Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD features November preview
Topic Started: Oct 24 2013, 01:29 AM (14,641 Views)
Pookie
Member Avatar

pagraves
Nov 3 2013, 11:42 AM
I wish the writers would take a weekend or two and take the time to hash out the backstories of the characters on the show. Who's related to whom, who's done what, who has a relationship (of any sort, not just romantic) with whom currently on the show, and who has an intriguing, dangling thread from their pasts that could be tugged to see what unravels. And then write for THOSE stories. Someone's long-forgotten secret comes out and shakes up everything. Characters start interacting with their friends they haven't interacted with in years and storylines suddenly form out of those. Someone's past comes back to haunt them/tantalize them/challenge them. (I think this may be why the Eric/Nicole story is working for so many folks—many of us remember their first story and it resonates for us now, especially where those characters have been in their lives in the interim - each one devolving away from each other instead of toward each other).

I have nothing against plot-intensive stories. I write plot-heavy romantic suspense books, so I'm all for a good, twisty, meaty plot. But if you don't have solid characters motivations driving those plots, you don't have a good story. You can have a brilliantly paced, plotted storyline but without the characters to breathe life and meaning into it, you just have some sort of strange, bloodless Goldberg device with no lasting power.

In a soap, especially, we're in it for the characters and how they relate to each other. Both romantically AND non-romantically.
They should already have that. I think they call it the show's "Bible". All shows do that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

rknudson78
Oct 30 2013, 10:11 PM
I just remembered something Nathan Owens was interviewed and he almost blurted something out. Maybe someone can find that interview, I know on here somewhere! I really believe it's Cameron now that gets killed. Just go and look and find it.
I was the interviewer and what he almost blurted out was that Chad got shot.

Kaycee

I dont see it as Bo.. Bo could die in an accident or illness, But I dont see how they could create a Murder Mystery after such a long absence, and no storyline to build up to it... It could be Lucas, Thinking he is helping Sami in his twisted way to keep Allie.. It could be Cameron, Or Kristen, Stephano, :pray: Daniel.. Could be several people,, But Bo would actually be my last choice for a Murder Mystery.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

LanaluvsBroe
Oct 25 2013, 02:00 PM
lysie
Oct 25 2013, 01:06 PM
You know...they kind of threw out an anvil about it being Kristen just yesterday. When Stefano said he would not bury another child...it doesn't sound like it's her based on the articles, though.
Good point. But the death is supposed to take place in late November, isn't Eileen's last airdate in mid-November though? Also does anyone remember Nathan Owens' last airdate? I thought it was at the end of October, if that's the case the dead person can't be Cameron.
Cameron's last air date was today Nov. 8.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply