Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nielsen adds Web viewers to its TV ratings
Topic Started: Oct 28 2013, 09:13 PM (884 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/tech/web/nielsen-tv-ratings-online/index.html?hpt=te_t1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

taylore
Member Avatar

It's about time.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Took long enough.

lysie
Member Avatar

It'll be interesting to see how this affects things!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

I'm most interested in knowing how this will affect soaps.
I keep hearing that DAYS brings the most traffic to the NBC website.

blueskies
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Nov 2 2013, 12:35 PM
I'm most interested in knowing how this will affect soaps.
I keep hearing that DAYS brings the most traffic to the NBC website.
i've been debating about that...i'm not sure it will affect Days ratings b/c I don't think they air the same commercials online as they do in the show.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

It's about time they started exploring this.

Marlene

I tend to watch Days on line (next day) more often than my DVR and rarely live. The commercials are definitely not the same. So, it doesn't seem my viewing would count, even if I was part of the Nielson "family".

The one thing about on-line viewing, versus DVR, is there's no way to fast forward through the commercials. And, each commercial break tends to show the exact same ads. It's really boring. Worse yet, if you want to rewatch a particular act, you have even more ads to sit through.

I understand that this is all about advertising, but I've never watch any show on line that had the same ads as the live show. Am I just watching the wrong shows????

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

I understand that this is all about advertising, but I've never watch any show on line that had the same ads as the live show. Am I just watching the wrong shows????

I haven't seen that either. I also hate watching when I can't get through an advertisement if I want to- there used to be a way to get around it on Hulu, I think, but that was years ago.

I'm really curious how this will work. To my thinking, it's not just the ads during an online viewing that matter, it's all the crap around the player (if you can't go full screen, for some reason).

So, are they just adding the numbers to the viewing numbers? That'd be interesting in trying to figure out year-over-year differences.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply