Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, October 29th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 28 2013, 11:47 PM (10,448 Views)
six
Member Avatar

Good point. Thank goodness she was fortunate enough to get called Alice Horton, lol.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Reese
Oct 31 2013, 01:35 PM
Allie isn't going to get killed mainly because of who her namesake is: Alice Horton. If it weren't for that, she'd have been a goner by now.
I don't any of that has squat to do with them not killing her off. They haven't killed her off because they already killed off one of Sami's brood, they don't want to do the focus on her they always happens before they kill a kid, and they don't want to give BD real material. The death is usually about the parents, not the kids. I doubt they'd kill off another of her kids, but if they did, I think they'd be more likely to do it to an ejami kid to give them more story not involving a triangle. Unless that's what's coming up for BD (and I don't think it is), I think Allie might be the safest. It's easiest to explain her absences and they don't want a story for half her parents.

Personally, I don't want to see them kill another Sami kid. I have no desire to watch AS try to look sad for weeks again. I get that it's frustrating to keep killing of Nicole's unborn babies, but at least she can handle the material.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

I don't think for one second that Days would feel obligated to give BD heavy material just because it would be an important beat in the story.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Reese
Allie isn't going to get killed mainly because of who her namesake is: Alice Horton. If it weren't for that, she'd have been a goner by now.
Yeah but nobody remembers that, and even half probably don't even know it. Won't help or save her in the least.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Grace wasn't Sami's kid. By that logic Sydney would have been Nicole's. It doesn't work that way. You cannot have it both ways.

The same thing was with Bo and Hope, Isaac was their kid, JT was not. They had no rights to anything except one child. The other belonged to someone else.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Yoryla
Oct 31 2013, 06:13 PM
Reese
Yeah but nobody remembers that, and even half probably don't even know it. Won't help or save her in the least.
I think somebody important has remembered it, or GT would have exchanged Allie for a Safe baby years ago.

six
Member Avatar

Recognizing that living with the victim of your kidnapping is not the same as living with a child you believe to be legally yours is not "having it both ways." Bo and Hope had no legal rights to JT, but if he'd died they would have mourned him as their own, just as when Zach died, Abe and Lexie couldn't help slipping and calling him "their" son. We also see Marlena thinking of Brady and Carrie as hers. And they are.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Yes but since Bo and Hope learned a child was taken from them (Zack) they must know what it feels like for JT's parents to learn about the same thing. It doesn't matter one iota who those parents were. That's why they should have understood to give JT back as soon as they got wind of it, which they eventually did though.

But if biology matters so much to Sami, then Grace never really was her baby. There is only one child, she gave birth to one baby, that's it. She can't have both. She has to choose which one is hers. Considering the fact that she already had three previous children at that point she really shouldn't be trying to own any more babies anyway, as some others like Nicole had none.

six
Member Avatar

I'm really not sure what you're getting at, here. Bo and Hope didn't know what it was like to lose a child when JT's biological father made a claim on him. Zach didn't die until years after that. And there's no limit to the number of babies that Sami can love as her own if they are her own through blood or because she raised them. She isn't capped to a certain number of kids just because someone else, with no connection to her at all, doesn't have kids.

lysie
Member Avatar

Grace was Sami's as long as she was alive and when she died Sami believed she was hers. It's not less painful just because she found out later she wasn't hers. If something were to happen to Sydney, I imagine it would hurt Nicole too. It wouldn't be quite the same as losing a child because she hasn't been raising her for the last few years, but it would still be a loss. Grief isn't a competition.

But quite frankly, all of this "can only love the baby you gave birth to" stuff is just not the way things work. It's not how it works when it pertains to Sami and Grace and it's not how it works when it pertains to Nicole and Sydney. There's not a cap on love and you don't just stop loving a child just because you find out their DNA is different. That's often how it works on soaps, and IMO that is absolutely reprehensible. The only time I feel they really handled that well was with JT and Zack. Abe and Lexie mourned Zack, too, and while not often referenced at one point Bo and Hope kept up a relationship with JT. Because love for a child shouldn't just turn off and on.
Edited by lysie, Oct 31 2013, 08:16 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

Maybe the talk about Sami´s kids not being safe means one child just gets hurt but survive it doesn´t mean they have to kill one off.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply