Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of October 21-25, 2013
Topic Started: Nov 1 2013, 03:49 AM (1,910 Views)
daysmemories
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Nov 1 2013, 11:27 AM
DAYS is starting to fall away from the "pack"...their numbers are not encouraging at all right now...and they are reflecting the state of the show.

It has moments of greatness, followed by a plethora of unstable storytelling, with the WRONG character being features 24/7.

I don't want DAYS cancelled, but I am NOT hoping for gains for the show because Tomlin/Whitesell NEED to go!
Tomlin And Co are just being Told what to write.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

tomsawyer
Nov 1 2013, 03:38 PM
DocandJohn4ever
Nov 1 2013, 01:09 PM
new writers... tomsell have taken this show right back to where it was 3 years ago when higley had it on the verge of cancellation with her ridiculous plot points and character destructions :shame:
TomSell hasn't taken the show back to where Higley took it ratings-wise and that's what matters to TPTB. Unless ratings start to tank, TomSell will be sticking around.
The show is not at Higley or even Mardar levels yet, but the show feels like it is not getting the same momentum the other shows have had over the last year.

Maybe it is just this week, I don't know...or maybe it is because GH is massively outperforming DAYS, when they used to be consistently tied, slightly ahead or slightly behind the show.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Mitchapalooza
Nov 5 2013, 02:41 PM
tomsawyer
DocandJohn4ever
new writers... tomsell have taken this show right back to where it was 3 years ago when higley had it on the verge of cancellation with her ridiculous plot points and character destructions :shame:
TomSell hasn't taken the show back to where Higley took it ratings-wise and that's what matters to TPTB. Unless ratings start to tank, TomSell will be sticking around.
The show is not at Higley or even Mardar levels yet, but the show feels like it is not getting the same momentum the other shows have had over the last year.

Maybe it is just this week, I don't know...or maybe it is because GH is massively outperforming DAYS, when they used to be consistently tied, slightly ahead or slightly behind the show.
Actually I needed to go back because I remember that Higley numbers weren't that far off from what's appearing now and I was right....

I picked a random date in the fall of 2010, before the shit hit the fan that winter...Days was already in a decline...and guess what their numbers were for the week of September 6, 2010?

5. DAYS 2,494,000 (+51,000/-226,000)

for the week of October 4. DAYS 2,505,000 (-138,000/+80,000)

I'm telling you they don't look too bad because MarDar fucked up the show so bad, that the numbers went DOWN from Higley lows.....so IMHO we really haven't gained ANYTHING since 2010 and that is just bad for this show....it's not going to get canceled before the 50th but if it doesn't get some major life injected to it in the next 12 months then the 5oth is going to look like pure shit. We need new writers who care about the history of this show, don't play favorites, give vets and newbies equal time and can actually write a story that isn't all a series of plot points that lead you nowhere.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Nov 5 2013, 03:49 PM
Mitchapalooza
Nov 5 2013, 02:41 PM
tomsawyer
DocandJohn4ever
I
Actually I needed to go back because I remember that Higley numbers weren't that far off from what's appearing now and I was right....

I picked a random date in the fall of 2010, before the shit hit the fan that winter...Days was already in a decline...and guess what their numbers were for the week of September 6, 2010?

5. DAYS 2,494,000 (+51,000/-226,000)

for the week of October 4. DAYS 2,505,000 (-138,000/+80,000)

I'm telling you they don't look too bad because MarDar fucked up the show so bad, that the numbers went DOWN from Higley lows.....so IMHO we really haven't gained ANYTHING since 2010 and that is just bad for this show....it's not going to get canceled before the 50th but if it doesn't get some major life injected to it in the next 12 months then the 5oth is going to look like pure shit. We need new writers who care about the history of this show, don't play favorites, give vets and newbies equal time and can actually write a story that isn't all a series of plot points that lead you nowhere.
Thanks for this Luving. I knew my doubts about increased viewership were correct.
Edited by daysmemories, Nov 5 2013, 05:31 PM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

If it wasn't for Michael and Kiki, General Hospital would be as flawless as it was circa 1995.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Y&R has been good lately... I believe Shelly Altman has been writing A LOT of this stuff.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

No snow storms last week?

paul89

mardar was the best writer you can see that the show was changeing to be like the old days . the vets were getting story . !

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply