Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Countdown: Scariest Scenes; Top 5 *updated*
Topic Started: Oct 28 2013, 05:04 PM (2,187 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Runners Up

Runners Up Part 2

Finally! Here are our top five scariest moments! All of these stories have been touched on already in one way or another, but these moments are the ones that stand out the most.
Roman’s Murder (2003)
Roman's was the 6th murder during the serial killer storyline. The audience knew he was the next victim, but security at his wedding to Kate seemed to be pretty tight. Roman was determined to marry Kate despite warnings from his daughter, his ex-wife, and the killer (we didn’t know yet that the latter two were one and the same). Roman’s death actually provides two scary moments. His actual murder is pretty eerie, but Kate’s reaction after she finds him is even better. It’s not in the GIF, but after Roman's throat was slashed, the killer shoved the miniature bride and groom cake topper down his throat. Please note, this is how you splatter blood on a cake.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Marlena Levitates (1994)
As Salemites gathered at St. Luke’s for midnight mass on Christmas Eve, we got our first glimpse at what was going on with Marlena. And with this, the Possession story was officially off the ground.

Vivian Rolls Around on Carly’s Grave (1993)
Vivian was positively gleeful that her plan to get Carly away from Lawrence and Nicky had worked. As Carly woke up in her coffin, Vivian rolled around above her in delight.

Maggie’s Murder (2003)
Maggie knew that she was next on the Salem Serial Killer’s hit list. She had witnessed Jack’s murder, but she was having trouble recalling exactly what it was she saw. On Halloween night in the middle of a thunderstorm, Mickey was asleep upstairs, but someone paid Maggie a visit. The audience still didn’t know who the killer was, but it was clearly someone Maggie liked and trusted. Maggie proceeded to have a very lengthy one-way conversation with the killer as we watched it all play out from the killer’s perspective. At one point, the killer even used a video camera (that Maggie saw) so that Bo and Hope could watch in horror as the killer got closer and closer to making his/her move. In a moment of sad irony, recovering alcoholic Maggie was bashed over the head with a liquor bottle.

Cassie’s Murder (2003)
Finally, we have our top scary moment. At Caroline’s wake, it had been revealed that Rex and Cassie were actually the biological children of Roman and Kate. There really wasn’t anyone in Salem (or any viewer) who was happy about this, lease of all Cassie and Kate who hated each other. But there as no time to deal with that. Cassie had figured out who the killer was and was determined to out her. The audience already knew from experience that knowing the identity of the killer was a good way to insure one's death. Later at a town Thanksgiving event, things took a dark turn. There was a piñata for the children, but as they began to hit it, blood started to pour out. And suddenly, Cassie’s body fell out covered in stabbing wounds.

Thanks for participating and feel free to discuss these and any we may have left out here in this thread!
Edited by lysie, Oct 31 2013, 02:44 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Happy to help with the GIFs. Posted Image

I do think you'll find that the show has been on for 48 years, not 38, however. lol. ;)

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Oct 28 2013, 11:01 PM
Happy to help with the GIFs. Posted Image

I do think you'll find that the show has been on for 48 years, not 38, however. lol. ;)
For the love of absolute Pete.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

LOL at the Maggie in a sarcophagus thing, because the God's honest truth is that that's where she really should be right now. Where's Vivian when you need her?!?
Edited by Yoryla, Oct 29 2013, 05:36 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

granted i had stopped watching for a while, but i truly don't recall any of the 2007 ones. also it's always interesting to see the pre-1990s ones.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Every single time I see that clip of Marlena's flying coffin landing on Melaswen I LMFAO. Days really went down the rabbit hole on that one, but it led to some killer dramatic moments---I for one loved all the reunions on the island, and when the survivors made it back to Salem.

Brewster
Member Avatar

Oh my gosh, I remember all of these!

The one that irks me the most is the one with Tony (Andre) and the tiger. I love tigers and I don't love the circus.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Was I in a coma during the year 2007??? I don't remember any of those scenes/stories!!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kate being hung in the Brady Pub...that was pretty creepy at the time...Renee dying on her bedroom floor while a party goes on down stairs...again CREEPY!

I also would nominate when Ali tried to kill herself in that bathtub, slit her wrists and then wrote "M I K E" in her blood on the tub wall...that was horrific!

i<3ddjmalways
Member Avatar
What a beautiful couple!

All those scenes were pretty creepy and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't remember those two scenes in 2007, and I was still watching then! Weird. :huh1:

I would definitely have to say that one of the most creepiest scenes for me would be when we first see Marlena possessed. She is sitting in bed, looks up and her eyes are green. When I first saw that, I almost had a heart attack. It definitely scared me. :OhMy:

It starts at around 3:57.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The original post has been updated.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Marlena puking what looks like mustard was hilarious! :blulaugh:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

MissLola
Oct 29 2013, 09:58 PM
Marlena puking what looks like mustard was hilarious! :blulaugh:
i think that one creeped me out the most when I was making the GIFs. it's just so OTT fake.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

The best part of Renee's death, however, wasn't her exact death -- it was the speech she gave downstairs at her party immediately preceding it. IMO, that will forever be on of the great character moments in the show's entire history. Philece Sampler simply NAILED it!

chinkybig

Marlena floating above her bed gave me nightmares. I was 13 way back then. Lol

esp13
Member Avatar

There is no GIF in the Kayla one. It's just an empty space when I click the spoiler tag.

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Oct 30 2013, 09:29 AM
There is no GIF in the Kayla one. It's just an empty space when I click the spoiler tag.
I can see it. Are you on a computer, iPad, or phone?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

i<3ddjmalways
Oct 29 2013, 04:33 PM
All those scenes were pretty creepy and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't remember those two scenes in 2007, and I was still watching then! Weird. :huh1:

I would definitely have to say that one of the most creepiest scenes for me would be when we first see Marlena possessed. She is sitting in bed, looks up and her eyes are green. When I first saw that, I almost had a heart attack. It definitely scared me. :OhMy:

It starts at around 3:57.

I so agree on this...that slow closeup of her head turning towards the camera...eyes slowly opening and BOOM green eyes...I will NEVER forget that as long as I live...I was younger and had never seen something like that before on soap operas, only the movies...I was simply stunned...I knew my soap had changed and things were going to be crazy...I was HOOKED!

This was also the time that my parents both quit watching DAYS for a number of years and BANNED it in our household (Catholic family!)...my sisters friends would record it for us and we would watch it in her room late at night after everyone was sleeping...
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Oct 30 2013, 05:25 PM.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

blueskies
Oct 29 2013, 06:59 AM
granted i had stopped watching for a while, but i truly don't recall any of the 2007 ones. also it's always interesting to see the pre-1990s ones.

I was always watching, but for the life of me, I can't remember Roman being buried. LOL I remember the thing with Benji though. :blulaugh:

lysie
Member Avatar

The original post has been updated.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply