Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 25 2013, 02:55 AM (13,264 Views)
MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Feel the HAIDEN Heat!!

Reese
Oct 26 2013, 07:12 PM
So predictable. :sleep2:
Story of Days of our Lives' life.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Reese
Oct 26 2013, 07:12 PM
LuvingLumi
Oct 25 2013, 02:47 PM
PatNS
Oct 25 2013, 02:42 PM
I had to LOL when EJ told Sami that they are the two most miserable people on earth when they're apart. I beg to differ. You are both the two most miserable people on earth ... PERIOD ... no qualifier necessary.

Hmm ... and I see they are changing Sami and EJ's past via Will ... desperate move by TIIC to continue trying to sell something - Why so desperate? Hmm ... is the golden couple not so golden after all?

Please give Hope her own storyline already ... this pop up business is wearing and at times annoying.

Good for you Abby - I liked how she was mad (rightfully so) at both Chad and Cameron and told them both off.

I'm ticked at the way they used Hope just to give us the moment where noble Dan is protecting JJ allowing Jen to immediately jump to the conclusion that the idle gossip was in fact not gossip but the gospel ... sheesh!

Good job by Casey today - he played an 'in shock' JJ to perfection!
ITA on the Will stuff....not too long ago Will shot Ej to kill him because he was ruining HIS family and he made his parents divorce while they they were still in love...now Will is pimping Ejami and telling Sami that if she loves a person nothing should stop you from being with them...okay Will....I wish that with the face transplant you are about to get, the writing goes back to being more in character too...Will Horton should never, ever, ever like Ej DImera period....
It is annoying, but I think it's just another plot point. When EJ screws up again, the impact of Will turning on him will be even greater, so they had to back Will up a few steps from his stance against Sami living in the mansion. He'll be all, "See, I gave you a chance. I encouraged my mother to be with you and look what you do! I'm done with you!"

So predictable. :sleep2:
Nah.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

TreasureCove
Oct 26 2013, 08:26 PM
Jennifer holding Carly under the shower. She shoved a bar of soap(made out of white chocolate) into Carly's mouth so she would throw up the drugs that Vivian spiked her drink with, causing her to OD.
Didn't one of them slip or otherwise injure themselves during the shooting of these scenes?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

MissFancyFace
Oct 26 2013, 08:38 PM
Supergirlx2
Oct 26 2013, 10:14 AM
MissFancyFace
Oct 26 2013, 08:23 AM
Supergirlx2
Oct 25 2013, 02:54 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It so would not shock me whatsoever if Gary Tomlin is the cause of this asinine delay.
he can't delay a storyline coming to air if it's already been shot. He's only a headwriter. He has no control over any material once it's been translated from the page to the camera. He can't keep scenes from airing on the day they were originally meant to air on. The delay is simply due to the fact that they shoot so far in advance.
Whoever is behind it, sucks.
They shoot so far in advance because it saves them money. No one's creating a delay to annoy the Hope fans or to somehow spite KA. If an announcement came out tomorrow that someone had been hired to play JT, or Melissa, or Sarah, or whoever, and the actor would be starting next Monday (since it sounds like this upcoming week is a dark week), we'd have to wait the standard 4 months before we'd see them on screen. It's kinda a ridiculous amount of time, but I'm happy knowing that Kristian's been taping a story for a month & a half, if not almost 2 months now, and that every day that passes, we get one day closer to seeing that story start unveiling on our screens. As Kristian loves to say: "glass half full".

Mouse Mom

Sweet and Salty
Oct 25 2013, 01:16 PM
six
Oct 25 2013, 12:16 PM
For months now, JJ has believed that Daniel is trying to ruin his life, so why would he call Daniel when he's in trouble? What about his aunt Kayla?
Good point. However the show shows him picking up Jeanie's phone which showed the last number she called being Dr. Jonas. Of course.

Sweet and Salty

phloe3
Oct 25 2013, 08:44 PM
I was saying the same thing about why couldn't Daniel just say he went over there to tell her to stay away from JJ which was what he did in the first place. He could have said she overdosed when he got there
Maybe he still will. That IS how they JUST ended the show. The day starts again Monday!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Supergirlx2
Oct 26 2013, 09:45 PM
MissFancyFace
Supergirlx2
MissFancyFace

he can't delay a storyline coming to air if it's already been shot. He's only a headwriter. He has no control over any material once it's been translated from the page to the camera. He can't keep scenes from airing on the day they were originally meant to air on. The delay is simply due to the fact that they shoot so far in advance.
They shoot so far in advance because it saves them money. No one's creating a delay to annoy the Hope fans or to somehow spite KA. If an announcement came out tomorrow that someone had been hired to play JT, or Melissa, or Sarah, or whoever, and the actor would be starting next Monday (since it sounds like this upcoming week is a dark week), we'd have to wait the standard 4 months before we'd see them on screen. It's kinda a ridiculous amount of time, but I'm happy knowing that Kristian's been taping a story for a month & a half, if not almost 2 months now, and that every day that passes, we get one day closer to seeing that story start unveiling on our screens. As Kristian loves to say: "glass half full".
Friend, I like your style! :cheers:

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Feel the HAIDEN Heat!!

Supergirlx2
Oct 26 2013, 09:45 PM
MissFancyFace
Supergirlx2
MissFancyFace

Fair enough. I actually can't wait for the upcoming SL! I know KA is gonna ROCK IT!! :rockon:

But I'm also going to proceed with caution and not completely delude myself.
Edited by MissFancyFace, Oct 27 2013, 08:21 AM.

phloe3

JJ calling Daniel was the most logical choice to me. I don't see why he would call Kayla. How was he going to explain what was going on to her? I don't think Teresa would have wanted to see her like that. Then, Kayla might have thought he did something to her

six
Member Avatar

IMO, those same problems and more apply to calling Daniel, too. Why wouldn't Daniel think JJ did something to Theresa? He didn't think highly of him even before this.

phloe3

Daniel has been his champion lately, so I thought it made sense. Daniel said he would not get him in trouble. I can't see Kayla showing up at that apartment to half naked niece passed out. I don't think JJ would have wanted to put her through that after finding out what happened years ago with Jack

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

You know, I actually don't mind Daniel. Or EJ. Or Jennifer. As of now, when they're away from their "twu wuvs 4evah" and mingle with others, it's great. I wonder if that's how the actors feel. I think it's reflected in their acting.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Oct 25 2013, 12:59 PM
Pookie
Oct 25 2013, 12:56 PM
six
Oct 25 2013, 12:52 PM
Pookie
Oct 25 2013, 12:51 PM

Seems like they only have a general idea, based on the titles they have everyone give each other. Hope is apparently Theresa's cousin and Nick and JJ's aunt.
I'm surprised they haven't accidentally inbreeded two blood-related characters yet....or have they?
Well Shawn and Belle are as close as you can get without actually being related. They do share most of the same relatives lol.
I still consider that pairing incestuous. I don't care how many times they had Belle call Caroline "Mrs. Brady" instead of "Grandma".

Rosebud
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Oct 25 2013, 01:04 PM
blueskies
Oct 25 2013, 01:02 PM
JtSmarts
Pookie

Well Shawn and Belle are as close as you can get without actually being related. They do share most of the same relatives lol.
I keep worrying they're going to hookup Brady and Theresa after Kristen leaves. I mean if they want to forget Santeen happened I'd be good with that, but I'd be more convinced the writers simply don't realize they're related under the current convoluted John Black backstory.
I would be fine with John just going back to being plain old Forrest Alamain. Santeen just made a complicated story even more complicated.
I'm fine with John going back to being Roman!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

six
Supergirlx2
six
Pookie
Oct 25 2013, 12:51 PM

Seems like they only have a general idea, based on the titles they have everyone give each other. Hope is apparently Theresa's cousin and Nick and JJ's aunt.
Hope is actually Theresa's aunt and Nick & JJ's cousins, though you could make a case for why JJ & Abby could refer to Hope as "Aunt Hope" even though they're technically cousins. The Nick/Hope relationship has always been a cousin one.
I could kind of see all of those working, except Hope calling Theresa 'cuz' because that makes no sense. It wouldn't really bother me if it was consistent, but not all the script writers are on the same page. They also had Nick calling Julie his aunt and Brady calling Ciara his niece.
I think she is his niece, since Bo is Brady's uncle, right? Bo and Isabella are siblings.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 27 2013, 01:33 PM
JtSmarts
Pookie
six

I'm surprised they haven't accidentally inbreeded two blood-related characters yet....or have they?
I still consider that pairing incestuous. I don't care how many times they had Belle call Caroline "Mrs. Brady" instead of "Grandma".
When Sonny was introduced as Will's potential love interest, I had to do a flow chart in my head to make sure they weren't related. They do share cousins in JJ and Abby, of course, which was addressed right away.

I still pause now and again to make sure Theresa and JJ aren't cousins, which they aren't except through marriage if you think that JJ's cousin (once removed?) Hope is Theresa's aunt by marriage.

six
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 27 2013, 01:45 PM
six
Supergirlx2
six

Hope is actually Theresa's aunt and Nick & JJ's cousins, though you could make a case for why JJ & Abby could refer to Hope as "Aunt Hope" even though they're technically cousins. The Nick/Hope relationship has always been a cousin one.
I could kind of see all of those working, except Hope calling Theresa 'cuz' because that makes no sense. It wouldn't really bother me if it was consistent, but not all the script writers are on the same page. They also had Nick calling Julie his aunt and Brady calling Ciara his niece.
I think she is his niece, since Bo is Brady's uncle, right? Bo and Isabella are siblings.
Yes, Bo and Isabella are siblings, but that makes Brady and Ciara first cousins, not uncle and niece.

six
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Oct 27 2013, 01:37 PM
JtSmarts
Oct 25 2013, 01:04 PM
blueskies
JtSmarts

I keep worrying they're going to hookup Brady and Theresa after Kristen leaves. I mean if they want to forget Santeen happened I'd be good with that, but I'd be more convinced the writers simply don't realize they're related under the current convoluted John Black backstory.
I would be fine with John just going back to being plain old Forrest Alamain. Santeen just made a complicated story even more complicated.
I'm fine with John going back to being Roman!
I just suggested this to someone on twitter, but that would make shelle actually incestuous instead of kind of incestuous.

Kriss4

phloe3
Oct 27 2013, 10:00 AM
Daniel has been his champion lately, so I thought it made sense. Daniel said he would not get him in trouble. I can't see Kayla showing up at that apartment to half naked niece passed out. I don't think JJ would have wanted to put her through that after finding out what happened years ago with Jack
Are the Bradys even gonna find out what happened with Theresa? The spoilers don't make it clear.

Is Daniel gonna cover it all up, earning JJ's gratitude?

It won't earn MY gratitude if it goes that way, because once again it would be all about Daniel the hero. I would much rather see the effect of Theresa's overdose on the Bradys. I'd like to see them come together in a crisis.

On the bright side, maybe if Daniel does cover it up, maybe when it's discovered, Kayla and Maxine and Hope and Jennifer can be mad at Dr. Do No Wrong for a change...

And I love Kayla and Hope.

No comment on current Maxine and Jennifer.

Carly
Member Avatar

I'm seriously wondering if Daniel will fall in love with Theresa now that he's saved her life. It would definitely fit his pattern to become enamored with his latest female patient.

And then maybe Theresa will realize that she's gotten more than she's bargained for, and she'll try to distance herself from Daniel, but he'll start stalking her or something. And then Jennifer can finally realize that Daniel is a pervert, and she and JJ can team up to bring Daniel to justice. (JJ and Jen could even discover that Daniel killed his first wife because she was going to leave him after she finished her chemotherapy treatment.) Yeah, I know DAYS would never go in this direction, but I would love for people in Salem to finally acknowledge Daniel's creepiness and wildly inappropriate behavior! There's really tons of storyline potential if characters start realizing that Daniel is a twisted creep.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply