Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47 announces a very special treat for "Days" fans!; First week of episodes from 1965
Topic Started: Oct 24 2013, 01:37 PM (638 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

JASON47 ANNOUNCES A VERY SPECIAL TREAT FOR "DAYS" VIEWERS AS THE SHOW CELEBRATES ITS 48TH ANNIVERSARY!

While the kids are getting ready to go trick or treating next week, "Days" fans will soon have some special treats of their own to enjoy. For the first time since their original airings in 1965, fans will now have the opportunity to watch the complete 3rd, 4th and 5th episodes of "Days", which originally aired during the show's first week on the air.

While SoapNet has aired the 1st and 2nd episodes of "Days" in recent years, the 3rd, 4th and 5th episodes (which originally aired November 10-12, 1965), have been rarely seen by anyone in the past 48 years. The episodes include the debuts of Julie's parents, Ben and Addie, as well as her brother, Steven. Episode highlights include a young Julie arguing with her parents after committing a crime (think of it as the 1965 version of Jennifer vs. JJ); Tony Merritt saying goodbye to his fiancee, Marie Horton, and heading to Boston, where he starts to develop unusual symptoms; and a fun scene in the Horton Living Room (yes, the same set that is still used today) between the series' trio of long-time stars Macdonald Carey (Tom), Frances Reid (Alice) and John Clarke (Mickey). The episodes also include the first-ever flashback footage on the show, as well as the first airing of the full end credits. Also, be on the lookout during the "Days" theme...it is not yet Macdonald Carey saying the familiar introduction, but announcer Ed Prentiss instead. Carey did not start doing the intro until March 1966.

One episode will be released each week, with episode 3 starting tomorrow (10/25/13), episode 4 (11/1/13) and episode 5 coming out on the show's 48th anniversary (11/8/13). In the meantime, if you've yet to watch the first two episodes of "Days", which have been available online for years, please do so with the links below.

For the "Days" pilot episode of 11/8/65, visit http://jason47.com/days/45tribute1.html
For episode # 2 (11/9/65), visit http://jason47.com/days/45tribute2.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Cool! I'm putting it on my calendar & will watch the first two tomorrow or over the weekend. Thank you, Jason!! :popcorn:

Jason47
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Oct 24 2013, 01:41 PM
Cool! I'm putting it on my calendar & will watch the first two tomorrow or over the weekend. Thank you, Jason!! :popcorn:
Boy, you must be a happy camper, ILoveLucyFan....first CBS announces this week that they will be airing the rarely seen Christmas episode of "I Love Lucy" (and for the first time in color) on December 20, and now you have some old "Days" episodes to watch too!!

jam6242
Member Avatar

Sounds great Jason! I haven't even seen these episodes before although I have been watching a long, long time. I'm going to tell a friend of mine who has watched from the beginning. She's sure to get a kick out of watching these.

KAM

Thanks so much for the notice, Jason. Are there more first year episodes available somewhere although not shown? Or are they 'lost'?

Jason47
Member Avatar

KAM
Oct 24 2013, 02:16 PM
Thanks so much for the notice, Jason. Are there more first year episodes available somewhere although not shown? Or are they 'lost'?
NBC has the complete archive of every episode, no episodes are lost!

BradyB

Any idea on the times? Can't find it on my dvr. :(
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Great news, Jason. I have been lucky enough to have seen those first five episodes before and they definitely are a treat.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

Jason47
Oct 24 2013, 02:31 PM
KAM
Oct 24 2013, 02:16 PM
NBC has the complete archive of every episode, no episodes are lost!
I just wish that they would finally make use of it and start releasing some damn DVD sets!! Lol.

Jason47
Member Avatar

BradyB
Oct 24 2013, 05:02 PM
Any idea on the times? Can't find it on my dvr. :(
??

These episodes are from my collection and will be on YouTube. They are not airing on TV.

BradyB

Thank you
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply