Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 10/28
Topic Started: Oct 28 2013, 05:09 AM (11,844 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Please post all interesting/spoilerish tweets in this thread. If a news article or new video is also tweeted (for example by SOD or NBC), it should probably go in its own thread, following our normal rules. This thread is for tweets, usually from someone on the list below, which give us information in some way about anything related to the show or upcoming storylines.

Please link each tweet and then set it off in italics, quotes or a quote box. To link a tweet, click "expand" and then click "details". That will give you the link to the tweet on its own page. If this is difficult (ie posting from a phone), please at least set off the tweet in quotation marks.

If anyone has names to add to this thread, please PM them to me rather than putting them in the thread. There are unfortunately a lot of fake accounts out there, and we want to verify each account is legit before putting it in this list.

I have entered the below list as a "Twitter List" under the DaytimeRoyalty twitter account. To access it, go to

http://twitter.com/DaytimeRoyalty/days-of-our-lives

Then click "Follow this list". It will then appear in your lists.

Thanks! :smile:

Posted Image

List of Twitter and FB pages

Official Days Accounts
@Daysofourlives
@NbcDays

Current Days Cast
Kristian Alfonso - @kjalfonso
Camila Banus - @camilabanus
Blake Berris - @blakeberris
Shawn Christian - @ShawnC4Real
Bryan Dattilo @bryan_dattilo
Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty
Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson, Eileen Davidson Facebook
Casey Deidrick - @caseydeidrick
Sean Douglas - @TheSean_Douglas
Judi Evans - @TheJudiEvans
Galen Gering - @Galengering, Jenna Gering (wife) @jennagering
Deidre Hall - @DeidreHall, The Deidre Hall Fan Page (Facebook)
Bill & Susan Hayes - @DaysHayes
Drake Hogestyn - @DrakeHogestyn, Drake Hogestyn Facebook
Lauren Koslow - @LaurenKoslow
Wally Kurth - @Wallykurth
Jen Lilley - @jen_lilley
Meredith Scott Lynn - @MeredithSLynn
Kate Mansi - @katemansi
Eric Martsolf - @EricMartsolf
Chandler Massey - @ChandlerMassey
Casey Moss - @1CaseyMoss
Nathan Owens - @Nathanjowens
Terrell Ransom Jr. - @TerrellRansomJr
Melissa Reeves - @missyreeves4
James Reynolds - @JreynoldsJames
Suzanne Rogers - @SuzanneC_Rogers, Suzanne Rogers Facebook
James Scott - @IamJamesScott
Freddie Smith - @freddiemsmith
Chrishell Stause - @Chrishell7
Alison Sweeney - @Ali_Sweeney, Alison Sweeney Facebook
Greg Vaughan - @greg_vaughan
Guy Wilson - @THEguywilson
Ari Zucker - @Ari_Zucker, Ari Zucker Facebook

Writers/Hairstylists/Other Staff
Lisa De Cazotte (Co-Executive producer) - @DeCazotte1
Judie Henninger (Promos) - @heyjude14
Matthew Holman (Hairstylist) - @Matthewhairpro
Jayne Marie Kehoe (Wardrobe) - @costumesbyjmk
Patrick Kilian (Former Hairstylist) - @patrickkilian
Maggie Klaus (Former 'Days Insider') - @TheRealMagstar

Former Days cast active on twitter or Facebook and not currently on another soap:
Matt Ashford - @matthew_ashford
Nadia Bjorlin - @realnadiab
Kyle Brandt - @KyleBrandt34
Tamara Braun - @tamarabraun
Darin Brooks - @theedarinbrooks
Sarah Brown - @sarahjoybrown,Sarah Brown Facebook
Ian Buchanan @KilttripUSA
Molly Burnett - @mollydollyy
Crystal Chappell - @crystalchappell
Christie Clark - @Christie__Clark, Christie Clark Facebook
Patrika Darbo - @PatrikaDarbo
Bren Foster - @BrenFosterReal
Staci Greason - @StaciGreason
Mark Hapka - @MarkHapka
Shelley Hennig - @Shelleyhennig
Brody Hutzler - @brodyhutzler
Gloria Loring - @theglorialoring
Kyle Lowder - @kylelowder22
Martha Madison - @Marth27, Martha Madison Facebook
Rachel Melvin - @Rachel_Melvin
Patrick Muldoon - @MuldoonPatrick
Patsy Pease - @PatriciaPease
Austin Peck - @AustinRed5
Thaao Penghlis - @ThaaoPenghlis
Julie Pinson - @JuliePinsonCom
Peter Reckell - @PeterReckell
Lisa Rinna - @lisarinna
Michael Sabatino - @michaelsabatino
Francisco San Martin - @Pepoduder
Kevin Spirtas - Kevin Spirtas Fan Page (Facebook)
Charles Shaughnessy - @c_shaughnessy
Billy Warlock - @billywarlock
Valerie Wildman - @ValerieWildman
Schuyler Yancey - @schuyleryancey

Contact Info:

DAYS Comment Line: 1-818-840-2067

Ken Corday
Executive Producer, Days of Our Lives
3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 170
Burbank, CA 91505

Greg Meng
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523
gmeng@dool.net

Lisa De Cazotte
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Bruce Evans
SVP, Current Programming
NBC/Universal
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Rebecca McGill
Director, Drama Programming
NBC Television Network
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Gary Tomlin
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Chris Whitesell
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Writing Team
Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Michael Lynton
Chairman & CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
10202 West Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232-3195

Steve Kent
Senior Executive VP of Programming
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
steve_kent@spe.sony.com

Soap Opera Digest
4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10004
sodsound@soapoperadigest.com

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
feedback@sonypictures.com and spe_corporate_communications@spe.sony.com

------------------------------------------------------------

It is unlikely SOD will print any letter that bashes an actor/actress, producer or headwriter. Try to be reasonable and respectful with your criticism, but don't be afraid to express your point of view about the show and its storylines.

If the comment line inboxes are full, wait until they're emptied and call back later.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The PR team at Days wants us to let everyone know they check this board daily and they report our feedback to producers. They also check the comment line, so make sure to call it often and leave your feedback about the show!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Replies:
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Nov 3 2013, 02:19 PM
Laufeyson
Nov 3 2013, 02:11 PM
Panda Panda
Nov 3 2013, 02:00 PM
lol, I admit I got curious and looked at your twitter feed. The stuff about wanting to cut DHer from the show for budget reasons just seems so ridiculous now considering all that they're doing to accommodate AS both financially and time-wise. :/

And apparently because she held NBC in her pockets and that allowed her to say "No" to story ideas? Like that's kinda.... wow. I am not amused. :glare:
This is hardly surprising to me.
I don't think it is either. I believe that there were others before, during, and after DHer who had the same pull, but it's pretty stupid that TPTB tried to get rid of DHer for those specific reasons only to allow AS to start/continue that same behavior, for lack of a better word, that they apparently deemed inappropriate for DHer.

And I'm not posting this to start another AS/Sami Brady debate but given the subject and what we've seen and heard over the past 7-8 years about the going ons backstage at Days. It feels really hypocritical to me. They should have stopped the "Diva" behavior all across the board.
And in the 90s and the 00s, DH wasn't asking for time off to do everything else, she was asking for time with her children. Children she'd fought hard to have and wanted to spend time with. She asked for a solid vacation in the summer to be with her children during their time off from school, and then just asked if they could use her as efficiently as possible (they used to work longer hours, and she basically asked that if she came in early, could she be out within 12 hours instead of being there for 18). She had her time off in the 80s doing another TV show, with the show's blessing. They worked around her for 6 months and then they just let her go - she wanted to have babies and focus on that, and it just sort of happened weirdly.

Considering what she's done for the show in the 70s, 80s and 90s, I wouldn't say that's too much at all. In the 80s and 90s, she pretty much drove the show, she was their cheerleader and spokesperson, she pulled off weird-ass storylines, and she gave them ratings like gangbusters (her return took the show from the 9th spot to 1st and 2nd 18-49/general audience). She is to DAYS what Geary is to GH. What Braden is to Y&R. What has AS done for the show that even compares to that and validates them giving her whatever she wants? I get them wanting to groom someone new as DH's heir, but AS doesn't work, partly because of the character she plays. Sami should never drive storyline as the heroine. And heroines drive story, sorry, but they just do. Then you have sassy interlopers who try and frak up that heroine's life - that's Sami.

I just don't get what the executives see in her. I get that Carrie is no longer the automatic option, because they have just written her terribly for the past 15 years, but she could be IF they gave her a personality, and let her be more a mix of the women and the man who raised her. Let her be the mix of Marlena, Anna and John she should be. And let Sami be the opposite of it, like it was, but let it evolve with time. They're stuck in the same shit, but yet they write Sami as a "grey heroine" while never letting the characters grow. Belle and Carrie could both be the ones to take over, Sami cannot.

:soapbox:
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Oh my god, that post from Dee ... some fans are so fucking creepy. I never want to be famous.

Re. returns, while my heart belongs to Jack, and I love Steve and Bo dearly as well, the return I think would realistically go the most well considering other logistics is Mike Horton. Exit Dr. Taniel, enter Dr. Mike, heir to the Horton legacy at University Hospital, (temporary) romantic interest for Kayla Brady.

Re. ambitions, I'm also disappointed that the Deveraux kids don't have bigger aspirations. Maybe it makes no sense to expect things from characters based on who their parents are, but part of the appeal of original recipe J&J was their savviness and sophistication. They were worldly and educated, and Abby's and JJ's storylines seem so very ... suburban, for lack of a better word. Just ... middling. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm suburban and middling. But it's not what I expected from the Deverauxs.

But then again I was thinking about it the other day and how quite honestly it would be weird for kids in the millenium generation to realistically expect to go big places with just a dream to steer them. The economy fucking sucks, and kids growing up in this climate are going to be different than kids who grew up in Reagan's 80's.

Still, I wouldn't mind if they at least had some convictions about the world around them, if they just felt tapped in to the so many aspects of life that don't have to do with high school and dating life and ... mom's high school dating life ...
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

DesignatedShelley
Nov 3 2013, 08:09 PM
Oh my god, that post from Dee ... some fans are so fucking creepy. I never want to be famous.

Re. returns, while my heart belongs to Jack, and I love Steve and Bo dearly as well, the return I think would realistically go the most well considering other logistics is Mike Horton. Exit Dr. Taniel, enter Dr. Mike, heir to the Horton legacy at University Hospital, (temporary) romantic interest for Kayla Brady.

Re. ambitions, I'm also disappointed that the Deveraux kids don't have bigger aspirations. Maybe it makes no sense to expect things from characters based on who their parents are, but part of the appeal of original recipe J&J was their savviness and sophistication. They were worldly and educated, and Abby's and JJ's storylines seem so very ... suburban, for lack of a better word. Just ... middling. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm suburban and middling. But it's not what I expected from the Deverauxs.

But then again I was thinking about it the other day and how quite honestly it would be weird for kids in the millenium generation to realistically expect to go big places with just a dream to steer them. The economy fucking sucks, and kids growing up in this climate are going to be different than kids who grew up in Reagan's 80's.

Still, I wouldn't mind if they at least had some convictions about the world around them, if they just felt tapped in to the so many aspects of life that don't have to do with high school and dating life and ... mom's high school dating life ...
You know what I wish for the Deveraux kids, especially JJ? I wish their time in London was incorporated into who they are now. Realistically JJ spent enough time there to have an accent, so it would be fun if every once in awhile he joked around in a British accent. And he could have conversations with Will about, say an American sport like football or baseball and have JJ be ignorant about it as he is more of a soccer fan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

DesignatedShelley

I totally get what you're saying about Abby and JJ. It's how I feel about Jeannie Theresa. Kim and Shane were both highly educated and worldly. I always consider Jack and Shane the most highly educated characters in Days history. Shane attended Eton and then graduated from Cambridge with honors. He spoke multiple languages and had traveled the world for the ISA. Kim had a post-graduate degree and it was established that during her high-price call girl days, she hung with the top echelon of European society. Their romantic evenings involved reciting Shakespeare and poetry, and talking about places they had been.

They also were among the wealthiest Salemites. Shane was worth a fortune when he "died" in 1989. He had two estates -- the one in Salem that is now the DiMansion and Donovan Manor in England. He also was shown to be active in stock trading, so probably increased his wealth significantly during the stock market boom of the 90s. Meanwhile, when Kim left Salem, she was engaged to a Hollywood producer whose films had made millions.

So whenever I've pictured Jeannie and Andrew over the years, I've figured they were sent to the most elite schools and given every possible advantage in life. I can't imagine that education would have been anything less than priority one for the Donovan kids, and they were probably pushed toward Oxbridge or Ivy League schools from the time they were young teens. As kids, if they weren't living at Donovan Manor (like they were when Kim was last regularly on the show in 1992), they would have at least spent summers there and in Europe (Shane once joked about taking Andrew mountain-climbing in the Alps), and they would have been exposed to music and art. Their friends would have been from the same elite circles -- the kids of Hollywood elite or well-connected European money. They would have had the best clothes, new cars, trust funds, you name it.

That actually could have been a lot of pressure on a kid, and might help explain why Jeannie Theresa turned to drugs. (If Andrew was the golden child who excelled, it would even add to Jeannie T's sense of being a failure.) But even then, I would expect Jeannie Theresa to show up in designer clothes and with an air of sophistication. And to the extent she is hurting for money, I would expect an explanation that she had been cut off by her parents or had blown through her trust fund.

What I just don't get is how Jeannie became this totally aimless character who seems so middling, and seems to have no desires in life beyond her next score and harassing Jennifer Horton.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysofold

The Room Stops
Nov 3 2013, 08:06 PM
Panda Panda
Nov 3 2013, 02:19 PM
Laufeyson
Nov 3 2013, 02:11 PM
Panda Panda
Nov 3 2013, 02:00 PM
lol, I admit I got curious and looked at your twitter feed. The stuff about wanting to cut DHer from the show for budget reasons just seems so ridiculous now considering all that they're doing to accommodate AS both financially and time-wise. :/

And apparently because she held NBC in her pockets and that allowed her to say "No" to story ideas? Like that's kinda.... wow. I am not amused. :glare:
This is hardly surprising to me.
I don't think it is either. I believe that there were others before, during, and after DHer who had the same pull, but it's pretty stupid that TPTB tried to get rid of DHer for those specific reasons only to allow AS to start/continue that same behavior, for lack of a better word, that they apparently deemed inappropriate for DHer.

And I'm not posting this to start another AS/Sami Brady debate but given the subject and what we've seen and heard over the past 7-8 years about the going ons backstage at Days. It feels really hypocritical to me. They should have stopped the "Diva" behavior all across the board.
And in the 90s and the 00s, DH wasn't asking for time off to do everything else, she was asking for time with her children. Children she'd fought hard to have and wanted to spend time with. She asked for a solid vacation in the summer to be with her children during their time off from school, and then just asked if they could use her as efficiently as possible (they used to work longer hours, and she basically asked that if she came in early, could she be out within 12 hours instead of being there for 18). She had her time off in the 80s doing another TV show, with the show's blessing. They worked around her for 6 months and then they just let her go - she wanted to have babies and focus on that, and it just sort of happened weirdly.

Considering what she's done for the show in the 70s, 80s and 90s, I wouldn't say that's too much at all. In the 80s and 90s, she pretty much drove the show, she was their cheerleader and spokesperson, she pulled off weird-ass storylines, and she gave them ratings like gangbusters (her return took the show from the 9th spot to 1st and 2nd 18-49/general audience). She is to DAYS what Geary is to GH. What Braden is to Y&R. What has AS done for the show that even compares to that and validates them giving her whatever she wants? I get them wanting to groom someone new as DH's heir, but AS doesn't work, partly because of the character she plays. Sami should never drive storyline as the heroine. And heroines drive story, sorry, but they just do. Then you have sassy interlopers who try and frak up that heroine's life - that's Sami.

I just don't get what the executives see in her. I get that Carrie is no longer the automatic option, because they have just written her terribly for the past 15 years, but she could be IF they gave her a personality, and let her be more a mix of the women and the man who raised her. Let her be the mix of Marlena, Anna and John she should be. And let Sami be the opposite of it, like it was, but let it evolve with time. They're stuck in the same shit, but yet they write Sami as a "grey heroine" while never letting the characters grow. Belle and Carrie could both be the ones to take over, Sami cannot.

:soapbox:
Couldn't agree with you more. AS has never or will never be an icon to Days like Deidre Hall, Kristian Alfonso, Peter Reckell or Drake Hogestyn. But then again, TPTB are complete idiots and cannot or will not write for the entire show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

DesignatedShelley
I think there's some truth in that, but the Reagan economy wasn't awesome to everyone either, and Days in the 80's showed some (soap-ified) down-and-out types. And there are a lot of people out there now who are striving all the more because of the changing economy. There's a way to make compelling characters that are relevant to just about any era, but it's just not happening right now on Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Nov 3 2013, 02:08 PM
Now that Kola Boof has been brought up, a question for those of you in the know: has it ever been proven that she had actually worked for Days? Throughout the years, I've heard stories of her. I wasn't active on message boards when she first stepped into the spotlight with her claims, so what I know about her I learnt from subsequent discussions when she was mentioned. Some of the stuff I read seemed really out of this world. And several people said they didn't buy a single word out of her mouth. So, I'm curious to know what the actual deal with her is. Did she ever give any proof to her claims, like a picture from Days set or something? Did anyone from Days ever acknowledge that she had in fact worked there (more specifically: Jason, do you have her listed as a former employee)?

She was listed as a script writer in the credits that aired at the end of several episodes, so yes, she did work for the show. I did email with her briefly back then. It still feels a little strange that I've had email chats with someone who spent time with Osama Bin Laden. Never thought I'd be able to say that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Nov 3 2013, 11:29 PM
DesignatedShelley
I think there's some truth in that, but the Reagan economy wasn't awesome to everyone either, and Days in the 80's showed some (soap-ified) down-and-out types. And there are a lot of people out there now who are striving all the more because of the changing economy. There's a way to make compelling characters that are relevant to just about any era, but it's just not happening right now on Days.
It would be nice if the show made some effort to acknowledge class differences among the characters. Gabi, for instance, should be a struggling single-mother who works part time and goes to school (assuming she is even working right now). That should show. She should be worried about how she is going to pay rent, afford diapers, and otherwise afford to raise a kid. It's not like Will is rolling in dough either. That's a major part of being a young parent, but it hasn't been touched on at all.

Meanwhile, wardrobe completely misses the ball on its "executives." Brady and EJ should be wearing $1,000 custom-tailored suits on a regular basis. Meanwhile, Sami was supposedly a cosmetics company executive but looked like she was shopping at Sears. (Does she still have that job now?)

As far as I know, John and Marlena never got the money back that he gave up after the embezzlement. So what is Marlena living on? And I'm totally unclear on the Devereaux's financial situation. When I stopped watching in the early 1990s, Jack had lost most of his money. So I don't get the sense that they are uber-wealthy -- not like the Kiriakis and DiMeras (or I would expect the Donovans to be).
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Days Details · Next Topic »
Locked Topic