Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SON: Interview with Galen Gering
Topic Started: Oct 24 2013, 10:22 PM (3,253 Views)
Brewster
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Oct 25 2013, 09:54 AM
Lucky
Oct 25 2013, 07:43 AM
Yoryla
Oct 25 2013, 06:45 AM
I think it's a little offensive, unnecessary and weird for him to say how "shocked" he was that Rate has fans. What else did you expect when dealing with an appreciated powerhouse like LK? Of course there's gonna be fans. People like her, plus the chemistry was def there. The problem really was that there was nothing more than chem there, or at least there shouldn't be imo. And make no mistake buddy, SHE was the reason you were liked as a couple, not you. Lol.

Now, I don't care for the current helicopter-mama thing Kate is doing, but there's still chemistry, and LK is still the most fabulous thing in this storyline. GG really shouldn't have said that. Open mouth, insert foot.
I didn't see anything offensive in what he said. He was probably as surprised as we were when the writers had them hook up, and I bet he had no idea how the audience would react. So when he got so many positive messages from fans, he was surprised, but in a good way.

Also, I can assure you that while LK deserves some credit for couple's appeal (I love her too), GG was a big part of it for some fans as well.
Yes, he could have acknowledged in the article that 'his' wild cats are a majority of LK followers happy she was getting some from a younger guy. ;) Hence the loud rally of built in support from the get go. But, I don't think Galen was offensive in his "shocked' remarks. I'm sure he thought the pairing completely random and was concerned how it would be received by viewers.

Galen's probably right that a lot of fans are hoping Safe returns and it was nice of him to mention the loyalty of the fanbase. Those fans have little to base hope on so I'm sure it meant something to them to have him recognize their continuing devotion.

Kinda surprised how hush-hush the storyline with Jordan is. You'd think it'd be time to throw out some teasers. I hope the fact that it is being kept under wraps is because they're actually doing something right and creating a compelling story.

I've liked how they've shown the progression of Rafe's rehabilitation. Galen's done a good job showing the struggle and frustration that goes with recovery. There is a sincerity to it that I'm really enjoying. Interesting to hear how Galen researched and prepared for his scenes.

Having said what I just said about GG in my previous post, this might not make sense...but I think you make some good points here about the interview.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

spartan
Oct 25 2013, 07:14 AM
I don't understand what happened to the Rafe/Jordan pairing? Why can't GG talk about it/tease/promote it? That in addition to his tweets a few months ago about his job security (which would have been around current airtime if memory serves) makes this all so strange to me. What happened?

For him to jump immediately to Safe when the interviewer wasn't even referencing it without acknowledging the Jordan/Rafe coupling= odd.

I give him bonus points for spinning the coma into a total acting challenge though. Some politicians would be envious of that spin, GG. Nicely played. :blulaugh:
IDK if anything is happening there, but they're seriously not allowed to talk about anything that's coming up. So it's a little easier to get them to actually talk about things that aren't on the table right now. They're really not even allowing them to do teasers anymore.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I wish he'd said more or had been able to say more about Rafe/Jordan. I think they have a lot of potential. I'd much rather see that than another round of Safe any time soon.

That said, I've never understood the Rafe hate. I like Rafe (probably because I also liked Luis on Passions and they're very similar albeit with notable differences). Of Sami's three men currently on canvas, Lucas will always be number one in my book...but I have zero problems with Rafe.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I also don't think his comments about the pairing with Kate were rude. So many of us were surprised when they were put together so it must've really thrown the actors for a loop initially too. I think he was pleasantly surprised that people liked it. And if people liked the couple, by definition they liked it because they liked the two of them together.

outrageous
Member Avatar

So I'll start by saying that I totally despise Rafe and Safe with every fiber of my "soap persona's" being. Can't stand the character one bit, and the couple makes me nausiated. I think that it's GG that's holding out the hope for Safe more than their so called "many fans". He quite enjoyed playing with the leading lady and being front and centre IMO.

That said, for once I didn't find a Galen Gering interview offensive in any way. I think that he was plesantly surprised that Rafe and Kate had so many fans, particularly young ones, and the article points out that he couldn't give out any information about Rafe and Jordan.

All in all, nice interview.

Vicky4Mimi

I don't get the Rafe hate and certainly not the Galen hate. I have met most of the cast and have honestly found GG to be the most friendly, charming, funny and appealing than any of the others by a long shot. And not to mention he's drop dead gorgeous.

Safe does have a lot of fans and there is no reason for GG NOT to acknowledge them. I thought that was sweet. Most of the cast do mention their past pairings, like Ari mentions Bricole or Ejole, MR would mention Jack and Jen, Sami has several to mention and there are no hard feelings from anyone when they do that. So what Galen did is no different.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Oct 26 2013, 12:40 AM
I don't get the Rafe hate and certainly not the Galen hate. I have met most of the cast and have honestly found GG to be the most friendly, charming, funny and appealing than any of the others by a long shot. And not to mention he's drop dead gorgeous.

Safe does have a lot of fans and there is no reason for GG NOT to acknowledge them. I thought that was sweet. Most of the cast do mention their past pairings, like Ari mentions Bricole or Ejole, MR would mention Jack and Jen, Sami has several to mention and there are no hard feelings from anyone when they do that. So what Galen did is no different.

I do not know if it's "Hate" is a pretty strong word, and quite honestly why hate an actor or character? But however one can dislike an actor / character for many reasons , in GG / Rafe cases , it is because a lot of the fact , I think that first , it was so evident that GT did his friend a favor when he gave GG / Rafe front and center stories quite immediately, even though the actor was not particularly talented , plus I get the feeling that the actor is totally unaware of his acting . What I mean is that an actor should know their strengths and weaknesses. And when it comes to appearance my god in this industry , they all look more or less good so there's nothing special about how GG looks .I could easily list actors who is better looking, looks are not enough without the charisma and talent . Actors can be pigs behind stage but as soon as the camera rolls , it's a success thanks to the elements I listed . So that a actor is charming and nice behind the stage is not saying much either. IMO
Edited by The Scorpion, Oct 26 2013, 01:18 AM.

outrageous
Member Avatar

I think there's a big difference between hating an actor (real person) and hating a fictional character/couple. Unfortunately sometimes lines get blurred... And yes, hate is a very strong word that I don't personally use seriously.

I didn't like GG's interviews in the past because he used to rub Rafe/Safe in people's faces in a very arrogant way. In my case hearing good things about GG's good sense of humor from people who attended various Days events shed a positive light on him.
Edited by outrageous, Oct 26 2013, 04:47 PM.

KateDiMera
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Oct 25 2013, 06:45 AM
I think it's a little offensive, unnecessary and weird for him to say how "shocked" he was that Rate has fans. What else did you expect when dealing with an appreciated powerhouse like LK? Of course there's gonna be fans. People like her, plus the chemistry was def there. The problem really was that there was nothing more than chem there, or at least there shouldn't be imo. And make no mistake buddy, SHE was the reason you were liked as a couple, not you. Lol.

Now, I don't care for the current helicopter-mama thing Kate is doing, but there's still chemistry, and LK is still the most fabulous thing in this storyline. GG really shouldn't have said that. Open mouth, insert foot.
Quote:

THIS! Forever and ever!

marie1969

Brewster
Oct 25 2013, 10:59 AM
I know Safe has some fans, all couples do- even Dannifer. Even Cameron and Abigail.

But I always feel like GG has a harder time letting go of working with AS and having Safe than most fans do.

ICA. GG has trouble letting go of Safe, more so than the fans. I don't blame him though. Dud ain't stupid, he knows which side of his bread is buttered. He knows that being paired with the leading lady of the show keeps him front and center. However, poor Ali had to carry him for years, so it is about time the character stands on his own and shows us he can carry his own story. Time will tell.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

marie1969
Oct 27 2013, 08:16 AM
Brewster
I know Safe has some fans, all couples do- even Dannifer. Even Cameron and Abigail.

But I always feel like GG has a harder time letting go of working with AS and having Safe than most fans do.

ICA. GG has trouble letting go of Safe, more so than the fans. I don't blame him though. Dud ain't stupid, he knows which side of his bread is buttered. He knows that being paired with the leading lady of the show keeps him front and center. However, poor Ali had to carry him for years, so it is about time the character stands on his own and shows us he can carry his own story. Time will tell.
Yes,to be fair, many actor's ego is big and they want to be front and center, even if they do not fit there. And quite honestly the character Rafe is not an interesting character so there's not much to work with here, but this is where the talent and charisma coming in even if the character is lame, With a talented actor, he can add shades, layer regardsless script . But unfortunately GG does not have the talent. IMO.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

marie1969
Brewster

The stories presented are a collaboration of all the actors involved. They all work together to enhance the material and make it come across authentic. Galen wasn't 'carried'. Safe had a very favorable response. Those viewers liked the combination of Ali and Galen.

I also don't see how Galen acknowledging Safe and the hopes of the Safe fans in an interview equates to having trouble letting go. I thought he sounded respectful of those devoted fans in a time when story is continuing to deviate away from that pair.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

outrageous
Oct 25 2013, 10:51 PM
So I'll start by saying that I totally despise Rafe and Safe with every fiber of my "soap persona's" being. Can't stand the character one bit, and the couple makes me nausiated. I think that it's GG that's holding out the hope for Safe more than their so called "many fans". He quite enjoyed playing with the leading lady and being front and centre IMO.

That said, for once I didn't find a Galen Gering interview offensive in any way. I think that he was plesantly surprised that Rafe and Kate had so many fans, particularly young ones, and the article points out that he couldn't give out any information about Rafe and Jordan.

All in all, nice interview.
I dont think there are "so called many" fans. I think theres about the same amount considering Days ratings are not that much better now that things have changed. I say that as a fan who doesnt even like Rafe.
Edited by daysmemories, Oct 27 2013, 09:14 AM.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

The Scorpion
Oct 27 2013, 08:55 AM
marie1969
Brewster

Yes,to be fair, many actor's ego is big and they want to be front and center, even if they do not fit there. And quite honestly the character Rafe is not an interesting character so there's not much to work with here, but this is where the talent and charisma coming in even if the character is lame, With a talented actor, he can add shades, layer regardsless script . But unfortunately GG does not have the talent. IMO.
I think GG has a lot of talent. A character like Rafe doesn't get to be as showy or launch into hysterics as some of the others, as he's usually the one being strong for other characters and helping ground the scene. That makes the actor's job tougher as it requires a more nuanced performance, something GG is always able to deliver on because he's a very good actor. I think Rafe has a lot of depth. He's never had to be carried by anyone on this show, much of what fans liked from Safe came from him, the same with his other pairings. Personally I find Rafe to be a much more interesting character than some of the cartoons on the show with little to no depth. I thought it was cool of GG to mention the Safe fans, he still gets a lot of tweets from them, so I'm sure they appreciated his remarks. I have no idea how he feels personally about any of his pairings, but I've seen no evidence he has any trouble letting go.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Lucky
Oct 27 2013, 09:33 AM
The Scorpion
marie1969
Brewster

I think GG has a lot of talent. A character like Rafe doesn't get to be as showy or launch into hysterics as some of the others, as he's usually the one being strong for other characters and helping ground the scene. That makes the actor's job tougher as it requires a more nuanced performance, something GG is always able to deliver on because he's a very good actor. I think Rafe has a lot of depth. He's never had to be carried by anyone on this show, much of what fans liked from Safe came from him, the same with his other pairings. Personally I find Rafe to be a much more interesting character than some of the cartoons on the show with little to no depth. I thought it was cool of GG to mention the Safe fans, he still gets a lot of tweets from them, so I'm sure they appreciated his remarks. I have no idea how he feels personally about any of his pairings, but I've seen no evidence he has any trouble letting go.
it's your opinion and that's cool :) Sorry but I have a different opinion but will not repeat myself here why. But I would not bet on to see GG win a Grammy or ever be able to land a role in something bigger than this soap. IMO

MissLola
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Oct 27 2013, 12:30 PM
Lucky
The Scorpion
marie1969

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
it's your opinion and that's cool :) Sorry but I have a different opinion but will not repeat myself here why. But I would not bet on to see GG win a Grammy or ever be able to land a role in something bigger than this soap. IMO
Being that GG is not a singer that I am aware of, I don't see him winning a Grammy either. But who knows? Stranger things have been know to happen. :shrug:

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

MissLola
Oct 27 2013, 12:47 PM
The Scorpion
Oct 27 2013, 12:30 PM
Lucky
The Scorpion

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Being that GG is not a singer that I am aware of, I don't see him winning a Grammy either. But who knows? Stranger things have been know to happen. :shrug:
lol, my mistake :) correction EMMY :)

justforfun

Another good interview. I love GG and his sense of humor. I am hoping for something great with Jordan, and without Kate making another batch of brownies. I see nothing wrong in his comments about Rate. I think he was pleasantly surprised by the reaction of some of the fans. His comments abut SAFE were nice. I was a SAFE fan, but I am so sick of seeing AS on the screen, I don't care if they never put them back together. I actually prefer them not to. But some will look at every comment to see what they want. Also laughed at some of the fan comments after the interview. Seriously, I think some people are completely off their rockers with their hatred toward the character and GG.

mirabella

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed this interview very much. Can't wait to see more of Galen on screen and hope his airtime will pick up once Kristen leaves. I don't think Galen has any trouble letting SAFE go. He seems to be doing just fine without Ali/Sami. I think he enjoyed working with Lauren/Kate but was surprised that Rafe/Kate were so well received by the fans. I listened to several blog casts that they did together and separately and they both seemed to enjoy working together, were very complimentary of each other and the fans. Galen now seems to enjoy working with Chrishell. From what I see on twitter, it looks like a fanbase is building for Rafe/Jordan. I am looking forward to more scenes for them myself!

Lori

I don't think he has any trouble letting go of Safe either. People are still sending them gifts (Ali just this week or last tweeted someone sent them a bottle of wine) so he's just trying to be responsive to those fans. No different than Ari acknowledging the Dirty Martinis, IMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply