Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, October 22nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 22 2013, 12:25 AM (9,733 Views)
Laufeyson
Member Avatar

It's her sucky storyline of constantly pimping her mother and Dan, that's likely dropped her standard....totally uninspiring.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Oct 23 2013, 08:03 AM
It's her sucky storyline of constantly pimping her mother and Dan, that's likely dropped her standard....totally uninspiring.
This definitely has done her no favors, but I don't find much to love when she's interacting with anyone else either. She's way too self-righteous, much more than her mother.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Quote:

Nicole's "I love Eric" to Brady and "I love you" to Eric were such classic soapy moments. But there was a lot of ugly in that fight. I actually normally don't have issues with ugly fights between couples (my fav's, Shane and Kim, had doozies), but I think part of the problem is that we haven't seen Eric reciprocating Nicole's love, so I don't feel like his anger comes from that place of betrayed pain and hurt that makes those kind of fights work for me.

So much this! It wasn't dramatic - it didn't have emotional stakes for me - because Eric doesn't have a dog in the fight. I mean, sure he's upset about getting raped, and he considers Nicole a friend, but for anyone who thinks this is great drama, imagine how much more, how much better, this all would be if we'd seen Eric wrestling with his feelings for Nicole! If we'd seen him imagining a life with her and wanting to be with her, but choosing to honor his vows. How much more devastating this would be if we had onscreen evidence that Eric is IN love with Nicole (not just that he cares about her). They've made this all one sided. Nicole is the one who feels total devastation because of his accusation because we've seen how much she loves Eric. It just isn't going both ways, which it needs to do in order to make it something the audience can truly invest in. It's like it waters down all of Eric's reactions.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Honestly, even though Rory and Bev are total stoners, they're the best people in JJs life right now. Two people who actually have some compassion for JJ.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Sariah
Oct 23 2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:

Nicole's "I love Eric" to Brady and "I love you" to Eric were such classic soapy moments. But there was a lot of ugly in that fight. I actually normally don't have issues with ugly fights between couples (my fav's, Shane and Kim, had doozies), but I think part of the problem is that we haven't seen Eric reciprocating Nicole's love, so I don't feel like his anger comes from that place of betrayed pain and hurt that makes those kind of fights work for me.

So much this! It wasn't dramatic - it didn't have emotional stakes for me - because Eric doesn't have a dog in the fight. I mean, sure he's upset about getting raped, and he considers Nicole a friend, but for anyone who thinks this is great drama, imagine how much more, how much better, this all would be if we'd seen Eric wrestling with his feelings for Nicole! If we'd seen him imagining a life with her and wanting to be with her, but choosing to honor his vows. How much more devastating this would be if we had onscreen evidence that Eric is IN love with Nicole (not just that he cares about her). They've made this all one sided. Nicole is the one who feels total devastation because of his accusation because we've seen how much she loves Eric. It just isn't going both ways, which it needs to do in order to make it something the audience can truly invest in. It's like it waters down all of Eric's reactions.
Couldn't agree more with this.

jdawg1077

I have to say that as of late, Ari Zucker and Melissa Reeves have been killing it. Praise for AZ on the board is nothing new, and her performance yesterday was so spot-on. But given the residual bad feelings towards MR (Chik-fil-a, Dannifer, etc.), I think you're less likely to see credit given where it is due. And right now I think that MR is playing the frustrated/angry/helpless mother role perfectly. It's the first time that Jennifer has felt alive for me, as a character, in a long time. Perhaps it's because it's not a Dannifer-centered story, but instead a Deveraux family story. Whatever the reason, she's been killing the last few episodes.

Kudos to other performers as well: Jen Lilley, Meredith Scott Lynn, Greg Vaughan, and Eric Martsolf. Some really great acting all around, even if the writing is uneven.

Sweet and Salty

lysie
Oct 22 2013, 12:25 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Who are the people kissing in your profile pic? She looks like the dark headed girl off of Roseanne, but of course isn't. Been driving me crazy!

lysie
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Oct 23 2013, 12:02 PM
lysie
Oct 22 2013, 12:25 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Who are the people kissing in your profile pic? She looks like the dark headed girl off of Roseanne, but of course isn't. Been driving me crazy!
Doug/Carol George Clooney/Julianna Margulies from ER.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

six
Oct 22 2013, 07:09 PM
Rosebud
Oct 22 2013, 06:57 PM
six
Oct 22 2013, 06:40 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Oct 22 2013, 06:25 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deephas
The evidence doesn't have to prove she's guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Eric isn't sending Nicole to prison. He's drawing a conclusion about something that's likely to have happened.

Maybe if Nicole had sat down with Eric and helped him work through what happened, like he asked her to, they could have found out that Kristen checked in while Nicole was still in Salem. And this is something that happened to Eric. It's okay for him to keep some details about what happened to himself, while still expecting everyone else to tell him what they know about the event that, at that point, only affected him.

And Eric obviously did believe that Nicole changed. He's been her biggest supporter until he was given reason not to be.
What reasons has SHE given him? Evasiveness? Quitting her job? Not answering his incessant questions? (Which by the way came out of the blue since whenever she wanted to talk about it he brushed HER off.) What did he expect from her? Who could blame her for backing away from him? He's been cold and distant with her, unwilling to talk about the incident, then all of a sudden he's cornering her with questions every time she turns around.Her only crime is listening to a stupid old priest and admitting to Brady that she loves Eric. The whole thing is just stupid. That said, I am excited to see Kristen get what's coming to her, and if she doesn't... Grrr.
Yes, that is her only crime. Nobody is claiming Nicole is actually guilty of doing something terrible in this story.
Fr. Eric Brady is.

Serenity 808

jdawg1077
Oct 23 2013, 10:22 AM
I have to say that as of late, Ari Zucker and Melissa Reeves have been killing it. Praise for AZ on the board is nothing new, and her performance yesterday was so spot-on. But given the residual bad feelings towards MR (Chik-fil-a, Dannifer, etc.), I think you're less likely to see credit given where it is due. And right now I think that MR is playing the frustrated/angry/helpless mother role perfectly. It's the first time that Jennifer has felt alive for me, as a character, in a long time. Perhaps it's because it's not a Dannifer-centered story, but instead a Deveraux family story. Whatever the reason, she's been killing the last few episodes.

Kudos to other performers as well: Jen Lilley, Meredith Scott Lynn, Greg Vaughan, and Eric Martsolf. Some really great acting all around, even if the writing is uneven.
Agreed 100%. Arianne, Meredith, and Greg being good goes without saying, but I'd have to say Melissa has really upped her game ever since the storyline where Nicole and Jennifer were fighting over Daniel. Prior to that it didn't seem like she was even trying, but she's selling me on Jennifer's feelings.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

OMG...

This episode gave me life!!!!! Eric and Nicole were the HIGHLIGHT of the show. Granted, the other stuff was good too but I was GLUED IN on these two! I need to watch the next episode! :hail:
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Oct 23 2013, 09:31 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Sariah
Quote:

but who says we aren't going to see that struggle from Eric NOW? I like the fact that Eric was so steadfast in his devotion to his priesthood, so in a way I didn't want to see him imaginging a life with Nicole while he was devoted to the priesthood, his vows and what he set out to do. At first when I heard he was going to come in as a priest I wanted the classic thornbirds thing for them....both wanting and longing for one another. It was refreshing to have a triangle that wasn't about 2 people being screwed by an interloper. He's not a bad person, he doesn't really make bad decisions...and when he devotes himself to something he usually sticks to it. So i liked the fact that he didn't deviate a minute away from being a priest. What this turn of events does is give Eric the ONE reason he needs to start questioning and struggling with his priesthood...because of course loving someone would have done it...but it would have also shown that Eric isn't truly capable fo committing to anything if tempted and that is not what I want for Nicole. So I like this angle in this story.....and I'm not so sure we aren't going to see everything you said we'd see in your post. We'll see it, NOW...and it fits...NOW he knows that she loves him, NOW he has reason to doubt what he set out to do, NOW he can struggle with letting his feelings come out while questioning what he's doing as a priest and how he could judge Nicole so much, while claiming to KNOW her. We are going to see the tables turn, the coin flip and everything we've wanted from Eric we'll be getting soon, while Nicole puts up the walls around her to protect her heart from more pain, Eric will finally have reason to tear his down...I just hope it doesn't take another year until we get them finally giving in to their love...and if it does...fine...I've often thought that the minute the couple I want gets together, they lose that little something something that kept me drawn eternally to them...it's happened with every couple I've ever shipped...and I want to enjoy Ericole as much as I can, lol.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

LuvingLumi
Oct 23 2013, 09:43 PM
Sariah
Quote:

but who says we aren't going to see that struggle from Eric NOW? I like the fact that Eric was so steadfast in his devotion to his priesthood, so in a way I didn't want to see him imaginging a life with Nicole while he was devoted to the priesthood, his vows and what he set out to do. At first when I heard he was going to come in as a priest I wanted the classic thornbirds thing for them....both wanting and longing for one another. It was refreshing to have a triangle that wasn't about 2 people being screwed by an interloper. He's not a bad person, he doesn't really make bad decisions...and when he devotes himself to something he usually sticks to it. So i liked the fact that he didn't deviate a minute away from being a priest. What this turn of events does is give Eric the ONE reason he needs to start questioning and struggling with his priesthood...because of course loving someone would have done it...but it would have also shown that Eric isn't truly capable fo committing to anything if tempted and that is not what I want for Nicole. So I like this angle in this story.....and I'm not so sure we aren't going to see everything you said we'd see in your post. We'll see it, NOW...and it fits...NOW he knows that she loves him, NOW he has reason to doubt what he set out to do, NOW he can struggle with letting his feelings come out while questioning what he's doing as a priest and how he could judge Nicole so much, while claiming to KNOW her. We are going to see the tables turn, the coin flip and everything we've wanted from Eric we'll be getting soon, while Nicole puts up the walls around her to protect her heart from more pain, Eric will finally have reason to tear his down...I just hope it doesn't take another year until we get them finally giving in to their love...and if it does...fine...I've often thought that the minute the couple I want gets together, they lose that little something something that kept me drawn eternally to them...it's happened with every couple I've ever shipped...and I want to enjoy Ericole as much as I can, lol.
Well, LL, I've finally seen the light with these two. lol I do hope it takes a year because the entertainment factor lies in the journey. I just hope it's done with all the right beats. This could really be a very good story.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Team WilSon
Oct 22 2013, 10:29 AM
Is Mr. Perfect on today?
Your avatar, again, is a little confusing for me, because I really like oranges!!! :D
Edited by Yoryla, Oct 24 2013, 06:19 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 22 2013, 12:26 PM
Miss Rhi
Oct 22 2013, 12:16 PM
I didn't watch Thursday and Friday of last week and am trying to watch again this week. I'm wondering why I'm even bothering to do so though. I haven't cared about catching it daily for some reason though I haven't been able to quit it cold turkey like I did with Y&R.
Y&R is really good right now.
Y&R is the most hideous show on earth.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Oct 22 2013, 01:41 PM
six
Oct 22 2013, 01:31 PM
Lori
Oct 22 2013, 01:19 PM
six
Oct 22 2013, 01:09 PM
I don't like that Nicole is going to get blamed for raping Eric, but she is the one who helped him reach that conclusion. She acted so secretive and guilty when he tried to find out what happened at the hotel, that she has to share in the blame for Eric reaching the wrong conclusion. And he knows she's crazy, so it's not hard to believe that he'd think she did something crazy.

In what way is Nicole crazy? And as for the secrecy and guilt, she was obeying Father Matt's request not to discuss the hotel incident with him, and it was a lame request and certainly not dramatic enough to drive this whole story. Father Matt would have been more believable telling her you and Eric go back a long time, perhaps you could draw him out and help him get closer to the truth.
I'm not going to list every crime Nicole ever committed, but that's how she's crazy. I know why Nicole started to act suspicious around Eric, but he doesn't know that. She took some really bad advice and when the truth comes out, I'm sure Eric is going to be very remorseful, but it would be ridiculous for her to act like her own actions didn't play a role in Eric thinking that she harmed him. He's not the bad guy in this and he's not being a bad friend to be suspicious of someone who acted guilty and who is known for doing terrible things.
I don't have a problem with Nicole being a crazy bitch, the reason I like the character so much is because of who she is...what I have a problem with is Eric judging her over the likes of Sami, or Kristen who've done FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR worse, or at the very least the same shit Nicole has done. I know it's plot point but it really shouldn't have been lathered on so thick....lol....he agrees to marry Kristen after knowing and proving all she's capable of doing.....but somehow he jumps to all these conclusions, our of coincidences.....not proof of anything. I'll take it because it's the story to Eric's realization that he's not cut for the priesthood.
Exactly, and for this exact same reason I cannot stand to hear the bashing of Kristen over Nicole and Sami. Because, let's face it, there's no really no room for hypocrisy there.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Oct 22 2013, 01:53 PM
six
Oct 22 2013, 01:40 PM
Laufeyson
Oct 22 2013, 01:35 PM
six
Oct 22 2013, 01:31 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You say that as though her actions (following Fr Matt's instructions) warrants his accusation. She's done nothing "crazy" as these writers want us to believe. His first instinct was the correct one sadly between these two he's the one that's hurting her not the other way round.
Her actions do warrant his accusations. Her actions, along with the statement from the hotel employee and Nicole's past all add up to the logical conclusion that she was involved in what happened to Eric.
But is this a love story or not? Because if he is supppsedly in love with Nicole he is supposed to believe she would never hurt him so badly. He is supposed to believe in her inspite of all.

Love does not lead to rape. If he believes Nicole loves him and if he loves Nicole or even just have deep feelings for her, he would have her back.

Who ever said this *is* a love story? Firstly, I haven't seen one kind of romantic emotion from Eric during this whole year. He feels warmth for her at best. And also, if someone's a priest, someone who really wants to do that work and is dedicated to it, I don't want to see that person ousted or quit. That's not the right decision to make, really. And as long as he's a priest, there's no future for him and her.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Oct 23 2013, 06:14 AM
Brady is the scum of the Earth. Eric is following not far behind. I hope Brady plunges far into the depths of despair when everything with Kristen comes out (again). He's been a despicable person to his friends and family, especially Marlena and Nicole.
A part of me wants Brady to look up from the floor after the Kristen reveal and see Marlena and Nicole both leave as he says he's sorry... the other knows Marlena wouldn't do that. But boy, it'd be fun for me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply