Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Young & the Restless' Delivers Its Largest Weekly Audience in Nearly Two Years; Press Release
Topic Started: Oct 31 2013, 03:30 PM (778 Views)
six
Member Avatar

"THE YOUNG AND The Restless, the #1 daytime drama, delivered its largest weekly audience in nearly two years, while The Talk earned its third-largest audience and matched its series high in women 25-54, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Oct. 27."

More here-

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/10/31/the-young-the-restless-delivers-its-largest-weekly-audience-in-nearly-two-years/212794/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS got a 0.9 in W18-49...that is the same thing they got last week, so I don't expect to see much fluctuation in their ratings.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Last week message boards all over the planet were flooded with I will never watch this show again as long as I live now that they have killed Delia!

Obviously those were not Nielsen families that participated in the shut-out.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

JFP must be throwing a party

metitle
Member Avatar

Didn't we all expect this spike? Of course we did.
But its only temporary, the real challenge for Ms. Farren and company is - do those number have staying power?
People tuned in to peak their curiosity, but now, lets see if Ms. Faren can actually write something that will keep the audience.
My guess is - not

Hugo
Member Avatar

I have to say, all the (negative) buzz around this storyline had me curious so I watched a few episodes last night. I rarely watch Y&R but I thought it was really engaging thanks to the actors, especially Billy Miller. But I understand why people are angry, they want to be entertained in the middle of their day, this is just too depressing. Maybe they can't stop watching right now because they don't wanna bail on the characters during the tragedy but they might give up on the show later.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

No offense but I just can't even fathom why a person that doesn't watch this show would tune in just to see people grieving over the death of a little seven year old girl.

I just don't get it. I can see tuning back in for a back-from-the dead character or a wedding between two people kept apart forever .... but to watch the fall-out from the worst thing that could possibly happen to a parent?

I started watching this show way back in 1981 when I was only 10 years old and over the years I have read of people tuning out for this and that and I always wondered if that day would ever come for me, a 32 year viewer.

Yep. Came last week. Jill Farren Phelps + Dullan + Delia's death = too much for one soap fan to take.

Hugo
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Nov 1 2013, 11:09 AM
No offense but I just can't even fathom why a person that doesn't watch this show would tune in just to see people grieving over the death of a little seven year old girl.
I guess it's easier to distance yourself when you're not a longtime viewer.
It didn't feel like I was watching real people grieving, I was watching actors getting through some really tough material.
Of course, it made me sad because I thought about real parents losing their child.
I don't know if you see the difference.

BlueEyes28
Member Avatar

Alright.Way to go Y&R :cheer: :applause:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply