Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mark Collier joining cast in December
Topic Started: Oct 30 2013, 12:24 PM (11,302 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

An extra peek at Mark's new role:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I always love to have some more sexy flavour in Salem. Love this news.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

NocturnalBlondie
Oct 30 2013, 12:52 PM
I mean, I know nothing (most likely) about the CBS actors joining DAYS, but part of me is annoyed. Didn't Corday say that "the Salem Inn was full" in response to the fan discontent about missing their favorite vets? Clearly that's a load of shit - they have both the $ and space according to these casting decisions... they just don't give a shit. Fricken typical.
There's always room for Mark Collier!!! :D

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Mark didn't have the same spark with Maura as Shawn did, but I really enjoyed him with both Jennifer Ferrin & Teri Conn/Columbino. He's never been what you would call a "powerhouse" actor, but I felt he always brought a sincerity to the role that was endearing while remaining strong & masculine yet sympathetic without being a doormat as so many "nice guy" male leads can sometimes come across.

peaches179

KAM
Oct 30 2013, 01:10 PM
peaches179
Oct 30 2013, 12:56 PM
I remember him in scenes with Maura West on ATWT. Those scenes were painful to watch!
Yes, that's why I didn't like him much as the Kasnoff recast. Maura West was super hot with Shawn Christian back in the day when they both first came on ATWT. Collier didn't work with West at all. Plus I hated that he was messing up a Carjack wedding. But it was fairly short lived...and in Collier's defense he was good with Terri Conn as Katie.

I agree, Shawn Christian and Maura West burned up the TV screen in their scenes together. His acting wasn't that must better on ATWT, but he brought the heat with Maura.

I also agree about Carjack. I loved them!
Edited by peaches179, Oct 30 2013, 01:33 PM.

peaches179

Matt
Oct 30 2013, 01:22 PM
Mark didn't have the same spark with Maura as Shawn did, but I really enjoyed him with both Jennifer Ferrin & Teri Conn/Columbino. He's never been what you would call a "powerhouse" actor, but I felt he always brought a sincerity to the role that was endearing while remaining strong & masculine yet sympathetic without being a doormat as so many "nice guy" male leads can sometimes come across.

Like Brady on DAYS. LOL.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Jason, with Deidrick now gone and Collier announced, do you have any idea when Nathan Owens' last airdate will be?

naptown
Member Avatar

I have to admit, I had a HUGE crush on Shawn Christian back when he was on ATWT. I thought Collier did pretty well as Mike. I'm just praying that Days does not make me cringe when Collier is onscreen like SC does now.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Oct 30 2013, 01:15 PM
lysie
Oct 30 2013, 01:13 PM
NocturnalBlondie
I mean, I know nothing (most likely) about the CBS actors joining DAYS, but part of me is annoyed. Didn't Corday say that "the Salem Inn was full" in response to the fan discontent about missing their favorite vets? Clearly that's a load of shit - they have both the $ and space according to these casting decisions... they just don't give a shit. Fricken typical.
Dude's a liar; however, this is out of context. He said that months ago before several actors left.
I could've sworn it was something he said in a recent interview.
It was in his post Emmy win interview in SOD: came out in early August.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 30 2013, 12:49 PM
I still remember that famous shower scene he did with Teri Conn where he had his naked ass pressed up against the shower glass. :wub:
That scene is perhaps the hottest and sexiest scene I have ever watched on a soap - even more so than some of the sauna/spa scenes on OLTL a few years back.

It seems like his version of Mike was always outside, shirtless and fixing things or doing other manual labor type of stuff. He may not be a great actor but with a face and body like his, it doesn't matter. He immediately increases the level of male hotness on this show, probably to the point where EM will be able to keep his shirt on more often as MC can now shed his.

Whomever is paired with him is one lucky gal (or guy).
Edited by LonePirate, Oct 30 2013, 01:34 PM.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Oh, great. He was actually my favorite Mike.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

He is hot but not a very good actor. Its another Rafe acquisition.

Sable Colby
Member Avatar

I always enjoyed him on ATWT...especially when Mike modeled for the worst-named fashion line in all of soaps:

Posted Image

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Matt
Oct 30 2013, 01:22 PM
^^^THIS!!! So much word!!

laertes1958
Member Avatar

My favorite scenes was when Mike, Nikki, Henry, Jennifer were playing strip poker! It was a laugh riot. I hope all are well. Take care!

Part 1

Part 2

Edited by laertes1958, Oct 31 2013, 02:04 PM.

Days22

Jason47
Oct 30 2013, 12:42 PM

I will leave you with this new tease though to ponder for the next few months (sorry. too early to give any more clues than this)...there is another CBS soap actor/actress coming to "Days."
Can you give us a hint if the actress can actually act? :P

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

gailwinters
Oct 30 2013, 01:32 PM
NocturnalBlondie
lysie
NocturnalBlondie
Dude's a liar; however, this is out of context. He said that months ago before several actors left.
Okay, so if he was interviewed in August he would have known about most (if not all) of the cast departures. Even those that weren't confirmed, since the actors had pretty much openly talked about wanting to do other things in interviews prior to August.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Oct 30 2013, 01:30 PM
Jason, with Deidrick now gone and Collier announced, do you have any idea when Nathan Owens' last airdate will be?
Sometime in the next few weeks.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Oct 30 2013, 02:26 PM
gailwinters
Oct 30 2013, 01:32 PM
NocturnalBlondie
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Okay, so if he was interviewed in August he would have known about most (if not all) of the cast departures. Even those that weren't confirmed, since the actors had pretty much openly talked about wanting to do other things in interviews prior to August.
He discussed all the departures except for Nathan Owens.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Great pickup for DAYS...I really liked MC on ATWT!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply