Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Countdown: Scariest Scenes; Top 5 *updated*
Topic Started: Oct 28 2013, 05:04 PM (2,347 Views)
PALMommy
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 29 2013, 02:36 PM
Kate being hung in the Brady Pub...that was pretty creepy at the time...Renee dying on her bedroom floor while a party goes on down stairs...again CREEPY!

I also would nominate when Ali tried to kill herself in that bathtub, slit her wrists and then wrote "M I K E" in her blood on the tub wall...that was horrific!
Nurse Ali scared me to death w/ that suicide attempt!

Edited by PALMommy, Oct 31 2013, 02:07 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Oh, I'm so GLAD Cassie made it to the #1 spot of this list!!! Although I didn't think it was the scariest personally though, lol.

But this thing right here is such a total wrongness:
"Rex and Cassie were actually the biological children of Roman and Kate. There really wasn’t anyone in Salem (or any viewer) who was happy about this, lease of all Cassie and Kate who hated each other. "

This was an EXCELLENT turn of events!!! Firstly, Roman and Kate were a wonderful couple, finally someone, a real man for Kate, and a feisty vixen for Roman! Neither character had ever been more interesting and likeable than then. It was beautiful that they would have children together. And I loved Rex and Cassie, feisty and independent, just like their parents.

Besides it was total WTFuckery that they could have been Tony's and Marlena's, that' just disgusting firstly, also Marlena did NOT need any more children, also Mar was always Stefano's Queen in the Night, NOT Tony's EVER. And trying to make it so doesn't change any facts. Plus it's disgusting because Stefano had her first.

This is totally silly and something I for one will never believe, for people to say that they didn't like that storyline because it was great and the best storyline there was during that time!!! Where the writers ACTUALLY went wrong was to kill Cassie off so soon because she was a great character and I wanted her relationship with bitch-mother Kate explored. I mean just think about it Kate NEVER had a good old BITCH daughter to compete with her, Billie was always just whiny and milque-toast plus she always got along with her mother and that was not a story in itself, is it LOL. However with Cassie she could have had SUCH a great rivalry! Because they wouldn't have stood each other for one minute, just think about it, all the men and the business they could have fought over. This is all also why this Jordan (BORING) character should have been Cassie all along!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Great list! That Salem Stalker storyline really did provide a lot of creepy moments. Cassie & Roman were prob my scariest but Caroline falling over in the church when Bo finds her & Alice with Marlena were too. Maggie, while a horrible way to die, really made me laugh more than anything b/c i wasn't a fan of hers and it was so ironic.

lysie
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Oct 31 2013, 05:58 PM
Oh, I'm so GLAD Cassie made it to the #1 spot of this list!!! Although I didn't think it was the scariest personally though, lol.

"Rex and Cassie were actually the biological children of Roman and Kate. There really wasn’t anyone in Salem (or any viewer) who was happy about this, lease of all Cassie and Kate who hated each other. "

This was an EXCELLENT turn of events!!! Firstly, Roman and Kate were a wonderful couple, finally someone, a real man for Kate, and a feisty vixen for Roman! Neither character had ever been more interesting and likeable than then. It was beautiful that they would have children together. And I loved Rex and Cassie, feisty and independent, just like their parents.

Besides it was total WTFuckery that they could have been Tony's and Marlena's, that' just disgusting firstly, also Marlena did NOT need any more children, also Mar was always Stefano's Queen in the Night, NOT Tony's EVER. And trying to make it so doesn't change any facts. Plus it's disgusting because Stefano had her first.

This is totally silly and something I for one will never believe, for people to say that they didn't like that storyline because it was great and the best storyline there was during that time!!! Where the writers ACTUALLY went wrong was to kill Cassie off so soon because she was a great character and I wanted her relationship with bitch-mother Kate explored. I mean just think about it Kate NEVER had a good old BITCH daughter to compete with her, Billie was always just whiny and milque-toast plus she always got along with her mother and that was not a story in itself, is it LOL. However with Cassie she could have had SUCH a great rivalry! Because they wouldn't have stood each other for one minute, just think about it, all the men and the business they could have fought over. This is all also why this Jordan (BORING) character should have been Cassie all along!
I didn't care that they weren't Marlena's, but lol at Tony/Marlena being a bigger WTFery story than Roman/Kate who didn't even know each other when they were conceived and still had Marlena carry them. It was a horrible rewrite. But I agree that it was even worse that they didn't actually play on it. It ended up being a completely pointless rewrite because she died immediately afterwards, then Roman was gone too, and then none of it ever mattered again. I wanted to see more between Kate and Cassie when Cassie came back alive, but we got half an episode and no scenes with the two of them.

That all being said, I originally had it as only Cassie and Kate not being happy about it anyway, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Yoryla
This is totally silly and something I for one will never believe, for people to say that they didn't like that storyline because it was great and the best storyline there was during that time!!!
Believe it or not (!!!) I didn't really think that storyline was much to write home about. C'est la vie. I also don't give a shit about Rex or Cassie to this day.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

DesignatedShelley
Oct 31 2013, 10:27 PM
Yoryla
This is totally silly and something I for one will never believe, for people to say that they didn't like that storyline because it was great and the best storyline there was during that time!!!
Believe it or not (!!!) I didn't really think that storyline was much to write home about. C'est la vie. I also don't give a shit about Rex or Cassie to this day.
Couldn't agree more. I do think some of the scenes were extremely well written and produced, and the shock value was certainly there, but the overall benefit to the long-term health of the show was nil. I still cringe at the ridiculous references like Maggie and Mickey living at "1313 Mockingbird Lane" or visuals like Marlena's flying casket. Sigh... I know some people like to canonize JER now that he's dead, but I think he did far more harm to the show during his second go-round than he did benefit the first. Because of him, death will never again be taken seriously on this show.

lysie
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Nov 1 2013, 11:08 AM
DesignatedShelley
Oct 31 2013, 10:27 PM
Yoryla
Couldn't agree more. I do think some of the scenes were extremely well written and produced, and the shock value was certainly there, but the overall benefit to the long-term health of the show was nil. I still cringe at the ridiculous references like Maggie and Mickey living at "1313 Mockingbird Lane" or visuals like Marlena's flying casket. Sigh... I know some people like to canonize JER now that he's dead, but I think he did far more harm to the show during his second go-round than he did benefit the first. Because of him, death will never again be taken seriously on this show.
I'd really like to know what the original plan for that story was. I think the actual SSK story was good. It wasn't until they started "fixing" it that everything went off the rails, IMO.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

PALMommy
Oct 31 2013, 01:57 PM
Mitchapalooza
Oct 29 2013, 02:36 PM
Kate being hung in the Brady Pub...that was pretty creepy at the time...Renee dying on her bedroom floor while a party goes on down stairs...again CREEPY!

I also would nominate when Ali tried to kill herself in that bathtub, slit her wrists and then wrote "M I K E" in her blood on the tub wall...that was horrific!
Nurse Ali scared me to death w/ that suicide attempt!

Those scenes were pretty hard to watch....I actually felt sorry for Ali...I know she was a psycho, but I really felt for her.

I really liked that character though...its too bad she did not stick around.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 31 2013, 10:19 PM
Yoryla

I didn't care that they weren't Marlena's, but lol at Tony/Marlena being a bigger WTFery story than Roman/Kate who didn't even know each other when they were conceived and still had Marlena carry them. It was a horrible rewrite. But I agree that it was even worse that they didn't actually play on it. It ended up being a completely pointless rewrite because she died immediately afterwards, then Roman was gone too, and then none of it ever mattered again. I wanted to see more between Kate and Cassie when Cassie came back alive, but we got half an episode and no scenes with the two of them.

That all being said, I originally had it as only Cassie and Kate not being happy about it anyway, lol.
LOL! Yeah I wasn't attacking the way it was worded by you, just the general opinion on Rex & Cassie whom I adored as Kate & Roman's children. But yeah then again I'm always representing the unpopular opinion it seems, lol.

Keith
Member Avatar

The explanation of Tony/Marlena as their parents made more sense than Kate/Roman. Plus, I liked it since we never got Tony as a father aside from his surrogacy to Carrie. Roman, Marlena, and Kate had already had kids and all kinds of dynamic relationships therein. Cassie/Kate was essentially Billie/Kate-lite, and we got it again with Chelsea.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Keith
Nov 1 2013, 03:26 PM
The explanation of Tony/Marlena as their parents made more sense than Kate/Roman. Plus, I liked it since we never got Tony as a father aside from his surrogacy to Carrie. Roman, Marlena, and Kate had already had kids and all kinds of dynamic relationships therein. Cassie/Kate was essentially Billie/Kate-lite, and we got it again with Chelsea.
I agree. I liked Kate and Roman as a couple but making them parents to Cassie and Rex was just stupid. Didn't really care about Marlena being their mother but I loved Tony being their father.

naptown
Member Avatar

It's funny, I too barely remember any of the 2007 scenes, and I remember thinking that the Kiriakis/Dimera vendetta storyline was some of the best written material at the time.

naptown
Member Avatar

I think we are supposed to forget about the Gemini Twins, just like we are supposed to forget about Santeen, which is sad because I too really liked Rex and Cassie. I think they definitely underused Cassie, especially after they paired Rex with Mimi. They went off on their Shawn/Belle/Philip/Rex/Mimi love pentagon while poor Cassie was locked up in Princess Gina's castle for months with Jack. When they were finally rescued, Cassie disappeared again with barely a mention.

They're essentially doing the same thing with Shelle. It would be nice to have either Sami or Brady talk about wanting their sister at their weddings. Or have Marlena and Hope grab a cup of coffee and look at pictures of their granddaughter Claire. But you mention Shelle, then you also have to address MIA Bo and Lord knows you can't do that, otherwise that would give Hope something else to do other than propping Dannifer or being Salem's token cop.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

naptown
Nov 2 2013, 12:17 AM
It's funny, I too barely remember any of the 2007 scenes, and I remember thinking that the Kiriakis/Dimera vendetta storyline was some of the best written material at the time.
I think the Kiriakis/DiMera story was a little later -- late 2008? I know Philip wasn't shot until 2009.

naptown
Member Avatar

Hmmm, maybe 2007 was when I took a hiatus from Days. I remember Benji but don't remember that scene with Kate in the pub at all.

tylerbo20

They should have all stayed dead but Marlena and alice

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply