Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of October 21-25, 2013
Topic Started: Nov 1 2013, 03:49 AM (1,941 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/11/ratings-yr-hits-1-75-year-high-in-total-viewers

Ratings Report for the Week of October 21-25, 2013

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,919,000 (+160,000/+509,000) *
2. B&B 3,669,000 (+16,000/+561,000)
3. GH 2,855,000 (+34,000/+104,000)
4. DAYS 2,505,000 (-138,000/+80,000)

* New high for JFP/Griffith regime
* 1.75 year high: highest since January 30 - February 3, 2012 (4,949,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.5/12 (same/+.2)
2. B&B 2.6/9 (same/+.2)
3. GH 2.2/7 (same/+.2)
4. DAYS 1.9/6 (-.1/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 815,000 (-38,000/+21,000)
2. GH 743,000 (-2,000/+42,000)
3. B&B 690,000 (+10,000/+97,000)
4. DAYS 583,000 (-74,000/+64,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (same/+.1)
2. GH 1.2/8 (same/+.1)
3. B&B 1.1/7 (same/+.2)
4. DAYS 0.9/6 (-.1/+.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. GH 252,000 (-2,000/+4,000)
2. DAYS 214,000 (+8,000/+38,000)
2. Y&R 214,000 (-34,000/+25,000)
4. B&B 197,000 (-26,000/+53,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. GH 0.7 (-.1/same)
2. DAYS 0.6 (same/+.1)
2. B&B 0.6 (-.1/+.2)
2. Y&R 0.6 (-.1/same)

Day-To-Day Ratings - HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.7/3,833,000
Tuesday: 2.7/3,862,000
Wednesday: 2.6/3,412,000
Thursday: 2.7/3,726,000
Friday: 2.5/3,514,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.9/2,449,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,681,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,455,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,446,000
Friday: 1.9/2,495,000

GH
Monday: 2.4/3,128,000
Tuesday: 2.3/3,015,000
Wednesday: 2.2/2,819,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,580,000
Friday: 2.0/2,735,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.5/4,948,000
Tuesday: 3.7/5,095,000
Wednesday: 3.5/4,746,000
Thursday: 3.6/5,085,000
Friday: 3.3/4,721,000
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysmemories
Member Avatar

Y and R bounces back big. And wow GH hitting over 3 mil. Good job

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I'm surprised that Y&R isn't tanking as many predicted. I still think that these types of shows do attract an audience....and will continue to attract an audience. Soaps are based on some semi real life situations and losing a child unfortunately has been tackled by every day folks for some time. I don't think that people tune in to see the child die of course, but I do think they tune in to see the performance of the actors as their characters are heartbroken over the loss of said child. I still think Y&R did a good job of planting this right before sweeps...hoping it doesn't tank now that sweeps begins....

GH is on fire and continues to be the best show IMHO out of all the 4...

Days needs something...I don't know what it is but it needs something....I'm sure that once again the 'event' (Bristen's wedding) will bring about a surge in the ratings but by end of November we'll go back to boring, predictable storylines.....and the gains they get from the Bristen reveal they would have lost by Christmas.

six
Member Avatar

Has a show ever (in recent history) lost viewers when they did a tragic story like killing a little kid? I know GH went up and I'm not sure what happened on Days with Grace and Zach, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went up, too. ISTM that the way this usually works is that viewers complain (and create lots of free publicity), but they watch, too.

In my area, Days is up against Y&R/B&B, so their gain would be Days' loss.
Edited by six, Nov 1 2013, 09:39 AM.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Itís been my observation that DAYS does just the opposite of what the other 3 daytime soaps are doing and unfortunately it shows each and every week in the ratings.

GH is on fire and have been for while now I donít know why it took me so long to start watching itís the best daytime soap on each day I canít wait for tomorrow to come. Itís the only daytime show that I watch more then once. I guess I would have to say Iím addicted!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lovinsafe
Nov 1 2013, 09:45 AM
Itís been my observation that DAYS does just the opposite of what the other 3 daytime soaps are doing and unfortunately it shows each and every week in the ratings.

GH is on fire and have been for while now I donít know why it took me so long to start watching itís the best daytime soap on each day I canít wait for tomorrow to come. Itís the only daytime show that I watch more then once. I guess I would have to say Iím addicted!
ITA. I'll say that GH feels very much the way Days use to feel under Reilly....I know he gets criticism from many but I still think his type of writing on both instances (and I know his first run was way better then his second) is what makes a 'soap' feel like a 'soap'. Look at yesterday's show.....I think Days tried 2 years ago to actually do something similar to what GH did yesterday..but unfortunately it didn't even have that same effect. Having holidays commemorated on soaps is suppose to be fun, but a soap is still a soap, so it's just not about everyone being in costume like it was on Days under MarDar a few years back... it's about the suspense and the mystery that has one person who the town folk believe is dead show up in a disguise at a halloween party....that is what a soap is all about. It's the anticipation of watching tomorrow that I just don't get from Days now. I just can't freaking wait until today to see what exactly Robin does.....does Patrick look at her eyes and recognize her? How does she react to seeing her daughter? I love Britt and Nikolas and I love it that Liz appears to be jealous of their budding relationship....I loved all the kids and the adults in costume...loved Duke walking into the mansion.....will he find Cesar? It's seriously an all around good show and I just know that today we will end with yet another brilliantly orchestrated cliffhanger Friday.....I can't wait.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS is starting to fall away from the "pack"...their numbers are not encouraging at all right now...and they are reflecting the state of the show.

It has moments of greatness, followed by a plethora of unstable storytelling, with the WRONG character being features 24/7.

I don't want DAYS cancelled, but I am NOT hoping for gains for the show because Tomlin/Whitesell NEED to go!

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 1 2013, 11:27 AM
DAYS is starting to fall away from the "pack"...their numbers are not encouraging at all right now...and they are reflecting the state of the show.

It has moments of greatness, followed by a plethora of unstable storytelling, with the WRONG character being features 24/7.

I don't want DAYS cancelled, but I am NOT hoping for gains for the show because Tomlin/Whitesell NEED to go!
"Days" has not had a good head-writer or head-writing team in a very long time! If we got a person who knew how to write real stories that could grab viewers they would have to start with a serial killer story line, and keep the victims dead for good.

This show needs so much work it may take a few months to actually get it back on it's feet creatively. It is possible, and the acting is strong and the production values are better right now, but we have to realize this show is a hot mess. We need a fucking genius!
Edited by Daysfanatic79, Nov 1 2013, 11:40 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't agree that the acting on Days is strong. It hasn't be strong since they changed the way they film.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Daysfanatic79
Nov 1 2013, 11:39 AM
Mitchapalooza
Nov 1 2013, 11:27 AM

"Days" has not had a good head-writer or head-writing team in a very long time! If we got a person who knew how to write real stories that could grab viewers they would have to start with a serial killer story line, and keep the victims dead for good.

This show needs so much work it may take a few months to actually get it back on it's feet creatively. It is possible, and the acting is strong and the production values are better right now, but we have to realize this show is a hot mess. We need a fucking genius!
and let's face it....they don't need a serial killer storyline...they just need a good storyline, lol....but let's go with your idea....

John is MIA until now....

Bo is MIA permanently

Chloe came and left...

Chad has left

Cameron will leave

Gabi is leaving soon

They could have really started a slow serial killer thing a year ago when Bo disappeared....and then have John fall a victim....then Chloe....add Chad and Cameron now....Gabi is next....have a few failed attempts with others....

It's really not a big deal and it would have us all on the edge of our seats...instead we have to worry about envelopes with pictures and flash drives....it's just stupid.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 1 2013, 08:42 AM
I'm surprised that Y&R isn't tanking as many predicted. I still think that these types of shows do attract an audience....and will continue to attract an audience. Soaps are based on some semi real life situations and losing a child unfortunately has been tackled by every day folks for some time. I don't think that people tune in to see the child die of course, but I do think they tune in to see the performance of the actors as their characters are heartbroken over the loss of said child. I still think Y&R did a good job of planting this right before sweeps...hoping it doesn't tank now that sweeps begins....

GH is on fire and continues to be the best show IMHO out of all the 4...

Days needs something...I don't know what it is but it needs something....I'm sure that once again the 'event' (Bristen's wedding) will bring about a surge in the ratings but by end of November we'll go back to boring, predictable storylines.....and the gains they get from the Bristen reveal they would have lost by Christmas.
new writers... tomsell have taken this show right back to where it was 3 years ago when higley had it on the verge of cancellation with her ridiculous plot points and character destructions :shame:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Nov 1 2013, 11:59 AM
I don't agree that the acting on Days is strong. It hasn't be strong since they changed the way they film.
I think the acting is middle ground, with some truly shining and some truly sucking beyond belief (GG, AS just to name a few))

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I agree that the show needs a bang...it needs another serial killer storyline of sorts, one that will truly trim the shit from this show.

If the show wants better ratings, they need better writers and an absolutely headline grabbing storyline to start off with.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Nov 1 2013, 02:11 PM.

OliveAnn

lysie
Nov 1 2013, 11:59 AM
Jason Brooks did an interview a while back in which he talked about this. He said that the biggest difference between Days and everything else he'd worked on since Days was in multiple takes. They allow for better performance. If you mess up the first time, you can do it better the second time. On Days, that doesn't exist. Once you mess up, you messed up and if there's no way around it, your mess up will be broadcast in the episode. I'm not saying that Days actors aren't good. They are hard-working and that they manage to give great performances from time to time despite various restrictions is admirable. Many young actors who started on Days have said that working on that show was the best training ground they could have asked for. But, imagine just how better their performances would be with second takes. And why can't the show afford them? Because they don't want to stay in the studio too long and have to pay a lot of money for the electricity? Is electricity really that big of a problem? Days needs a new model for filming ASAP. Someone needs to come in and shake things up. To start with, actors who have been with the show for a while need to be woken up. Some of them are so used to this one-take model that from time to time, they don't even bother to give an effort in a scene and let it show that they were having a lousy day when a particular episode was filmed.

Hugo
Member Avatar

DAYS ratings for this week and the past few weeks are above last season averages in the key demos (W18-49: 555'000, W18-34: 172'000). I think the show will get renewed soon with TomSell staying as headwriters. For what it's worth, I actually like their writing...

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

DocandJohn4ever
Nov 1 2013, 01:09 PM
new writers... tomsell have taken this show right back to where it was 3 years ago when higley had it on the verge of cancellation with her ridiculous plot points and character destructions :shame:
TomSell hasn't taken the show back to where Higley took it ratings-wise and that's what matters to TPTB. Unless ratings start to tank, TomSell will be sticking around.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Nov 1 2013, 03:38 PM
DocandJohn4ever
Nov 1 2013, 01:09 PM
TomSell hasn't taken the show back to where Higley took it ratings-wise and that's what matters to TPTB. Unless ratings start to tank, TomSell will be sticking around.
I don't think it's the ratings that are the same as they were near the end of Higley's reign.. yet, but this team is going for stupid plot points with little to no character based writing and continue to destroy characters to the point that many aren't even recognizable anymore.. that's much the same as Higley did.. Chloe anyone??

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 1 2013, 02:10 PM
I agree that the show needs a bang...it needs another serial killer storyline of sorts, one that will truly trim the shit from this show.

If the show wants better ratings, they need better writers and an absolutely headline grabbing storyline to start off with.
This isn't really related to ratings, but for me one of the biggest differences between GH and Days is there is more action on GH which leads to more of an energized feel to the show. Right now there are some awesomely hilarious old-school villains stirring up shit in Port Charles and beyond with one of the show's most endearing characters just days away from coming back from the dead. And Frank and Ron are better at spreading out the action year-round and not just for sweeps, IMO.

Not Amused
Member Avatar

Honestly my issue with Days is I find the show pretty mediocre. They do great with big reveals and events but they usually don't give me much of a desire to watch all of the time. It doesn't really help that everything is pretty much plot driven and 90 percent of the time characters come across as ooc. My favorite characters right now are either unrecognizable or on the back burner (Justin & Adrienne) Minus the upcoming wedding reveal I'm finding the show to be a let down and the constant Daniel pimping doesn't help. :shame:

GH on the other hand has been nothing short of amazing even during this past non sweeps month, I wish Days could take some notes from GH.

michr544125

JarlenaLante
Nov 1 2013, 08:46 PM
Mitchapalooza
Nov 1 2013, 02:10 PM

This isn't really related to ratings, but for me one of the biggest differences between GH and Days is there is more action on GH which leads to more of an energized feel to the show. Right now there are some awesomely hilarious old-school villains stirring up shit in Port Charles and beyond with one of the show's most endearing characters just days away from coming back from the dead. And Frank and Ron are better at spreading out the action year-round and not just for sweeps, IMO.
Totally agree about GH being more filled with action. Days is basically all about characters standing around and talking. Even when they do events every now and then, the events seem so flat compared to GH. I'm not sure if it's a budget issue but Days pales in comparison to GH. I wish the honchos at Days would watch some episodes of GH. I think they'd feel pretty embarrassed if they saw how much better GH is. Also GH knows how to incorporate almost their entire cast into umbrella stories and then branch smaller stories off that. Days only includes the same characters in stories every single day while the rest just make guest appearances. And those stories drag out for months with nothing happening. You miss a month and you've missed nothing. Also Days shows no connections between characters. Sonny, Will, Chad, Abby, etc are all supposed to be friends yet we've only see that play out maybe a couple times over the past several months. Going further, Days shows absolutely no romance. The only couple that gets anything is Sami and EJ. Really Days only has two couples together and that's Sami/EJ and Will/Sonny (and god forbid they get anything more than a smooch on the lips). I get it's a soap but when there is no romance, no action and no moving stories that doesn't equate to intriguing tv...at least not for me. I watch out of habit but if I miss a day I don't really care, where as with GH I would hate to miss a show right now. Days has some great actors but that can't make up for lackluster writing.
Edited by michr544125, Nov 1 2013, 11:40 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply