Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, October 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 31 2013, 02:39 AM (7,160 Views)
JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Oct 31 2013, 07:18 PM
JarlenaLante
Oct 31 2013, 06:34 PM
And they had a little girl in a corn costume a la Children of the Corn.
Really??? Please tell me it was Josslyn?! :D

(Sorry for the off topic :D )
Yes, it was and she was adorable!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kriss4

I resent them sometimes. It's no secret that Kayla's my favorite, and she so seldom gets much focus.

Even without something for HER, I'm happy to see her when I can, and this was an opportunity to...I kinda expected to, you know? But nothing.

But Daniel sneezes and it's shown. Every stupid little argument he and Jennifer have (that never leads to any character growth/increased understanding/lessons learned) is seen by us.

Missy's working so much she could barely talk without sounding hoarse.

I wish they'd consider a more equitable distribution of airtime, and a better rotation of stories.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Who did KM piss off in wardrobe and hair? That outfit we have seen her in for the past few days is awful..it's dull and way too matronly for a woman her age; that severe hairstyle isn't in the least bit flattering..not even a pair of earrings to soften the look?

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I kinda enjoyed today's show. It moved along nicely and I didn't get sick of anyone. Not without caveats though, the biggest being Daniel, but that's a given. Anne and Theresa are both walking really thin lines of sympathy/understanding and total ruthlessness, they're a couple of question marks. Ari did a really nice job today with Nicole's emotional stuff. Marlena was great and actually IMO Maggie was the most likable she's been in a while in that scene with Victor and Marlena. I've always thought that she and Victor were such different people, if she isn't at the very least in a "keeping each other on their toes" dynamic with him then it doesn't make any sense at all. Abby stuff was mostly wrap-up. JJ's chat with Anne was a lot of fun, I like seeing him in that mode.

I got a genuine thrill when Theresa opened her eyes at the end, and I too thought Jennifer looked really pretty today.

I think the only person at the hospital who works is Jordan. ETA: And Kayla when they let her out of the attic.
Edited by DesignatedShelley, Oct 31 2013, 10:50 PM.

Ocean

JtSmarts
Oct 31 2013, 06:48 AM
Bricole love
Oct 31 2013, 05:31 AM
Happy Halloween everyone. I love the color,but it hurts my eyes and I have a hard time to read. I hope after halloween we get the normal color back.
You can change your color scheme at the bottom of the page. I'm currently using "Comeback Blue".
Thanks for info. Now it's much better to read. :P

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Oct 31 2013, 05:37 PM
PALMommy
Oct 31 2013, 01:47 PM
Kinay
Oct 31 2013, 01:37 PM
PALMommy
Oct 31 2013, 01:14 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepI'm becoming increasingly more worried that she is going to be the "murder victim" in the spoilers?? :'(

I think Theresa is faking "not remembering" and that she is on to Dr. Dan covering for JJ already and will blackmail him into pretending they're in a relationship w/o revealing it to Jennifer or anyone else OR she'll blow the whistle on JJ about being there that night.
Noooo! Please don't let Nicole be the murder victim. She is the best Days has at the moment. She can't go!
I agree that Theresa is faking it and is going to milk this OD thing for all it's worth. That is all the little shit knows how to do . At least her sight is not on JJ, Dr Dan can take care of himself ...or not.
Ya know, didn't spoilers say there'd be a "cover up"??? If Kristen was murdered by: Sami, Eric, Nicole, Brady, Victor, John (when's he supposed to be back anyway??) or even EJ, I can see that Marlena would cover for any of them if she witnesses the murder. Why EJ? His family holds the key to destroying Will and sending him to prison for shooting EJ and she wouldn't want that to come to light. John would be a twist that we might not even see coming if the "killer" is off camera and we don't actually see John for awhile, but Marlena KNOWS! Of course maybe Marlena wouldn't even see "who" kills her, but comes to and she's been shot to death. That would then throw Marlena's hat in the ring as a suspect. I hope the writers make it suspenseful and intriguing, but I'm not holding my breath or you'll be wondering who killed ME when I fall over dead (hint: the writers!)

And that's all IF Kristen is the murder victim - and we all know, "Dimeras never really die".

With our luck the major character death will be someone non-essential like Gabi and the murderer will be Nick. Ho hum! :drunk:
EJ would never try to kill his sister. That's just ridiculous.

If anything, he's probably gonna help her get out of town.
I think on any given day, EJ would sell his soul to the highest bidder and if Sami wanted Kristen dead. . . he just might do it. He seems almost "lose cannony" lately. :-/ Nothing ever makes "sense" on Days anymore, so anything's plausible.
Edited by PALMommy, Oct 31 2013, 09:31 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Least Jennifer finally lost her sick voice,was annoying.

phloe3

I guess Teresa was faking amnesia

naptown
Member Avatar

I had all kinds of issues with today's show. First off, while I love Victor and Marlena, there's something about their chemistry that felt really uncomfortable and stilted, especially on Marlena's part. We all love the fact that Victor is a cantankerous old bastard, but today it seemed like he was bitching for the sake of bitching and putting all the blame on Marlena when he's done nothing for this plot to set Kritter up, other than give Marlena that ridiculous flash drive to steal Kritters phone log.

Second, they totally screwed up with JJ's dream sequence, there was no woosh or any other affect to know when they were flashing from reality to dream, it was confusing for a second.

Third, how is it possible that Marlena also seemed to have no idea who Theresa was either? This was just as bad as Brady referring to her as Sami's cousin the other day. Theresa was, at one point, her niece when she was married to Roman (and I will call him Roman because it was before he was Winston). And since there are only three rooms in that entire hospital, don't you think she'd run into her at some point at work? By the way, loved everyone's comments about Anne laying into Marlena about showing up to work as often as Jen Jen.

Fourth, I can see Nicole running to Monchichi for support, but that's just lazy writing making her so upset that she needed to take a nap, only so she can overhear JJ confess he was with Jeannie T when she OD'd. Also, in her dream, how did she know what Hope was wearing that day?

Lastly, Abby called Hope "Aunt Hope" at least twice. Hope is not her aunt, she's her cousin!

I think a lot of valid points were made above about Eric's behavior toward Nicole and I really like this discussion much more than the usual debates happening daily by the EJami shippers.

Otherwise, I was happy to finally see some storyline progression and look forward to tomorrow and next week when the shit hits the fan for Kritter and Marlena finally gets some vindication.

naptown
Member Avatar

blueskies
Oct 31 2013, 06:33 PM
Are you freaking kidding me, Jen can't be at the wedding either??? This is gonna be another 3 person "wedding" isn't it? F*** YOU DAYS.
No, I am sure they will fill the church with extras who are supposedly their friends and family, much like all of EJami's friends at their engagement party.

lysie
Member Avatar

I watched the show in such a weird way today. I saw the actual Eric/Nicole scenes this morning, and I just now watched everything else in clips on youtube and uh...through facetime (thanks Ellie!).

Anyway, it's a little hard to judge the show as a whole when you watch this way, but I will say that I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't watch the whole thing live today. Aside from Daniel, Theresa, Maggie, and Ann the cast that was on today is one that doesn't particularly bug me. It's rare that they pretty much get a show to themselves.

I really liked the Eric/Nicole scenes. It was a good use of history all the way around. I've already made my feelings about them clear. I'm glad they're writing this story the way they are and I'm glad he's still a priest. If they were anywhere else in their relationship, I could understand the complaints about Eric. Their scenes today actually reminded me a lot of the Lumi scenes in 2005 when Lucas found her with Brandon. I like the concept of the evidence stacking up against her and it being the one time she's telling the truth. In this case, I'm glad the reveal is coming up much sooner than that Lumi one did, because for me, that in between time is what ended up really killing the momentum that couple had.

JJ looked older today. IDK what that was about. I continue to really enjoy him with Missy Reeves. Did his fantasy play out weird or was I just not paying close enough attention? It looked like there wasn't a break between filming the slap and then filming what really happened. I actually didn't realize it was a dream at first and was prepared to be mad at Jennifer, lol. My only complaint about that family is how they use Abby as a cheerleader in the background of their scenes. They have got to figure out something better for her.

Kristen coming to apologize to Eric was just dumb. I just don't get how Eric or anyone could ever think she's sincere. She was so fake.

I liked Brady/Hope even though Brady's stupidity is just beyond grating now. But I liked the conversation as far as Hope's part in it went. I also liked that she mentioned not wanting Ciara to see Kristen as her hero (even if it is too late). I'm pretty disappointed that Ciara won't be at the wedding, though. Actually, I'm disappointed with the wedding guests all the way around so far. I did think it was weird that Brady and Hope talked about Ciara being the flower girl like Ciara didn't already know.

I hope Marlena gets to keep the backbone she has grown when John returns. The scenes with Victor were eh, but they did have some funny dialogue. And Victor said LOL., so that was fun.

I seriously just plain don't understand Anne. They've done a rotten job, IMO, of setting up her conflict with everyone in the hospital that's not Theresa. I just don't get it.

Also, it just occurred to me that Sydney out to be pissed that she got passed over for flower girl. She even lives in the same house as the bride and groom. Ciara better look out for Naptime Sydney.

I wrote a lot today. Congrats to you if you managed to read all that crap.

phloe3

Dan was in the room with Maxine when Teresa was talking. Even if she knew he knew, she's not stupid. She knows it's JJ's last chance

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 31 2013, 04:11 PM
Rosebud
Oct 31 2013, 03:57 PM
lysie
Oct 31 2013, 03:51 PM
Rosebud
Oct 31 2013, 03:49 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yes, but John and Marlena were regular people. Eric is a priest. He's not there yet. Having a loving relationship isn't something on his mind. You're trying to jump to what will be the eventual end of the story.
I don't think I am. These two aren't strangers who just met. They actually had a romantic relationship, didn't they? She hasn't only known him as a priest. Maybe if Eric didn't know her from the past and if he were a new character, but he's not. Like I said, I don't know their history well at all. But to me, his mistrust and doubts doesn't say true soap soulmates. But that's totally an objective thing I guess.
Their lrelationships was over a decade ago. They're completely different people now. What happened between them in the past doesn't change where they are in life right now.

I think you proved my point though because you're referring to them as soap soul mates. They're not there yet. Eric is a priest. He's not trying to be anyone's soulmate and not looking at things from that angle or any romantic angle. He's been supporting her and believing her until this last thing, and yes, he absolutely does have enough evidence to believe what he believes. The fact that he's a priest is a huge element in this story. I realize not everyone likes it, but it's adding a whole other level that keeps getting ignored in discussion. They are not a couple and they're not trying to be a couple. We're not to that part of the story. You're talking about how two people in love should respond, and right now, that's not who they are.
Actually, I don't believe I have ever referred to them as a couple now. I've only been talking about their potential as a future couple, and how his doubts about her don't bode well for them being a future soap soulmate couple. In my eyes. I know very well that Eric is not looking for her to be anything but a friend right now. I'm talking about the writers, if they are planning on pairing them romantically are missing the boat on how to creat an epic soap couple by having him doubt her basic goodness and to think that she could rape him and the writers not showing him doubting it. All he is doing us accusing her, we don't see him thinking "this can't be true, she would never do that to me." I think you are missing my point.
Edited by Rosebud, Nov 1 2013, 01:24 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Nov 1 2013, 01:19 AM
lysie
Rosebud
lysie

I don't think I am. These two aren't strangers who just met. They actually had a romantic relationship, didn't they? She hasn't only known him as a priest. Maybe if Eric didn't know her from the past and if he were a new character, but he's not. Like I said, I don't know their history well at all. But to me, his mistrust and doubts doesn't say true soap soulmates. But that's totally an objective thing I guess.
Their lrelationships was over a decade ago. They're completely different people now. What happened between them in the past doesn't change where they are in life right now.

I think you proved my point though because you're referring to them as soap soul mates. They're not there yet. Eric is a priest. He's not trying to be anyone's soulmate and not looking at things from that angle or any romantic angle. He's been supporting her and believing her until this last thing, and yes, he absolutely does have enough evidence to believe what he believes. The fact that he's a priest is a huge element in this story. I realize not everyone likes it, but it's adding a whole other level that keeps getting ignored in discussion. They are not a couple and they're not trying to be a couple. We're not to that part of the story. You're talking about how two people in love should respond, and right now, that's not who they are.
Actually, I don't believe I have ever referred to them as a couple now. I've only been talking about their potential as a future couple, and how his doubts about her don't bode well for them being a future soap soulmate couple.
I didn't say that you did.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 1 2013, 01:24 AM
Rosebud
lysie
Rosebud

Actually, I don't believe I have ever referred to them as a couple now. I've only been talking about their potential as a future couple, and how his doubts about her don't bode well for them being a future soap soulmate couple.
Quote:

I think you proved my point though because you're referring to them as soap soul mates

:shrug:

Ps, I added more to my previous post if you are interested.
Edited by Rosebud, Nov 1 2013, 01:30 AM.

jwsel
Member Avatar

naptown
Nov 1 2013, 12:06 AM
Third, how is it possible that Marlena also seemed to have no idea who Theresa was either? This was just as bad as Brady referring to her as Sami's cousin the other day. Theresa was, at one point, her niece when she was married to Roman (and I will call him Roman because it was before he was Winston). And since there are only three rooms in that entire hospital, don't you think she'd run into her at some point at work? By the way, loved everyone's comments about Anne laying into Marlena about showing up to work as often as Jen Jen.
This annoyed me too. Granted, Marlena and Jeannie did not overlap much in Salem -- only briefly during Kim's MPD period -- but it was a plot point that, right before Marlena had Belle, she and Kim went to England to see Jeannie and Andrew and, on returning, they were told that Jeannie had come down with measles. And Marlena and Kim were always good friends, even beyond being family. So the way Marlena referred to Jeannie as just some random "woman" is yet another example of the writers ignoring Kim and Shane's history in Salem.

Similarly, the entire way Jennifer keeps professing to hate Jeannie Theresa annoys me. I want to remind her how far Kim and Shane went to get Lawrence to confess to raping her so he would plead guilty. Or how Shane was the one who tracked down Jennifer and Jack when they were stranded on Ernesto's island or freezing in the mountains after the train derailment. Given that history, you would think maybe Jennifer would try talking to Kim and Shane about their daughter or might have tried a different approach with her than the "tough boss."

lysie
Member Avatar

Rosebud
lysie
Rosebud
lysie

Actually, I don't believe I have ever referred to them as a couple now. I've only been talking about their potential as a future couple, and how his doubts about her don't bode well for them being a future soap soulmate couple. In my eyes. I know very well that Eric is not looking for her to be anything but a friend right now. I'm talking about the writers, if they are planning on pairing them romantically are missing the boat on how to creat an epic soap couple by having him doubt her basic goodness and to think that she could rape him and the writers not showing him doubting it. All he is doing us accusing her, we don't see him thinking "this can't be true, she would never do that to me." I think you are missing my point.
I'm not missing your point. I just don't agree with it even a little bit. I would if they hadn't set it up like they have, but they did. So I don't.

lysie
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Nov 1 2013, 01:28 AM
lysie
Nov 1 2013, 01:24 AM
Rosebud
lysie

Quote:

I think you proved my point though because you're referring to them as soap soul mates

:shrug:

Ps, I added more to my previous post if you are interested.
I'm not sure where the misunderstanding is. What you've bolded doesn't include the word "couple." I never said you referred to them as a couple. I said you referred to them as soulmates.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 1 2013, 01:32 AM
Rosebud
lysie
Rosebud

I'm not missing your point. I just don't agree with it even a little bit. I would if they hadn't set it up like they have, but they did. So I don't.
Ok, I'm not sure what you are talking about, but it's late, time for some shut eye. Take care!

lysie
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Nov 1 2013, 01:35 AM
lysie
Nov 1 2013, 01:32 AM
Rosebud
lysie

Ok, I'm not sure what you are talking about, but it's late, time for some shut eye. Take care!
LOL. Well, when you wake up, I'm talking about the things I've been saying in my posts all day. I'm sure you just disagree.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply