Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, November 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 1 2013, 12:55 AM (10,860 Views)
Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Until this show says otherwise, Brady is still a Dimera/Brady, not because I like it that way.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SKBaldwin

Pookie
Nov 2 2013, 12:21 AM
phloe3
Nov 1 2013, 11:05 PM
Teresa isn't ratting JJ out when she could have. She may be looking out for herself, but she's looking out for him too. She so could have said JJ was there when I overdosed. Hope would have wondered how she got the drugs. It's fine if he is going to lie and let Daniel take the fall, but there is no reason to badmouth her to Abigail
Telling ANYONE that JJ was there would open up a line of questioning that could implicate her enough to send back to LA and to jail.

Why was JJ with you?
Were you doing drugs together?
What drugs?
Who bought the drugs?
Who did you buy the drugs from?
You were doing drugs when you know one slip up could send you back to jail!?

It's too early to assume Theresa's motives for feigning amnesia have ANYTHING to do with protecting JJ.
I'd like to add to that:

What the hell were you thinking?! :soapbox:

lysie
Member Avatar

Their biological relationship isn't why they should know each. That didn't exist until they were adults. It's the relationship their parents had when they were younger and the fact that she is biologically related to his siblings that should be the reasons they knelt each other.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Keith
Nov 1 2013, 11:42 PM
six
Nov 1 2013, 05:19 PM
Rosebud
Nov 1 2013, 04:57 PM
six
Nov 1 2013, 02:46 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't remember Sami ever calling Alice Grandma. Anyway, it wasn't just that belle called Caroline and Shawn her grandparents, they treated her like their granddaughter. They took care of her ALL the time! And shawnD was around all the time with them. Caroline probably had a good legal case for custody if she had wanted to do that ;)

Then when they decided they just HAD to pair the children of Bope and J&M, even though Shawn D was a lot older, they desorased Shawn and made up some fake history where they told us those two shared a playpen. :rolleyes:
Sorry, I still don't see the big deal. I'm okay with the children of people who are "like family" dating. I'm just not okay with actual family members dating.

Also, it would bother me if the sorasing erased a part of Shawn or Belle's history, but it didn't so I'm fine with that, too.
GMAB. They are not "like family". The writers simply decided to pretend they weren't when they wanted to pair them. Shawn didn't call Marlena Aunt because his parents were close to Marlena. She was literally his aunt. Divorce doesn't stop aunt from being aunt. Shawn and Belle are a great example of two characters who never should have been paired based on history and story, but actor chemistry and producer demands made it happen anyway.
Sorry I'm not pretending everyone does things the way that your family does them. If someone is your aunt through marriage and the marriage dissolves, the other relationships dissolve, too. She isn't your uncle's wife, or your grandparents' daughter in law, or your aunt anymore. You are of course, free to keep considering your uncles ex wife your aunt if that's what the two of you want to do, because she still feels like family, but it's not wrong if you don't. And you don't have to consider her kids, who aren't related to you, to be your cousins.

Sami was Abby and JJ's aunt. She isn't anymore and when we see Abby and Sami in scenes, Abby isn't calling her "Aunt Sami" because they were never close enough for the title to outlast the marriage.
Edited by six, Nov 2 2013, 09:28 AM.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Grant A. Johnson
Scriptwriter: Richard Culliton

Segment 1: Repeat of Marlena finding the flashdrive.

Repeat of Jen telling Brady who Dan has moved on with without naming names. Brady - Sami told me her cousin Theresa OD'd last night and that Daniel ... Jen - Yes that is his latest involvement; that vindictive little snake who just wants to make my life a nightmare.

Theresa asks her aunt if she's told her parents yet. Kayla - I haven't been able to reach them yet so I guess that gives you a little more time to recover. Theresa - But you'll keep trying. Kayla - The family will. You screwed up big time kid but I guess you get a second chance. She kisses her forehead. Use it wisely.

Repeat of Dan and JJ talking and Nicole overhearing. JJ sees Nicole. OMG, anyone but her.

Repeat of Kristen figuring out she should go and talk to Dan. Eric returns. I'm glad you're still here. We need to talk. Kristen - I was on my out. Eric - I'm sorry but this can't wait. After we talked earlier I realised I was completely wrong about everything. Now I see the truth.

Marlena holds the flashdrive. What's it doing in Daniel's office? Well it doesn't matter why it's here, what matters is as long as what's on the flashdrive will make Brady leave Kristen for good.

Dan tells Nicole he'll explain. Just give me a minute with JJ. JJ and Dan step out into the hallway. JJ - Why didn't you tell me she was here? Dan - You didn't give me a chance. JJ - She hates me. I know that she heard everything. She's going to tell everyone. Dan - No she won't. JJ - She hates my guts. Dan - I will handle it. JJ - She could send me to prison. Dan - Listen to me. You need to get it together. Just breathe. I'm going to go in there; I'm going to make sure she doesn't tell anyone. You meet me in my office in an hour okay? Focus. He hands him a key. Take this. Use the back stairs. Make sure no one sees you. If maintenance has locked the door just use that key. You sit there; you sit quietly. JJ - What are you going to say to her? Dan - Don't worry about it, just go. JJ leaves. Dan goes back inside his apt. Nicole - What the hell is going on here?

Kristen - I don't know what you're talking about. Eric - I'm not happy about Brady and you not being honest with me about Nicole but I never should have said I wouldn't marry you two. I made a promise and my Boss hates broken promises. Kristen - Thank you so much. It means so much to us, especially to Brady. Maybe, if you want to talk to me a little about the problem you're having with Nicole, I could help. Maybe tell me what happened. Eric - No I don't want to talk to you about that. Actually I'd appreciate it if you forgot anything I said about Nicole. Kristen - Okay, it might be a little hard to do but okay.

Marlena puts the flashdrive in her pocket when Anne comes into Dan's office. Checking up on me? Anne - Well you said you were going to leave a note. I don't see a note. Marlena - I thought I'd call him tomorrow. Anne - Meaning you kick it around a little and then you forget about it. Marlena - Meaning I thought I'd call him tomorrow. Anne - The last time we spoke you were head of the Ethics Committee. Have you stepped down? Marlena - Of course not. Anne - Does it not concern you that what Dr. Jonas did is not only unethical but likely criminal. Marlena - That is not your determination to make. Anne - I seem to be the only one around here taking this seriously. Marlena - You seem to be a neurotic woman bent on being a vigilante. Now please get out of my way. Anne - No. The flashdrive falls to the floor.

Segment 2: Maggie is wrapping a wedding gift when Victor returns with a bouquet of roses. Truce? Maggie - So you're trying to buy me off with flowers huh. Vic - I already told you Marlena and I are not planning on doing anything that's going to hurt anyone. Maggie - I don't think Marlena would but it did cross my mind that you might be trying to gain information out of her, manipulate her in some way so that you can go off and do whatever it is you want to do that you know I don't want you to do. Vic - It wounds me that you even think I'm capable of something like that. Maggie - Fancy words for saying the truth hurts. Okay my love I will stop and smell the roses. They are wonderful. Alright, we'll declare a truce. Vic - Let's celebrate. Maggie - Not so fast. Let's set the terms up first. I'll stop cross-examining you like I said before if you don't end up hurting someone that I love. Because if you do I will put these roses where the sun don't shine, thorns and all.

Abby is at the club talking to Sonny. He asks how her mom's doing. Abby - She's not great. I mean how could she be but she did not want to talk about it at all. I texted her and normally she responds right away. Sonny - I know why you're mad at her but Dr. Jonas, that is not cool. He's a doctor. Abby - And Theresa Donovan is just an evil bitch. This is all her fault.

Brady - I'll admit I don't know anything about this Theresa person but she doesn't sound like Daniel's type and I think you're making a mistake. Jen - You know what, there's been a lot of mistakes made and I am the one who broke up with Daniel. I really hurt him so he has a right to see whoever he wants to see but her! I mean ... I feel like he's doing this to hurt me; to pay me back. She is not his type. She's just this little perfect piece of revenge. Brady - Sorry, it doesn't sound like Daniel at all. Jen - He is not the man that you think he is and he is not the man that I thought he was.

Dan - How much did you hear? Nicole - Enough to know that you're covering for that little punk and something to do with Theresa, Eric's cousin. Dan - Yes. She OD'd last night. JJ was there when it happened. He was scared to death so he called me. Nicole - What are you; the drug hotline now? Dan - I got her to the hospital. She's fine now. But what's important is that no one knows that JJ was involved. He's still facing criminal charges. Nicole - Because he did criminal things. Dan - If the judge finds out JJ was anyway connected to an incident involving illegal drugs, JJ will go straight to jail. The judge is not going to give him anymore chances. Nicole - No, you are. Dan - I would think you of all people would know that he needs a break here. He's trying to put his life back together. Nicole - No, he's trying to cover his ass. Dan - He could have left her there. He didn't have to call me. Nicole - And you were the perfect person to call, right? I know better than anyone that your middle name is 'Good Samaritan' but let me ask a question. What did he mean when everyone thinks that you slept with that girl. Dan - For reasons too complicated to get into but there was no way for me to explain why I was there without implicating JJ, none. Nicole - You are risking your reputation for a kid who hates you ... because you love his mother. That's why you're doing this, aren't you?

Marlena - I don't pull rank but I am Senior Staff. You have challenged my authority and questioned my integrity and speaking of integrity, you're a person who has openly attacked Dr. Jonas, well documented, a doctor who saves lives, and you are a person who files. He is a man who does his job well. You are a person who does her job poorly. Anne - Wow, who's making personal attacks now. Marlena - I'm talking about your reputation at the hospital. There isn't a person who works here who isn't intimidated by you or enraged by you. Anne - So let's move off the subject of Dr. Jonas's disgusting transgression and make this all about me and how unpopular I am ... like I give a damn because I don't take crap from people and PS, I don't file. We have a digital filing system here and it's managed by the interns or the clerical staff, not by me. I do not file, okay. I manage personnel. Marlena - What we know about Dr. Jonas is that he saved a woman's life. What we know about you is that you're insecure and manipulative and will do anything and hurt anybody to be more powerful. And I will not allow Dr. Jonas to become your victim. I will have a conversation with him and if you don't back off you will find yourself up on charges. Now get the hell out of my sight. Anne - Gladly. I would appreciate it if you would stay the hell out of my sight from this moment forward. If you have any complaints you can take it to the Chief of Staff or the hospital board and I can assure you they will vigorously and whole-heartedly defend me. Do you know why? Because I happen to be a highly respected senior executive here at this hospital Dr. Evans. Your vicious and self-righteous rant not withstanding. She leaves. Marlena feels around in her pocket for the flashdrive and realises it's not there. She sits in Dan's chair and sees it on the floor. Before she can pick it up Kristen comes in. Fancy meeting you here.

Segment 3: JJ shows up at the club. So what were you guys talking about when I came in here. It looked real intense. Abby - It was about Theresa. There's something really important that I need to tell you. JJ - She's in the hospital. I heard. Abby - It's more than that. Theresa has been having a thing with Daniel. It's absolutely crushing Mom. JJ - Yeah I bet. Abby - I can almost guarantee that that slut was only after Daniel just to stick it to mom. Sonny - That's sick. JJ - It's true. Theresa is a user in every meaning of the word. She takes drugs and she uses people. She doesn't care what happens to them or if it ruins their lives. Abby - Whoa, talk about intense. I thought that you actually liked this chick. What changed?

Jen brings Hope and Kayla into the living room. Brady's here and as Daniel's best friend he's having a hard time believing me about him. Brady - Actually that's not what I said at all. It's not that I don't believe you it just doesn't sound like Daniel ... some random girl with a drug habit. Jen - I know but I told you he chose to be with her to hurt me. Okay, I don't know that. All I'm saying is I don't want to talk about it anymore. I don't want to be in a room with you and Kristen pledging your love and fidelity to each other ... gosh, this is insane. How did this even happen? Hope - It's okay. You don't have to go. She hugs her. Kayla tells Brady that this isn't the best time. Brady - Jen, let me talk to Daniel. Jen - I'm not asking you to uninvite him. Brady - I'm not going to do that. I just think it's best that I talk to him and try and figure this out. I'm sorry. He leaves.

Dan - So I can count on you to keep this to yourself right? Nicole - You've got it bad and that's not good. How many times has she shoved you away? How many times has she not believed you? Dan - Do you really want to get into this? Nicole - You're not even together anymore. Dan - It doesn't matter. Nicole - It does matter if the kid you're covering for is a drug addict little creep. Dan - That little kid is Jennifer's son and if he goes to prison it will kill her. Nicole - And what about you and your reputation. Dan - I am calling on all my favours with you, please. I've kept a secret or two with you, right? Nicole - Look how that turned out. Have you even thought about what Jennifer is going to think if she hears that you slept with her son's little drug buddy. Dan - Well that ship has sailed. She was there when I brought Theresa in. She can deal with that but she can not deal with losing JJ. Will you just promise me that you'll keep this to yourself. Promise me that. Nicole - I promise. Dan - Thank you. Nicole - Love sucks, doesn't it. Dan - It so sucks. Nicole - God we have a lot of terrible things in common, don't we? Isn't it fun when the person you love most in this world thinks that you're ... Dan - What? Nicole - Nothing. Dan - No, you came here because you were upset that Eric said something ... you did something terrible. What was that? Nicole - I've got to go. Dan - You said ... Nicole - I said nothing, they were just words. Dan - The person you love most in this world is Eric? Oh God! Nicole - Yeah. Oh God just about sums it up.

Kristen - What the hell are you doing in Daniel's office. Marlena - And that would be any of your business? Kristen - Where is he? Marlena - I think he's gone for the day. Kristen - I thought he'd still be here. Marlena - I didn't know you were tracking his schedule. Kristen - It's shocking I know but I do happen to have a couple of friends and Daniel happens to be one of them. Marlena - Well I guess you'll have to see your friend some other time. Kristen - It's always such a pleasure. You seem a little jumpy. Is there anything wrong?

Segment 4: Marlena - Well it's the end of a very long and difficult day and I run into somebody I don't especially like. Kristen - So you're just hanging out in Daniel's office. Kristen gets a text from Brady. It's a last minute wedding detail. I think he's more excited about the wedding than I am. Marlena - I wouldn't be so cocky if I had as many skeletons in my closet as you do. Wouldn't it be a shame if one of those fell out right before the wedding.

JJ - I guess Theresa is just another example of someone screwed up by drugs. Now that I have my head on straight I can see what she's really like. Even before I never liked the way she treated Mom. Abby - Clearly I'm not her biggest fan but I do think that Daniel should have shown some restraint. Okay, I just completely dissed Daniel and left the door wide open and you're not going to say anything. I don't get it. I thought this would be your big 'I told you so' moment. JJ - I don't think I should pile on. He's already going to pay for what happened. Abby - Yeah, big time. JJ - Sonny, have you heard from Will? How's Berkeley? Sonny - He just got there so no news yet. Abby - Did you tell him about Theresa? Sonny - No. I don't want him to worry. There's really nothing he can do about it and Theresa has plenty of family to look after her here.

Eric asks Theresa how she's feeling. Theresa - Tired doesn't even begin to describe it. Wiped out, embarrassed, confused. Eric - Confused about what? Theresa - I know I OD'd last night, the way my body feels makes that very clear, but what's unclear to me is everything else that happened that night. Most of yesterday is just a big blank. You can't imagine how frustrating that is.

Brady is with Maggie and Vic. Brady - I want to ask you about Daniel. Do you understand this thing that's going on between him and Theresa Donovan. Maggie - No, I don't and he doesn't want to talk about it so it seems like it's true. I just don't understand him being so insensitive to Jennifer. Vic - Would you stop worrying about it. As far as I'm concerned the man has done nothing wrong.

Kayla - Daniel said Theresa called him and he went over there and he found her passed out. Jen - I know and I keep trying to see this from his point of view because I hurt him. I did and I did not handle things well but Theresa ... I keep thinking the only reason he would choose to be near her is to hurt me and that is so not Daniel. Hope - Maybe there's another explanation.

Dan - I had no idea you were in love with Eric but looking back all the signs were there. How long have you felt this way? Nicole - Almost since the day he got back. Dan - So you went to work for him that way you'd spend endless hours with a guy who is completely unavailable. Nicole - Well You know me. I never do anything halfway and that includes unrequited love. Dan - I'm sorry. Nicole - He was my first love; the one that got away. He was always sexy but he came back sexy and saintly. Dan - And he had no idea you felt that way? Nicole - No and I really tried hard to keep it that way 'cause I didn't think it would be fair to him but then he did find out and the timing was horrible and now in his eyes he thinks I have motive to do what he thinks I did. Dan - What does he think you did? Nicole starts to cry. He thinks I drugged him and raped him.

Segment 5: Jen - If there were another explanation why wouldn't Daniel have given it? He pretty much admitted why he was at her place. Why would he lie about that? Hope - I'm so sorry about all this Jen. Jen - It means the world to me that you guys are here but ... Hope - You really want us to go. Jen - I guess I'm seeking a certain sense of denial and it's easier to be done without sympathetic friends and family. Kayla and Hope both say they have to leave. Hugs all around. They leave. Jen tells herself it doesn't matter. Why does it hurt so much?

Vic - Here's what we know. Daniel saved some young woman's life so we're going to rake him over the coals for that? Maggie - That isn't the issue and you know it. Maggie gets a call from Chez Rouge she has to take which she thinks is a blessing because she doesn't want to hear what Vic has to say. Vic - He's your son. You're supposed to be on his side. Maggie - I know. I am. Brady - She is on his side. She's upset. You should have seen how upset Jennifer was. Vic - She dumped him. Cry me a river. Brady - You callous much, Victor? Vic - He's family. He's my godson, Maggie's son. My loyalties are first foremost to him just as they are to you which means I'll be there tomorrow at your wedding when you vow to honour and love the psychopath of your dreams. Brady - I think I'm going to cry. Vic - Yeah, well watch me at the wedding tomorrow.

Theresa - You must be so ashamed of me. Eric - You know we all make mistakes. It doesn't define you. It's how you handle the mistakes that matter. Theresa - By that definition I'm a screw-up. Eric - This may be an opportunity to change that. You may not know this but I work for a Guy who might be able to help that. Theresa - The thing is Father I don't think I'm cut out to be as pure and saintly as you.

Dan - What! How in God's name can he think you had anything to do with this. Nicole - I don't know. I barely understand it myself. It all happened that night he got sick at the Capitol. His memory is fuzzy. He thinks he was drugged and then you know by some woman. Dan - He doesn't remember that it was you. Nicole - Because I didn't do it! Dan - I don't mean it like that. That's not what I'm saying. I think he should get a few more details before he starts accusing you of something so ... Nicole - He's a mess and he's frightened and he's not thinking straight and I'm really worried about him. Dan - You're what! He accuses you of rape and you defend him! Nicole - Jennifer dumped you and you take the rap for her kid! Dan - Yeah. Quite a pair, huh. Nicole - Something happened to Eric that night. Someone did something to him. Dan - Yeah. I always thought he was deliberately poisoned. So let me get this straight. Eric thinks it was you but I thought I remembered his saying something about a woman with dark hair. Nicole - There's more. This hotel clerk told Eric that there was a woman in disguise and she demanded the room right next to his. The clerk said that woman was me. Dan - Eric thought the woman was the one that got him sick. Nicole - She used the name Fay Taylor. That was my mother's name and my sister's name. Yeah, it all hooks together. One damning bit of evidence after another. Yes I know I have done some horrible, terrible things but I did not do this, I swear. I swear I didn't. Please tell me you believe me. She cries.

Kristen - I learned my lesson. I don't keep secrets from Brady. Marlena - I think we both know that's not true. Cue f/b of Kristen watching her sex video. If you're referring to the trash that Nicole is spewing it's all a bunch of lies. Marlena - So you deny the affair. Kristen - It's nothing but a lie. Even when Brady and I weren't together he was the only man in my heart. Marlena - Yes but we're not talking about the man who's in your ... heart. Kristen - You know what, I don't care what you and Nicole say or what you believe 'cause guess what, Brady believes me. Me! And nothing will ever convince him otherwise. She leaves. Marlena picks up the flashdrive. I'm not so sure you're right about that.

Segment 6: Nicole - I know how many times I have lied to you Daniel but I swear, I swear I did not do this. Dan - I believe you. You're not lying. You wouldn't do something like that. Nicole - Thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me. They hug. Oh God, Daniel, I feel so alone right now.

JJ - So what happened with you and Chad? I thought things were good. Abby - They were but it didn't work out. Sonny - I hope you're okay. Abby - Yeah. Well not really yet but I will be. Sonny gets a text from Will. JJ has to leave as well. He hugs his sister after offering to beat up Chad for her if she wants. Abby can take him. She tells him she loves him and that she's so happy to have her brother back. I'm really glad you came to your senses before you got into anymore trouble. I was really worried about you. JJ - Things are good now. No more worries. He leaves.

Theresa - I know I'm a screwed-up mess but you seem a little not you tonight. Is something wrong? Hope comes in. Hey, so you are awake. Hi Eric. Eric was on his way out. He tells Theresa if she needs anything to call. Think about what I said. Eric goes to pour himself a coffee. Anne swoops in. It's terrible what happened to Theresa, isn't it? Eric - I'm sorry, do I know you? Anne - I'm Anne Milbauer, Theresa's boss and her friend and you're a cousin, right? Dr. Evan's son. Eric - Yes, that's right. Anne - If you care at all about Theresa you ought to talk to your mother. For some reason she's hell bent on allowing Dr. Jonas to get away with all this without taking any responsibility. Eric - And what does Dr. Jonas have to do with this? Anne - No one told you? He's the one that brought her in. He was with her at her apt. Eric - Why? Anne - From what I hear he was working on his bedside manner if you get my meaning. She walks away.

Nicole - Thank you so much. Dan - Should I talk to Eric? Nicole - No please. Not yet. There's more I should tell you but I don't feel like it right now. Dan - Okay. I'll go to talk to JJ; let him know he can trust you. Nicole - Can I just stay here for a little while to get myself together. I promise I'll be gone by the time you get back. Dan - I don't want you to go. You can stay here in the guest room. I don't think you need to be alone right now. Nicole - Thank you. It's good to have a friend. Dan - The truth is going to come out and Eric is going to realise you didn't do anything wrong. Nicole - I wish I could believe that Daniel.

Marlena - There must be something on here that proves Kristen had an affair but with whom? I found it in Daniel's office but he'd never get involved with Kristen. Okay I'm going to find out. She inserts the flashdrive into the port on her laptop.

Segment 7: Eric sees Kayla near the nurses station. I just heard some vile innuendo. Kayla - Let me guess, you just talked to Anne Milbauer. Eric - Yeah, was it Daniel that found Theresa in her apt.? Kayla - Yeah that's right. Eric - Why was he there? Kayla - I don't know. I've got to see a patient. Eric mutters - Daniel and Theresa?

Theresa - It's weird. I don't even remember having drugs on me last night. For all I know someone could have slipped them to me. Hope - Is there anything else you remember? Do you recall me coming by your apt. and our conversation. Theresa - Not at all. A ? could have been in my house last night; I don't even remember.

Dan comes to his office. JJ - So you're sure Nicole won't say anything? Dan - Yeah, I am positive. JJ - But there's still Theresa. If she says anything I'm screwed! Jen knocks on the door and pokes her head in. Daniel, I saw ... JJ what are you doing here?

Kristen gets off the elevator on Dan's floor. Daniel, I hope you can tell me what's going on in Eric's mind; how much he remembers. She knocks. Nicole opens the door. Kristen - WTH are you doing here? Nicole - I could ask you the same question.

Marlena - Come on, I need to know what's on this drive. She press a button and then is taken aback. No! No, it can't be.

six
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Nov 1 2013, 07:48 PM
six
Rosebud
six
Nov 1 2013, 02:46 PM

I don't remember Sami ever calling Alice Grandma. Anyway, it wasn't just that belle called Caroline and Shawn her grandparents, they treated her like their granddaughter. They took care of her ALL the time! And shawnD was around all the time with them. Caroline probably had a good legal case for custody if she had wanted to do that ;)

Then when they decided they just HAD to pair the children of Bope and J&M, even though Shawn D was a lot older, they desorased Shawn and made up some fake history where they told us those two shared a playpen. :rolleyes:
Sorry, I still don't see the big deal. I'm okay with the children of people who are "like family" dating. I'm just not okay with actual family members dating.

Also, it would bother me if the sorasing erased a part of Shawn or Belle's history, but it didn't so I'm fine with that, too.
It erased history, IMO... Like the fact that they shared the same grandparents. I'll never forget that episode where KS's Belle walked into the pub after being sorased and said to Caroline: Hi, Mrs. Brady! :soapbox:
That didn't stop due to the sorasing. It stopped due to the characters getting paired together, which is a separate issue. As an example of what I mean - back in the late 90s or early 2000s, Kate had something going with Carly's son Nicholas, who was in his late 20s or 30s. A couple of years ago, Days brought Nicholas back and he was in his early 20s. Because he's been made so young again, Days can't ever refer to that pairing again.

Keith
Member Avatar

six
Nov 2 2013, 09:07 AM
Keith
six
Rosebud

GMAB. They are not "like family". The writers simply decided to pretend they weren't when they wanted to pair them. Shawn didn't call Marlena Aunt because his parents were close to Marlena. She was literally his aunt. Divorce doesn't stop aunt from being aunt. Shawn and Belle are a great example of two characters who never should have been paired based on history and story, but actor chemistry and producer demands made it happen anyway.
Sorry I'm not pretending everyone does things the way that your family does them. If someone is your aunt through marriage and the marriage dissolves, the other relationships dissolve, too. She isn't your uncle's wife, or your grandparents' daughter in law, or your aunt anymore. You are of course, free to keep considering your uncles ex wife your aunt if that's what the two of you want to do, because she still feels like family, but it's not wrong if you don't. And you don't have to consider her kids, who aren't related to you, to be your cousins.

Sami was Abby and JJ's aunt. She isn't anymore and when we see Abby and Sami in scenes, Abby isn't calling her "Aunt Sami" because they were never close enough for the title to outlast the marriage.
Never said it was how my family did it. And I certainly think in the case of Marlena, the relationship would have remained, especially given how the Bradys continued to consider her one of the family throughout the 90s. Its true that there are marriages that dissolve where that relationship never really continues, but in the small town mindset that Salem would have? Unlikely. Also, in the case of Sami, she was married to Lucas for all of two seconds. They were not married long enough for a sister's kids to develop an aunt relationship with Sami. Again you make a fair point - the title wouldn't outlast the marriage. In the case of Marlena and Bo and Hope, that simply has never been written to be the case until it was convenient. In fact, the presence of the John/Gina stuff happening around the SORASing almost makes it feel more incestuous to me. Zach didn't end up being John's - but he easily could have and then Belle and Shawn would have been half-siblings through Zach. The closeness of the Bo/Hope and John/Marlena relationship warranted Shawn calling her aunt when Cook's incarnation began (which was my original point) and it will never make sense to me that he didn't consider Belle and Brady (who he has a DIRECT blood tie to through Bo and Victor) cousins.

six
Member Avatar

Keith
Nov 2 2013, 10:18 AM
six
Nov 2 2013, 09:07 AM
Keith
six

Never said it was how my family did it. And I certainly think in the case of Marlena, the relationship would have remained, especially given how the Bradys continued to consider her one of the family throughout the 90s. Its true that there are marriages that dissolve where that relationship never really continues, but in the small town mindset that Salem would have? Unlikely. Also, in the case of Sami, she was married to Lucas for all of two seconds. They were not married long enough for a sister's kids to develop an aunt relationship with Sami. Again you make a fair point - the title wouldn't outlast the marriage. In the case of Marlena and Bo and Hope, that simply has never been written to be the case until it was convenient. In fact, the presence of the John/Gina stuff happening around the SORASing almost makes it feel more incestuous to me. Zach didn't end up being John's - but he easily could have and then Belle and Shawn would have been half-siblings through Zach. The closeness of the Bo/Hope and John/Marlena relationship warranted Shawn calling her aunt when Cook's incarnation began (which was my original point) and it will never make sense to me that he didn't consider Belle and Brady (who he has a DIRECT blood tie to through Bo and Victor) cousins.
No, you didn't, but your post did make it sound like the idea that someone wouldn't consider their uncle's ex wife family was unheard of. Again, I could see where this would all be too close for comfort for some people, but I personally wouldn't have considered Belle and Shawn half siblings, or to be any other sort of relative if they shared a brother. And that's not because I'm a shelle apologist or something - even in real life, I don't see myself as being related to my half brother's brothers, just because we have a relative in common. And while it's not exactly the same, I didn't think Bo/Billie, Lucas/Sami and Carrie/Austin needed to reevaluate where they stood when Philip/The Alien twins arrived/their parents got married.

Even with taking Salem's small town mindset into account, I could still easily believe that shelle didn't think of each other as cousins. I wouldn't protest if they did, but I don't think it's a certainty that they would, although I do get why someone else would see it differently.
Edited by six, Nov 2 2013, 03:09 PM.

Mouse Mom

I like Nicole's hair, and Marlena's hair is the best it has looked in a long time.
Loved the Marlena and Kristen snark scene. Point goes to Marlena.
Jennifer is that person on your Face Book that posts vague status updates about vague drama to suck people in to telling her how sorry they are and asking what is wrong and then she yells at them for being nosy.
Maybe Father Eric will spin out of control, kill Jennifer in a some random manner and then fade away into prison life where he can be king of the cell block. Anne could be his outside contact.
Put Sami in a coma for a while, put Nicole back with EJ, let's find out who Rafe's Daddy is and make it so he has the most money and power of all. And then he can be the new king of badness.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Nov 1 2013, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry but nobody who has been burned by Nicole should ever trust her word. She has too many whoppers under her belt.
Nicole is not the only person in Salem who has given voice to serious lies.The list is too long.Based on the harmful past lies criterion,no one would trust the word of most of Salem's residents.
Edited by BeeBee, Nov 2 2013, 12:47 PM.

Sweet and Salty

metitle
Nov 1 2013, 12:44 PM
Team WilSon
Nov 1 2013, 12:39 PM
Gosh, that hairstyle on Nicole is awful.
She needs to get rid of those bangs.
it's very difficult for Nicole to look bad ever!

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Pookie
Nov 1 2013, 11:00 PM
phloe3
Nov 1 2013, 08:55 PM
SK, but why did he have to badmouth her. She is always defending him. I wanted her to rat him out after that. I think she's still lying. Yesterday, she got up after everyone left and had a smirk
They're BOTH trying to cover their asses. Theresa by feigning amnesia and JJ by distancing himself from Theresa and drugs. The fact is, they would BOTH be up shits creek if the truth about what happened that night came out. Theresa has no idea what JJ has or will say, so she's looking out for #1. Same with JJ.
Theresa's remarks to Hope that she did not have any drugs and "someone may have slipped something to her" makes me think she is going to make it seem as if Daniel (or JJ) put a "date rape" drug in her drink without her knowledge which would get her off the hook for her drug use.This would also lay the ground for ethical/criminal investigations concerning Daniel with JJ and Nicole knowing that Daniel is innocent thus creating a dilemma both all three.
BTW I noticed the floor of Daniel's office when Marlena dropped the flash drive.What is up with the floor in Daniel's office?He is such a top notch surgeon at Salem's best hospital yet he has free clinic linoleum instead of carpet in his office.
Edited by BeeBee, Nov 2 2013, 01:07 PM.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Nov 1 2013, 11:51 PM
I disagree. Actor chemistry had nothing to do with it. :D
I was gonna say.... "What chemistry?"

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

jwsel
Nov 2 2013, 01:11 AM
DocandJohn4ever
Nov 1 2013, 11:28 PM
catching up on some scenes from today's show... why is everyone acting like Theresa is some random stranger that taniel just happened to save??... she's kim and shanes daughter everyone knows who they are, shes practically related to almost everyone in salem :fp2:
This. What I wouldn't have given for some line from Victor about Theresa. There is so much history between him and her parents; it would have been gold.

And why hasn't anyone reacted to Jennifer's pearl-clutching with, "Gee, isn't she Kim and Shane's daughter? I can't believe she's that bad." From the way Jennifer talks about her, you would think Theresa is an axe murderer. Meanwhile, Jennifer is besties with Kristen-freaking-DiMera.

Speaking of which, what did Theresa really do to earn Jennifer's hate so much? So she was a bad worker, snarked at Jen, and committed the horrible crime of telling Jennifer that she isn't mother of the year. But all of this "oh, Theresa has made my life a living hell" is so OTT. It really is like junior high mean-girl drama, but I'm losing track of who I am supposed to believe are the mean girls.

And ITA about Jennifer refusing to go to the wedding because Daniel might be there. Since I was thinking about Shane and Kim, it reminded me how they broke up just before being asked to be best man and maid of honor at RoJohn and Marlena's wedding. They kept their break-up secret so they wouldn't affect the bride's and groom's happiness. That's how adults act.
Oh God, remember that scene at their little gathering at the dress fittings? Bah, so angsty you could just die! I miss Shane and Kim. Can we change Dr Ding Dong and JennyJen for them? Please?

Chemistry and talent > neither.

Shane and Kim played it up good for RoJohn and Marlena, and you could just see their hearts breaking. God, Charlie and Patsy... with their eyes. I loved the friendship with the four of them, and how S&K did love R&M enough to just not say anything. They could have said "It happened, but we're going to do this anyway", but they actually put their brother and sis-in-law's big day ahead of their own feelings at the time. That's big. RoJohn and Marlena are like actually glowing with happiness together, and they're floating on a sky having worked out their issue right before... and Shane's looking at the love of his life walking away... Kleenex, please!

Oh man, I miss the show having a heart. And angst. And actual friendships based on love and respect.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Keith
WELL SAID! I never even saw the supposed chemistry, LOL They paired them because some lame producer (probably Ken Corday, who thought it was brilliant to soras Brady and Belle after J&M's marriage) thought it was oh so perfect that Bope and J&M's children should become the golden couple. GMAB :eyeroll:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

camera shy
Nov 2 2013, 03:53 AM
DocandJohn4ever
Nov 1 2013, 11:28 PM
catching up on some scenes from today's show... why is everyone acting like Theresa is some random stranger that taniel just happened to save??... she's kim and shanes daughter everyone knows who they are, shes practically related to almost everyone in salem :fp2:
Brady acted like he never heard of her before......isn't that his cousin?
Even if she wasn't his cousin, you would think growing up among the Brady family he would know her as well as the rest of 'em. :rolleyes:

lysie
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Nov 2 2013, 03:15 PM
Keith
WELL SAID! I never even saw the supposed chemistry, LOL They paired them because some lame producer (probably Ken Corday, who thought it was brilliant to soras Brady and Belle after J&M's marriage) thought it was oh so perfect that Bope and J&M's children should become the golden couple. GMAB :eyeroll:

I didn't hate that era as it was airing, but looking back I think that time period is actually what did the most damage to the show. Between the SORASing and the focus on a crowd 10 years younger than it should have been, the show just never recovered. THAT is actually when Sami's age group should have been the leads, not now. They threw everything off generationally, and we're still paying for it.

Keith
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 2 2013, 03:19 PM
Rosebud
Keith

I didn't hate that era as it was airing, but looking back I think that time period is actually what did the most damage to the show. Between the SORASing and the focus on a crowd 10 years younger than it should have been, the show just never recovered. THAT is actually when Sami's age group should have been the leads, not now. They threw everything off generationally, and we're still paying for it.
Oh, for a world when Abigail and Brady (both born in 1992) and Philip and Will (both born in 1995) were the same age and EJ was younger than them (born in 1997). The show used to be able to SORAS, even extremely, with an even hand. They at least aged generations together. Much as I love Casey Moss, JJ was born in 2004. No one else from that generation has aged and it bugs me. I love watching Lauren Boles and would love to see her, as Christie Clark did, grow up and into the role. The choice to age JJ was a sensible story move and he is such a find, but now his generational peers are still children.

lysie
Member Avatar

Keith
Nov 2 2013, 03:39 PM
lysie
Nov 2 2013, 03:19 PM
Rosebud
Keith

Oh, for a world when Abigail and Brady (both born in 1992) and Philip and Will (both born in 1995) were the same age and EJ was younger than them (born in 1997). The show used to be able to SORAS, even extremely, with an even hand. They at least aged generations together. Much as I love Casey Moss, JJ was born in 2004. No one else from that generation has aged and it bugs me. I love watching Lauren Boles and would love to see her, as Christie Clark did, grow up and into the role. The choice to age JJ was a sensible story move and he is such a find, but now his generational peers are still children.
At least with JJ we didn't see a whole lot of him as a baby. So it's not like we have all these memories of him playing with Ciara and Theo and now he's all of a sudden an adult.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

six
Nov 2 2013, 09:22 AM
Rosebud
Nov 1 2013, 07:48 PM
six
Rosebud

It erased history, IMO... Like the fact that they shared the same grandparents. I'll never forget that episode where KS's Belle walked into the pub after being sorased and said to Caroline: Hi, Mrs. Brady! :soapbox:
That didn't stop due to the sorasing. It stopped due to the characters getting paired together, which is a separate issue. As an example of what I mean - back in the late 90s or early 2000s, Kate had something going with Carly's son Nicholas, who was in his late 20s or 30s. A couple of years ago, Days brought Nicholas back and he was in his early 20s. Because he's been made so young again, Days can't ever refer to that pairing again.
It stopped because they desorased ShawnD and sorased Belle to be paired together, so it erased that part of their history for both reasons. It's not a separate issue at all. They had to change their ages in order to pair them up. When Belle was a baby, Shawn D had been aged to about 9. You couldn't pair them without erasing history and changing their ages.

Just look at ShawnD in this cast photo where Belle wasn't even born yet.

Cast Photo / Jason47 Website

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply