Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mark Collier joining cast in December
Topic Started: Oct 30 2013, 12:24 PM (11,317 Views)
Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Keith
Nov 2 2013, 11:27 PM
I'm calling Liam as Daniel's brother.
I'd rather he be tied to Jordan or anybody other than Dan. I so hope you're wrong.
Edited by Reese, Nov 2 2013, 11:50 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

Oh, I hope not.

I do hope he's for Hope, though. It's time for the show to explain what's going on with Bo. And then I want them to get Kayla a new fella who's interested in her.

Keith
Member Avatar

Reese
Nov 2 2013, 11:32 PM
Keith
I'd rather he be tied to Jordan or anybody other than Dan. I so hope you're wrong.
Considering Dan's recognition of the last name, I don't think tying Liam to Dan means he can't also have ties to Jordan. I would really love to see something complex like others have described. And even if Liam is revealed to be Dan's brother, that doesn't mean much. They seemed to have enjoyed giving Dan a male foil and I doubt JJ will be that for much longer. He'll soon be outside of Dan's direct orbit, story-wise I'm sure. Enter Liam, the anti-Dan.

I, too, hope he is for Hope in the end. I'm only guessing based on his sharing scenes with Dan and Jen in some of the Christmas breakdowns.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Keith
Nov 2 2013, 11:56 PM
Reese
Nov 2 2013, 11:32 PM
Keith
Considering Dan's recognition of the last name, I don't think tying Liam to Dan means he can't also have ties to Jordan. I would really love to see something complex like others have described. And even if Liam is revealed to be Dan's brother, that doesn't mean much. They seemed to have enjoyed giving Dan a male foil and I doubt JJ will be that for much longer. He'll soon be outside of Dan's direct orbit, story-wise I'm sure. Enter Liam, the anti-Dan.

I, too, hope he is for Hope in the end. I'm only guessing based on his sharing scenes with Dan and Jen in some of the Christmas breakdowns.
The Jonas Brothers. Now appearing in Salem. :laugh: Now that I got that out of my head, I'm still hoping for something really good story wise too.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Well, I personally hope that he's a villain not related to the Dimeras who comes to Salem to raise havoc.

I really hope he's not for anyone to be romantically involved with right now. Rafe could have been a great character if his character was properly built before any romantic involvement. There was some attempt in the beginning when the nuns lay some groundwork about his past. He wasn't a saint in his earlier years. He had somewhat of a rough past, but a good heart. He was in love and about to get married and his girlfriend died in a car accident that could have been partly his fault. All of that was dropped. So much potential, all scrapped by involving him with Sami and hating all the Dimeras because Sami did, and then by obsession. Lack of character development and inconsistencies due to so many writer changes killed this character IMO.

Hopefully they have some plans for Liam's character that will captivate us, and not repeat the same mistake again.

camera shy

I think if he was for Hope then we wouldn't have him spoiled in scenes with Jennifer. I bet he's going to be the man Jennifer gets involved with while separated from Daniel. ANd Jennifer is the only actress in their forties this show is interested in writting for. They don't care about Hope or Kayla.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

camera shy
Nov 3 2013, 05:06 AM
I think if he was for Hope then we wouldn't have him spoiled in scenes with Jennifer. I bet he's going to be the man Jennifer gets involved with while separated from Daniel. ANd Jennifer is the only actress in their forties this show is interested in writting for. They don't care about Hope or Kayla.
Except we know Kristian has been taping a 'story' for the first time in about a year. Time will tell how substantial it is, but by all accounts, its doubtful its more pop-up Hope.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Someone's been a good girl this year. ;-)

I wonder if that little boy who gave Ciara his jacket belongs to Liam.

Kriss4

camera shy
And how wrong is this?

I'll tell you something. I'd be far more interested in a new fella for Hope than I've been in any of Jennifer's relationships since Jack. I'd also love to see Kayla start entering the dating scene. I'm sure she's lonely, and why should she spend the rest of her life alone? Does Kayla deserve that fate?

camera shy

Keith
Nov 3 2013, 05:54 AM
camera shy
Except we know Kristian has been taping a 'story' for the first time in about a year. Time will tell how substantial it is, but by all accounts, its doubtful its more pop-up Hope.
Maybe it'll be Hope dealing with Bo's death or them getting divorced. But if they actually plan on writting for her they should deal with the Bo situation before moving her on to another man. And I bet if she does get a new man he'll be someone working in her field.

camera shy

Kriss4
Nov 3 2013, 08:29 AM
camera shy
And how wrong is this?

I'll tell you something. I'd be far more interested in a new fella for Hope than I've been in any of Jennifer's relationships since Jack. I'd also love to see Kayla start entering the dating scene. I'm sure she's lonely, and why should she spend the rest of her life alone? Does Kayla deserve that fate?
I agree. I'm sick of seeing Jennifer's constipated looking face every day. And everytime Kayla comes on screen I think what a pretty woman she is and would like to see more about her. And they even dropped the little story Hope had with dealing with Ciara acting out over Bo's abscence.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

Kriss4
camera shy
And how wrong is this?

Who the show favors completely puzzles me and makes no sense whatsoever. :eyeroll:

Kriss4

camera shy
Nov 3 2013, 08:38 AM
Kriss4
camera shy
And how wrong is this?

I agree. I'm sick of seeing Jennifer's constipated looking face every day. And everytime Kayla comes on screen I think what a pretty woman she is and would like to see more about her. And they even dropped the little story Hope had with dealing with Ciara acting out over Bo's abscence.
Yeah. I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome Bo or Steve back if the opportunity arose. But if they do come back, should Hope or Kayla just be sitting there waiting? Bo and Steve have been gone a long time. Should it really be so easy for them? Should they get to waltz back in and have it be a foregone conclusion that they'll get Hope or Kayla back?

A lot depends on story, of course. Maybe Bo and Steve have good reasons for being gone so long. Still, I don't think it's at all wrong for Kayla to date. She's divorced, and she's been alone for almost two years. Maybe a blind date would be fun...maybe it would be a nightmare of a first date...comically funny. Think about it. Hope, Jennifer, and Marlena could work together to find the so-called perfect guy for Kayla. Think group project. Mr. Oh, so Wrong. Think of how they'd want to try again.

Think along the lines of book club stuff. All the ladies working together...

Kriss4

MissFancyFace
Nov 3 2013, 08:53 AM
Kriss4
camera shy
And how wrong is this?

Who the show favors completely puzzles me and makes no sense whatsoever. :eyeroll:
I don't hate Jennifer. I used to love her. But she gets ALL the story in that age range. Everything revolves around her. Everyone supports her except JJ. Hope and Kayla's problems are seldom delved into. We see a little bit of the struggle Hope has with Ciara, but that's rare.

Meanwhile, we see every moment of Jennifer's life. At home. At work. Everywhere. And her relationship with Daniel has not been compelling, because of the frequency of their make up/break-up cycle, and I sense no true internal struggle for either of them.
Where's the appeal?

Hope deserves some real exploration. So does Kayla. I know she's recurring, so just show her getting out into the dating scene for awhile. Maybe she's reluctant to try, so SHOW that struggle. That's story, and it's personal. It can be handled on a recurring schedule.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 3 2013, 09:04 AM
camera shy
Nov 3 2013, 08:38 AM
Kriss4
camera shy
And how wrong is this?

Yeah. I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome Bo or Steve back if the opportunity arose. But if they do come back, should Hope or Kayla just be sitting there waiting? Bo and Steve have been gone a long time. Should it really be so easy for them? Should they get to waltz back in and have it be a foregone conclusion that they'll get Hope or Kayla back?

A lot depends on story, of course. Maybe Bo and Steve have good reasons for being gone so long. Still, I don't think it's at all wrong for Kayla to date. She's divorced, and she's been alone for almost two years. Maybe a blind date would be fun...maybe it would be a nightmare of a first date...comically funny. Think about it. Hope, Jennifer, and Marlena could work together to find the so-called perfect guy for Kayla. Think group project. Mr. Oh, so Wrong. Think of how they'd want to try again.

Think along the lines of book club stuff. All the ladies working together...
You lost me at Jennibore. Must we involve her in the Kayla blind date? Much less, the planning of it? I get that it is because Steve and Jack are brothers, but, we know that Horton dingbat will just rain on the parade with another self serving pity party. Stealing Kayla's much deserved spotlight.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 3 2013, 09:23 AM
MissFancyFace
Kriss4
camera shy
And how wrong is this?

I don't hate Jennifer. I used to love her. But she gets ALL the story in that age range. Everything revolves around her. Everyone supports her except JJ. Hope and Kayla's problems are seldom delved into. We see a little bit of the struggle Hope has with Ciara, but that's rare.

Meanwhile, we see every moment of Jennifer's life. At home. At work. Everywhere. And her relationship with Daniel has not been compelling, because of the frequency of their make up/break-up cycle, and I sense no true internal struggle for either of them.
Where's the appeal?

Hope deserves some real exploration. So does Kayla. I know she's recurring, so just show her getting out into the dating scene for awhile. Maybe she's reluctant to try, so SHOW that struggle. That's story, and it's personal. It can be handled on a recurring schedule.
Well, I DO abhor Jennibitch. For the bolded reasons that you've stated above.
Edited by MissFancyFace, Nov 3 2013, 09:36 AM.

Kriss4

I hope not. Not everything has to be about Jennifer. I was annoyed with her yesterday. She put Hope and Kayla in an awkward position, going on about their niece in front of them. Normally, I wouldn't object because Theresa has earned Jennifer's dislike. But the girl just ODed, and Jennifer showed no concern for Hope and Kayla, given that they'd be worried about their niece right now.

Jennifer is often a stranger to me these days.

Kriss4

MissFancyFace
Nov 3 2013, 09:33 AM
Kriss4
MissFancyFace
Kriss4

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Where's the appeal?

That's okay. I get it.

It's annoying that she gets so much of the spotlight, while they get so little.

They've done their time on the back burner. When's it Missy's turn?

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 3 2013, 09:35 AM
I hope not. Not everything has to be about Jennifer. I was annoyed with her yesterday. She put Hope and Kayla in an awkward position, going on about their niece in front of them. Normally, I wouldn't object because Theresa has earned Jennifer's dislike. But the girl just ODed, and Jennifer showed no concern for Hope and Kayla, given that they'd be worried about their niece right now.

Jennifer is often a stranger to me these days.
Jennibitch is a self-centered 3 year old in an adult body. And she has always been that way, IMO. So this comes as no surprise.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

Kriss4
Nov 3 2013, 09:39 AM
MissFancyFace
Nov 3 2013, 09:33 AM
Kriss4
MissFancyFace

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Where's the appeal?

That's okay. I get it.

It's annoying that she gets so much of the spotlight, while they get so little.

They've done their time on the back burner. When's it Missy's turn?
Girlfriend, you are SO right on! :hail:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply