Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mark Collier joining cast in December
Topic Started: Oct 30 2013, 12:24 PM (11,151 Views)
Yoryla
Member Avatar

Boring!!!

Have no idea who this is.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like this casting addition. I'm looking forward to seeing what Liam is about.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Is this a contract role?

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

gailwinters
Oct 30 2013, 02:35 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Oct 30 2013, 02:26 PM
gailwinters
Oct 30 2013, 01:32 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Oct 30 2013, 01:15 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It was in his post Emmy win interview in SOD: came out in early August.
Okay, so if he was interviewed in August he would have known about most (if not all) of the cast departures. Even those that weren't confirmed, since the actors had pretty much openly talked about wanting to do other things in interviews prior to August.
He discussed all the departures except for Nathan Owens.
Thanks! I thought so!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Oh God, nocturnal your avi is HYSTERICAL! HAHA

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

LuvingLumi
Oct 30 2013, 12:47 PM
I really hope he's for Hope....
i do too, but at the same time, i'm wondering if maybe a guy named "Liam" isn't exactly the right guy for our Hope. lol. ;)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

one of the blurbs I read about his joining Days said something about a storyline at the hospital. I think Liam's supposed to be a doctor or something. (or maybe they're just making things up.)

jam6242
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Oct 30 2013, 05:20 PM
one of the blurbs I read about his joining Days said something about a storyline at the hospital. I think Liam's supposed to be a doctor or something. (or maybe they're just making things up.)
The casting call said he has a young son. Kid probably gets sick and Daniel has to save him. :P

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

He looks like Elijah from the Vampire Diaries in this pic. Posted Image

BradyB

Anybody know where to find the fAmous scene with Terri conn?

BradyB

Jason can you give a clue whist soap or narrow down to two soaps?

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I watched ATWT few years before it ended, so I didn't watch him on there.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

He will make a nice addition to the cast. Days has a way of casting actors against the grain though. Example: I liked Shawn Christian as the original Mike on ATWT, but on Days he makes me cringe. Lets hope they do a good job, and they have made the right choice for the role they have casted.

Other than that, I like Mike Collier!
Edited by Daysfanatic79, Oct 30 2013, 08:54 PM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

I think he has a really strong resemblance to Greg Vaughan.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Posted Image . Posted Image . Posted Image

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

One more thing to add, I am really glad they are going to the Procter and Gamble soaps to garner actors, because MOST of them are pros and can act rings against actors on some other soaps. I do not know why that seems to be the case, but I watched "Guiding Light" and "As The World Turns", and both shows had some powerhouse actors. Shawn Christian and Mark Collier do not fit that bill though. Robert Newman, Kim Zimmer, Eileen Fulton, Scott Bryce, Grant Alexander, etc.....They, in my opinion, are "powerhouse' P&G actors.

However, "Days" has some powerhouse actors of their own, and I see no indication that they will be used in any other role than supporting actors who are wooden and stale. It's like "Days" has everything upside down! How in the hell can you justify having Deidre Hall play supporting actress to Alison Sweeney? How can you have Kristian Alfonso running around town cleaning up other character's problems while having no story line? I could go on and on about Mary Beth Evans and James Reynolds, but you get the point.

Welcome Mark Collier! I have always enjoyed you on ATWT, and you made the role of Mike your own! By the time you finally settled in and had the right love interest, it left me thinking; Shawn who? That said, we have a lot of vets that can out act Mark, and it's a shame they get no time. I am glad to have Mark, just please back burner Shawn Christian, Missy Reeves, Ali Sweeney, and as much as I like him, James Scott. I like James a lot, and he is a very good actor stuck with a sub par actress. Give him a break and retool the character into what he is meant to be. Just my two cents.....again.

world50

OMG.....it's Mark Colliier who is Liam!I loved him as Mike Kasnoff on ATWT.He took over the roll after Shawn Christian left.This guy is such a cutie pie.....and a good actor to boot.I'm looking forward to seeing him again. :wub2:

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Oct 30 2013, 09:09 PM
OMG Please do not waste him on Jennifer!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Oct 30 2013, 10:07 PM
Supergirlx2
Oct 30 2013, 09:09 PM
OMG Please do not waste him on Jennifer!
i just picked Kristian, Missy, & Ari since Hope, Jen, or Nicole would most likely be the ones that Liam would be paired with. If anyone has any other options for Liam, I'd be glad to make a side-by-side for them as well.

world50

gailwinters
Oct 30 2013, 08:59 PM
I think he has a really strong resemblance to Greg Vaughan.
I was going to say that ..........except he has brown eyes. ;) I think he would be too short for Nicole.......so lets see who they pair him with.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply