Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Alison Sweeney on Ellen 10/31/13
Topic Started: Oct 30 2013, 11:54 AM (3,320 Views)
LovinXtina
Member Avatar

Christina is much more beautiful but the costume is hilarious though.
Edited by LovinXtina, Oct 31 2013, 08:03 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I think she looks like Jennie Garth...

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

magicsteacher
Oct 31 2013, 07:47 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Oct 31 2013, 03:23 PM
"Kids consume over 7000 calories in one night eating Halloween candy"... talk about total buzzkill guest to have.
Huh? Did I misunderstand what she said? What kid would consume 7000 calories in one night of eating little fun size candy bars, sweet tarts, and skittles? If she isn't letting her kids have ANY candy, that is just way too controlling. There is nothing wrong with a few pieces one night of the year. One of these days, those poor kids are going to break free and gorge themselves with all kinds of junk food.
Her husband probably hides junk food under the floorboards, and he and the kids have a party when she's off promoting her 23894762389572th project.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Awesome costume. :lol:
At first, I was a little -_- at the switch witch stuff. Come on, AS. Let your kids have some candy! Then, I thought about it.

Nerf gun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> candy.

Best. Toy. Ever. Nerf guns never go out of style. Every guy I knew in college had at least one. So in the end, her kids are truly winning.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I think they should be allowed some candy,but I wouldn't been opposed to a toy as a kid,that at least you can use year around.

lysie
Member Avatar

I'm not watching the video but does she give them the option of trading in the candy for a toy?

Ophelia
Member Avatar

She does, but she manipulates them into eating none-to-little of it by asking them what they hope to get and saying things like "well, I hope you have enough candy to trade for that."

lysie
Member Avatar

Ophelia
Oct 31 2013, 10:52 PM
She does, but she manipulates them into eating none-to-little of it by asking them what they hope to get and saying things like "well, I hope you have enough candy to trade for that."
Yeah, I don't have a problem with that at all. Though ultimately, I think she's wasting her time. In my experience, kids seem to forget about the candy pretty quickly anyway. It's exciting the night of but not as much afterwards.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Oh wait, that wasn't her body lol. I THOUGHT that looked majorly weird! LMAO
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Her costume was funny and her being scared was funny, but if Ellen wasn't the hist I don't think I could tolerate AS. She is so freaking hyper and it super annoying. I do love how Ellen seems to like to make AS do stuff where she looks foolish, like that time she shoved AS into the giant Jenga game.

I think they promote BL more because that's the nature of the entertainment biz -- soaps just aren't thought of seriously. At all. I keep wishing some producer out there will grab up Sweeney for some prime time show and she leaves Days.
Edited by Rosebud, Nov 1 2013, 11:42 AM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Snowing Fan
Oct 31 2013, 11:41 AM
Between her costume and Ellen's there is a lot of cleavage going around on this episode,lol.
There is always cleavage when AS is anywhere.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Oct 31 2013, 02:38 PM
And WTF at her letting her kids trick or treat, but then taking away all their candy. She invented the "Switch Witch" - so she bribes her kids into giving away all of their Halloween candy and then buys them a toy for it. :eyeroll: :facepalm:

Like OMG yes, you're Princess Fitness and Health... but they're kids... can't you let them live a little for one time of the year?
To be fair she explained that they do eat some of their candy and it's their choice if they want to trade it in.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Oct 31 2013, 04:29 PM
Angie79
Oct 31 2013, 03:29 PM

She seems super controlling as a mom. Choosing her kids' costume, taking their candy away... :facepalm:
Yea, I think making your kids dress up like you want and not letting them choose is pretty strange and harsh. That said, their costumes were hilarious.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 31 2013, 04:43 PM
Never allowing my kids to have candy isn't a choice I would make - but her thought on this is far less offensive to me than this: Woman Hands Out Obesity Letters to Trick or Treaters

At least she's making the choice for her own children rather than random neighborhood kids.
That lady needs to get help. She's harming children. Good lord you freak, just shut your door on Halloween and go to bed.

Serenity 808

Alison seems like a nice person, but she's pretty strict with her kids. A little bit of candy isn't going to hurt anything. Granted, they can eat a little and trade it in for a toy, but I don't think that's a choice a young kid should have to make. Besides, Christmas is less than two months away, so I'd eat all the candy I got and wait for the toy at Christmas.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Ali seems like a helicopter mom to me..hovering over her kids and controlling everything they do. That may work now, but once they get to that middle school age, that becomes real difficult to keep up. You simply can't control what they do all the time when they are 13 or 14.

restless daze
Member Avatar
Now don't come whoopin' my ass at the grocery store cause I picked on your fav on here!

Ellen: How nice that your are dressing your kids up as drug dealers for Halloween. LOL

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 31 2013, 04:43 PM
Never allowing my kids to have candy isn't a choice I would make - but her thought on this is far less offensive to me than this: Woman Hands Out Obesity Letters to Trick or Treaters

At least she's making the choice for her own children rather than random neighborhood kids.
That letter has apparently turned out to be a hoax.

Ernesto
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Oct 31 2013, 07:47 AM
Oh by all means Ms Sweeney, PLEASE feel free to leave DAYS at any time (soon) you'd like.

That would be the BEST!!!
Edited by Ernesto, Nov 6 2013, 05:21 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply