Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mark Collier joining cast in December
Topic Started: Oct 30 2013, 12:24 PM (10,442 Views)
KAM

Cherianne
Oct 31 2013, 03:07 PM
Ken Corday said they wouldn't kill Bo off. They didn't say they wouldn't recast him.

I vote for him being a recast Bo.
Oh I so hope not. Yeah, I guess there's a sad pun there. :(

I don't mind Mark Collier coming on to Days -- or being with Hope -- but I do not want to see him as the nuBo. MC may look the part, but he is not a strong enough actor to take on the challenge of the recast of a Days icon. RIP Bo unless there's a Reckell resurrection.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Also, Mark Collier would be a SERIOUS de-SORASing of Bo. Yes, I know that Peter Reckell was playing slightly younger as Bo, but that's a 15 year age difference. IMO, if they were going to recast Bo (and it's not like it hasn't been done before), I would personally prefer someone who at least *looked* to be in their 50s (GOOD 50s, but 50s nonetheless). AFAIC, it would be almost as bad as when it looked like they were trying to de-SORAS Bill Horton by about 20 years with John Martin.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Matt
Oct 31 2013, 03:33 PM
Also, Mark Collier would be a SERIOUS de-SORASing of Bo. Yes, I know that Peter Reckell was playing slightly younger as Bo, but that's a 15 year age difference. IMO, if they were going to recast Bo (and it's not like it hasn't been done before), I would personally prefer someone who at least *looked* to be in their 50s (GOOD 50s, but 50s nonetheless). AFAIC, it would be almost as bad as when it looked like they were trying to de-SORAS Bill Horton by about 20 years with John Martin.
i totally agree! not to mention that Bo is supposed to be about 5 years older than Hope, if not more (all depends on which part of history you're looking at for age differences). MC, if I remember, is slightly younger than Kristian, but the pairing would work because Kristian doesn't look anywhere close to her age. And he's not that much younger that it would almost be as if Hope were dating someone her son's age. lol.

Cherianne

I wasn't saying I thought it was a GOOD idea, just that I'm willing to bet that is what they are going to do.

Personally, I think they should give PR whatever he wants to come back. Along with Matt Ashford. And unless they are going to deep six Dannifer and figure out something else to do with SC, he should be the murder victim so they'd be saving his salary along with CD's and NO's and down the road CB's, so think of all that money they could throw at PR and MA? Although I know it isn't a money issue, it is a "we are too stupid to think up good storylines for veterans" issue. Pity.

dooldooldool

Reese
Oct 31 2013, 02:11 PM
I do think Liam is for Hope......
Liam is for Sonny. Just wait......

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Oct 31 2013, 08:54 PM
Reese
Oct 31 2013, 02:11 PM
I do think Liam is for Hope......
Liam is for Sonny. Just wait......
Why would Liam be for Sonny. As far as we know, WilSon are still together.

outrageous
Member Avatar

He's gogeous, nice pick. I really hope they don't put him with anyone before we know something about his backround.

I like Hope on her own for now until they figure out what they'll do with Bo. There's nothing wrong with a strong, independent, single woman working and raising a child on her own since there are many viewers who can relate. Sami and Nicole don't need yet another man, and Jennifer... well, I don't care for her at all since Jack is gone.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

outrageous
Nov 1 2013, 12:22 AM
I like Hope on her own for now until they figure out what they'll do with Bo. There's nothing wrong with a strong, independent, single woman working and raising a child on her own since there are many viewers who can relate.
I think that that's what Hope's story will be about, at least in part. At least that's how I've interpreted Kristian's tiny tidbits.
That said, it would be interesting to have a guy that Hope's attracted to (who is also attracted to her) in the mix. Does Hope give in to her feelings? Does she stay single? What does Ciara think of a potential new man in her mom's life? (we know Ciara wasn't too fond of Carly, but the situation was completely different since Hope & Ciara had barely moved into Victor's before Carly was sleeping in the Bope house.)

outrageous
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Nov 1 2013, 12:39 AM
outrageous
I like Hope on her own for now until they figure out what they'll do with Bo. There's nothing wrong with a strong, independent, single woman working and raising a child on her own since there are many viewers who can relate.
I think that that's what Hope's story will be about, at least in part. At least that's how I've interpreted Kristian's tiny tidbits.
That said, it would be interesting to have a guy that Hope's attracted to (who is also attracted to her) in the mix. Does Hope give in to her feelings? Does she stay single? What does Ciara think of a potential new man in her mom's life? (we know Ciara wasn't too fond of Carly, but the situation was completely different since Hope & Ciara had barely moved into Victor's before Carly was sleeping in the Bope house.)
If that happens, I hope the do it right. If Chiara didn't like Daddy with another woman, she would raise hell if Mommy got involved with someone. Realistically, in more cases than not that would happen. They've got the right little actress for that scenario, that's for sure.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

outrageous
Nov 1 2013, 12:49 AM
Supergirlx2
Nov 1 2013, 12:39 AM
outrageous
If that happens, I hope the do it right. If Chiara didn't like Daddy with another woman, she would raise hell if Mommy got involved with someone. Realistically, in more cases than not that would happen. They've got the right little actress for that scenario, that's for sure.
she didn't like that Carly had moved into her house & was probably under the impression that she was the reason mommy & daddy weren't together. with Bo having been gone for a year now, I think Ciara's reaction to Hope being involved with another man would be different. She probably still won't be happy, but she won't take a pair of scissors to his clothes.

james0479
Member Avatar

peaches179
Oct 30 2013, 01:07 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Oct 30 2013, 01:02 PM
On the plus side, there's still hope for this... :drunk:

OMG!!! LOL!
Holy Christ on a cross....he may be worse than Charity Rahmer's arms. Wtf was he smoking?!?! This AIRED?!?! Lmao

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Cherianne
Ken Corday said they wouldn't kill Bo off. They didn't say they wouldn't recast him.

He's about Bryan Dattilo's age... too weird.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

lysie
Oct 31 2013, 09:31 AM
NocturnalBlondie
Oct 30 2013, 02:26 PM
gailwinters
Oct 30 2013, 01:32 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Oct 30 2013, 01:15 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It was in his post Emmy win interview in SOD: came out in early August.
Okay, so if he was interviewed in August he would have known about most (if not all) of the cast departures. Even those that weren't confirmed, since the actors had pretty much openly talked about wanting to do other things in interviews prior to August.
IMO, it was obvious that he was talking about at that time.
Huh?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

six
Oct 31 2013, 11:53 AM
If he's connected to Jordan, I hope they do more to develop her character before making her another character's only tie to the canvas.
I was just saying this same thing in another thread. TomSell really needs to integrate Jordan into the overall canvas and do it soon if they want her to be a standalone character. I mean, look at Rafe. He's rudderless now that Safe isn't together because he spent so many years only in her storyline. And as of right now, we're only seeing Jordan with Rafe and Kate - same mistake again. When they bring on new characters as a love interest, they really need to find a way to integrate them into the overall canvas. I'm happy if Liam is intended for Hope, but they have to make him an essential part of Salem if they want him to be an effective character. Same goes for Jordan.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Nov 1 2013, 09:18 AM
six
If he's connected to Jordan, I hope they do more to develop her character before making her another character's only tie to the canvas.
I was just saying this same thing in another thread. TomSell really needs to integrate Jordan into the overall canvas and do it soon if they want her to be a standalone character. I mean, look at Rafe. He's rudderless now that Safe isn't together because he spent so many years only in her storyline. And as of right now, we're only seeing Jordan with Rafe and Kate - same mistake again. When they bring on new characters as a love interest, they really need to find a way to integrate them into the overall canvas. I'm happy if Liam is intended for Hope, but they have to make him an essential part of Salem if they want him to be an effective character. Same goes for Jordan.
I don't get this 'Rafe is rudderless' comment. The guy has an interesting story going on. And it takes awhile to work a character on canvas. Time has to be given to establish relationships and before they can just bop all around town being confidants with everyone. I also don't want them tied to a family as Daniel was with the convoluted egg baby story just to make them 'an essential part of Salem'.

I get excited over the potential from new characters. Rather than have him immediately integrated with a wide group of people I'd like to get to know the guy on a more intimate level with a few characters. But I do want to see his story develop. Jordan has been on screen 3 months and most of those have been extremely short one day a week moments. If they want to incorporate these characters on the canvas invest in their story so we can then invest in the character.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

NocturnalBlondie
Nov 1 2013, 08:42 AM
Cherianne

He's about Bryan Dattilo's age... too weird.
He's just a year older than BD, GG and EM I believe....and a few years younger than SC....I do think that he'll fit better in a Hope story...but I wouldn't discount the show getting rid of one or two of Sami's men and throwing this guy her way...seriously...I don't put nothing past this show.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Romancer66

Don't know the actor and can't work up much enthusiasm so far. Mainly because I'd rather see veterans than newbies, and I'm not impressed by TomSell's favored type of leading man. Namely, a muscle-bound mediocrity with little intelligence and a judgey, self-righteous streak a mile wide. Between Rafe, Daniel, Brady, and even Eric, I'd say those bases were already covered.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Nov 1 2013, 09:50 AM
tomsawyer
six
I don't get this 'Rafe is rudderless' comment. The guy has an interesting story going on. And it takes awhile to work a character on canvas. Time has to be given to establish relationships and before they can just bop all around town being confidants with everyone. I also don't want them tied to a family as Daniel was with the convoluted egg baby story just to make them 'an essential part of Salem'.
The Rafe is rudderless comment has to do with the fact that he's scarcely been on screen for the past 6 months. That alone tells me that they don't seem to know what to do with him. Even once they decided to bring him out of coma, he's still been backburnered (I'm not complaining, just noticing, LOL). And I think the fact that Rafe basically spent 4+ years in just Sami-driven stories created this issue. Madison had the same exact issue in regards to Brady. And they now seem to be recreating the same issue with Jordan. It's definitely a pattern in terms of how Days introduces new characters, specifically those that don't have familial ties into Salem. That's why Matt's comment above about Liam is spot on. They need to bring him into a story that features lots of characters, not just as a love interest, if they want to make him an essential character.

camera shy

I'm familiar with MC and I find him very SC like. I wish it was someone else.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Nov 1 2013, 10:24 AM
Hamilton
Nov 1 2013, 09:50 AM
tomsawyer
six
The Rafe is rudderless comment has to do with the fact that he's scarcely been on screen for the past 6 months. That alone tells me that they don't seem to know what to do with him. Even once they decided to bring him out of coma, he's still been backburnered (I'm not complaining, just noticing, LOL). And I think the fact that Rafe basically spent 4+ years in just Sami-driven stories created this issue. Madison had the same exact issue in regards to Brady. And they now seem to be recreating the same issue with Jordan. It's definitely a pattern in terms of how Days introduces new characters, specifically those that don't have familial ties into Salem. That's why Matt's comment above about Liam is spot on. They need to bring him into a story that features lots of characters, not just as a love interest, if they want to make him an essential character.
My comment too was that it would be cool if Liam somehow plays into Jordan's past and pulls Hope and Rafe into the mix. Complicated complex stories are always a win for viewers. No objections there at all.

The fact Rafe hasn't been on as frequently could very well be intentional and not just a 'we don't know what to do with him' approach. Rafe had to be sexually involved with Kate to spur on Stefano and then they had to set up the coma in order to have the big trial for Sami to draw viewers in and it hinged on Rafe being unconscious. His lack of airtime was directly linked to this big story playing out. Chrishell was hired in late February which means they've had this PT route planned out from the get go. I think the limited start to the Rafe/Jordan story is nothing more than the sudden need to wrap stories for the exiting actors and the fact that they want to do an old school slow build for the characters. I don't think Rafe spending time in story with Sami has created any issue here.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply