Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mark Collier joining cast in December
Topic Started: Oct 30 2013, 12:24 PM (10,437 Views)
granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

MissFancyFace
Nov 3 2013, 08:53 AM
Kriss4
Nov 3 2013, 08:29 AM
camera shy
Nov 3 2013, 05:06 AM
I think if he was for Hope then we wouldn't have him spoiled in scenes with Jennifer. I bet he's going to be the man Jennifer gets involved with while separated from Daniel. ANd Jennifer is the only actress in their forties this show is interested in writting for. They don't care about Hope or Kayla.
And how wrong is this?

I'll tell you something. I'd be far more interested in a new fella for Hope than I've been in any of Jennifer's relationships since Jack. I'd also love to see Kayla start entering the dating scene. I'm sure she's lonely, and why should she spend the rest of her life alone? Does Kayla deserve that fate?
Who the show favors completely puzzles me and makes no sense whatsoever. :eyeroll:
For me it's not who so much as how many. I'm bored of the same six people doing the same things. Whoever is in focus tends to get so much airtime doing so little of interest, that there isn't much mileage in changing it up, either. New front burner characters get burned through very quickly.
Edited by granolagirl, Nov 3 2013, 08:06 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

I don't really know how "right on" I am, to be honest.

I just know I love Kayla and I'd like to see her reaching out for happiness in her personal life, and I'd like to see Hope in a deeply personal story, too.

I've seen Jennifer almost daily for a very long time. I've watched her in this romance with Daniel. I've seen everything. What else is there? Break-up/make-up #250? Daniel saves the day again and gains more admirers? We've seen that.

We've not seen Hope deal with the loss of her husband. We've not seen Kayla struggle with the idea of moving on. We've never really seen Nicole get the guy.

So. Right? I don't know. I just know I need something else. Something more.

am103
Member Avatar

He's probably for Sami. :rolleyes: I'd be amazed if he was brought on for Hope.

Daysofold

am103
Nov 3 2013, 10:14 PM
It would positively make me sick if he was brought on to be with AS.

I've really been watching since Kristian signed her new contract with Days, and although she did tape for like 12 days straight in the beginning, her air dates have fallen to 1 or 2 days a week at best. It makes me sick that Sony/Corday gives TomSell the reigns to write for the inexperienced characters hat have no meaning to the show. Days needs to get back to basics and write for the entire cast instead of TomSells favorites. Tomlin and Whitesell really need to look in the mirror when deciding not to write for the vets. Hopefully soon, their days will come to an end just as they've done for so many of the fan favorites.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Daysofold
Nov 3 2013, 11:17 PM
am103
Nov 3 2013, 10:14 PM
It would positively make me sick if he was brought on to be with AS.

I've really been watching since Kristian signed her new contract with Days, and although she did tape for like 12 days straight in the beginning, her air dates have fallen to 1 or 2 days a week at best. It makes me sick that Sony/Corday gives TomSell the reigns to write for the inexperienced characters hat have no meaning to the show. Days needs to get back to basics and write for the entire cast instead of TomSells favorites. Tomlin and Whitesell really need to look in the mirror when deciding not to write for the vets. Hopefully soon, their days will come to an end just as they've done for so many of the fan favorites.
What's airing now was taped just after the Daytime Emmys. Kristian re-signed her contract around that time, so her 2-weeks-straight episodes haven't even aired yet, but should be coming up shortly.
You can't base her number of episodes taped based on her tweets. None of the actors tweet every time they're at the studio. I do feel like Kristian's new contract has a higher guarantee than her last contract.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
"I want to get to know you better."

granolagirl
Nov 3 2013, 08:01 PM
MissFancyFace
Nov 3 2013, 08:53 AM
Kriss4
Nov 3 2013, 08:29 AM
camera shy
Nov 3 2013, 05:06 AM
I think if he was for Hope then we wouldn't have him spoiled in scenes with Jennifer. I bet he's going to be the man Jennifer gets involved with while separated from Daniel. ANd Jennifer is the only actress in their forties this show is interested in writting for. They don't care about Hope or Kayla.
And how wrong is this?

I'll tell you something. I'd be far more interested in a new fella for Hope than I've been in any of Jennifer's relationships since Jack. I'd also love to see Kayla start entering the dating scene. I'm sure she's lonely, and why should she spend the rest of her life alone? Does Kayla deserve that fate?
Who the show favors completely puzzles me and makes no sense whatsoever. :eyeroll:
For me it's not who so much as how many. I'm bored of the same six people doing the same things. Whoever is in focus tends to get so much airtime doing so little of interest, that there isn't much mileage in changing it up, either. New front burner characters get burned through very quickly.
Excellent point!

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
"I want to get to know you better."

Kriss4
Nov 3 2013, 08:35 PM
I don't really know how "right on" I am, to be honest.

I just know I love Kayla and I'd like to see her reaching out for happiness in her personal life, and I'd like to see Hope in a deeply personal story, too.

I've seen Jennifer almost daily for a very long time. I've watched her in this romance with Daniel. I've seen everything. What else is there? Break-up/make-up #250? Daniel saves the day again and gains more admirers? We've seen that.

We've not seen Hope deal with the loss of her husband. We've not seen Kayla struggle with the idea of moving on. We've never really seen Nicole get the guy.

So. Right? I don't know. I just know I need something else. Something more.
You were right on about KA and MBE being pretty much ignored. And MR always getting the spotlight, the SLs and being passed due for backburnerville.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Wasn't there a casting call a few months ago for a named actor to play the new hospital administrator? Or am I misremembering here?

camera shy

LonePirate
Nov 4 2013, 09:17 AM
Wasn't there a casting call a few months ago for a named actor to play the new hospital administrator? Or am I misremembering here?
I believe he was part of the Cameron stripping story.......Anne dragged him out to the club to let him see what Cameron's other job was.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

james0479
Nov 1 2013, 07:39 AM
peaches179
Oct 30 2013, 01:07 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Oct 30 2013, 01:02 PM
On the plus side, there's still hope for this... :drunk:

OMG!!! LOL!
Holy Christ on a cross....he may be worse than Charity Rahmer's arms. Wtf was he smoking?!?! This AIRED?!?! Lmao
LMFAO - even KL's face was a bit like WTF

Acting like this is what makes people goof on soaps and not take them seriously!

Aimikins
Member Avatar

I think I accidentally hit the reporting button the Ron Moss post in my laughter while I was typing!! I'm sorry it was an accident!
Edited by Aimikins, Nov 4 2013, 11:03 AM.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

He's definitely handsome! I hope and pray that he is NOT for Sami or Jennifer. I've had enough of those two and their screwy love lives to last an eternity!

angie37
Member Avatar

Aimikins
Nov 4 2013, 11:02 AM
james0479
Nov 1 2013, 07:39 AM
peaches179
Oct 30 2013, 01:07 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Oct 30 2013, 01:02 PM
On the plus side, there's still hope for this... :drunk:

OMG!!! LOL!
Holy Christ on a cross....he may be worse than Charity Rahmer's arms. Wtf was he smoking?!?! This AIRED?!?! Lmao
LMFAO - even KL's face was a bit like WTF

Acting like this is what makes people goof on soaps and not take them seriously!
Sadly, the same suits that gave this scene the proverbial "And I approve this message" stamp is the person/group that accused KL of overacting. Go figure. :shrug: Hell, I wouldn't even call this acting. I've seen elementary students do better in a school program. Talk about horrible LOL...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply