A glance at the fax that Nicole sent over to the hotel would prove that she was still in Salem when Fay Taylor checked in. As it stands, this too is circumstantial at best and only because Martha is an idiot.
3. See #1.
4. True but she has spent the last year trying to change her life. That should count for something. Eric can believe that Kristen changed but not Nicole?
5. Nicole already told everything she knows about that night. And Father Matt asked her not to talk about it any further. And while we're on the subject of evasive, Eric was plenty evasive in the beginning when Nicole tried to talk to him about what he and Daniel found. So what does he expect now?

Some of the evidence does paint Nicole in a bad light if key parts are ignored. Eric does not have the whole story. His memory is in pieces. He can suspect Nicole but he does not have the right to outright accuse her.
Exactly. He does have the right to be suspicious of Nicole, but outright accusing her is way out of bounds at this point. His memory is foggy, at best and he has no proof whatsoever. No priest I ever knew would outright accuse someone of a crime like that unless he had substantial evidence. It's. Just. Wrong.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

SKBaldwin
Oct 22 2013, 07:17 PM
The Room Stops
Oct 22 2013, 07:12 PM
Rosebud
Oct 22 2013, 06:57 PM
The whole thing is just stupid. That said, I am excited to see Kristen get what's coming to her, and if she doesn't... Grrr.
Kristen won't pay. She never has before, why start now?
Didn't you watch last week's episode? DiMeras don't pay.
Nope. She will just slither out of town like the snake she is. Too bad she won't be taking her brother and father with her.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

When he said "I've never wanted anything more" to Kristen, I actually wondered if maybe Eric was merging his own dreams about Nicole with what was happening at the hotel. We never saw any indications that he's been struggling with his own desire for her, though -- just hers for him.

(Obviously before he realized that something was wrong and he had been assaulted.)
Edited by Ophelia, Oct 22 2013, 08:08 PM.

Not Amused

Graceland
Oct 22 2013, 03:14 PM
DaraFan
Oct 22 2013, 01:59 PM
Honestly if Days wanted me to root for Ericole, this was the wrong way to go. Eric come across as douchebag, sure he's the victim but he should be the only one believing in Nicole not accusing her of raping him. :shame:
Keep in mind though, he's going to have to apologize profusely after the truth comes out. Eric's in a really bad place at the moment, and come on, it looks really bad for Nicole. What else should he have in his possession? The tape? The circumstantial evidence against Nicole is mounting. That, and then the admission of her love him and her revealing that she's done terrible things in relation to her time with him -- you really can't blame Eric. The guy was poisoned. He can't sleep. He's lying on the shower floor.
I feel that Eric should be the only one believing in Nicole, that'd be couple angst. Having him accuse Nicole shows how he's more than ready to doubt Nicole which is very disappointing for me. I'm sure they'll attempt to rebuild Ericole after this but at this point I wish they'd give Nicole a new guy preferably a badass who isn't so ready to judge Nicole.
Edited by Not Amused, Oct 22 2013, 08:23 PM.

camera shy

DaraFan
Oct 22 2013, 08:15 PM
Graceland
Oct 22 2013, 03:14 PM
DaraFan
Oct 22 2013, 01:59 PM
Honestly if Days wanted me to root for Ericole, this was the wrong way to go. Eric come across as douchebag, sure he's the victim but he should be the only one believing in Nicole not accusing her of raping him. :shame:
Keep in mind though, he's going to have to apologize profusely after the truth comes out. Eric's in a really bad place at the moment, and come on, it looks really bad for Nicole. What else should he have in his possession? The tape? The circumstantial evidence against Nicole is mounting. That, and then the admission of her love him and her revealing that she's done terrible things in relation to her time with him -- you really can't blame Eric. The guy was poisoned. He can't sleep. He's lying on the shower floor.
I feel that Eric should be the only one believing in Nicole, that'd be couple angst. Having him accuse Nicole shows how he's more than ready to doubt Nicole which is very disappointing for me. I'm sure they'll attempt to rebuild Ericole after this but at this point I wish they'd give Nicole a new guy preferably a badass who isn't so ready to judge Nicole.
Could the new guy be a lot taller and have shoulders more broader than hers too?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

wow!! Eric just put it ALL out there!!!

Lady Evol

How many fucking dudes is Nicole going to have to stand in front of and pour her heart out while they stare at her stone-faced and unimpressed??? OMG this is too hard to watch.

And wtf is with Kate Mansi's makeup and wardrobe??? Someone hates her.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

lysie
Oct 22 2013, 12:25 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Whenever I think of Martha Madison, I get the sudden urge to fly to Burbank and chase Ken Corday around the Days set with a chainsaw. Dumbest mistake this show has made in years.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
whaaaaaat?

I'm clearly watching a different show than most folks here. Eric and Nicole were loaded with more drama than has been on this show in months and over misconceptions and interpretations; the stuff DRAMA is made of.

As much as ai don't care for Teresa, her luring JJ into her den of stupid will undoubtedly be trouble, possibly entertaining trouble.

Abby needs to be punched in the face with her shine and puppies view of the world. It was a few short years ago she was fucking with Austin and his marriage. And as a side note it appears she's been borrowing clothes from Maggie. Seriously Jenn, you need to pay better attention to your kids.

Daniel needs a haircut and for someone to strangle him with that stupid necklace.

I hate the DiMera sibling dynamic and really hope Stefano kills them both based on their ridiculous saccharin sweetness alone. And Kristen honey, you aren't barren because of the number of your past misdeeds, you are barren because of the number of your past decades.
Edited by mer4santo, Oct 22 2013, 11:44 PM.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Finally watched today's episode.

Loved Abby/Rory/Bev, well the Rory/Bev part. Their looks of "Yeah, you don't know your brother at all."

When Abby walks into the Horton house, her reading of "Do go . . . Stay. . . . For me." Ouch. :blah: Could Kate Mansi sound more wooden?

And why is she running around in power suits? Did she get a job during a commercial?

Someone needs to gif the shot of Eric's face when he's standing at the door around the :23 minute mark. It's the ugly crying face without the scrunchy eyes. Actually, Eric makes a lot of really ugly faces when he tries to do "intense."

Nicole's "I love Eric" to Brady and "I love you" to Eric were such classic soapy moments. But there was a lot of ugly in that fight. I actually normally don't have issues with ugly fights between couples (my fav's, Shane and Kim, had doozies), but I think part of the problem is that we haven't seen Eric reciprocating Nicole's love, so I don't feel like his anger comes from that place of betrayed pain and hurt that makes those kind of fights work for me.

I'm surprised Theresa didn't put a towel down on her couch before Daniel sat down. I'd be afraid he'd leave a grease mark.

So Daniel, who will stick the orange-dick of the gods in just about anything that moves in Salem, has, in the last year, turned down Chloe and Theresa due to his love for not-current girlfriend Jennifer? Jennifer must be putting saltpeter in Dan's food.

The entire EJ and Kristen scene felt like it was from some completely different show. Like some 80s prime time soap. And they owe Daniel. So who has yet to board the Saint Daniel train? Oh, hi Anne. Love ya!

And there's EJ lurking in the shadows. So is EJ going to arrange for Theresa to OD? The spoiler said Stefano helps Daniel with a problem. Did EJ take back the drug business when Quinn left town?

S loves EJ

I liked the Ericole scenes I thought it was good acting and drama. I like Eric mad he becomes interesting to me then. I don´t know if I will like wednesday´s show though Nicole becoming devastated will probably not be enjoyable to watch.

Anyway I have decided to try to stop reading spoilers I think I will enjoy the show even more if I do.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Brady is the scum of the Earth. Eric is following not far behind. I hope Brady plunges far into the depths of despair when everything with Kristen comes out (again). He's been a despicable person to his friends and family, especially Marlena and Nicole.
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Oct 23 2013, 10:02 AM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Theresa, for the love of God, tone down the sleazy come-ons and ridiculous facial expressions. I say this as someone who loves Jen Lilley, but this character is way too pathetic. Her schemes with Anne are really third-rate. They make Chloe's look positively inspired by comparison.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

How crazy is it that Brady was just fine with staying close to Nicole after she stole Sydney and did a shitload of other shady stuff but he's judging her so harshly now because she has feelings for someone that she HASN'T EVEN ACTED ON? Pull your head out of your ass, fella.

The whole Eric-Nicole-Brady-Kristen thing is so outside the bounds of logic and rationality that I just can't.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Jennifer admits that J.J. deserves to have consequences for his actions. Wow. There might be hope for her parenting skills yet.

Abigail, shut up. If J.J. experiences some consequences now maybe he won't have to experience even more severe ones down the road.

Also annoyed with the way J.J.'s friends are being painted as the worst people on Earth and responsible for everything that's wrong with him. They are stoners but they seem almost harmless in comparison to J.J. right now. He only knows them because he got kicked out of school and had to come back home. And they are surprisingly concerned about him considering that he treats them like an afterthought most of the time!
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Oct 23 2013, 06:28 AM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

ARGH. Why do they keep loading up Nicole's dialogue with forced indications that she's done something really, really bad? It makes no sense. The worst she's done is FANTASIZE about having sex with him! They are really going overboard trying to shoe-horn Nicole into looking guilty. I am also being forced to suspend way too much disbelief that Eric doesn't recognize Kristen's hair, hands, body in those flashbacks...

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Seriously...what has happened to Kate Mansi's acting? I used to think she was one of the better young actors on Days...now it seems that she has just been phoning it in for months. They need to stop having her act so stupid and/or syrupy sweet and dressing her like she is a 50 something. What happened to her spunk and style?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply