Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD features November preview
Topic Started: Oct 24 2013, 01:29 AM (14,861 Views)
Rosebud
Member Avatar

trojangal
Oct 25 2013, 11:49 PM
There were doubles hired for Kristen, Daniel,Teresa & Nick
What or Whom do they all have in common ?
Maybe they were just hired to play body doubles in a big crowd fight scene or some other kind of chaotic crowd situation.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

yes Brady's suffering will only sit well with me if it's over his disgusting behavior towards friends and family, people he abused over his twu luv Kristen. If it's over that lying hag, he can get off my screen, I'm seen more that I can stomach at this stage.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Oct 27 2013, 08:43 PM
Rosebud
Oct 27 2013, 08:18 PM
Supergirlx2
Oct 24 2013, 08:16 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Oct 24 2013, 05:52 PM
I got SOD today. It says Kristen leaves around the wedding time? Isn't the wedding really soon? The mystery death is suppose to happen late November. With 3 unlikely people covering it up, how can that be Bo.

I hope the 3 unlikely people covering it up are Ciara, Johnny and Theo. They seem to be the smartest left in Salem!
Hey now. Hope is pretty intelligent without Bo. But since she's probably going to be investigating the murder, I doubt she'd be covering it up. lol.
If the murder were to be Kristen's, i could totally see Ciara (unknowingly) holding on to a piece of evidence.
Like the murder weapon she used to kill Kristen? Muhahahahaha :blulaugh:
Ciara would never kill Kristen. She fangirls Kristen like no tomorrow. lol.
Yes, but if fan girl Ciara finds out her obsession is suddenly considered the town pariah she might go nutso and get rid of her ;)

blueskies
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 27 2013, 09:47 PM
Supergirlx2
Rosebud
Supergirlx2

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yes, but if fan girl Ciara finds out her obsession is suddenly considered the town pariah she might go nutso and get rid of her ;)
If anything I'd expect Ciara to help Kristen get out of town & cover-up for her. Or heck leave with her. Not like she'll really understand why everyone's mad at her anyway.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 27 2013, 08:20 PM
blueskies
Oct 24 2013, 08:19 PM
this sounds like a pretty awesome November all in all! Not looking forward to Eileen leaving, but I AM looking forward to the (hopefully) epicness of this storyline, and I so want to see Brady go dark. Really, really dark.

Can't wait for the Eric/Nicole drama too. Love them.
Brady was dark before, when he first showed up as sorased Brady.
that's why i'm looking forward to it :) i'd like to see a (roughly) character-driven plot instead of just another "Brady's fiancee is dead/gone, lets hook him up with the newest person in town."

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 27 2013, 09:47 PM
Supergirlx2
Rosebud
Supergirlx2

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think we need to entertain the possibility that "Kristen leaves town" might actually mean "Kristen disappears and re-emerges in a secret room in Grandpa Victor's basement." Ciara can take her out and play with her whenever she wants....

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Oct 27 2013, 09:41 PM
yes Brady's suffering will only sit well with me if it's over his disgusting behavior towards friends and family, people he abused over his twu luv Kristen. If it's over that lying hag, he can get off my screen, I'm seen more that I can stomach at this stage.
Well said! Right now I don't much care if he disappears for a very long time. And I don't have much hope that these writers will try to redeem him in a way I want. His downward spiral will be all about losing Kristen and once again another woman will give him life again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And his family and friends will forgive his ass-foolery and bad behavior and it will all be swept under the rug.

juniperberry

Families forgive and forget most things but they shouldn't let him off easy and I'd hate a new love interest to fix everything.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

juniperberry
Oct 28 2013, 11:17 AM
Families forgive and forget most things but they shouldn't let him off easy and I'd hate a new love interest to fix everything.
Maybe in real life, on this show families hold grudges for years. If families on this show really did that you would see the two most famous ArchEnemy brothers having a holiday dinner together or even a pleasant conversation.

Graceland
Member Avatar

They've been toying with Kristen's ovaries repeatedly, and the last time, last week, it was done for no reason at all. This is a set up for her leaving with a bun in the oven, isn't it? It's getting pretty obvious.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 27 2013, 08:20 PM
blueskies
Oct 24 2013, 08:19 PM
this sounds like a pretty awesome November all in all! Not looking forward to Eileen leaving, but I AM looking forward to the (hopefully) epicness of this storyline, and I so want to see Brady go dark. Really, really dark.

Can't wait for the Eric/Nicole drama too. Love them.
Brady was dark before, when he first showed up as sorased Brady.
I think he was just more of an asshole then "dark" lol. ;)

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Graceland
Oct 28 2013, 06:44 PM
They've been toying with Kristen's ovaries repeatedly, and the last time, last week, it was done for no reason at all. This is a set up for her leaving with a bun in the oven, isn't it? It's getting pretty obvious.
Many people have been saying that, but I don't think that's what's going to happen at all. I honestly just think the show said it just to kill time, to make sure everyone knows she indeed *can't* have children and/or just to play with the audience. Usually, I've noticed, that when people think that "ooh, now *this and that* is going to happen and it's going to be really juicy", it doesn't.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Graceland
Oct 28 2013, 06:44 PM
Many people have been saying that, but I don't think that's what's going to happen at all. I honestly just think the show said it just to kill time, to make sure everyone knows she indeed *can't* have children and/or just to play with the audience. Usually, I've noticed, that when people think that "ooh, now *this and that* is going to happen and it's going to be really juicy", it doesn't.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

I just remembered something Nathan Owens was interviewed and he almost blurted something out. Maybe someone can find that interview, I know on here somewhere! I really believe it's Cameron now that gets killed. Just go and look and find it.

thepadange

Yoryla
Oct 27 2013, 06:42 AM
How boring if this is true (I want it to be Kristen) but I'm thinking it's gonna be Cameron. I think Nick is going to half-accidentally kill him and then there will be the cover up. One thing is though, that since Chad is away, who will be they blame for it? Not EJ surely, please Gawd there needs not be another mystery with EJ once we just got rid of Sammonthas.
I certainly do not want it to be Kristen because I just love that character too much (I'd prefer Cameron to get killed off) ;) but I guess it will most likely be her. And using a look-a-like perfectly fits as a cover up for quite some time.
But I remember reading somewhere (edit: oh, it was in this thread :D ) there will be three unlikely characters involved in the mystery, and given the fact how many "likely" characters would be in case Kristen there is no need for some "unlikely" ones.
Edited by thepadange, Nov 3 2013, 10:14 AM.

thepadange

Rosebud
Oct 27 2013, 03:58 PM
Ellie
Oct 24 2013, 01:29 AM
The newest issue of Soap Opera Digest features a November preview for all soaps. The preview for Days is provided by Ken Corday.

Among the tidbits Corday shares are:

- Kristen leaves Salem after a "stunning reveal". After this, Brady goes back to his old ways, which will not be a short character arc. Meanwhile, Eric realizes his mistake in accusing Nicole.

- Sami suspects EJ has been keeping a secret from her.

- A "major character" dies, and a coverup takes place afterward. This is the big murder mystery previewed at the beginning of the summer. Corday shares that this will not be a short story.

Check out the latest Digest for many more details!
Wow, none of this sounds very exciting, at all. And what is with this insistent on pointing out that these are not SHORT stories??? Does that really matter?
Yes, it does matter. It actually means they will bore us to death if those stories are not interesting enough which they usually are.
If they managed to make Kristen's story boring for some viewers (I personally don't belong to that group but it is because I adore the character and love Bristen), I even can't think what they will do with other characters in the centre and their "not short" stories.
In fact I think Days' writers have to learn how to write and integrate compelling shorter storylines so that the show could remain dynamic all throughout the year, not just for sweeps.
Edited by thepadange, Nov 3 2013, 10:56 AM.

phloe3

I remember when they use to give away so much information in the spoilers, but now they barely give anything away
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dee-anne

phloe3
Nov 3 2013, 10:38 AM
I remember when they use to give away so much information in the spoilers, but now they barely give anything away
It's because there is nothing to give away. Most of the times we work out what is going to happen next before it does. I think they do give out enough spoilers. It does not seem like much, because most of the time their is not much happening. Everything gets dragged out, and characters motivations and actions make no sense until they are ready to have another big reveal. I haven't liked any of their stories, and in each of them, there is not much to tell. How many weeks and months we have had the flash back to the rape, either from Kristen or Eric, How many characters have they used just to tell us that Daniel and Jennifer belong together. We have lost count how many times they have broken up. EJ and Sami is the same story we have been getting for years, only this time they are having more sex, and he is not putting strangers in her bed to sleep with her now.

I am not even sure anymore if they are interested in writing Romance. We are not even getting adventure stories and everything is all negative. It's like there has to be constant arguing, hating, drug taking, deviousness, lying, shootings, and non of their stories have positive outcomes. Brady first story with Kristin, when it was over they just turned him even more stupid, his step mother's marriage broke up because of it, no positive ending to that. Now his second round with Kristin is now ending, and he is either going to be hitting the bottle or joining Theresa in drug taking.

I hate TomSell writing & I continue to be surprised the ratings are not worse.
Edited by Dee-anne, Nov 3 2013, 11:08 AM.

phloe3

good point. I remember the days when they would say exactly what would happen and I would be like why are they giving away so much information. I think i't better they don't give away much. I read the ones for GH and they gave information without giving a way too much

pagraves
Member Avatar

I wish the writers would take a weekend or two and take the time to hash out the backstories of the characters on the show. Who's related to whom, who's done what, who has a relationship (of any sort, not just romantic) with whom currently on the show, and who has an intriguing, dangling thread from their pasts that could be tugged to see what unravels. And then write for THOSE stories. Someone's long-forgotten secret comes out and shakes up everything. Characters start interacting with their friends they haven't interacted with in years and storylines suddenly form out of those. Someone's past comes back to haunt them/tantalize them/challenge them. (I think this may be why the Eric/Nicole story is working for so many folks—many of us remember their first story and it resonates for us now, especially where those characters have been in their lives in the interim - each one devolving away from each other instead of toward each other).

I have nothing against plot-intensive stories. I write plot-heavy romantic suspense books, so I'm all for a good, twisty, meaty plot. But if you don't have solid characters motivations driving those plots, you don't have a good story. You can have a brilliantly paced, plotted storyline but without the characters to breathe life and meaning into it, you just have some sort of strange, bloodless Goldberg device with no lasting power.

In a soap, especially, we're in it for the characters and how they relate to each other. Both romantically AND non-romantically.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply